Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? (47610 Views)

PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education / Kenneth Okwor, 24-Year-Old 1st Class Law Graduate Who Is Already A Lecturer / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by kamsypaul(f): 2:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
go to him and explain your self to him that will help don't conclude yet
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by lxyrul: 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
tolexy007:
I see the hand of your Village plpp in this, their network must be very strong angry angry angry

They don upgrade from 4G lite to 5G network
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by oc2fish: 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
busomma:
How come nobody is saying anything to help this young man? The uncultured teacher was wrong to have been receiving call during lectures & then punishing this guy without hearing him out.
I think u should go & meet him & explain ur rwason for standing up but don't think he'll listen to u right away . He must do the Nigerian thing ie throwing his power around so u can feel it. Massage his ego by bringing fellow teacher to help u out. U need u r education to move ahead in life so don't let one ego drunk teacher stunt ugrowth. Good luck.

It is wrong for you to use crude word on your lecturer. The young allow the lecturer to go this far by:
1. Not apologizing for distracting the class.
2. Working away when told to live as if the lecturer does not matter.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by ChelseaDotCom: 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
Many of our lecturers always want to intimidate the students. Trust me, those that behave this way to student are not expose and never travelled beyond Nigeria to know how things are done elsewhere. Brother, you'll have to endure such character till you leave the school. Pele.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Endtimesmith(m): 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
Are you sure that this your story is TRUE?
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by viktor01(m): 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
Some guys too dey front too, maybe op was rude but would not say so.

MODIFIED:

Go join cult and pay him a visit.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by funnyworld(f): 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
Kindly pay him a visit in his office and settle the score you both have before he frustrates your academic career.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by deadie(m): 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
oc2fish:
[/color]
It is wrong for you to use crude word on your lecturer. The young allow the lecturer to go this far by:
1. Not apologizing for distracting the class.
2. Working away when told to live as if the lecturer does not matter.

Angeldepedro:
This is not primary school, why did you have to stand up to collect the biro you already gave to your friend, it's not like the lecturer can send you out for not writing, you should have just followed the lecture by heart and complete your note afterwards, i know it's your biro, but once you retrieve it, your friend would be left with nothing to write with also, he didn't use force to collect it from you after all. That's a great lesson for you that sometimes you put others first,especially your friends. Go and prostrate yourself and apologise to the the lecturer, I know his type, he just needs someone to stroke his ego for him.
oc2fish:
[color=#990000]

It takes a focus mind to learn. Africans follow respect values. Tendering a good apology with humor is the answer for such situation. Putting on i dont care attitude increase the level of punishment the lecturer would have given.

I really cannot believe what I am reading here and the mentality of Nigerians. FYI, I did my bachelors in Nigeria and studied further abroad. Are there any rules and regulations that says students cannot move during a lecture? Was such made available to students? He damn has the right to move to get writing materials or even leave the lecture if he so desires, and the m0ron of a lecturer has no right to ban him from the class. It is crazy to fault the young man.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by BABANGBALI: 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
OP una no get hard guys for una school to discipline the hediot?na because of dis kind yeye lecturer guys dey join cult group in school
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by frisky2good(m): 2:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
He asked for your name and matric number and you gave him? That's not a good thing. Now that you have given him you need to beg him for forgiveness.

pesty100:
I was in afternoon class yesterday when my biro stopped working, so i decided to go and collect the biro I gave to my friend before the lecture. I stood up and went to the where my friend was sitting meanwhile the lecturer was in at the back of the class receiving call. I thought to my self that I would collect the biro and explain the reason for my standing up to him but before I could do that; he called me and asked me the reason I stood up, I explained to him and he said I should get out of his class. Before I could reach the door he asked me to come back and give him my name and matric no; which I did, then he sent me outside and said I should never come for any of his other lectures or test. He conducted a test for us that same evening which true to his instructions I didn't come for. He would have said I shouldn't come for exams if not for the fact that the course is being taken by two lecturers so he only has 50% on grading us.

So does the punishment fits my crime?

