Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,932 members, 7,803,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! (17187 Views)

Learn How To Make Soap And Other Household Products In 1 Day / I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) / How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by iHart(m): 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
Op you are really trying but that video is nothing to write home about. A little bit of suggestion:
1. List out your chemicals, apparatus and explain what each one does. Try and find there correct names(brand name and real chemical name)... What do you mean by "a chemical called rice, nitozon, soda hash"? Or better still learn the correct pronunciation. No insult intended.
2. Show your MEASURED out chemicals for a particular batch size. What do you mean that your instinct will tell you when you have added the right quantity of water?
3. Explain the sequence you will use to mix your chemicals and why you used such sequence if necessary.
4. Mix your chemicals and make the liquid soap.

If you follow this method you will have a good video.

Note that I capitalised "MEASURED" because in manufacturing, there is what we call quality and product consistency. Having a standard measurement of all your chemicals will make you to be able to reproduce you product with little or no compromise to quality.

I will want you to produce a better video next time, please.

4 Likes

Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by Hybrid01: 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2016
In my production I made a mistake somewhere. The liquid soap became hot and it formed colloids. I had to pour it away
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by myvision(m): 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2016
Hybrid01:
In my production I made a mistake somewhere. The liquid soap became hot and it formed colloids. I had to pour it away
Am sorry, about that.
Honestly, am happy because it happened to me my first time too.
The reason was because you did not have enough water.

However, I will like to know how you did it. Can you please, explain the process you followed paying close detail to the quantity of water you used at each point?

You are already better; because you tried.
Congratulations!

I shall be waiting your response.

1 Like

Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by Hybrid01: 10:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
myvision:

Am sorry, about that.
Honestly, am happy because it happened to me my first time too.
The reason was because you did not have enough water.

However, I will like to know how you did it. Can you please, explain the process you followed paying close detail to the quantity of water you used at each point?

You are already better; because you tried.
Congratulations!

I shall be waiting your response.

The water was kinda much.
I did sulphonic + texapon + water
Caustic soda + natrosol
First reaction into second one.
I mixed them well then poured them in soda ash
I poured STPP in 4th reaction. Added perfume and colouring.
I first did a small one which mixed well(only that it was not foaming well). The second one was the one that messed up
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by iHart(m): 2:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
Get a formulation, follow a procedure and stop making guess work. If you keep making guesses, you will end up,
1. Having poor quality products.
2. Products that are not consistent in quality.
3. And waste of raw material and money.

Google the formulation for liquid soap or better still buy one of these e-books flying around on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
@op, myvision, you are giving an inaccurate information to the public. First you have make someone to waste time and money producing and pouring it away.

Secondly, to make a good quality soup you must have an accurate measurement for each chemical... Methods depend on personal skill but a good method/procedures is what give you the product after reaction.. As a chemist, you should know that accurate quantity/processing gives you accurate reactant.

NOTE: I am not trying to discourage you or making an insult. I love you passion and keep it up, but try to make it accurate.

Measuring tools or apparatus, let use milk cup

Eg. Caustic soda........................1 peak milk cup
Soda ash.....................½ milk cup
STTP..................... 2 teaspoon

Etc
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by myvision(m): 8:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
Lucwaizy:
@op, myvision, you are giving an inaccurate information to the public. First you have make someone to waste time and money producing and pouring it away.

Secondly, to make a good quality soup you must have an accurate measurement for each chemical... Methods depend on personal skill but a good method/procedures is what give you the product after reaction.. As a chemist, you should know that accurate quantity/processing gives you accurate reactant.

NOTE: I am not trying to discourage you or making an insult. I love you passion and keep it up, but try to make it accurate.

Etc
Thank you for you contribution.
But you saying I gave out an inaccurate information is an insult.

And I will appreciate if you can ascertain your claims before you start insulting a brother.

I don't see where have given out wrong information. Was I the one who gave him the procedure he followed or the measurement he used?

It would have been awesome if you have just suggested your own measurement or better still you ask me to post my measurements.

If you have criticised my method or measurements; it would have been a different case.

Lastly, I don't preach what I don't practice. What ever I teach; it is what I practised.

