Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? (2785 Views)

What Did OBJ Say About Himself And His Administration In His New Book? / Did OBJ Really Had An Affair With His Son's Wife? / The Internet, Nigeria Newspaper, Oga Yar Adua And Sss Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by chidichris(m): 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2009
i can stop thinking about this. why wld obj do this to nigeria and nigerians?
is he(obj) in any manner regreting his action(imposing yar adua on us) or is he enjoying this show?
is anyone worried about these whole things?
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by blacksta(m): 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2009
Cause Nigerians r cursed in the area of leadership
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by Tudor6(f): 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2009
He knows the mumu is ever loyal and won't investigate him for corruption. . .
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by kdanc(m): 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2009
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
only GOD WIIL SAVE US FROM THIS MESS.
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by beystwin: 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2009
OBJ is a confusionist.
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by Gbawe: 7:47pm On Jun 28, 2009
Tudór:

He knows the mumu is ever loyal and won't investigate him for corruption. . .

This is logically the most plausible reason. There are other considerations for the choice of Yar Adua but the main one , IMHO , was that OBJ primarily wanted a successor who will not prosecute him for any of his many crimes in office.
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by walakolobo: 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2009
@POSTER

DID YOU VOTE?
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by desgiezd(m): 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2009
Since OBJ forced his candidate on Nigeria, neither OBJ nor Yar Adua has had any rest of mind. Even Nigeria and Nigerians are groaning over opportunities that are daily passing us by.
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by multebrain(m): 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2009
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by xterra2(m): 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2009
The possible reasons are:
1.)So that yaradua wont investigate him for corruption
2.)To put a sick man in order to punish nigerians for rejecting 3rd term
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by multebrain(m): 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2009
NIGERIA WILLNEVER FORGET OBJ AND HIS SECRET FRIENDS ALL THEIR GERERATION WILL PERISH

AHHA MASE EPE MO, SE KAN SI (AMEN)
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by Jaylon(m): 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2009
Obj never thought this yar'adua guy would be as bad as this. The main reason I think
he chose yar'adua was because:

1. He wanted to appease the North so he had to choose a Northerner to succeed him

2. Yar'adua was the least corrupt governor according to an EFCC report

3. Anyone he hand picks to succeed him would not likely prosecute him for his misdeeds
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by naijaking1: 3:03am On Jun 29, 2009
chidichris:

i can stop thinking about this. why wld obj do this to nigeria and nigerians?
is he(obj) in any manner regreting his action(imposing yar adua on us) or is he enjoying this show?
is anyone worried about these whole things?

I was just thinking about same thing cool
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:18am On Jun 29, 2009
Yes ooO!! and the next president, we will claim was FORCED UPON ON by Yar adua. And we wonder why a nation can be CURSED in such a way. roflmao!!
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 29, 2009
@poster

If its not Iwu; its OBJ. If its not OBJ; it Ribadu or El-rufai.
What exactly did these men do to you that your state governor, LGA chairman and Councillor didnt do x2?

It is malicious and ulteriorly motivated to keep blaming OBJ for yaradua's incompetence as a president.
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by sheriffman(m): 10:26am On Jun 29, 2009
OBJ having a kind of ego as his ,knew Yaradua would never perform as much as him and he wanted to punish us 4 rejecting his 3rd term ambition so that in the long run we would all be saying even OBJ'S regime was better than this.But God's greater than all of them
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by beystwin: 10:35am On Jun 29, 2009
It is malicious and ulteriorly motivated to keep blaming OBJ for yaradua's incompetence as a president.
Are you saying that OBJ did not know that Yar Adua was sick when he pick him as president?
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by sheriffman(m): 10:44am On Jun 29, 2009
off course we all knew he was sick but there wee insinuations in the polity dat he had been miraculously healed possibly by OBJ'S Fraternity
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by back2back(f): 10:51am On Jun 29, 2009
wrong question.

It should be: why did we accept Yaradua!

Nigerians choose to accept Yaradua: you are stuck with him, till 2015.

grin
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by biola44: 10:54am On Jun 29, 2009
who told u ur vote counts? grin
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by desgiezd(m): 11:13am On Jun 29, 2009
back2back:

wrong question.
It should be: why did we accept Yaradua!
Nigerians choose to accept Yaradua: you are stuck with him, till 2015.