And what steps can I take so that this man won't bully me.

am nt a girl.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by chxe: 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
I trust myself to give him fake name and fake matrices number... Thunder fire satan...

1 Like

Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by BABANGBALI: 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
deadie:

I really cannot believe what I am reading here and the mentality of Nigerians. FYI, I did my bachelors in Nigeria and studied further abroad. Are there any rules and regulations that states that students cannot move during a lecture? Was such made available to students? He damn has the right to move to get writing materials or even leave the lecture if he so desires, and the m0ron of a lecturer has no right to ban him from the class.
wa gbayi my man. God bless you and your entire generation

1 Like

Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
deadie:

I really cannot believe what I am reading here and the mentality of Nigerians. FYI, I did my bachelors in Nigeria and studied further abroad. Are there any rules and regulations that says students cannot move during a lecture? Was such made available to students? He damn has the right to move to get writing materials or even leave the lecture if he so desires, and the m0ron of a lecturer has no right to ban him from the class. It is crazy to fault the young man.
well, you don't know how far Nigerian lectures can go, just to prove they are in charge
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by mamawin(f): 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
tabisegroup:
Withdrawing from that school could be cool idea
Haba!!! A Yoruba adage translates cutting off d head ain't d solution for an headache. See one or two other lecturers and ask for their help. and prayyy
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by oc2fish: 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
ChelseaDotCom:
Many of our lecturers always want to intimidate the students. Trust me, those that behave this way to student are not expose and never travelled beyond Nigeria to know how things are done elsewhere. Brother, you'll have to endure such character till you leave the school. Pele.

Abroad student respect their lecturer

Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by ruggish10: 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2016
The lecturer is not just exposed. He should not be lecturing, jeeez.

pesty100:
I was in afternoon class yesterday when my biro stopped working, so i decided to go and collect the biro I gave to my friend before the lecture. I stood up and went to the where my friend was sitting meanwhile the lecturer was in at the back of the class receiving call. I thought to my self that I would collect the biro and explain the reason for my standing up to him but before I could do that; he called me and asked me the reason I stood up, I explained to him and he said I should get out of his class. Before I could reach the door he asked me to come back and give him my name and matric no; which I did, then he sent me outside and said I should never come for any of his other lectures or test. He conducted a test for us that same evening which true to his instructions I didn't come for. He would have said I shouldn't come for exams if not for the fact that the course is being taken by two lecturers so he only has 50% on grading us.

am nt a girl.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by cyprex: 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2016
We just heard your own side of the story.
Nobody knows how you have previously behaved in the lecturers class.
Nobody knows how rowdy your class has been during previous lecture sessions with this lecturer.
Nobody know whether or not the lecturer has warned your class to maintain decorum earlier.

It is difficult for a lecturer to mate out such punishment for such common-place misfeasance.

NB: it is part of formative process to own up and accept responsibility but most young men are usually quick to put the blame on the next person.

1 Like

Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by hez11js: 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
[quote author=pesty100 post=42369913]I was in afternoon class yesterday when my biro stopped working, so i decided to go and collect the biro I gave to my friend before the lecture. I stood up and went to the where my friend was sitting meanwhile the lecturer was in at the back of the class receiving call. I thought to my self that I would collect the biro and explain the reason for my standing up to him but before I could do that; he called me and asked me the reason I stood up, I explained to him and he said I should get out of his class. Before I could reach the door he asked me to come back and give him my name and matric no; which I did, then he sent me outside and said I should never come for any of his other lectures or test. He conducted a test for us that same evening which true to his instructions I didn't come for. He would have said I shouldn't come for exams if not for the fact that the course is being taken by two lecturers so he only has 50% on grading us.

