Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (34928 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" / ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by saintmark88(m): 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
Very confused newspaper. I believe this article was written by a zombie for the economist. They only told us Buhari's responses to the problems he inherited were almost identical to those during his first stint as military dictator. This is indeed shameful.. We all know buhari's first stint was disastrous on the Nigeria's economy making him to be sacked, so also now he is a democratic president, disastrous! Buhari has not changed..

first of all buhari first tenure was one of the best Nigeria had, during his time the naira was slightly higher than the dollar..and mind u he was overthrown by colleagues in the supreme military council, because of fear that they were no safe, because anyone caught in anytyn shaddy wud be thrown in prison....
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by adedayourt(m): 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
Bevista:
There you have it. Treat your dad/child/wife/etc the way you want others to treat them.
---
We abuse GEJ and PMB without realizing that we are inadvertently desecrating the seat of The President, Federal Republic of Nigeria. Other Nationals now have the temerity to call a former Nigerian president a Buffoon. Would they address president Obama or Bush like that?

Sadly, this despicable tag on GEJ will resonate with a lot of Nigerians who will throng this forum to validate their prejudice, instead of them to call the newspaper to order. It is totally unacceptable for the Economist to address a Nigerian president with those words.
---
Irrespective of whatever grudges we may have, I think it's better to focus on criticizing the policies, actions or inactions of the president (GEJ/PMB) rather than hauling insults on their person.

still doesnt change the fact that GEJ is an Ineffectual Buffoon undecided

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by tsdarkside(m): 11:09pm On Jan 28, 2016
and btw....

shouldnt jonathan be more concerned about the chibok girls than his image.....??

buffoon-in-chief.....

buffoon-van-otueke....

sai-buffoon-clueness........

2 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Omoluabi16(m): 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2016
tsdarkside:

jonathan should be in prison,and not talking our heads full with rubbish......
Why should he be in prison?
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

Sorry I totally disagree with you!

They have used the best word to describe the worst President Nigeria has ever had.

He is nothing but a Buffoon and an inglorious fool.

What else can they call a man that presided over the greatest heist ever seen in Africa? A man that opened the floodgates of Nigeria's public finance infrastructure to all his friends all because he wanted to win a second term.

Actually, the Economist is quite liberal. For them to have qualified the retar.d called Jonathan as a buffoon, they must have access to information that supports that qualification.

I will be very happy for them to judge Buhari in same manner if he fails.

I pray u lead a corporate organization one day.

And afta you step down,

a follower of urz shud call u a buffoon.

TBUT:{think before u talk}

Gudnite.
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
tpiaobsession:
besides, I dont see why they would say that when he was featured on the Jan 2015 cover:

Look closely, even ISIS features there. So, does that make them "whatever"?? grin

He was, is, and will always be a resplendent Ineffectual Buffoon. grin

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by TimeManager(m): 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
Omg Bevista is still sleeping in the jungle, go watch how obama is being insulted in the U S, neither was he spared in far away russia.
The truth has spoken!

2 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by free2blast(m): 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
peacengine:
OP, why do you have to lie to gullible people who will never have common sense and patience to read the lies they are being fed. There was no place in the article where GEJ was called a buffoon. guy, you are a LIAR!

Zombies, click the link stop being fed with propaganda, click the damn link.
We the honourable members of this hallowed Nairaland chamber have agreed and decided to adopt the name "INNEFECTUAL BUFFOON" for the past clueless mistake of a president called GEJ, and so shall it stick. All in support shout "HI" those that oppose shout "nay"....oh boy see shout! shocked ...abeg the HI's have it..GBAM! grin

6 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by tsdarkside(m): 11:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
Omoluabi16:
Why should he be in prison?

why shouldnt he not be in prison.....

what do you do with criminals??...although you caught them red handed,you set them free and allow them to walk around in your community...

insanity made-in-nigeria......

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by AtlanticBreeze: 11:14pm On Jan 28, 2016
saintmark88:

Shut up u thwart, first of all buhari first tenure was one of the best Nigeria had, during his time the naira was slightly higher than the dollar..and mind u he was overthrown by colleagues in the supreme military council, because of fear that they were no safe, because anyone caught in anytyn shaddy wud be thrown in prison....
what do you know.. Buhari's first stint as military dictator was the worst regime in Nigeria history, followed closed by his current administration? Do we talk about tribalism? essential commodities, abuse of rule of law? Buhari is a monster who is not even qualified to be a councillor
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by babafirst(m): 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
But the man be like buffoon,true true.Actionless,visionless and directionless.Very mumucious also because if tomorrow this same economist invite am to come collect one Yeye award he will attend flashing that his ridiculous grin.

3 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
adedayourt:

still doesnt change the fact that GEJ is an Ineffectual Buffoon undecided
Exactly!! We'd keep reminding them of that. cheesy

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by airfinance(m): 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
So Jona relate to Buffoon the goal keeper for italy? But that one dey effective for goal post na.

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by ashjay001(m): 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Bevista:
There you have it. Treat your dad/child/wife/etc the way you want others to treat them.
---
We abuse GEJ and PMB without realizing that we are inadvertently desecrating the seat of The President, Federal Republic of Nigeria. Other Nationals now have the temerity to call a former Nigerian president a Buffoon. Would they address president Obama or Bush like that?

