Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,433 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference (4252 Views)

"PDP Will Reclaim Power In 2019" - Jonathan Speaks At PDP Convention / Economy Would’ve Been Worse But For Buhari – Lai Mohammed / Geneva Press Conference: Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by JumiR: 12:46am On Jan 28, 2016
By JUMI RHODES

Former president Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has said he is willing to work with President Muhammadu Buhari should he be called upon. Jonathan made this known during the world press conference he held yesterday at the Geneva Press Club in Switzerland. Jonathan spoke on corruption allegations against his government. Below are answers to some of the questions he took from international journalists who were at the world press conference Excerpts:

WORKING WITH BUHARI
I am a former president. I can not throw myself to the government. It depends on the assignment the president will give me. If my president gives me any assignment,I will do it. Just like when I was in office, we gave assignments to former heads of states. So I am free to work for the president, and indeed for any African president that wants to give me assignment.

ON DIEZANI, KOLA ALUKO...
I have an idea of quite a number of things you are raising. While some are isolated cases, they are all linked up. I would not want to make strong statements in my country that are not allowed. While as a president if I really worked hard to ensure separation of powers, and independence of the judiciary, I will not as a former president now reverse the gear.

ON MISSING BILLIONS
I have said some of the figures they are mentioning, they have not even mentioned all. Sometimes they are a bit careful, they would not say all these monies they are claiming got lost in the 5 years that Jonathan was the president. Some people think I have been the president of Nigeria from independence. They don't know I was president for just 5 years.They said we lost up to 150 billion dollars in foreign lands. We could not have lost 150 billion dollars in the 5 years I was president. Nigeria would have collapsed if that happened.

ON LAI MOHAMMED'S ALLEGATION OF 15 CORRUPT EX-GOVERNORS
As for the Information Minister(Lai Muhammed), you quoted, I was not president in 2006 but in 2010.He said about 15 former governors of states were corrupt. I believe for the Minister of Information to say that, he must name the 15 governors. I also believe the list must be with our security network. The truth will still come out.These figures that are being mentioned I don't want to go into them. Let the security and court sort out these issues. At the appropriate time I will speak. But the figures are quite alarming.

NEGOTIATION WITH FAKE BOKO HARAM NEGOTIATORS
We did not negotiate with Boko Haram. The government never set up a negotiation team.People do all sorts of things in the name of politics with very serious national issues. The group we negotiated with was the militants in the Niger Delta and we came up with the Amnesty Programme because they had identity. If we had negotiated with Boko Haram, we would have come up with a programme.

WHY HE DIDN'T HEAD TO TRIBUNAL
Human beings are designed for different things, by evolution or by creation. We are very religious in Nigeria. One thing I believe is that I did not go into politics because of what I stand to benefit. I also believe it takes the sacrifice of individuals to build a society. So as African leaders,we must be ready to set standards that others can emulate.In Nigeria it is worrisome that anybody who does not win an election will go to the tribunal. So I felt that tradition must also change.At any particular time, leaders must be ready to make sacrifices for their people.

http://dawntodusknews.com/goodluck-jonathan-speaks-on-buhari-lai-muhammed-diezani-geneva-press-conference/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by huntila(m): 12:51am On Jan 28, 2016
The talks are season films...episode by episode
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by peacengine(m): 12:52am On Jan 28, 2016
GEJ is a man of integrity. Indeed, if all the bogus figures being mentioned were actually facts, our economy would have collapsed. He was accused of negotiating with Boko Haram, but he has stated that he never did. News is never complete until you hear from both sides.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Jombojombo(m): 12:55am On Jan 28, 2016
Our Hero has spoken!
The dullard should come for a lesson!!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Mskrisx(f): 1:06am On Jan 28, 2016
Well said.

14 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 28, 2016
So many people died when buhari lost the president to jonathan.He refused to concede defeat.This led to killings of innocent souls by his followers.But no single soul died when jonathan lost to buhari.Who is the stateman between the two?

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by JustOzito(f): 1:16am On Jan 28, 2016
Love Machine:
So many people died when buhari lost the president to jonathan.He refused to concede defeat.This led to killings of innocent souls by his followers.But no single soul died when jonathan lost to buhari.Who is the stateman between the two?
Good luck

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by JustOzito(f): 1:23am On Jan 28, 2016
Sir, do u know dat since u concede defeat, this country has pass through series of blames. it all started with you,then NOI, Deziani I was expecting to hear our beloved mama's name den the unexpected happened. They blamed God. I am still waiting for the day they will blame Nigerians.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Jackrich: 1:34am On Jan 28, 2016
APC , a bunch of retardded liars that has lost touch with reality while embarking on a campaign of calumny, empty promises and lies from the pits of hell.

By the time Jonathan opens his mouth to say it how it all happened , Nigerians will stone Buhari and his dubious cronies who are masking themselves with the fake mask of nationalistic attributes on the mantra of a fake fight against corruption to bamboozle their numerous zombies in some region of this country.
APC is a scam - o ye ! Rice eaters come and curse your sorrows away , it won't still change the fact that you've been scammed.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Infomizer(m): 1:53am On Jan 28, 2016
"Ordinary stealing, Nigerians will say it's corruption"

I tried to like this guy but this statement still the weak me!

Well, like him or not, e no put food for my table so make I dey sip my tea for corner jeje.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by asadike(f): 2:04am On Jan 28, 2016
Great man with great sense of reasoning. Infact for conceding defeat to the herdsman who promised to level Nigeria to ground zero should he lose, i say take all d billions in Nigeria jawe.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by kingbasil: 3:22am On Jan 28, 2016
Infomizer:
"Ordinary stealing, Nigerians will say it's corruption"

I tried to like this guy but this statement still the weak me!

