Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (34929 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" / ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by free2blast(m): 8:54am On Jan 29, 2016
Closedoor:

Calling him that doesn't remove a kobo from his account, nor strip him of all his accolades. what's worse is the fact that it doesn't add any to yours. Keep losing.
Oh, so you know calling Buhari all sorts of names doesn't make him less of your president and it does not remove a dime from his pocket. Keep wailing! grin

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by EdCure: 9:11am On Jan 29, 2016
TimeManager:
Omg Bevista is still sleeping in the jungle, go watch how obama is being insulted in the U S, neither was he spared in far away russia.
The truth has spoken!
Don't mind those wailing sissies. Their comments and reactions show how grossly unexposed they are grin

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by EdCure: 9:18am On Jan 29, 2016
Closedoor:
Calling him that doesn't remove a kobo from his account, nor strip him of all his accolades. what's worse is the fact that it doesn't add any to yours. Keep losing.
Unlike reprobates like you, sensible individuals care a lot about their integrity. They do much to promote their credibility and defend their reputation.

it's not always about amassing wealth through acts of dishonesty and losing your credibility through acts of buffoonry.

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Orikinla(m): 9:20am On Jan 29, 2016
[size=48pt]Where is Pastor Reno Omokri?[/size] grin
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by damextra: 9:32am On Jan 29, 2016
While I'm totally against the corruption in GEJ's administration, calling a former Nigerian President an "ineffectual buffoon" is distasteful and shameful. The Economist should stay within the ambit of fair comment and not hurl insults at the highest office in Nigeria.
Didn't Lord Ashcroft, a long-time friend of British Prime Minister David Cameron, accuse him in 2015 of once sleeping with a pig? What name did they call their PM then?
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 29, 2016
EdCure:

Unlike reprobates like you, sensible individuals care a lot about their integrity. They do much to promote their credibility and defend their reputation.

it's not always about amassing wealth through acts of dishonesty and losing your credibility through acts of buffoonry.

And you have integrity? Or Reputation?
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by lmureli: 9:35am On Jan 29, 2016
tuniski:
@op lie! So u post a 30th Jan 2016 edition on 27th abi. Another propaganda.

read international or standard magazines...that is the way they date magazines.
If it's quarterly u might Even see a march date.
Our problem as a youth ia that we r quick to name calling rather than use the opportunity to gain knowledge...in the process we call black white and call cat dog
What the economist said is true, but I will agree with those that said they went too far
Yes! jona messed up.
But like a quote i got from a movie (the preacher daughter or some thing)that goes.....he is a dog but he is my dog.
If we have been objective enough we won't need the economist to show that There is poo in our Pants.
The way forward is to be objective go for real knowledge. Any information we get, we need disect it, Google and smart phones have made things easier so we don't av to go to the library or cybercafe.
Have a great week everyone!

2 Likes

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 29, 2016
free2blast:
Oh, so you know calling Buhari all sorts of names doesn't make him less of your president and it does not remove a dime from his pocket. Keep wailing! grin

I have never insulted someone in office because that'd be a waste of time. They aren't members of NL so they wouldn't even notice it.
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Fidoko: 9:47am On Jan 29, 2016
Progressive01:
It doesn't matter if they were paid or not. What matters is that they "praised" the Clueless Shoeless Drunken Retardeen by referring to him as an Ineffectual Buffoon, and they are a Credible source.

When those other guys castigated Baba's economic policies, they weren't paid shey??

Una never see anything. grin

Make una go pay dem make dem tag Baba if e pain una so much.

Ekpas- great unrelenting knights in shining armour for Ineffectual Buffoons! grin

Just look at the baggy eyelids below, they scream drunkenness!! angry

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Sajio(m): 10:15am On Jan 29, 2016
Lair Mohamed has eventually devised another means of ridiculing Gejs name.... but he will fail again cos I refuse to believe this article was written be any economist but LAIR Moohamed. Nigerians make una open una eyes ooooooooo! till now they'r still playing the blame blame game. Gej will be vindicated after 4yrs......! let's see who and who will be convicted in this fight against corruption. APC a big disappointment...
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by ocheejemb: 10:19am On Jan 29, 2016
That kind of language is unbecoming of the Economist. In the UK, if you called your even a subordinate that you would get sued and could lose your job
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by EdCure: 10:19am On Jan 29, 2016
Closedoor:
And you have integrity? Or Reputation?
You know nothing about me cool

1 Like

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by flokii: 10:42am On Jan 29, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

If I may ask you what is corruption.

That an Old Man of 72 yrs be ruling Nigeria which he can't be ask his economy policy but he go about sotealing 50 naira from student like us.

As far as am concern, GEJ is better than PMB times nine.

If itz a lie Name; Outside his corruption fight, What he has done in Nigeria.

I can't believe that a youth like you don't believe u can be Nigeria President 2025

I can see you're still very young and naive..

buh note this... "Order" is key for a society to work

I have a B.Eng so ur certificate can't freak me... I'd choose integrity over certifocate any day any time..
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:58am On Jan 29, 2016
flokii:

I can see you're still very young and naive..

buh note this... "Order" is key for a society to work

I have a B.Eng so ur certificate can't freak me... I'd choose integrity over certifocate any day any time..
But is it Order that citizens will eat

U can talk about Order, When the citizen have money to cater for their need.
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
Calling for the head of the president is not the same as denigrating the person of the president.
Lol..which is worse?
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Bevista: 11:36am On Jan 29, 2016
Teejava:

Lol..which is worse?
Well, I used "calling for the head" not literally. That would be worse, of course.
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:13pm On Jan 29, 2016
Soft headed,drunk, buffoon husband of a clown. grin
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by tsdarkside(m): 5:51pm On Jan 29, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

Sorry I totally disagree with you!

