Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners (36598 Views)

Maope Ogun Of Channels Reply Peoples Criticism Of Her About Martin Onovo / The Next Time Maupe Ogun Of Channels Hears That We Will Interview Onovo (pics) / Response To Channels Sunrisedaily Presenters Taken To The Cleaners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
Dahveydson:
Thankfully I watched it, if not i'd have believed Op.

If shouting, refusing to hear out your interviewers, distorting the words of the president and ministers, giving hilarious facts means taking them to the cleaners then you're right.

Those that didn't watch it, please try and do to judge yourself.

Let me tell you what happened last, He said the ministers appear not to be doing anything that everything was at a standstill, Then they showed him a clip of Fashola inspecting power plants, Right there on live TV, the man twisted what fashola said to suit his narrative.

For those saying ChannelsTV is pro-APC, I can only laugh. Channels neutrality and objectivity have kept them above all other stations in Nigeria for a very long time now.

I also came to the same conclusion, its if NL has a few ppl who lack basic comprehension and are gullible enough to be easily misled by fake headlines and cheap rhetoric.

1 Like

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by coolscott(m): 6:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
They were dealt with even worse when they invited a pro APC lawyer after the public got wind of the proposed social media bill.

It was so bad. He said he supported candidate Buhari and that he was still a fan of president Buhari then he went on to continue the thrashing.
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by ngoziama: 6:57pm On Jan 27, 2016
HEIR:
They fared better when their ceo mr momodu was in the opposition during gej's government. I just hope partisanship wouldn't kill the station. Its just so obvious these days.

Channels is already dead.i don't watch it anymore.pro government whether good or bad.i dont know how they keep getting awards with the lies.
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by Trendishine: 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
PNomsule:

Mr, what are u even saying? Poor punctuation, makes ur work appear very tattered like a garage tout would and your misspelt words gave u out for a not too smart individual. U can't be taken seriously anyway. #peace
lol, fustrated weasels like u are one of the major reason i shake my head for u n ur ilks. u should open a punctuation n spellcheck university in ur village, it wld help drive ur stewpidity very clearly n send all ur kinsmen back 2 d abyss of medieval barbarism n tounge 2 mouth crooking communication of the stone age, similar to the d character of 'the bushman' in the 'gods must be crazy', wit u being d mangrove leader. wen u have notin tangible 2 express in the face of a post, u lay ur leprous fingers on ur helpless phone 2 spew trash finkin uv been noticed or hv even passed a tangible point. u shld even read ur quote again n see if u are in any position 2 engage in a discussion or even be part of a decent dailouge. That post must have depicted a clear imagery of ur type, that u hv no other option than 2 study spellcheck n punctuations when u ma no know ur left from ur right in english..leaving the underling argument only 2 attempt manoeuvring discussions 2 expose ur inane folly. abeg dude swerve. i chose 2 type dat way, my attempt is 2 clearify ur type n troubleshoot ur poor mentality. Not 2 open punctuation skul, kid. if e pain u go tell jamb. i wld train u in english language, or better still, u open ur examination board 4 language scrutiny, olodo. wyl ur mates are engaging in discussions dat affects ur very own ass. mumu. pls swerve 4 the second time. ur types are getting boring around here.

1 Like

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by bishop4life(m): 9:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
Trunaijian:
I beg to differ. Mr Onovo was blind to reason, diplomacy and courtesy. He was blatantly arrogant, un accommodating and obviously an enemy of the present administration. He is a wailer. Yes he is. It was obvious. He is not worthy of any commendation whatsoever because he lacks true grit in leadership. No wonder today was my first day of hearing or seeing him. He is irrelevant.

With due respect sir, you're entitled to your opinion. But your last statement is contradictory to the first. I bet you didn't hear him like you claimed!
If you did, how can you say he is blind to reason without pointing your reason?
I know you like the apc but must you give him all those names for no reason?
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by bishop4life(m): 10:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
Dahveydson:

If shouting, refusing to hear out your interviewers, distorting the words of the president and ministers, giving hilarious facts means taking them to the cleaners then you're right.

