Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,450 members, 7,801,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) (21724 Views)

Woman Removes Her Top As She Fights Another Lady Publicly In Delta State. Photos / How Robbers Took Advantage Of The Lagos Marathon To Rob Stranded Motorists / Man Loses Teeth In Fight With Neighbour Who Peeped At His Wife In Toilet (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by Blackberrybabes: 6:33am On Jan 27, 2016
There was pandemonium at the Omole bus stop on Oba Ogunnusi Road in the Ojodu area of Lagos State on Tuesday after a traffic warden, Sunday Charles, engaged in fisticuffs with a motorist, identified only as Kingsley.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Kingsley, who was stopped by a team of traffic wardens at the junction, was allesgedly beaten up by Charles for refusing to part with N50.

The motorist lost three front teeth during the brawl.

Our correspondents gathered that Kingsley and some people in the bus manhandled Charles and threatened to drag him to the Ojodu Police Division for the assault on the driver, before some pedestrians advised them against reporting the incident.

One of our correspondents observed that at about 11.30am, Charles, who was with three female officers and four officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, had stopped Kingsley’s vehicle at the junction.

The traffic warden allegedly demanded N50 from the motorist before he could let him go.

It was learnt that trouble, however, started when Kingsley claimed that he had earlier given N50 to the warden, adding that he would not give him another until evening.

Charles, who allegedly insisted on collecting the money, was said to have dragged Kingsley down from the vehicle and punched him in the face, during which the motorist’s three teeth fell off.

It was gathered that Kingsley held the warden and demanded medical treatment. A large crowd was said to have gathered at the scene and tried in vain to separate the warden and the motorist who held each other’s clothes.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, Kingsley said he refused to allow Charles to go because he had injured him.

He said, “I am a commercial driver. The warden stopped me about 8am and I gave him N50. So, I was surprised when he asked me again.

“I was going towards Agidingbi Road when he stopped me. He demanded another N50. I refused, saying he should wait till evening. He dragged me from the bus and started punching him on my face.

“My mouth started bleeding. I realised three of my front teeth had fallen off. So, I grabbed his uniform. People bundled him inside my vehicle and said I should take him to the police station.

“His colleagues and LASTMA officials stood away during the altercation because he did not listen to them. I suspect the warden was drunk because of the way he dragged me from my vehicle.”

A pedestrian, who was a witness, Abiodun Dada, told one of our correspondents that other traffic wardens and LASTMA officials, who were embarrassed by Charles’ action, later calmed down enraged motorists not to protest against the incident.

He said, “It was the warden who first hit the motorist. He punched him on the mouth and yanked out some of his teeth. It was the blood gushing from the driver’s mouth that attracted pedestrians. We later discovered it was an argument over payment of N50.

“If not for the wardens and the LASTMA officials who begged angry motorists, the gathering could have turned violent.”

Another pedestrian, whose shirt was bloodstained as he tried to rescue Kingsley from Charles, said, “As people dragged the warden inside the vehicle, his trousers were torn, and buttons of his shirt also fell off. We wanted to report him at the Ojodu Police Station, and to demand that he should take Kingsley for treatment at a hospital.

“But when we saw that his uniform had torn, we advised Kingley to let him go and leave the matter to God. We suspected that the police could turn the matter against him for tearing the uniform of their officer and neglect his missing teeth.”

Our correspondents learnt that Charles was freed by the motorist at about 12.30pm.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmos, said it was the motorist and his condoctor who assaulted the traffic warden, adding that Charles’ uniform was torn during the attack on him.

She said, “The traffic warden was beaten by a commercial bus driver and his conductor who are still at large. His service uniform was torn to pieces. He was rescued by a team of policemen deployed in the scene. The case will be dealt with decisively.”

http://www.punchng.com/traffic-warden-yanks-out-motorists-teeth-over-n50/

1 Like

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by Blackberrybabes: 6:34am On Jan 27, 2016

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by lomprico(m): 6:57am On Jan 27, 2016
Nigeria!!
The country has become so lawless that obeying the law has become a crime. SMDH!