Sadly, this despicable tag on GEJ will resonate with a lot of Nigerians who will throng this forum to validate their prejudice, instead of them to call the newspaper to order. It is totally unacceptable for the Economist to address a Nigerian president with those words.
---
Irrespective of whatever grudges we may have, I think it's better to focus on criticizing the policies, actions or inactions of the president (GEJ/PMB) rather than hauling insults on their person.

People have been calling him all sort of names, even b4 d elections- Clinton, Huffingtonpost, cnn etc

George Bush was called names, Obama is being called names, how much more him? As terrible as d Ghanian economy is presently, I've not heard d citizens calling their President names; because he is not a PhD holder saying "stealing is not corruption" to an international audience!

We might be calling PMB names, but d international audience are falling over themselves to honour him.

Its neva d name calling that matters(that's d critics' job), but the true character of the individual involved.
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 11:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
free2blast:
We the honourable members of this hallowed Nairaland chamber have agreed and decided to adopt the name "INNEFECTUAL BUFFOON" for the past clueless mistake of a president called GEJ, and so shall it stick. All in support shout "HI" those that oppose shout "nay"....oh boy see shout! shocked ...abeg the HI's have it..GBAM! grin
I move for adoption of this motion! grin

2 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by stonemasonn: 11:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
Trust Jonathanians they've clicked the source and started blasting the writer at the comment section of the article.
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by TimeManager(m): 11:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
As usual the wailing buffoons would always buttlick their lord buffoon even in the face of sheer cluelessness & proven failure.
No lie only truth!
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Omoluabi16(m): 11:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
tsdarkside:

why shouldnt he not be in prison.....

what do you do with criminals??...although you caught them red handed,you set them free and allow them to walk around in your community...

insanity made-in-nigeria......

'Criminals' ..'Red-handed' . You have become judge and jury. Nice.
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by grandstar(m): 11:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
The economist choice of words is uncalled for. They have been my favourite secular magszine since I was 18.

Buhari may be more disciplined but his economic policies are a complete disaster.

Even thr expansionary budget is nothing to. write home about as it will cause the naira to crash to 400 at the black market.

As bad as Jonathans government was, they had a better grasp of economics
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by free2blast(m): 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Progressive01:
I move for adoption of this motion! grin
Seconded grin

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Hengineer: 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
peacengine:
OP, why do you have to lie to gullible people who will never have common sense and patience to read the lies they are being fed. There was no place in the article where GEJ was called a buffoon. guy, you are a LIAR!

Zombies, click the link stop being fed with propaganda, click the damn link.
Are you sure you read the article in the link yourself?? Or do you need glasses??

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by flokii: 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

I pray u lead a corporate organization one day.

And afta you step down,

a follower of urz shud call u a buffoon.

TBUT:{think before u talk}

Gudnite.

buh he is still a buffon na..

you people keep defending corruption cos it's ur brother/sister involved..

I hope you know this means.. nothing like presidency for you guys till mayb 2075

cheers

3 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by appini: 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
Buhari is a old cow.

If Buhari can read ABC to Z without making a mistake; I surrender myself for firing. Bastardi
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
free2blast:
Seconded grin
Motion passed and adopted!! grin

Ineffectual Buffoon it is henceforth. grin

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Joarams(m): 11:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
tuniski:
@op lie! So u post a 30th Jan 2016 edition on 27th abi. Another propaganda.

You obviously don't read the Economist regularly. Fyi...it's a weekly publication circulated from Friday to the following Saturday and the date of publication is usually that of the last day of the week (Saturday)
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

Sorry I totally disagree with you!

They have used the best word to describe the worst President Nigeria has ever had.

He is nothing but a Buffoon and an inglorious fool.

What else can they call a man that presided over the greatest heist ever seen in Africa? A man that opened the floodgates of Nigeria's public finance infrastructure to all his friends all because he wanted to win a second term.

Actually, the Economist is quite liberal. For them to have qualified the retar.d called Jonathan as a buffoon, they must have access to information that supports that qualification.

I will be very happy for them to judge Buhari in same manner if he fails.

You are insulting a man that has achieved more than what your past generation or future generation will ever achieve. I forgot to add put together.
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
buffoon
bəˈfuːn/
noun
a ridiculous but amusing person; a clown. A stupid person
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 11:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
appini:
Buhari is a old cow.

If Buhari can read ABC to Z without making a mistake; I surrender myself for firing. Bastardi
Doesn't stop the Ogogoro merchant from being the world's most renowned Ineffectual Buffoon sha. grin
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
flokii:

buh he is still a buffon na..

you people keep defending corruption cos it's ur brother/sister involved..

I hope you know this means.. nothing like presidency for you guys till mayb 2075

cheers

Buffoon not Buffon. If you can't take charge of your spellings, I wonder if you will ever be in charge of anything tangible.
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Abagworo(m): 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ineffectual buffoon
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by free2blast(m): 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
Closedoor:

You are insulting a man that has achieved more than what your past generation or future generation will ever achieve. I forgot to add put together.
You mean like doling out over $2billion as Christmas gift for his croonies? I give it to him because I dont think I can ever achieve the title of an "INEFFECTUAL BUFFOON".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Peter Mbah Visits Tinubu, Thanks Him Over The Appointment Of Ogalla / APC NWC May Screen Out Obaseki Over Certificate Issue / IPOB In Solidarity March For Donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.