Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? (10647 Views)

Who Knows The Owner Of This Passport? (Photo) / Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / Nigerian E Passport Microchips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by deluxecad(m): 5:53am On Jan 27, 2016
Please what and how much does it take to effect a Name Change in the Nigerian electronic international passport? What Immigration offices in Nigeria can this be done?

This info is needed for a newly married woman.

People who have done this should please advise.
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by Kunleoduwole(m): 6:42am On Jan 27, 2016
You have to visit the immigration office in Abuja, with ur passport, marriage certificate, change of name proof in the newspaper, birth certificate and some cash..... When ready hla at me I know someone that can do it for you.
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by hodusglobal(m): 7:04am On Jan 27, 2016
You don't need to go Abuja. It's very easy since its only the Surname that will be changed as a married woman. Just go the the immigration office that is in your city or state. You need to go there with your marriage certificate and your old passport. Nothing like bribe or settlement...Civil servant dey also fear Sai Baba Anti Corruption now o!

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by stunning4real: 7:26am On Jan 27, 2016
hodusglobal:
You don't need to go Abuja. It's very easy since its only the Surname that will be changed as a married woman. Just go the the immigration office that is in your city or state. You need to go there with your marriage certificate and your old passport. Nothing like bribe or settlement...Civil servant dey also fear Sai Baba Anti Corruption now o!
you are wrong. She will have to go to Abuja for any correction,lost passport or change of any name. She may not have to go IF HER PREVIOUS PASSPORT IS NOT E-PASSPORT. I did mine in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by hodusglobal(m): 7:53am On Jan 27, 2016
OK...
stunning4real:
you are wrong. She will have to go to Abuja for any correction,lost passport or change of any name. She may not have to go IF HER PREVIOUS PASSPORT IS NOT E-PASSPORT. I did mine in Abuja.
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by deluxecad(m): 11:41am On Jan 27, 2016
stunning4real:

OK.

Please could you educate me on what it took you to do so?

Costs and what documents were required?
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by deluxecad(m): 11:42am On Jan 27, 2016
Kunleoduwole:
You have to visit the immigration office in Abuja, with ur passport, marriage certificate, change of name proof in the newspaper, birth certificate and some cash..... When ready hla at me I know someone that can do it for you.

Who can assist please?
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by deesmom(f): 11:43am On Jan 27, 2016
Abuja straight. I also tried to get around changing it in lagos without success. believe me if it's possible to change name without getting to Abuja I would have, so don't even try other offices cos you may just fall into the wrong hands. please try to go on a Thursday cos I was told it's an Irish firm that handles it and they only come twice a week. I can't remember the other day, but I went on a Thursday. of course you should go with your change of name documents and I think they also requested for sworn Affidavit. Happy married life to the newly married
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by deluxecad(m): 11:55am On Jan 27, 2016
deesmom:
Abuja straight. I also tried to get around changing it in lagos without success. believe me if it's possible to change name without getting to Abuja I would have, so don't even try other offices cos you may just fall into the wrong hands. please try to go on a Thursday cos I was told it's an Irish firm that handles it and they only come twice a week. I can't remember the other day, but I went on a Thursday. of course you should go with your change of name documents and I think they also requested for sworn Affidavit. Happy married life to the newly married

Thanks ma'am.

Please do mention the cost implications and if the new passport is issued the same day.
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by stunning4real: 12:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
deluxecad:

OK.

Please could you educate me on what it took you to do so?

Costs and what documents were required?

marriage certificate
husband data page/letter of consent
previous E-Passport
court avidafit
25k (then which last year march precisely)
I go mine the following day, although i was asked to wait for it but i didn't wait because i was still very much around in Abuja. So no rushing

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by deluxecad(m): 8:04am On Jan 28, 2016
Looks good.

Thanks.
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by aadetoyin(f): 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
Kunleoduwole:

Pls do u have an idea of how much it will cost and how many days it will take?
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by deluxecad(m): 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
aadetoyin:

Pls do u have an idea of how much it will cost and how many days it will take?

Someone said 25k

Duration nit clear.
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by Largemack: 6:05am On Oct 09, 2016
Help needed. I did my e-passport in 2012 with every data on it faked to be honest, the only real info of me on it is my picture and thumbprint. i wanted to travel to uk, naive, the travel agent advised me to use the faked info as a way of getting the visa. To cut the story short, i want to change it back to my real name and age . Please. I am a guy...
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by mattyjay(m): 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2018
Hi bro. Please I'd like to make some enquiries about change of data on my passport. I just sent you a PM. THANKS

Kunleoduwole:
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by mattyjay(m): 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2018
Hi. Please is it possible for a Guy to change the total names on the passport. Both first and surname. Have any idea how much this would cost?

stunning4real:
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by mattyjay(m): 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
Largemack:
Help needed. I did my e-passport in 2012 with every data on it faked to be honest, the only real info of me on it is my picture and thumbprint. i wanted to travel to uk, naive, the travel agent advised me to use the faked info as a way of getting the visa. To cut the story short, i want to change it back to my real name and age . Please. I am a guy...

Hi. We're you able to effect the change of name? Im experiencing something similar to yours.
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by Ifeco1122: 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2019
Please how much will rearrangement of name on my international passport cost me? The names are correct but just had issues with first name and middle name please Naira landers please help me
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by nkumestone: 9:46am On Feb 12, 2020
What if someone lost his passport and also it has expired but dont want to change name or date of birth,will the person still go to abuja for that?
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 11:01am On Feb 12, 2020
No! You don't need to go to Abuja for that.

nkumestone:
What if someone lost his passport and also it has expired but dont want to change name or date of birth,will the person still go to abuja for that?
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by steve112: 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2020
All you need to is to report it to nearest immigration office
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by Sonatina: 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2021
Please guys I need help
I did a lost case and name change two weeks ago and also captured same two weeks ago but I captured with same old name.
I'm a bit confused, was I supposed to capture with same old name or with the new name I intend to change to.

Pls I need an advice from anyone who's gone through this before, if this is the process and what's the time frame for collection cos this week week makes it three weeks since I started the process.

Thanks a lot
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by Chifta(f): 2:18am On Aug 12, 2023
What about correction of error in name pls
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by freedomtours(m): 5:58am On Aug 12, 2023
Chifta:
What about correction of error in name pls

You need to get court affidavit of correction of name, with newspaper publication go to NINS for it to be correct in your NINS before you can proceed with your passport application.
Re: What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? by Hatarah(f): 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2023
I Applied for change of data on my passport and I got this, what does it mean?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Libya Returnees Have Gone Back; Accuse FG Of Abandoning Them / Uber Set For Benin City Launch / Fg's Reduction Of British Airways Flights To Nigeria Generates Ripples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.