Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (34930 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" / ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by doctokwus: 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Apt description.

5 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by kernel501: 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
EdCure:
Jan 30th 2016 | LAGOS

MORE than 30 years ago, a young general swept to power in the fifth of Nigeria’s military coups since independence in 1960. The country he inherited was a mess: bled dry by pilfering politicians within and hammered by falling oil prices without. Last year that general, Muhammadu Buhari, became president again—this time in a democratic vote. The problems he has inherited are almost identical. So are many of his responses.
In the eight months since Mr Buhari arrived at Aso Rock, the presidential digs, the homicidal jihadists of Boko Haram have been pushed back into the bush along Nigeria’s borders. The government has cracked down on corruption, which had flourished under the previous president, Goodluck Jonathan, an ineffectual buffoon who let politicians and their cronies fill their pockets with impunity. Lai Mohammed, a minister, reckons that just 55 people stole $6.8 billion from the public purse over seven recent years.

Mr Buhari, who—unusually among Nigeria’s political grandees—is said to have just $150,000 and a couple of hundred cattle to his name, abhors such excess. As military ruler he jailed, fired or forced into retirement thousands of bureaucrats whose fingers had been in the till. This time, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested dozens of bigwigs, including a former national security chief accused of diverting $2.2 billion. The EFCC has a poor record of securing convictions; but a single treasury account has been introduced to try to stop civil servants siphoning off cash. And agencies which may not be remitting their fair share to the state are having their books trawled by Kemi Adeosun, the finance minister.
Such measures are doubly important because the economy is swooning along with the oil price. The sticky stuff directly accounts for only 10% of GDP, but for 70% of government revenue and almost all of Nigeria’s foreign earnings.

More at http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21689584-cheap-oil-causing-currency-crisis-nigeria-banning-imports-no

APC STOP FOOLING YOURSELF, WHY POST LIES WITH A HYPERLINK THAT SAYS A DIFFERENT THING?
NIGERIANS PLEASE CHECK THE LINK, IT HAS NOTHING WITH THE ABOVE NEWS.

2 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by cleatoris: 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
EdCure:
Dat one mean say Jona has a future in Kuje prison grin
Chai! Diaris gorduoo grin

2 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by pcicero(m): 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
Chai! See as Jonah finish hinself for outside.
He was ineffectual truly, uninspiring and seemed vacuous.
But calling him a "buffoon " i.e. foolish is quite unfair.

2 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by arresa: 10:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
[s]
tuniski:
it is a lie only haters without decorum use such language so similar to careless zombies. Yes, it is.
[/s]

Ekpa utterances and crying bore me..

3 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 10:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Mynd44:
As much as I think President Jonathan was ineffective as president, I think the Economist needs to tone it down with the nane calling. Tagging him a buffoon is obviously a way to get more attention and more people to read this article which I must say does not have much (I dare say any) content.

They need to get back to writting articles they are known for like the one that made Nigerian soldiers chase after newspaper vehicles in a bid to stop them from getting to the stands in 2014(or was it 2015?). grin

And for President Buhari's supporters, dont celebrate, the economist is not known to pick sides. I can bet they will soon throw out another article to diss the president and yes, call him names.

But Buffoon though……ouch.

This is gonna strike some nerves
Guy leave matta for mathias. When they do the opposite, let the Wailers "celebrate". But for now, it is our turn to rub it in, simple.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by arresa: 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
[s]
kernel501:

APC STOP FOOLING YOURSELF, WHY POST LIES WITH A HYPERLINK THAT SAYS A DIFFERENT THING?
[/s]

Don't blame other people for your inability to read and comprehend little english words....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by OgbeifunErom: 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
tsdarkside:

woww...your mind is a mess....its better you stop watching western tv.....

watch nollywood,,,its a good therapy for you.....

Mynd44 rule 2 broken sir

For somebody calling my mind a mess, isn't it funny that you couldn't highlight any part of my post that you disagree with?

I recognize IPOB Youths when they write.

Get thee behind me and focus on Dilector issues

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 10:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
Abagworo:
An ineffectual buffoon he really is. The Economist has baptized Jonathan. Thats his new name.
Honestly, the name is soooo going to stick, and oooooh, how befitting it is!! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 10:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
kernel501:

I had to check out the link and I did verify everything contained in the original post.

Maybe you need to see an optician or, perhaps, a psychiatrist. cheesy

#Ineffectual Buffoon Defender. grin

3 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by tsdarkside(m): 10:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

For somebody calling my mind a mess, isn't it funny that you couldn't highlight any part of my post that you disagree with?

I recognize IPOB Youths when they write.

Get thee behind me and focus on Dilector issues

dont insult me...

i am not a mediocre biafrauudian...

i am naija!!!.. angry angry angry angry

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by EdCure: 10:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
kernel501:
You well so? :-/

I saw a report of interest, and pasted the link for you to verify. What's your problem with that?

2 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by OgbeifunErom: 10:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
tsdarkside:

[s]dont insult me...

i am not a mediocre biafrauudian...[/s]

i am naija!!!.. angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 10:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
pcicero:
Chai! See as Jonah finish hinself for outside.
He was ineffectual truly, uninspiring and seemed vacuous.
But calling him a "buffoon " i.e. foolish is quite unfair.
Calling him a Buffoon is a complement if you ask me- he's worse than a buffoon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by modath(f): 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
Progressive01:
Exactly. Shey when dem talk Baba own, e make fp, I see no reason why this couldn't! grin

Jogogoro El Clueless Ritardinho Fortunato, the Ineffectual Buffoon 1 of Planet Earth! grin

The pic below shows him in his elements, totally inebriated, pretending to know what's up.