Anyway, thanks for contributing to this thread but I wish you could correct your comments.

Thanks
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by Hybrid01: 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
Lucwaizy:

Etc
The op kinda gave the measurement for 25litres of water on that website of his. Maybe you should check it out.
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by myvision(m): 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hybrid01:

Yea. Thanks. I actually learnt that from a church programme. I had done it before seeing your method which I saw just yesterday.
By the way I want to start a small chemical company which I can grow into a large one and I have a few things in mind-production of soap;yoghurt;deodorants and cosmetics. But most of the large chemical companies I see now don't do all those together. And I don't know if my future company will be able to compete with the already existing large companies. Maybe you could advice me someway. And can you give me your number so we could chat on whatsapp? Or bbm
Can you imagine! This my brother did not even learn from this thread and someone is already rubbishing someone's effort.

Thanks for coming out straight.
You just saved my ass. Lol
As for my number; it's always on my blog.

Thanks once again bro
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by myvision(m): 8:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
U
Hybrid01:

The op kinda gave the measurement for 25litres of water on that website of his. Maybe you should check it out.
Thanks
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by Hybrid01: 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
myvision:
U
Thanks
I still didn't get your number from that site. Where can I really check from? Why don't you want to post it here. Or BBM pin
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by myvision(m): 8:46am On Apr 15, 2016
Hybrid01:

I still didn't get your number from that site. Where can I really check from? Why don't you want to post it here. Or BBM pin
They are there sir.
In fact, you can call directly if you visit our blog with you mobile phone.
Please, do try and check again.
Thanks
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by LARRIE(m): 12:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
I am interested @larryoyewole@yahoo.com
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by Olayiwola124(m): 6:39pm On Dec 13, 2017
myvision:
I have being into soap making since 2010. I have had cause to travel outside Lagos to train people for FREE; majorly for religious bodies.
I actually was surprised when I heard people rolling adverts on soap making for 4k, 5k e.t.c I was of the opinion that this information should made available for FREE.

However, this is not the only thing we shall be talking about here. We shall be talking about:
1. Soap making
2. Detergent
3. Air Freshener

I will only be teaching this three because I felt they are the safest.
I will also talk about: The processing, making, packaging, branding and sales of the skill acquisitions.

However, this I will not start without people showing interest.

So, please a comment to indicate your interest and make sure you follow this thread to know when I will be starting.

Am interested, how can you help me with the training?

This is my email ogunsolarasheed@yahoo.com
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by Ajixegun: 9:01pm On Dec 13, 2017
More strength to you @op.
Please, I need knowledge on how to make detergent. Thanks
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by Olayiwola124(m): 8:02am On Dec 14, 2017
myvision:
I have being into soap making since 2010. I have had cause to travel outside Lagos to train people for FREE; majorly for religious bodies.
I actually was surprised when I heard people rolling adverts on soap making for 4k, 5k e.t.c I was of the opinion that this information should made available for FREE.

However, this is not the only thing we shall be talking about here. We shall be talking about:
1. Soap making
2. Detergent
3. Air Freshener

I will only be teaching this three because I felt they are the safest.
I will also talk about: The processing, making, packaging, branding and sales of the skill acquisitions.

However, this I will not start without people showing interest.

So, please a comment to indicate your interest and make sure you follow this thread to know when I will be starting.

Am interested in bar soap training. How will you assist me Sir.

This is my email ogunsolarasheed@yahoo.com
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by OKANGPRECIOUS(m): 10:11am On Jan 10, 2018
Waiting for the bar soap
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by joeyarticles: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2020
You can learn to make soap and then build a soap making company 4 that will last, you need a business plan to execute this...
Re: Learn How to Make SOAP; Like a Professional For FREE!!! by gusismith: 5:55pm On Feb 17, 2023
I just can't believe I read all the content of this thread without learning anything.

Of what use is it to teach how to make soap without corresponding measurements?

Be care ful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey / Sugar: Dangote Can Do More, BUA Has Not Done Enough - Chika Mbonu / PHOTOS: Folorunsho Alakija Covers July Edition Of Today's Woman Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.