Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's (13426 Views)

Sell Your Used TV (plasma LED LCD) Get #instantcash / IMPORTER OF USED FOREIGN GOODS Are Welcome HERE / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions At Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by chidi2pus(m): 8:14am On Jan 30, 2016
acunon:
Good evening all, for all posters and observers we have finally decided to sell it and i make a refund. It's never my fault that this issue occured, accident is not avoidable, though i had one experience before and this making two and would not want any. I will advise all prospective buyers to see that your goods are insured via GIG for safety purpose. Tvs from smaller sizes like 32"- below will be courier via local services since they are light and larger screens will be given options on whether they will want the local service or an insured service. I apologize for any of my nasty write up and also plead for forgiveness from any i have trespassed. Thanks for your enlightenment and critics.

Yes. The agreement is to sell the tv off and split the loss from the devalued sale between us.

I'll be waiting for the refund with crossed fingers.

2 Likes

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by Sobrit(m): 10:55am On Jan 30, 2016
It's a pity. By this singular act, you have lost a substantial potential buyers from nL. Pls online buying outside escrow, thrives only on trust. Once it is dented, it takes its course. Be more responsive and careful wth ur customers esp those from these online platforms@ mr Acunon

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by acunon: 1:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
Sobrit:
It's a pity. By this singular act, you have lost a substantial potential buyers from nL. Pls online buying outside escrow, thrives only on trust. Once it is dented, it takes its course. Be more responsive and careful wth ur customers esp those from these online platforms@ mr Acunon
I have not sir,bt Thanks as I have taken note.
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by bigsecsyde(m): 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
Didnt you send me a panasonic 32' LED tv with line? Did you resolve the issue?
acunon:

What experience did you have with me sir, let me knw?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by acunon: 2:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
bigsecsyde:
Didnt you send me a panasonic 32' LED tv with line? Did you resolve the issue?
Chai, only God knws if it was done intentionally. I will keep on saying it again and again, I dnt intend to send defective product to any one else he or she request for it. I make sure I test my clients to maximum satisfaction before i wrap and send. Most time for all my clients who knws me well will see that I post video of the tv working condition to there via whatsapp or bbm. I can't jst send you a bad product knowingly and be happy to see you report here. This is electronics, ppl do buy new tvs and when they get home it becomes damaged or packed with lines,and I dnt think the company takes responsibility for them. We are all there to learn, we order this from abroad without fully knowing how they where used before. Like I said on my thread before we sell tvs that comes with line for cheap price, I wouldn't put my integrity at stake jst for little funds. I remembered vividly well that i sent you full shot of that Panasonic online and you saw it and was satisfied, why would I now make you sad by swapping it with a line screen. It doesn't makes sence!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by acunon: 3:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
Let me educate you all about this line popping out of a screen issue

A line might pop out as a result of transport shock while on transit. If it dangles around the confinement vibrating, an integrated component may fall off or fail to respond when its been tested Causing the tv not to boot up or creating a massive bar on the screen. To prevent this we use Styrofoam to hold firmly the tv screen and winding it up with a thick carton to keep firm.
A line might pop out if a better wrapping condition is not satisfied.
If a bare screen is hit with a fairly sharp object, it dents the screen thereby cracking it and formation of lines occurs.
Electronics is a very funny device expecially tvs as you can't predict what next will go wrong on.
I have made good friends here and dnt intend to ruin it by selling line tvs or defects

We dnt intend to sell faulty tvs to whomsoever

Thanks for understanding
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by DBlackCeazer(m): 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
As a TV technician,I know it would take a lot of shock/vibration for lines to appear on a liquid crystal display. It does happen(given that the TV is fairly used) but rarely in transit,unless the TV is poorly packed/transported.
Acunon, I will advice you to always make a short video with the TV you are selling onn for situations like this.
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by chidi2pus(m): 4:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
acunon:

This is electronics, ppl do buy new tvs and when they get home it becomes damaged or packed with lines,and I dnt think the company takes responsibility for them.

Really? ? ?

Wrong business perception

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by acunon: 5:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
DBlackCeazer:
As a TV technician,I know it would take a lot of shock/vibration for lines to appear on a liquid crystal display. It does happen(given that the TV is fairly used) but rarely in transit,unless the TV is poorly packed/transported.
Acunon, I will advice you to always make a short video with the TV you are selling onn for situations like this.
I always make a short videos to my client and send to them before I pack. Like this curve I did. We pack tvs tightly before take off. It might had be as a result of compression of other goods on the carton that may had caused that. It's a video if 30.4 mb and jst looking for a way of sending it here or compressing it.
I sent a CLIQ of it to the op
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by acunon: 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2016
chidi2pus:

Really? ? ?

Wrong business perception
You are still getting me wrong bro. Let's jst end this.
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by airsaylongcon: 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
Acunon stock up on bubble wraps. Wrap the TVs in sufficient bubble wrap before you use styrofoam
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by acunon: 6:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
airsaylongcon:
Acunon stock up on bubble wraps. Wrap the TVs in sufficient bubble wrap before you use styrofoam
Thanks sir. It's jst that we dnt get that sufficently here. We mostly make use of our traditional white styrofoam and carton.