am nt a girl.[/quote) exam hall or lecture hall? What level are you?
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by ceononi: 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
pesty100:

am nt a girl.
For God's sake he has no right to tell u not to attend his classes, try and get high authorities of the school involved, if this does not work then get a lawyer and then he should produce the school code conduct where his actions are based on.....I mean I just don't understand why lecturers in this part of the world will be acting as God
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by BlueMagic2(m): 2:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
Place a Nigerian in any position of authority or little power and they think they are GOD. From Pastors, lecturers, employers even your gate man. SMH
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by MaxyBrown(m): 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
It should be a pen not Biro. Biro is only a brand of pen.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Socketbet: 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
I think he hates the word biro he expected you to say pen instead
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by deadie(m): 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
cyprex:
We just heard your own side of the story.
Nobody knows how you have previously behaved in the lecturers class.
Nobody knows how rowdy your class has been during previous lecture sessions with this lecturer.
Nobody know whether or not the lecturer has warned your class to maintain decorum earlier.

It is difficult for a lecturer to mate out such punishment for such common-place misfeasance.

NB: it is part of formative process to own up and accept responsibility but most young men are usually quick to put the blame on the next person.

*Mete

No matter the "crime", he has no right to ban the student and prevent him from writing a test. As I earlier wrote, is there a guideline as to what a student may not do in class? Otherwise, there is no basis for the punishment. You cannot prevent a student from writing a test because you are angry at him. FYI, I conduct practical sessions with students.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by deadie(m): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
ceononi:
For God's sake he has no right to tell u not to attend his classes, try and get high authorities of the school involved, if this does not work then get a lawyer and then he should produce the school code conduct where his actions are based on.....I mean I just don't understand why lecturers in this part of the world will be acting as God

I completely agree with you. Almost seems like sane minds are rare here.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
Locate any Living Faith Church Worldwide (Winners Chapel) close to you join us this evening and see the God of Winners at work. Time is 5pm be there from start I bet you by tomorrow you'll be called by him. God Bless you

1 Like

Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by orgy: 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
I had same e peri encephalitis while in s hoop 11 hrs ago.
So fay you have paid ur tuition and other shcool fees, the lecturer has right to ban u from attending his class or writing his tests. There is no law or school rules that mandate every student to be glued to his seat during Lecures..... In fact, never miss any of the lecturers' lectures or tests and ensure u have proof of at tendency or writing test.
Report official to the Hod immediately if u r physically prevent ted from writing any test or attending any lecture
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by rman: 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
oc2fish:
[color=#990000][/color]

It takes a focus mind to learn. Africans follow respect values. Tendering a good apology with humor is the answer for such situation. Putting on i dont care attitude increase the level of punishment the lecturer would have given.

Were u there?

The lecturer is willing to throw the baby away with the bath water.

The lecturer was on the phone when he stood up. Students are not zombies, he just wanted to retrieve his pen.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by deadie(m): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
livhorgng:
Locate any Living Faith Church Worldwide (Winners Chapel) close to you join us this evening and see the God of Winners at work. Time is 5pm be there from start I bet you by tomorrow you'll be called by him. God Bless you

Get the hell out. Does this look like a religious thread?
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by juliuscarter(m): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
I think the lecturer have u in mind before... check very well is like uve done something bad to him before.
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by Dom2020: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
Since u've already given him ur name and matric no. all u need to do is to give him about a week or so, then try and locate his office, then u go see him and plead with him. Am sure he will give u another chance
Re: Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? by donem: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
@op from your narration you did no wrong, u said the lecturer was o a call behind, how did he expected you to take permission?

All this small lecturers that do act God in class, I can bet that lecturer ain't a PhD holder, or if he is he is a rookie.

The highest a snr Dr did during my days was to order me to get out of his class, after I came 25mins late, entered d venue without complimenting him.

Backa days, If u frustrate my acada, I frustrate you in street. After all my friends where not calling me strong man for nothing.

One lecturer2 that once embarrassed me in exam Hall for keeping full beards, I made it very clear to him that he had no right to interface in my private life.

His fellow lecturers diffused the tension, we later became very good friends, he thought he could run me down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Professor Sexually Harassed A Male Student At New York University / Poor State Of UNN Boys' Hostel (Disturbing Photos) / See What They Did To A Graduating Student Of UNIBEN Today(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.