Nigerians never accepted Yar Adua, the OBJ and his Mafia sought for him and they imposed him on the nation even when there were better and willing candidates. Yar Adua himself confirmed as much when he acknowledged that the elections through which he became president were flawed.
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by Kobojunkie: 12:54pm On Jun 29, 2009
beystwin:

Are you saying that OBJ did not know that Yar Adua was sick when he pick him as president?

You mean you did not know he was sick all the time he was governor of Katsina for 8 years? Or is your excuse for buying into this that you thought he was miraculously healed before the elections? I mean the man was governor of a state for 8 solid years; sick all throiugh that time too and made the news with his many travels abroad to get some help or the other. How could you have missed that only now to blame OBJ for this man's aspirations and winning of the presidential election??  shocked

sheriffman:

off course we all knew he was sick but there wee insinuations in the polity dat he had been miraculously healed possibly by OBJ'S Fraternity

Come on!!!! please tell me you are just being sarcastic, please please !! roflmao!!
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by Kobojunkie: 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2009
desgiezd:

Nigerians never accepted Yar Adua, the OBJ and his Mafia sought for him and they imposed him on the nation even when there were better and willing candidates. Yar Adua himself confirmed as much when he acknowledged that the elections through which he became president were flawed.

aaargh!! the ultimate nigerian excuse for any and everything. IT WAS THEM . . . . THE DEVIL DID IT . . . . WE ARE NEVER TO BLAME !!!! ONly wished it helped those who used it in some way!!roflmao!!!
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by debosky(m): 1:00pm On Jun 29, 2009
OBJ is complicit in Yar'adua being president.

The political system is clearly defined at the moment: The PDP candidate (regardless of who he is) becomes president - that is the undeniable state of things at present.

OBJ ensured that Yar'adua scaled through the PDP congress as a 'consensus' candidate, meaning people's opinions did not count. Dissenting voices and candidates were silenced, either monetarily, through threats or on their own volition.

Individuals who voted for other candidates didn't make a difference - Yar'adua 'won' and when taken to the electoral tribunal, he 'won' there as well.
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by sheriffman(m): 1:15pm On Jun 29, 2009
the issue here is that there were better PDP aspirants in the primaries but OBJ knowing fully well that the winner of the PDP primary would eventually become the next president decided to support him even campaigned for him using state machinery and boldly told us that it was a do or die affair.But so far d man Yaradua has advertised his deficiencies by attempting to rule this country.So far one can boldly conclude that he's just bidding his time in ASO rock hoping things will get better without doing anything in that direction.
But I know fully well that one day those that have sworn that things will not work in Nigeria so that they can continue milking us will be shamed.
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by mrblack: 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2009
nigerians are nothing but a big slap to the entire african nation,we educated we are wise but for nothing,till date we have not agree that nigeria is dead so that we can bring it alive.our evil leaders choose a leader for us instead of we to choose.oh mama africa save nigeria for us from the murdering do or die party pdp.even obj said it buhari is the only true leader left for us,why do you think obama invite only him and mandela to us?but those northerns vampires emirs like ado bayero,ibb,obj can never allow nigeria to be,the only solution is to bombard them with bomb if not 50yrs coming naija will remain like this.
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2009
sheriffman:

the issue here is that there were better PDP aspirants in the primaries but OBJ knowing fully well that the winner of the PDP primary would eventually become the next president decided to support him even campaigned for him using state machinery and boldly told us that it was a do or die affair.

This does not explain why OBJ would want to ensure that Yar adua be the president after him though. This is just the same old excuse we keep giving ourselves for what happened back 2 years ago. And We are likely to continue concocting the exact same in times to come.

sheriffman:

But so far d man Yaradua has advertised his deficiencies by attempting to rule this country.So far one can boldly conclude that he's just bidding his time in ASO rock hoping things will get better without doing anything in that direction.

The man Yar adua advertises his deficiencies long before he was elected president though. How can things get better, or anyone expect things to get better in inaction? Oh, wait, I forgot we are talking of Nigerians and Nigeria here!! *** like homer simpson would say *** DOH!!

sheriffman:

But I know fully well that one day those that have sworn that things will not work in Nigeria so that they can continue milking us will be shamed.

