Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better (15508 Views)

Bob Marley's Quotes, Post The Ones You Know Here. / Bob Marley: Remembering The Legend Of Reggae / Bob Marley And Fela (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by puskin: 2:01am On Jun 28, 2009
Each of these artistes is (oops) sorry, was KING of music in their own genre.
Bob Marley, the undisputed King of Reggae, worshipped by Jamaicans nd all Reggae fans/Rastafarians/Raggamuffins nd others alike.
Michael Jackson aka Wacko Jacko aka MJ, the undisputed King of Pop, worshipped by Americans, Pop fans nd MJ fanatics. Anytime MJ performs on stage, people fall unconscious. Such is the love for MJ.
Some school of thought suggest that MJ is/was better, while others suggest otherwise.
Now the BIG question.
Whom amongst them is greater or who is/was the all-time GREATEST artiste.
Your candid opinion is sought for.

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by danzousama: 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2009
maan just forget the fact that both are kings of thier type of music i will always prefer bob marley.
maybe its cuz i love only hip hop and regge.bob was a bastard smoker nd mj was a child molester
whats with child molestation 4 God's sake.
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by dipo2much(m): 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2009
this thread is dumb. The both were the best in their departments. gbam
can you imagine MJ doing raggae or Bob Marley breakdancing?
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by mystikal(m): 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2009
Who was better? I dont know how fair the comparism would be! Both are legends.

But MJ definitely had more talent, more universal appeal, world class entertainer, just a star in all.

2 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by larayat(f): 10:05pm On Jun 28, 2009
both.
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by puskin: 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2009
@larayat
I agree, but make ur candid choice

@danzo
Aren't U being a lil' biased.

@mystikal
U r right about MJ. Bob Marley might not hv being a world class entertainer, but he definitely had universal appeal.
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by stkris(m): 1:46am On Jun 29, 2009
i think this thread is a lil baseless, but either way MJ was bigger and more of a spectacle even though they're both legends
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by FBS: 9:52am On Jun 30, 2009
Both are Legends.
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by Horus(m): 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2009
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by puskin: 8:33pm On Jun 30, 2009
Both r legends. Everybody knws dat.
Who was better. Whose songs will continue 2reverberate.
Bob Marley's songs hv bin doing dat 4years, but wil MJ's songs reverberate more in d years 2come??

2 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by woodboi(m): 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2009
Both r king,but i'll go for bob marley.the fact is dat most white dont welcome regga music,but look beyond d tag on regga,listen 2 d sound n lyrics den u'll feel d world at large

2 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by dready(f): 1:28am On Jul 03, 2009
Dready don come again ooo, these men are my men for life, album wise, MJ don sell, bob marley's songs outlived him, as a matter of fact marley is my favourite singer, any time any day. i hope micheal's songs linger on

2 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by hectorswag(m): 9:59am On Jul 03, 2009
st-kris:

i think this thread is a lil baseless, but either way MJ was bigger and more of a spectacle even though they're both legends
dipo2much:

this thread is dumb. The both were the best in their departments. gbam
can you imagine MJ doing raggae or Bob Marley breakdancing?
Horus:

need i say more
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by shadyBaba: 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2009
Are u highh on some bob marley sh*t? Michael Jackson (RIP) is "THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER" the world will ever see.
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by Bamsyle(m): 9:01am On Jul 04, 2009
MJ was more amazing as a performer/entertainer . . .

BM was more amazing as a recording artiste/inspirational singer . . .

To know who was the better of the two . . . we'll first need to answer this question:

Which is better - the nose or the mouth??

2 Likes

Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by hectorswag(m): 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2009
Bamsyle:

To know who was the better of the two . . . we'll first need to answer this question:

what's your point
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by ogazi007(m): 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2009
Bob marley is an inspirational singer,his songs cut across all facets of a black man's life.
u cant rock a party with bob marley songs,u only listen to them when u want to get real and sum up guts to confront your challenges head on.
marley was a human right activist and the lyrics of his songs represents his personality, he is the greatest of all time.
MJ is a legend no doubt,the content of some of his songs are quiet motivational like heal the world,but he is a commercial artist as far as im concern.u listen to MJ when u want to dance or when u are in a romantic mood, listen to marley when u want to meditate.
i think fela is a useful artist than dbanj, just my poor opinion

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by Bamsyle(m): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2009
hectorswag:

what's your point

Bang ya head against the wall five times . . . and you just might get it.
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by sheriffman(m): 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2009
For me I will choose Bob Marley anytime anyday
his songs had more appeal to me as an African
considering the times then and even now.
this not taking anything away frm MJ
he was the best in his genre

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by Okijajuju1(m): 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2009
As a Ganja farmer, I will say Bob!! But as far as music in general, Micheal is still the king.
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by hectorswag(m): 9:10am On Jul 08, 2009
Bamsyle:

Bang ya head against the wall five times . . . and you just might get it.
SUCH IS LIFE,
ANOTHER PRODUCT OF A DEPRECIATING ECONOMYgrin
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by Bamsyle(m): 9:23am On Jul 08, 2009
hectorswag:

SUCH IS LIFE grin

Life ain't fair atimes . . . grin
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by hectorswag(m): 9:38am On Jul 08, 2009
Bamsyle:

Life ain't fair atimes . . . grin
SAY IT TO THE **** tongue tongue tongue
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by Bamsyle(m): 10:04am On Jul 08, 2009
hectorswag:

SAY IT TO THE, wink

Ya mildew-infested brain couldn't decipher it . . . so I just shoved it up ya arse . . . that's what happens when a ninny like you can't use his head . . .  tongue
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by freety(m): 10:07am On Jul 08, 2009
I go 4 BM his music is 4 ever,

1 Like

Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by hectorswag(m): 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2009
Bamsyle:

. that's what happens when a ninny like you can't use his head . . . tongue

asshole!!! grin grin grin
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by Bamsyle(m): 1:02pm On Jul 08, 2009
hectorswag:

and after saying all these you feel fulfilled,

make sure you tell ur wife what and what you did in the offiz 2day

asshole!!! grin grin grin

Hehe . . . look at this dim-witted oaf . . .

Wife?? You must be hallucinating . . .  grin grin

That's what you get when you stick ya cancerous nose into other peop's affairs you dingbat . . .  grin grin
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by hectorswag(m): 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2009
Bamsyle:

Hehe . . .
Wife?? You must be hallucinating . . . grin grin

you're of no use to me!!!
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by DeSpike: 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2009
"THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US" MJ MEMORIAL REMIX.
MICHAEL JACKSON FANS FREE MP3 DOWNLOAD
http://djonathandavids.podomatic.com/
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by Bamsyle(m): 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2009
hectorswag:

you're of no use to me!!!

Hehe . . . of course I'm not . . . I'm not a gay . . . tongue
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by hectorswag(m): 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2009
Bamsyle:

Hehe . . . of course I'm not . . . I'm not a gay . . . tongue
pally, enough of the heart burns, probably we got off on the wrong foot!

just bury the hatchet cool cool
Re: Bob Marley Vs. Michael Jackson: Who Was Better by craziest: 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2009
Bamsyle:

Goat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it not his nose?hissssssssssssssssssssssssss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download MP3: 6LACK Ft Khalid – Seasons / Femi Kuti Performs On KLM Flight From Amsterdam To Lagos / "Go And Die" By "TnE" Your Nairaland Hit Maker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.