Let me tell you what happened last, He said the ministers appear not to be doing anything that everything was at a standstill, Then they showed him a clip of Fashola inspecting power plants, Right there on live TV, the man twisted what fashola said to suit his narrative.

For those saying ChannelsTV is pro-APC, I can only laugh. Channels neutrality and objectivity have kept them above all other stations in Nigeria for a very long time now.

What happened last was that he paraphrased what the minister of power said while inspecting the power plant which the interviewers argued. That was what led to the scene being replayed. So stop misleading others.
Channels has been good and unbiased but that wouldn't mean you should close one eye while watching them.

ItsMeAboki:

I also came to the same conclusion, its if NL has a few ppl who lack basic comprehension and are gullible enough to be easily misled by fake headlines and cheap rhetoric.

Please can you tell us what you were able to comprehend from the scene?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by titosantana(m): 11:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
I didn't watch it live. I only did when I saw this topic, and I had to watch it over and over again on youtube.

This is however what I deduced from the interview :-
1) Mr. Onovo is an Agbero
2) Mr. Onovo has a wax in his ear
3) Mr. Onovo is impatient
4) Mr. Onovo is loud-mouthed
5) Mr. Onovo has a strong Igbotic accent (that's part of one's identity anyway)
6) Chamberlin was professional and he kept his head cool. He's questions were unbias and impeccable.
7) Sulaimon was mature, calm and observant

8.) Maupe's questions too were impeccable but she got emotional (I'm sure she was wondering how could a former presidential candidate be this obstinate and razz?)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by PNomsule: 11:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Trendishine:
lol, fustrated weasels like u are one of the major reason i shake my head for u n ur ilks. u should open a punctuation n spellcheck university in ur village, it wld help drive ur stewpidity very clearly n send all ur kinsmen back 2 d abyss of medieval barbarism n tounge 2 mouth crooking communication of the stone age, similar to the d character of 'the bushman' in the 'gods must be crazy', wit u being d mangrove leader. wen u have notin tangible 2 express in the face of a post, u lay ur leprous fingers on ur helpless phone 2 spew trash finkin uv been noticed or hv even passed a tangible point. u shld even read ur quote again n see if u are in any position 2 engage in a discussion or even be part of a decent dailouge. That post must have depicted a clear imagery of ur type, that u hv no other option than 2 study spellcheck n punctuations when u ma no know ur left from ur right in english..leaving the underling argument only 2 attempt manoeuvring discussions 2 expose ur inane folly. abeg dude swerve. i chose 2 type dat way, my attempt is 2 clearify ur type n troubleshoot ur poor mentality. Not 2 open punctuation skul, kid. if e pain u go tell jamb. i wld train u in english language, or better still, u open ur examination board 4 language scrutiny, olodo. wyl ur mates are engaging in discussions dat affects ur very own ass. mumu. pls swerve 4 the second time. ur types are getting boring around here.

"I chose to type that way"...bla bla bullocks! You must be very unintelligent to ever reason in that rather unfortunate way. It's even worse because you and I know too well that you never typed that deliberately, you aren't just smart yet very crude. What a terrible attempt to excuse ones wantoness for god sake.
Prove me wrong and type one proper sentence with appropriate punctuation and correct word spellings....Mr and I can consider to engage you effing blo*dy dimwitted garage tout reject. #peace
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by Trendishine: 12:52am On Jan 28, 2016
PNomsule:

"I chose to type that way"...bla bla bullocks! You must be very unintelligent to ever reason in that rather unfortunate way. It's even worse because you and I know too well that you never typed that deliberately, you aren't just smart yet very crude. What a terrible attempt to excuse ones wantoness for god sake.
Prove me wrong and type one proper sentence with appropriate punctuation and correct word spellings....Mr and I can consider to engage you effing blo*dy dimwitted garage tout reject. #peace
lol. its so obvious now that u are such a complete slow anal poke.its unfortunate for u though.. the sentence uv typed with * n #hashtags is ur correct 'effing' ryt? cheesy.. drolling ediot.. u ar a complete fool. wat nimrod...anyway, it comes wif ur pathetic types, ever so foolhardy. wandering away far in their wallowing ignorance...ur mumu(stewpidity) is factory fitted..gutter loo...uv even lost touch wif reality.if i asks u 2 remind urself of the topic that drew u into ur banter now, u wld simply collapse trying 2 recollect...uv even lost touch of the topic n argument. dimwited ragtag reject of a plebian weasel...swerve boy, swerve. go meet mama 2 wash ur stench ridden anus, n ur drolling mouf, u smell again..shuu. wtf is wrong wif this child. is quoting me ur oxygen 2 survive? if it is, keep qouting boy, keep qouting. i wldnt wanna have u gasping 4 breath. pnomsule smart piss..the senile truant.
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by PNomsule: 6:25am On Jan 28, 2016
Trendishine:
lol. its so obvious now that u are such a complete slow anal poke.its unfortunate for u though.. the sentence uv typed with * n #hashtags is ur correct 'effing' ryt? cheesy.. drolling ediot.. u ar a complete fool. wat nimrod...anyway, it comes wif ur pathetic types, ever so foolhardy. wandering away far in their wallowing ignorance...ur mumu(stewpidity) is factory fitted..gutter loo...uv even lost touch wif reality.if i asks u 2 remind urself of the topic that drew u into ur banter now, u wld simply collapse trying 2 recollect...uv even lost touch of the topic n argument. dimwited ragtag reject of a plebian weasel...swerve boy, swerve. go meet mama 2 wash ur stench ridden anus, n ur drolling mouf, u smell again..shuu. wtf is wrong wif this child. is quoting me ur oxygen 2 survive? if it is, keep qouting boy, keep qouting. i wldnt wanna have u gasping 4 breath. pnomsule smart piss..the senile truant.

This is too bad for my generation, damn! One proper sentence...just one, silly garage scallywag.
Mind you, it will take you an eon to ever fault me, since it appears you want to go that route yourself as you just are simply daft to know and it griefs my heart, cos you are not oblivious that you are ignorant blo*dy ragamuffin. #peace
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by monex(m): 7:16am On Jan 28, 2016
ogmaskman:

My brother they do oooo. One of the reasons why NTA and AIT have not won best tv station for a while is because of their partisanship. Channels is professional.

thats interesting. maybe cos of the few shows i watched. I generalised about them. That said I still prefer them to AIT.

NTA will always dance to the tune of the government in power.

1 Like

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by IkpuMmadu: 8:48am On Jan 28, 2016
titosantana:
I didn't watch it live. I only did when I saw this topic, and I had to watch it over and over again on youtube.

6) Chamberlin was professional and he kept his head cool. He's questions were unbias and impeccable.

8.) Maupe's questions too were impeccable but she got emotional (I'm sure she was wondering how could a former presidential candidate be this obstinate and razz?)

And from what you have written

I deduce that you lack the Capacity and capability to say the facts

2 Likes

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by IkpuMmadu: 8:49am On Jan 28, 2016
bishop4life:

With due respect sir, you're entitled to your opinion. But your last statement is contradictory to the first. I bet you didn't hear him like you claimed!
If you did, how can you say he is blind to reason without pointing your reason?
I know you like the apc but must you give him all those names for no reason?