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by obisite: 9:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hmmm.....i hope it gets resolve n nairalander would get to know it has been cleared... Following.. .

Acunon.. . You're paving way on online sales with integrity to have allow this come online.. sometimes one had to bear loss to maintain business goodwill at a quiet understating level.. One could make lose with Mr A deal,, but can make more profit with Mr B sales,, as result of bargaining strength,, We customers could be frustrating sometimes, and react base on what we need... I'm stil hoping,, n believing no other thread or issue would come up as you work towards fixing up things for US!!

Stil looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.. . Thanks man!!

2 Likes

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by Oshosam(m): 5:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
Following
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by donvicky2007: 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
acunon:

Mr mayor, i do not intend to hold his money. Thats why i told him to send it back to me so as we could fix or sell it off, it was the way he packed ut when arriving lagos made me think he jst want his money. When we buy this from importer, we dnt buy with guarantee or warranty they will tell you that you are responsible when any thing happens to it. Most of my pals here dnt change tvs when defective they will fight it to the end, bt i have him the assurance that either the two and we will split the cost, why opening a thread when we have concluded?

From your posts so far this shows you dont test the goods u sold or intend selling to your customers,
When selling fragile products to customers who are far away from you , you must make sure the product is in good shape before send it out for transport.
Whether the imports don't give you warrenty on the products they sells to you, it is your duty to check the condition of the goods before reselling.
You have to repair, replace or refund the buyer.
Even shops that sales uk used phones do give at least one week warranty.

I know legal battle will do you no good.

(This is why i preferred Pay on delivery)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by donvicky2007: 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
DBlackCeazer:

Making videos of the tv before sending it, is not a concrete evidence bcox one can make a video of product and still send a bad product the same make, color, size etc.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by adrusa: 10:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
Though, I'm not a technician, but I have handled numerous televisions; PLASMA, LCD, LED, OLED and even CRT, they don't develop lines easily. It is acunon's TVs that will get line from transportation on the back seat of a car. By the way how come all the LG, Samsung etc TVs that are brought to Nigeria in freights and are transported by road across Nigeria don't develop lines like Acunon's TVs?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by Stylz69(m): 5:42am On Mar 31, 2016
donvicky2007:

Making videos of the tv before sending it, is not a concrete evidence bcox one can make a video of product and still send a bad product the same make, color, size etc.
You can request a photo of the serial number and compare with the serial number you receive.

1 Like

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by Stylz69(m): 5:50am On Mar 31, 2016
adrusa:
Though, I'm not a technician, but I have handled numerous televisions; PLASMA, LCD, LED, OLED and even CRT, they don't develop lines easily. It is acunon's TVs that will get line from transportation on the back seat of a car. By the way how come all the LG, Samsung etc TVs that are brought to Nigeria in freights and are transported by road across Nigeria don't develop lines like Acunon's TVs?
The fact is that the packaging is not adequate going by the photos. All the packaging he uses does is to protect the screen. It won't stop the tv from bouncing up and down or side to side in the cargo hold. For big tv's, I advise the seller to construct wooden crates to put the tv in and pad it with foam. I recall shipping a 50 inch from UK and it was put in a wooden crate and stuffed with pillows. The seller should try as much as possible to eliminate any risk of damage from his end. A buyer cannot be liable for receiving a defective item especially if the seller has not taken adequate care to ensure the item is transported as safely as possible. On a last note and I always say this...I do not trust 'my people' when it comes to money. They do not have honor and will never refund even if they knowingly sold you a defective item.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by acunon: 6:58am On Mar 31, 2016
donvicky2007:

From your posts so far this shows you dont test the goods u sold or intend selling to your customers,
When selling fragile products to customers who are far away from you , you must make sure the product is in good shape before send it out for transport.
Whether the imports don't give you warrenty on the products they sells to you, it is your duty to check the condition of the goods before reselling.
You have to repair, replace or refund the buyer.
Even shops that sales uk used phones do give at least one week warranty.

I know legal battle will do you no good.
(This is why i preferred Pay on delivery)
My friend
Good morning, I do test my goods more times than ever before I send it out,Because I know it's going far. You can never say what will go wrong on electronics. My line of business involves diagnosis and that is what we do. When a TV is display for sale it will be run for test for long before its been sold. I don't knw what you mean by legal battle when I have refunded to the OP long ago. Please think well and thanks for stopping by.
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by acunon: 7:02am On Mar 31, 2016
donvicky2007:

One can make such, by I don't do such. I can't stake my integrity for fraud. I have been doing this business for long with no issue that is why people trust me so such and I wish to continue with it,why will I now swap with a defective one which doesn't make sense. Do you think am happy seeing a thread like this? Please reason like a mature man. Thanks again
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by acunon: 7:13am On Mar 31, 2016
adrusa:
My very good friend who always bumps out on my matter. Good morning
I know you have had good experience buying TVS here from alaba safety without issues by yourself but I know there are lots of folks out there that had such ugly experience from another dealer. I have delivered TVS from the back seat of a car without issue and am not only saying it only comes with vibration shock. From what I have observed from people around me this lines may come from inverter maybe with pure sine waves or sort. I am very wild in ALABA where I tend to be present in activities involving my business and I tend to come in contact with tvs sent from abroad via flight without issue and lands in Nigeria broken and also embodied with lines when tested after been protected. This is just way of life that any thing can happen. Please try and understand me and stop the critics. Thanks
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by acunon: 7:20am On Mar 31, 2016
Stylz69:

The fact is that the packaging is not adequate going by the photos. All the packaging he uses does is to protect the screen. It won't stop the tv from bouncing up and down or side to side in the cargo hold. For big tv's, I advise the seller to construct wooden crates to put the tv in and pad it with foam. I recall shipping a 50 inch from UK and it was put in a wooden crate and stuffed with pillows. The seller should try as much as possible to eliminate any risk of damage from his end. A buyer cannot be liable for receiving a defective item especially if the seller has not taken adequate care to ensure the item is transported as safely as possible. On a last note and I always say this...I do not trust 'my people' when it comes to money. They do not have honor and will never refund even if they knowingly sold you a defective item.
Thanks so much sir
Though we use the method of wooden crate to ship,but it is alway used when we are to ship bigger sizes like 55" and above. Though it's expensive that such may cost up to 8-15k depending on the size. The buyer might not want that if he runs out on cash and would prefer the styrofoam method. It's my responsibility that the item is delivered carefully to the buyer without issue. Thanks as I have also taken note of the wooden crate technique and also refunded the buyer.
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by Stylz69(m): 7:30am On Mar 31, 2016
acunon:

Thanks so much sir
Though we use the method of wooden crate to ship,but it is alway used when we are to ship bigger sizes like 55" and above. Though it's expensive that such may cost up to 8-15k depending on the size. The buyer might not want that if he runs out on cash and would prefer the styrofoam method. It's my responsibility that the item is delivered carefully to the buyer without issue. Thanks as I have also taken note of the wooden crate technique and also refunded the buyer.
Thank you. I only made the suggestion because when I'm ready to buy I hope that I won't have any issues and would want every care taken to ship. I see a curve 65 inch. Does it come with a stand and/or remote?
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by acunon: 7:43am On Mar 31, 2016
Stylz69:

Thank you. I only made the suggestion because when I'm ready to buy I hope that I won't have any issues and would want every care taken to ship. I see a curve 65 inch. Does it come with a stand and/or remote?
The 65" curve doesn't have the stand,but it can be constructed. But you can get the follow come Stand as we have placed an order for it. Though it comes with a traditional remote control not the smart touch remote control. Thanks
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 31, 2016
I have read through the thread and i was highly disappointed in you @acunon especially how you responded to the whatsapp chat. Go through the whatsapp screenshot to observe how you rudely and arrogantly responded to your customer. Go and get educated in customer relationship. If not for the open forum Nairaland, you would've asked him to go hell. Who knows how customers from other channels like OLX you have treated badly based on the fact they can't easily express their grievances. Rid yourself of Alaba attitude 'money wey enter my hand don enter'. All your recent posts are just face saving approach in order to attract more customers. You could have resolved this issue amicably without coming to Nairaland.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by McMayor(m): 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
I think it will be proper for this case to be closed as the seller has confirmed that he has refunded the customer... I think its better for someone to close this topic. Thanks Acunon for doing the right thing,.... I wish you all the very best in your business.
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by donvicky2007: 1:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
acunon:

My friend
Good morning, I do test my goods more times than ever before I send it out,Because I know it's going far. You can never say what will go wrong on electronics. My line of business involves diagnosis and that is what we do. When a TV is display for sale it will be run for test for long before its been sold. I don't knw what you mean by legal battle when I have refunded to the OP long ago. Please think well and thanks for stopping by.

If you have refunded the OP that's a great thing.
I applaud you for that.
Integrity is one of the secret of successful business.
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by OCTAVO: 2:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
McMayor:
I think it will be proper for this case to be closed as the seller has confirmed that he has refunded the customer... I think its better for someone to close this topic. Thanks Acunon for doing the right thing,.... I wish you all the very best in your business.
I support this. Thread should be closed! Dispute has been resolved as claimed by the seller. It will be nice if the buyer also attest to that on this thread. Hence, aim of the thread has been achieved.

Cc: dragnet.
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by dragnet: 6:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
if the buyer confirms it then the thread would be closed.
Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by chidi2pus(m): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
Yes.

I was refunded 140k ( out of 187k )

still a horrible experience and i would never recommend anyone to him as he is a self centered fellow

please close the thread

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's by adrusa: 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
chidi2pus:
Yes.

I was refunded 140k ( out of 187k )

still a horrible experience and i would never recommend anyone to him as he is a self centered fellow

please close the thread

So, in essence, Acunon made 37K for doing nothing and Chidi2pus lost 37K and he still got no TV. So, who benefits? Acunon will still make another 37K on the next client and so on and so forth.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Mint Condition Iphone 7 Plus / Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Skmei Unisex Sports Watch - 1016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.