Well, like him or not, e no put food for my table so make I dey sip my tea for corner jeje.

Please die already!!! grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Pavarottii(m): 5:16am On Jan 28, 2016
Smart Man. They want him to make incisive statements; but GEJ that. I know, una go wait till eternity.

16 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Flexherbal(m): 5:24am On Jan 28, 2016
I did not get anything from all what he said.

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Nobody: 5:31am On Jan 28, 2016
peacengine:
GEJ is a man of integrity. Indeed, if all the bogus figures being mentioned were actually facts, our economy would have collapsed. He was accused of negotiating with Boko Haram, but he has stated that he never did. News is never complete until you hear from both sides.

How would you describe the economy right now, strong?

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by latino2swt(m): 5:35am On Jan 28, 2016
Wait mek I ceRebrate(Lions and Lionesses understands) Wike's victory at the court first, I'll come back to comment.

Maybe when I'm through with this five cartons of Orijin won...

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by ril19(m): 5:45am On Jan 28, 2016
"human beings are designed for different things, by evolution or by creation"

@bolded

i see jonathan is trying to propagate evolutionalism. he's beginning to mix with these europeans too much that his views are changing.

hmm... to be ex president sweet o. see as oga jona dey fly high these days.

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by chelseaboi(m): 5:47am On Jan 28, 2016
kiss

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by chelseaboi(m): 5:51am On Jan 28, 2016
More likes for me..my birthday is today..lets make it wonderful..with lovely likes

12 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by SamJed(m): 5:51am On Jan 28, 2016
Even with what he has said, omenka, sameer1212, passingshot, ngeneukwenu will still come here to talk nonsense...the problem with this apc guys is that GEJ has not yet said what their itching ear want to hear....i keep saying it that all those figures been mentioned are exaggerated....GEJ carry go abeg...may ur enemies continue watching u go higher and continue gnashing their teeth...

9 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Daintelectual(m): 5:52am On Jan 28, 2016
T
Flexherbal:
Then you need brain surgery!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Tayomi37(m): 5:52am On Jan 28, 2016
why did nations of the world recognise this man and we at home called hoim all names. I think something is missing somewhere

9 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 28, 2016
asadike:
Great man with great sense of reasoning. Infact for conceading defeat to the herdsman who promised to level Nigeria to ground o should he lose, i say take all d billions in Nigeria jawe.

The presidency of Nigeria is like being the C.E.O of a company, if your employer terminates your appointment you have no other choice than to leave.
He didn't do anything remarkable by conceding defeat, and you know what they say about he who rides a tiger.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by talktimi(m): 6:02am On Jan 28, 2016
ril19:
"human beings are designed for different things, by evolution or by creation"

@bolded

i see jonathan is trying to propagate evolutionalism. he's beginning to mix with these europeans too much that his views are changing.

hmm... to be ex president sweet o. see as oga jona dey fly high these days.
he said by EVOLUTION or CREATION which covers both science and religion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by gunuvi(m): 6:04am On Jan 28, 2016
That's my hero. Haters can go and die.!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by SamJed(m): 6:10am On Jan 28, 2016
Aigbofa:

The presidency of Nigeria is like being the C.E.O of a company, if your employer terminates your appointment you have no other choice than to leave.
He didn't do anything remarkable by conceding defeat, you know what they say about he who rides a tiger.
seriously u think there is nothing remarkable in him conceding defeat Well it is because u are living in peace that is why u think so....if he had decided to hold on to power, many would have died....it would have been more of an ethnic war as the northerners will vehemently resist him...the polity was already tense so anything resistance from him would have caused blood shed....remember ivory coast's own....for him to concede defeat means alot

8 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by totorimi: 6:14am On Jan 28, 2016
GEJ is a man of peace hoha and I thank him for not allowing the wishes of blood sucking demons to come to pass in our nation.
Now see the confusion all over the place because instead of them to be thinking how to make life good for Nigerians they were devising evil how to form parallel govt and how to unleash the baboon ad monkey soaked in blood should they not win an ordinary election.

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:17am On Jan 28, 2016
Love Machine:
Buhari's victory is still burning in your heart. Poor dude, don't run mad with hate.

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by 0Edward0(m): 6:19am On Jan 28, 2016
Aigbofa:

He didn't do anything remarkable by conceding defeat, and you know what they say about he who rides a tiger.

Jezzz, How do you guys reason? I remember vividly 2011 elections escalated bombings and violence

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Caseless: 6:19am On Jan 28, 2016

ON MISSING BILLIONS
I have said some of the figures they are mentioning, they have not even mentioned all. Sometimes they are a bit careful, they would not say all these monies they are claiming got lost in the 5 years that Jonathan was the president. Some people think I have been the president of Nigeria from independence. They don't know I was president for just 5 years.They said we lost up to 150 billion dollars in foreign lands. We could not have lost 150 billion dollars in the 5 years I was president. Nigeria would have collapsed if that happened.
a very facile response typical of Gej.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Caseless: 6:27am On Jan 28, 2016
Flexherbal:
you de mind the thief....

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 28, 2016
0Edward0:

Jezzz, How do you guys reason? I remember vividly 2011 elections escalated bombings and violence

How do you reason? Do you get medals anywhere else on this planet when you concede defeat? Why would he even conduct an election is losing was not a possibility?
Is it part of the the job to determine how long you stay in office?
It was time to leave, he did himself a great favor by not over staying his welcome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

US VP Visit To Flood Victims Vs Nigeria VP. Nigerians Una Mumu Never Start. / Unbelievable But True, What A Yoruba Lawyer Told Me / Top Philantropists In The World Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.