And we continue to sit back letting them and spewing more and more delicious excuses each time we are asked of what really happened. grin
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by beystwin: 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2009
Kobojunkie:

You mean you did not know he was sick all the time he was governor of Katsina for 8 years? Or is your excuse for buying into this that you thought he was miraculously healed before the elections? I mean the man was governor of a state for 8 solid years; sick all throiugh that time too and made the news with his many travels abroad to get some help or the other. How could you have missed that only now to blame OBJ for this man's aspirations and winning of the presidential election??  shocked

Come on!!!! please tell me you are just being sarcastic, please please !! roflmao!!

I think you mistakenly quoted me in your post!
If you are intentionally quoting me, I don't understand your response to my statement! Indeed, I asked that question because I think OBJ is to blame - he intentionally picked a sick man as the next president. So quoting me in the context of your post does not make any sense!
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by sheriffman(m): 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2009
What do you think we can do to change the Nigerian situation when elections come,our votes doesn't count,no real avenues to pour our grievances against whats going on (at least where those concerned can nlisten and make redress)infact it's like yaradua is not interested in the president explains or a state of the nation affairs adresss where he can tell us about his lack of progress or otherwise.

is there any way we can salvage the situation aside from talking here,pls.let us know
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2009
beystwin:

I think you mistakenly quoted me in your post!
If you are intentionally quoting me, I don't understand your response to my statement! Indeed, I asked that question because I think OBJ is to blame - he intentionally picked a sick man as the next president. So quoting me in the context of your post does not make any sense!

I understood what you typed and I responded appropriately. Unless there was some typo that I may have missed again. It is easy to claim that WE THINK he intentionally picked a sick man. My question to you and all others who think that way is this or should I say are . . . .
a) This sick man had been sick a long time, if Nigerians could stand up to protest a third term for OBJ why did we not stand up to protest against this assumed pick of his? Where were you and I when he was busy picking and campaigning for this sick man?

b) What proof do you have to show that your assumption that he intentionally picked this man cause of his sickness is even a valid one?

c) If we so believe that a single man can engineer this all on his own, with the AC and other parties watching and doing absolutely nothing, even when we Nigerians claimed and clung to our powerless view of self, what stops us from producing similar excuse when the next president comes into the picture? What stops us from claiming the same reasons we have convinced ourselves were that for OBJ’s installation of Yar adua, the next time around?
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by back2back(f): 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2009
sheriffman:

What do you think we can do to change the Nigerian situation when elections come,our votes doesn't count,no real avenues to pour our grievances against whats going on (at least where those concerned can nlisten and make redress)infact it's like yaradua is not interested in the president explains or a state of the nation affairs adresss where he can tell us about his lack of progress or otherwise.

is there any way we can salvage the situation aside from talking here,pls.let us know

go  buy Fela music,

go buy Bob Marley music.

The answer to your questions are already available inside.
Re: Why Did Obj Force Yar Adua On Us? by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Jun 29, 2009
sheriffman:

I am not interested in discussing how we can salvage anything. I am more interested in us accepting responsibility for what has happened thus far. I mean it seems we are ever too willing to offer up excuses for why we are not to blame for what has happened so far. Blaming OBJ for Yar adua when Nigerians elected and re-elected Obj and even denied him a third term. Not sure how suddenly, Obj (one man) claimed power over all and decided of his own who would be the next president without any input from the people. It does not compute.

Sure he may have campaigned for the man and even helped gather support from the base but to singlehandedly decide who would win without the AC or another other ground crying foul till the end or coming out by now to reveal that it was all OBJ and no one else with substantial evidence of this. This is just too convenient an excuse to use. I remember discussing with ordinary Nigerians, here on Nairaland, right after the election and the answers that came from folks helped me understand well that this was not really forced on the people.  I even cut communication with some old acquaintances back in 2007 because I just could not figure out why they would believe this man was capable of running a country like Nigeria. People actually voted to see him become president. Now we seem quick to pretend no votes were cast for him and that it was all OBJ? come on!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City Project Has Expanded Nigeria’s Territory – Fashola / Chude Jideonwo Blasts Senate On Anti-man-lover Law, Why I Am Ashamed To Be A Nigerian / BREAKING: PRES. JONATHAN ANNOUCES NATIONAL CONFERENCE ADVISORY COUNCIL SET UP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.