Because he dont reason
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by titosantana(m): 11:32am On Jan 28, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

We can simply say you have a comprehension problem then tongue
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by bishop4life(m): 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dahveydson:

IkpuMmadu:

Because he dont reason

IkpuMmadu:

Honestly your comments contradicts each other.
I see you are only having fun.
cheesy cheesy grin grin

Enjoy
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by Trendishine: 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2016
PNomsule:

This is too bad for my generation, damn! One proper sentence...just one, silly garage scallywag.
Mind you, it will take you an eon to ever fault me, since it appears you want to go that route yourself as you just are simply daft to know and it griefs my heart, cos you are not oblivious that you are ignorant blo*dy ragamuffin. #peace
u ar a shame 2 ur very generation, with ur mental caliberation. its better u swerve. ur type open threads like this. not sure u even remember the topic u'r foaming on. u must be pained. spewing trash n blabbing poo cannot take away the flashlight on ur misdeamenor. focus boy, uv lost it. open another poo n start again. analpoke.
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by tomdon(m): 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
emecheboy2:

My dear every presenter or anchor of any programme in mainstream media is an extension of media house political affiliations. for example CNN is support the democratic party and US policies abroad even if the American policy is causing deaths and war elsewhere in the world (e.g Syria crisis, Libya etc)and giving them humanitarian relief and refugee status as an excuse. Also is Foxnews supporting Republicans and so many media houses around the world. Channels TV has been pretending for too long but this one just came in as a big punch. more revelations about their partisanship will come up if the economy continues to move south except they don't invite sound minds again to there programmes.

you're wrong.
PDP keeps inviting channels TV to cover their live programs and pay them heavy money for it.
I wonder if PDP is unaware that channels is an APC TV channel as you portend.
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by lastpage: 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
I have listened carefully to the three episodes of the recording and my conclusions are these:

These Martin Onovo of a man, is just a LEARNER, with Capital "L".

*He is so "touchy" that he starts attacking the Presenters, on minor things.
E.g, he defined the Budget and when that same definition was used in a question directed at him, he attacked Maupe!
When he was asked to substantiate his claim (that CBN said the Economic policies of the Govt was damaging the economy) by stating the Date/place/Person/Environment in CBN who made that statement, he could not substantiate it but chose to attack Maupe again!
When he could not substantiate his claim (and he was then forced to admit his error or untruthfulness), he then tried to defend it, by claiming that he was only "para-phrasing" what he heard (i.e. l did not hear the CBN say so, but l think "that is what l understood" was said!
Obviously, this man cannot be trusted to own up to what ever he says.

*When asked what he would do better in the Budget, if in Govt, he said "The number of Cars in the convoy "of some Governors" was insane.
When reminded that the Budget under discussion was for the federal Govt ....(since states also have their own Budget and the Fed Govt does not control how they spend their Budget on cars) ...and he should tell us how many cars are in the President's convoy, he became not only evasive but also started attacking Suleiman and Maupe, by being cheeky on both. He failed on that one again.
The truth which l think he also knew, is that the current President does not entertain such long convoys but mr. martin Onovo of the NCp is not honest enough to admit to that fact, he would rather smare an innocent person with lies

Lastpage!

Contd below

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by lastpage: 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
*He criticised the Buhari govt for borrowing 30% of the Budgetted funds, while having a budget of 40% CAPITAL EXPENDITURE and 30% recurrent budget.
What Onovo fails to understand that "spending on Capita infrastructure" like Power, Road, Housing, e.t.c, has tremendous "knock-on effects" on virtually all sectors of the economy, from generating employment, to Transportation, to cost of produce, to entrepreneurship, e.t.c

*When asked what he would have done "differently" to raise Money to fund the Budget and things he promised to do, if he elected as the president, he again went on a tangential-rant and started using foul language on the Govt, calling it "visionless" even when he himself could not pin-point somewhere different apart from dwindling oil prices, he would have got money from!

*When Mr.Onovo went on and on about how Crude Oil was $147/Barrel in 2013 and Nigeria never built a single major Road or new Airport (while not mentioning that it was not this current Govt that was in power back then.... but blaming it for such mismanagement), Maupe now asked him if that was not why people voted for a new Government of "Change"?
As usual, he went on another rant again, saying "he (Onovo) voted... but "we" did not really vote"!
He came off as someone who is trying too hard to appear genuine or to be able to do anything different/better while all he is good at doing, from my own opinion, is just criticising like one of those "arm-chair" critics who offer no better alternative!