11 Likes

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by Mrfahaz(m): 6:58am On Jan 27, 2016
so fifty naira is worth his 3 teeth.........grin

13 Likes

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by Michellla(f): 6:59am On Jan 27, 2016
how would he get that teeth fixed back now.permanent gap tooth.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by cruzita(f): 7:40am On Jan 27, 2016
this is what lawlessness has caused .now the man has lost his teeth because of one animal on uniform

4 Likes

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by misspicy(f): 7:56am On Jan 27, 2016
Nigerian law holders,demons from the pit of hell

I see the way they treat citizens and I feel like crying, who will save us from them? cry

RIP to the lost teeth sadsad

8 Likes

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by youngberry001(m): 8:50am On Jan 27, 2016
hahahahahahahaha grin

d first pix dey funny ooh

4 Likes

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by thefakestan: 9:46am On Jan 27, 2016
Badd guy.
Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 27, 2016
The driver fall my hand o angry
What happened to his hands when he was punched?
If he can't fight, at least he should be able to guide
his face against those wicked punches.

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 27, 2016
FRONT TEETH!!!

LORD.

the policeman should be made to pay for dental prosthesis, and psychological trauma

1 Like

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by kelvyn7: 9:47am On Jan 27, 2016
cheesy
heheheheheheehe, SEE AS THE GUY SAMPLE THE TEETH cheesy

MAYBE THE DRIVER WAS FORMING "IF U WANT THE MONEY, COME & COLLECT IT" AND THE POLICE WENT TO COLLECT HIS TEETH grin

9 Likes

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by SegunLagos: 9:48am On Jan 27, 2016
Geez extreme
Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by sharisto(m): 9:48am On Jan 27, 2016
D guy na dentist. ...ooo, teeth removal mood.
Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by cutetopsey(f): 9:48am On Jan 27, 2016
k
Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by ladyF(f): 9:48am On Jan 27, 2016
grin
Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by kennyman2000(m): 9:49am On Jan 27, 2016
Not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 27, 2016
Nigeria Police is part of Nigerian Problems.

May God help us!

1 Like

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by adesegun121(m): 9:49am On Jan 27, 2016
Thank God for ur life....

At least na ur teeth...
Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by kelvstenz: 9:50am On Jan 27, 2016
See his teeth sef
Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 27, 2016
Sickstars well-done
Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by DirtyGold: 9:51am On Jan 27, 2016
The moral of the story is, do not engage uncivilized street people in flimsy squirmishes. The driver's stubborness has costed him his teeth which even 5000 naira cannot replace.

Police brutality, IGP Arase, what's the business?
Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by diasporaman(m): 9:51am On Jan 27, 2016
End time fight. I blame Buhari
Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 27, 2016
lwkm
Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by BUSHHUNTER: 9:52am On Jan 27, 2016
Ah! Person pikin!

1 Like

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by iPopAlomo(m): 9:53am On Jan 27, 2016

The Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmos, said it was
the motorist and his condoctor who assaulted the traffic warden,
adding that Charles’ uniform was torn during the attack on him.
She said, “The traffic warden was beaten by a commercial bus
driver and his conductor who are still at large. His service
uniform was torn to pieces. He was rescued by a team of
policemen deployed in the scene. The case will be dealt with
decisively.”

This statement though...

No one would agree to be the witness... fear of intimidation and all... after God... fear Nigerian Police...

1 Like

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by holluwai(m): 9:53am On Jan 27, 2016
Three tooth abi three teeth.... grin
Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 27, 2016
Imagine the statement from the PRO. She has concluded that the motorist and his conductor were guilty until proven innocent.

These are the kinds of behaviours that fosters corruption. I would rather pay N500 than lose one teeth from a punch to my face.

I am really inclined to say that Nigeria is not very far from hell. If you can survive here, you probably have a good shot at surviving there too.

3 Likes

Re: Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 27, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Chained His Son For 2 Months In Lagos / 23-year-old Student Stabbed To Death In Nasarawa State (Photo) / Palestinian Islamic Jihad Terrorist Admits To Raping Woman During Oct 7 Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.