They have used the best word to describe the worst President Nigeria has ever had.

He is nothing but a Buffoon and an inglorious fool.

What else can they call a man that presided over the greatest heist ever seen in Africa? A man that opened the floodgates of Nigeria's public finance infrastructure to all his friends all because he wanted to win a second term.

Actually, the Economist is quite liberal. For them to have qualified the retar.d called Jonathan as a buffoon, they must have access to information that supports that qualification.

I will be very happy for them to judge Buhari in same manner if he fails.

Guy...sorry..i quoted the wrong guy...i didnt mean you...

Sorry...
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by flokii: 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

But is it Order that citizens will eat

U can talk about Order, When the citizen have money to cater for their need.

EAT?.. you mean like making some people wealthy at the expense of d 'mecunus'.

cos you don't sound like someone who's hungry or suffering to me..

in case you don't understand, we have to secure d future for d coming generations and not consume everything we see... our kids will suffer for that... look at d whites, asians etc.. and later you complain of racism

once you have a roof over your head, able to cater for ur family & live a good life... WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
flokii:

EAT?.. you mean like making some people wealthy at the expense of d 'mecunus'.

cos you don't sound like someone who's hungry or suffering to me..

in case you don't understand, we have to secure d future for d coming generations and not consume everything we see... our kids will suffer for that... look at d whites, asians etc.. and later you complain of racism

once you have a roof over your head, able to cater for ur family & live a good life... WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?

I mean what will the common man eat?

Because the present economic policies of this government has resulted into company/gov't sacking staffs in the name of retrenching.

@d bolded part

How can u save for d future when the present is not Sure

I Pray make Nigeria Better. But diz gov't is getting it wrong.

I rest my case,

evrybdy is entitle to his oppinion.
But we shud accord Respect to an EX-GCFR
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by OgbeifunErom: 9:17pm On Jan 29, 2016
tsdarkside:

Guy...sorry..i quoted the wrong guy...i didnt mean you...

Sorry...

God bless bro
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by seaga: 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
Reference:

Nigerians including yourself are very short term thinkers. Jonathan came in pre-selected by affirmative action, to find a political solution to the niger-delta question that was threatening the socio-economic foundations of the country. Was it the right thing, perhaps, was it expedient, certainly because our economic woes will have started much earlier had we not 'bought' ourselves out of the militant onslaught. Lessons: Never let short term problems chart long term solutions. Stay focused on the big picture and build value, build institutions, build society.

Have we learned. No. We have let yet another short term problem define our path, our time and our polity. Forgetting resource control, the current issue is corruption and once again it is at the expense of our institutions, our society and our future. So its so easy to tell how this will all end. Just as it started, just as in the 80's and most certainly, with more critical, disparaging articles.

I will always say and believe, that the problem is never with the players but the game itself, never with the actors but the script. Afterall where was Jonathan in 1983. Nigerians, wake up.

what you wrote didn't make any sense to me at all, better luck next time.Short time thinker you call.., you? Simply impulsive
Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by anonimi: 5:26am On Sep 01, 2020
EdCure:
Jan 30th 2016 | LAGOS

MORE than 30 years ago, a young general swept to power in the fifth of Nigeria’s military coups since independence in 1960. The country he inherited was a mess: bled dry by pilfering politicians within and hammered by falling oil prices without. Last year that general, Muhammadu Buhari, became president again—this time in a democratic vote. The problems he has inherited are almost identical. So are many of his responses.
In the eight months since Mr Buhari arrived at Aso Rock, the presidential digs, the homicidal jihadists of Boko Haram have been pushed back into the bush along Nigeria’s borders. The government has cracked down on corruption, which had flourished under the previous president, Goodluck Jonathan, an ineffectual buffoon who let politicians and their cronies fill their pockets with impunity. Lai Mohammed, a minister, reckons that just 55 people stole $6.8 billion from the public purse over seven recent years.

Mr Buhari, who—unusually among Nigeria’s political grandees—is said to have just $150,000 and a couple of hundred cattle to his name, abhors such excess. As military ruler he jailed, fired or forced into retirement thousands of bureaucrats whose fingers had been in the till. This time, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested dozens of bigwigs, including a former national security chief accused of diverting $2.2 billion. The EFCC has a poor record of securing convictions; but a single treasury account has been introduced to try to stop civil servants siphoning off cash. And agencies which may not be remitting their fair share to the state are having their books trawled by Kemi Adeosun, the finance minister.
Such measures are doubly important because the economy is swooning along with the oil price. The sticky stuff directly accounts for only 10% of GDP, but for 70% of government revenue and almost all of Nigeria’s foreign earnings.

Five years and more of Barawo Bubu and his presidency cabal it is nice to return to oyinbo articles like this that echoed the propaganda of the Association of Past/Present Criminals, APC parroted by their Liar-in-Chief to benefit the man of integriThief, who collaborated with Abacha to loot us silly in the past and is trying to beat Abacha's record of looting now.
What a fraud.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829596_img6325197050325_jpeg_jpeg61db8b350e65ada0da8fdf4018fb03e4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 01, 2020
We need to bring back old threads like this.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC NWC May Screen Out Obaseki Over Certificate Issue / Governor Peter Mbah Visits Tinubu, Thanks Him Over The Appointment Of Ogalla / IPOB In Solidarity March For Donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.