*When he talked and criticised election malpractices during the elections, he was asked why he did not go to court to challenge those malpractices but in his usual "arrogant and self-eulogizing style", he berated the court systems and cited instances of situations where Justice was mis-carried but immediately he was cornered, by being shown that his statements implies he does not believe in the Judiciary, the "Chameleon" did a volte-face, saying he did not mean "he did not believe in the Judiciary"!
This man is not only untrustworthy as he flip-flops at will, but l think he would make an even worse President than Jonathan and Buhari.

Lastpage!

Contd below
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by lastpage: 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
*When asked if nothing was 'good' at all about the budget, especially the "Social Empowering aspects" of the Budget, he veered-off into some "grammar" (philosophy, direction, bla-bla-bla) without even saying anything meaningful and Chamberlain had to bring him back on track by reminding him of what he was actually trying to speak about! grin
Guy is a confused amateur at Governance, believe me. He has no concrete facts or line of action for the post he was applying for.

*The final one that made me conclude that the guy is just blowing "hot air" and lacks substance is when he was asked by Chamberlain:
What "fiscal policies" would you put in place, if you were President, to move the economy forward?
The guy digressed from the question and as usual, went on a tangential rant, saying he wont talk about "fiscal policies" but about about "philosophies" ...and am like he does not even have a clue about "finance and banking policies", yet he wants to be President and sits on ChannelsTV arm-chair, "yarnning Opata"?......yet our Brothers here are praising him for being "confrontational, aggressive and belittling" towards Presenters (Maupe and Suleiman) who by themselves, are not "experts" on the economy but just have a fair knowledge of "everything", being TV presenters!

*Over and over again, Mr. Martin Onovo makes statements that are not true, he makes insinuations taht are patently false, even to the point that the presenters were thinking of replaying Tapes on virtually every statement he makes because the man is at best, a "cunning manipulator of words" and or in the worst case, an "outright liar and pained but very noisy election looser'.

He is an example of an "arm-chair critic" that should never go near the real office, ...in real life.
I feel sorry for that party that made/would make him their Presidential candidate, in the past and future elections, he has just destroyed any respect or alliance any intelligent person would have for that party. NCP can do better.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by lastpage: 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
titosantana:

Dahveydson:

I just saw these posts NOW, after l have written my own opinion and l think you guys are spot-on.

That Mr. Onovo still has a very long way to go.
If he manages a business, l would like to hear the opinion of his workers/subordinates, about him, in confidence! grin grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by ifediorc: 1:09pm On May 04, 2016
@titosantana, I think your not being very professional and also your very rude and lack every form of decency...your probably an APC change of lies.
To everyone that has made several negative remarks about this onovo of a man, with all due respect, am not being biased.. I have watched this same video a countless no of times via YouTube to see if I can find faults in every comments Onovo made and with all sincerity Onovo was very articulate and smart in all his response..
I don't know why most people are so untruthful wen they decide to leave their comments..
How can we deliberately continue to do the wrong things and expect the right results...
Onovo was so outstanding and maupe, suleiman were so unprofessional...

1 Like

Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by josite: 6:42pm On Sep 05, 2016
unlawfulact:
The interview went the other way round. They try to ridicule the man but instead maupe and sulaiman were belitle. Both of them were so embittered to the extent that they took the interview so personal. Suleiman was even ascribing the man dissapointment to the defeat he suffered in d last election.
v
why should an interviewer attempts to ridicule the very guest who honored their invitation?.
Re: Martin Onovo On Sunrisedailynow: Presenters Taken To The Cleaners by MrCork: 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
QueenEdna:
That Maupe is too forward and unprofessional. Glad she was put in her place today.

..are u lightskin? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Kemen's Girlfriend & And Supposed Wife Surface Online / BBNaija: Mercy "My Father's Tenant Was My First Boyfriend" / Gulder Ultimate Search 12: Contestants Fight, Trade Insults In The Jungle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.