Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. (52297 Views)

Buhari Still Working, Having Meetings In London – Kachikwu / Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by PhockPhockMan: 3:39pm On Jan 28, 2016
Former President Goodluck Jonathan says the current administration is prosecuting the war against insurgency with the arms which were procured under his government.

In an interview with France 24, the Nigerian leader said insurgency caught the country unawares but his government laid a solid foundation for terrorism to be defeated.

“The new government is working hard and I believe they are still using the equipment we procured. Though the budget is still being debated, no new equipment has been bought, so even those equipment the president is using to prosecute the war against Boko Haram are those equipment we procured,” he said.

“When Boko Haram started in Nigeria, we had no terror experience. Yes we had armed robbery and other common crimes, but terrorism was different because the people involved were not afraid to die.

“So, you need a different mechanism to confront terrorism, you need superior technology, so that you will be able to stop them even before the attack. We never had the equipment, but when we were confronted, we started acquiring and before I left office we built reasonable capacity and I believe with what we left behind and also with what the new government will acquire, they will be able to prosecute this terror war to a reasonable conclusion.”

Jonathan also attributed the crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the loss of the 2015 election but expressed optimism that the former ruling party would soon gain stability.

“The PDP definitely will have some minor issues, it is expected… We lost the presidency and definitely we will have some kind of leadership problems. When you have a president, everybody looks up to the president. But when you no longer have the president, it becomes difficult for the party to have strong leadership.

“I believe whatever you observe will be sorted out. Leaders of the party, elders of the party have been meeting and all this perceived disagreement will soon be sorted out.

“Every political party has misunderstanding, it is not new, it is always there. From the beginning of PDP, even before I got to Abuja as a vice-president and president, there were instances when the chairman of the party will be asked to step down. And some officers leave from time to time when there are issues. So what is happening is not new but I promise you that PDP will stabilize.

“In fact, by March this year, we are going in to elect officers at the lowest levels of the wards to the local government, to the states, to the zones then of course at the national officers will be elected; that is just in March. So the party will bounce back, whatever you are perceiving, it always happen and we will get over it.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-still-fighting-insurgency-with-the-equipment-i-bought-says-jonathan

132 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by mcee1(m): 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
And so fu*cking what

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by madridguy(m): 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
Nigerian soldiers given death penalty for mutiny should reply GEJ as matter of urgency.

125 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by cktheluckyman: 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
They tell us equipments were not bought yet Buhari keeps "winning" the war on boko haram accprding to Mr liar Mohammed.I wonder if it is bow and arrows they are using to tackle boko haram

449 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ozoigbondu: 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
Simple and short

To all the brainless zombies out there come and show any Dane gun bubu bought for the military

271 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by opeaceo: 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
Why wasn't the war against boko haram won during his tenure??

169 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by arewafederation: 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
GEJ should stop being slippery and tell us what he knows about the $2.1 billion arms deal.

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Ephemmm: 3:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
GEJ bought equipment: didn't he meet equipment? Nigerians has been on many peace-keeping missions, aiding other countries across the globe through our military equipment even before he became President: were they using military equipment he bought during this period too?

Continuity, accountability, responsibility, impartiality etc are some of the characteristics of Nolan Principles of corporate governance in public office: but reverse is the case when it comes to GEJ's turn: a government that is ready to take present glory but do not want to take glory for past blemishes that happened during his tenure at the helm of affairs

258 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by cktheluckyman: 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
opeaceo:
Why wasn't the war against boko haram won during his tenure??

Was boko haram in charge of any territory by May 29 when he handed over to Buhari?

Has Buhari stopped the boko haram attacks?

233 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by 2boiz(m): 3:55pm On Jan 28, 2016
Toor
Maybe it's bcoz a sword by itself wins nothing, e be like say na baba sabi ginger d moral of d army well Coz true true, I never hear am say baba buy any weapons o

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by opeaceo: 3:55pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Was boko haram in charge of any territory by May 29 when he handed over to Buhari?

Has Buhari stopped the boko haram attacks?

I don't know, but bombs were going off like it was Christmas.

No, he hasn't but it has reduced.

40 Likes

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by mebad(m): 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
You bought with your money ? È ma gba mi ke ... This people have turn Nigeria into their private enterprise

31 Likes

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Ephemmm: 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:
[s]They tell us equipments were not bought yet Buhari keeps "winning" the war on boko haram accprding to Mr liar Mohammed.I wonder if it is bow and arrows they are using to tackle boko haram[/s]

You mean GEJ keep on buying equipment waiting for PMB to use whenever he ascend the throne of administration? Or you mean bows and arrows were used by Yaradua and OBJ to keep ND militants in check?

