Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

27th January 2002 (pic) A Day To Remember(ikeja Cantonment Bomb Blast 2002) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 27th January 2002 (pic) A Day To Remember(ikeja Cantonment Bomb Blast 2002) (1347 Views)

Lolz! See Funny Pic A Twitter User Posted / (pic) A Weird Agama Lizard.... / Pic: A Friend Of Mine Posted A Pictute Of Herself Smoking And She Is A Minor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

27th January 2002 (pic) A Day To Remember(ikeja Cantonment Bomb Blast 2002) by Oghumu1(m): 12:29pm On Jan 27, 2016
I greet you all in NL! I'm going to share my experience of the bomb blast that took place on 27th January 2002.
Today making it 14years since the bomb blast took place in the Nigerian Army Cantonment Ikeja on January 27th 2002. Looking back at it, was like it happened yesterday but I give glory to God for keeping us alive till now.
It happened on a Sunday noon, after we returned from church around 2:00-3:00pm, my Dad returned from a foreign mission on Friday night and the things he brought along with the money they gave him was in his room, and our house was located next to the cantonment secondary school where the incident started from. We were hearing strange sound that afternoon when my elder Bro came from the school library said that the gateman was the one burning dirts and nothing else was happening in there.
Suddenly we heard a very loud noise, when we rushewd outside the school building had collapsed, immediately the sound increased nonstop and ashes filled the air and smoke. We all rushed out trying to run but my Dad ran inside to get his bag of money , suddenly we heard a sound inside our house and it threw my dad outside and he left the money and ran for his life. Before I knew what was happening my family had scattered and I was the last born, immediately I joined them in the race and happily I found my Bro and joined him. The sound increased and everybody were running for safety, we got to a particular place and we started hearning Cotonou and we thought they were calling Ikorodu, so we entered and landed in Cotonou but an Alpha (Islamic teacher) approached us and we explained to him, he helped us with where to pass the night and transported us back till I saw my Dad but he refused to meet with him and said “don’t worry, just go!” I turned back but he had left. My sister joined us too and said she fell in a canal but someone brought her out and helped her but she couldn’t recognize him because she was in pain, the man put her in a bus that brought her back. My eldest sister got inured in her leg while running, she heard a voice that asked her to stop running, immediately she stopped the bomb hit the person in front of her and the pieces hit her on her leg. We actually met eachother the Monday morning in front of the barracks. Its a day to remember and to be grateful for the gift of life.
Things became difficult for us, we had nothing to eat, wear or place to sleep. Only for them to ask everyone to give account of what was lost that they will help but we got nothing from them as compensation but instead they started telling us stories. But right now we all are testimonies.
I feel sorry for those involved in the insurgency going on in the northern Nigeria, please let's pray for them. Here's a pic of our house in the barracks my dad took after the incident.

Re: 27th January 2002 (pic) A Day To Remember(ikeja Cantonment Bomb Blast 2002) by vicadex07(m): 12:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
This thread is front page worthy.
cc: Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Lagos At 50 - Celebrating The City Of Lagos State And The Ambode Administration. / Money Or Children? / Please Which State Is This Guy From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.