Where is Keneking sef? shocked

Where the hell is Mo sef? shockedshocked

Ayam here now... cheesy

A bin dey dat my oda HQ, Thursdays nights are , our threadcuties show....

Hero El No Clue, the clueless 1 of naijaland is racking up "insanashional awods" nah... this is just one more, Shebi his achievement in 5+yrs was not clinging to power after his loss.

Ekpas dare not tear cloth on top, they must accept this one too..

2 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Babalegba(m): 10:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
kernel501:

You are a disgrace to Nigerian education.The slowpoke was rightly called a bufoon by the Economist a highly regarded magazine.ouch.Stop supporting bufoons.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by peacengine(m): 10:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
OP, why do you have to lie to gullible people who will never have common sense and patience to read the lies they are being fed. There was no place in the article where GEJ was called a buffoon. guy, you are a LIAR!

Zombies, click the link stop being fed with propaganda, click the damn link.
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
abe4kom:

We need not pay anybody to write for us, the world has taken notice and the "buffoon" is racking up the accolades to the chagrin of your discombobulated cow charmer!

If e pain una, make e pain una. We heard more names before than now. So with the daurasaurus in power we expect you guys to rachet it up. Why wait?
cheesy

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by sukkot: 10:42pm On Jan 28, 2016
grin grin Buffoon is an understatement. he is a brain dead cretin. this is an insult to buffoons

4 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
Finally!!!! Someone speaks my language.......its quite harsh to call someone that name but considering the monumental fraud, corruption, impunity, disregard to human right and downright stealing that characterised the previous administration, one could be tempted to call him and his cohorts even worse........Its a shame that people still support this man despite all these revelations.........mind you, this is just a tip of the ice-berg..when everything is laid bare....people will demand his head on stake....believe me, I know so much!!!

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Forwetinnah: 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
abe4kom:
[s][/s]

Nonsense.
Liar Muhamed, You cannot gain any relevance for buhari by paying Economist to write trash for you.

That's why your ministry was given 39 billion to keep churning out rubbish!

We expect to see more vindictive posts from you in future, but know one fact, Jonathan bone don hang for una throat!

While you and your clueless oga struggle to fill his shoes the guy keeps getting more accolades internationally. He is still a very potent threat to you guys. Deal with it.

Gbagam!! Sound that alarm, let them hear!!

Economist ko..jingoistic nii
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Godsonkemz(m): 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
The economist is a useless bunkon
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
Bevista:
There you have it. Treat your dad/child/wife/etc the way you want others to treat them.
---
We abuse GEJ and PMB without realizing that we are inadvertently desecrating the seat of The President, Federal Republic of Nigeria. Other Nationals now have the temerity to call a former Nigerian president a Buffoon. Would they address president Obama or Bush like that?

Sadly, this despicable tag on GEJ will resonate with a lot of Nigerians who will throng this forum to validate their prejudice, instead of them to call the newspaper to order. It is totally unacceptable for the Economist to address a Nigerian president with those words.
---
Irrespective of whatever grudges we may have, I think it's better to focus on criticizing the policies, actions or inactions of the president (GEJ/PMB) rather than hauling insults on their person.
Rubbish.
Call a spade a spade.
Do you know how many americans are calling for obama's head despite his achievements. Its only in nigeria we celebrate failures and for the record, yes G.E.J was and still is an ineffectual buffon

4 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by WOCKHARDI(m): 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
Mr Economist , you should have sang Buhari's praises which you were paid for without mentioning Jonathan.
Earn your pay and stop betraying your masters by blaming Jonathan - as they usually do. Or what else do you aim to achieve by this hate write up if not for the big pat on the back.
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by henchamb(m): 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
In as much as I'm against fmr president Jonathan. Every Nigerian must condemn in strong terms tge use of bad words on our leaders. Today it's Jonathan tomorrow it could be buhari ngige or tinubu

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
modath:

Ayam here now... cheesy

A bin dey dat my oda HQ, Thursdays nights are , our threadcuties show....

Hero El No Clue, the clueless 1 of naijaland is racking up "insanashional awods" nah... this is just one more, Shebi his achievement in 5+yrs was not clinging to power after his loss.

Ekpas dare not tear cloth on top, they must accept this one too..
They can run the streets protesting butt nakid over this for all we care.

Their Ineffectual Buffoon was the Man of the Year for theTrent and Breakingtimes, that should suffice for them. grin

This latest title is nothing but an icing on the cake. cheesy

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by tsdarkside(m): 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! Scatter!!!...

jonathan is a incompetent-assshole!!!....

this is naija!!!.... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Bevista: 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
Teejava:
Do you know how many americans are calling for obama's head despite his achievements. Its only in nigeria we celebrate failures and for the record, yes G.E.J was and still is an ineffectual buffon
Calling for the head of the president is not the same as denigrating the person of the president.
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by tsdarkside(m): 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! Scatter!!!...

jonathan is an incompetent-buffoon!!!....

this is naija!!!.... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Omoluabi16(m): 10:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
lemme bring out my Racist card.

I wonder if these people could either address Cameron or north Korea's leader as a buffoon. while Jonathan wasn't a stellar leader, it is sti disrespectful to address Jonathan as a buffoon.

I find it weird these people are take lie mohammeds word for it.Poor journalism anyway.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

IPOB In Solidarity March For Donald Trump / Anthony Chuka Douglas And Whitney Erin Woods' Wedding In Dubai (Photos) / Soldiers Had An Accident In Borno While Rushing To Rescue Civilians (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.