Comments like this reveals that shallow-thinking youths of nowadays are one of the big problems of this country.

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by cktheluckyman: 4:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
opeaceo:

I don't know, but bombs were going off like it was Christmas.

No, he hasn't but it has reduced.

More people died from bokoram from June to Dec 2015 than from Jan-May 2015,They were also far more attacks during the latter part of the year under Buhari.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by peacengine(m): 4:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
grin Zombies come and listen my hero is speaking

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by cktheluckyman: 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ephemmm:

You mean GEJ keep on buying equipment waiting for PMB to use whenever he ascend the throne of administration? Comments like this reveals that youths of nowadays are one of the big problems of this country.

So since Buhari has not procured new equipments which ones is he now using to tackle boko haram?

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by opeaceo: 4:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

More people died from bokoram from June to Dec 2015 than from Jan-May 2015,They were also far more attacks during the latter part of the year under Buhari.

But the attacks have reduced now isn't it?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
It is now clearly obvious former President Goodluck Jonathan was well aware of all the scams that occurred under his Government.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
Is he talking about the helicopter without rotor he bought that ended the life of a fighter pilot? Don fortunato aka EL clueNO (thanks to modath)

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
arewafederation:
GEJ should stop being slippery and tell us what he knows about the $2.1 billion arms deal.
Wait till the Oil probes, then you'll realize how corrupt GEJ and his wife really are.

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by cktheluckyman: 4:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
opeaceo:

But the attacks have reduced now isn't it?

Boko haram killed 14 people yesterday in chibok.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Ephemmm: 4:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

So since Buhari has not procured new equipments which ones is he now using to tackle boko haram?

Which ones has Nigerian military has been using while on peace-keeping mission even before GEJ becomes President?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by Hengineer: 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
[b]...And how is this supposed to be an achievement??

There was a major outcry over a lack of equipment and arms to fight the insurgence, this directly led to the violent death of thousands of gallant soldiers and civilians, and a sad trail of devastation and despair for their families. Recent investigations have revealed that most of the moneys released for arming the military was diverted and either looted outright or used to run elections. After squandering billions of dollars meant for arming the military, after emptying the Nigerian treasury before handover and after even borrowing the sum of $1billion early in 2015 for this same weapons procurement, what funds does GEJ now expect Buhari to use in procuring more weapons especially at this time when the military has by the grace of God, managed to subdue the terrorists with the primitive weapons at their disposal??

Why would some people not just learn to remain silent instead of embarrassing themselves whenever they speak?? How can the very same person who supervised the squandering of billions meant for arms be so insensitive and shamelessly to brag about this sort of thing in public?? What is really wrong with Africa??[/b] undecided

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by cktheluckyman: 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Wait till the Oil probes, then you'll realize how corrupt GEJ and his wife really are.

Who is stopping you from commencing the oil probes? What exactly are you going to probe.The paedophile Emir of kano started from $49b,he later went down to $10b before going up again to $20b so which of these values are you going to probe?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by donTbone(m): 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
And i was wondering why he didnt buy it in his time to fight the insurgency!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by opeaceo: 4:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Boko haram killed 14 people yesterday in chibok.
Before this, when was the last 2 attacks?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by benval40(m): 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
Sai Goodluck

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by arewafederation: 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Who is stopping you from commencing the oil probes? What exactly are you going to probe.The paedophile Emir of kano started from $49b,he later went down to $10b before going up again to $20b so which of these values are you going to probe?

Please, stop embarrassing yourself with comments like this.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by vedaxcool(m): 4:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
grin it remains a pity this man lacking shame continues to speak without any semblance of regret of his clueless and senile govt almost wrecked the country.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by cktheluckyman: 4:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
arewafederation:

Please, stop embarrassing yourself with comments like this.

I think this should be directed to the paedophile Sanusi who seems to be confused and suffering from numerical diarrhea

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Still Fighting Insurgency With The Equipment I Bought, Says Jonathan. by ademega(m): 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
his evil men kept the ammunitions so that more money Wil be pump to them to embezzle. what is the benefits of a won war to corrupt military officers?

this GEJ is becoming more and more clueless even after leaving office. this man was a national mistake

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Some Nigerians Call Me Baba Go Slow - President Buhari (VIDEO) / We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu / Peter Obi On The Candidates Town Hall Event With Kadaria Ahmed (Live Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.