Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States (46185 Views)

Six Telecoms Operators May Lose Licences Over Call Masking, Refilling (names) / Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike / NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by allanphash7(m): 8:32am On Jan 29, 2016
Grow up son
Dragonking:
I know osun state must be there...Aregbese with his crooked ways....God forbid!! angry angry
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Abatsam111(m): 8:32am On Jan 29, 2016
Ha
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 29, 2016
It's possible. MTN has not been working in Ondo 4 d past 11days. I mean no MTN num is available!!!
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Tic4tac(m): 8:32am On Jan 29, 2016
Make dem try am
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by opwa4us(m): 8:32am On Jan 29, 2016
Thinking
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 29, 2016
Firstb0rn:
Iranu
Abasha
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by oyeludef(m): 8:33am On Jan 29, 2016
I know d irresponsible aregbe will be involved.
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by kenny905(m): 8:35am On Jan 29, 2016
Live without netty is like a......without a.....
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by AmazonKindle: 8:35am On Jan 29, 2016
Youngpo413:
They should go ahead,I can't remember the last time I browsed with sim card,I'm using wifi,free wifi and I don't even know its source,fast too.
so WiFi when not connected to any network will it work
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Bsc(m): 8:36am On Jan 29, 2016
More. Tax. Jarre.
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Fraih(f): 8:37am On Jan 29, 2016
Ameboperoo:
can they do that? I doubt
They started already. MTN Network has been down in Ondo since last week Wednesday. undecided undecided
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Fraih(f): 8:38am On Jan 29, 2016
HateU2:
It's possible. MTN has not been working in Ondo 4 d past 11days. I mean no MTN num is available!!!
Yea cry
Everyone has been porting to etisalat
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by evawater: 8:39am On Jan 29, 2016
Youngpo413:
They should go ahead,I can't remember the last time I browsed with sim card,I'm using wifi,free wifi and I don't even know its source,fast too.
Those wi-fi's take their source from those BTSs being shutdown.
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 29, 2016
Fraih:

Yea cry
Everyone has been porting to etisalat
Na so my peeps tell me ooo
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 29, 2016
All these our lazy governors they can't find another means of generating revenue apart from hiking taxes.governance is no longer come and chop.
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by tivta(m): 8:42am On Jan 29, 2016
Wow am surprised it is not in the south east, guess the state governors want to use it as a means of making money, let their residents pay...
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by ademega(m): 8:45am On Jan 29, 2016
yusufogrin:
Ondo...chai.......wetin carry me cum school for hear sev.........
futa right?
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Exponental(m): 8:45am On Jan 29, 2016
okolimike:
Pls oooo I just have to use here to find out if this SMS is true....
Mtn requesting me to update my sim using my BVN number...
O.Y.O.... that's not Mtn.
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by EFX001: 8:45am On Jan 29, 2016
As a worker in the telecoms industry, I think the action of our members are appropriate. We are taxed by everyone its ridiculous. ..
Local government tax
Youth tax
Federal government tax
Omonile tax
Area boys tax
Every local government uses us for money and loot their allocation. ....After paying all these things they'll still destroy equipments and complain about poor services. Idiots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by poseidon12: 8:47am On Jan 29, 2016
Youngpo413:

I'm glad you said you don't know the source of your free WiFi. It's the telecom operators that are providing it. So if they shut down, you can't get the WiFi.
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Goke7: 8:48am On Jan 29, 2016
In as much as I condemn extortionate tendencies of these state Governments, I think these telecom operators or companies generally should stop all these threats of shutting down, its becoming bullshit, if you feel your business is no longer profitable, pls pack your load and go so that others can quickly come in and take over your market. Nigeria is too big for any operator to take it for granted.

We have a very big market that many are willing to come in to explore, there are neighboring countries where these operators can relocate to instead of threatening to shut down which is just to make themselves feel important. They can also approach these states Govt for negotiation instead of shouting in the media all the time, the states themselves too should simmer but truth is everyone have a role to play as stakeholders.
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Toscoas2(m): 8:50am On Jan 29, 2016
HateU2:
Madam stop lying, I'm in Ondo and people are calling me from anywhr in Nigeria.
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by ariesbull: 8:51am On Jan 29, 2016
Luvlydevin:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/operators-threaten-to-shut-telecom-networks-in-7-states/131252.html#6BkJPdUL5GS0ylbo.99

This has shown states that lack foresight ....to be frank the average Yoruba governor has owo mi da mentality .....the owo ile mentality is too much

This is it...they want to tax these guys ...
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by kaymighty: 8:55am On Jan 29, 2016
Youngpo413:

Have you forgotten the free hotspot is indirectly from one service provider, or you think it fell from heaven or blown from a nearby sea? If a state is to enforce any policy or law there should be a procedure not jungle justice. We are in a contemporary world we are no more in thr age of barbarism. Telecommunication gadgets and infrastructures shouldn't be pulled over like pepper sellers in Oshodi.
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by deejeet1: 8:58am On Jan 29, 2016
Youngpo413:
childish talk lipsrsealed
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by MrKings1(m): 8:59am On Jan 29, 2016
THIS JUST A THREAT. dey cant shocked
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 29, 2016
Toscoas2:

Sharap nd gerrarahere. Where in Ondo are you
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by TheAdvocate(m): 9:04am On Jan 29, 2016
Youngpo413:

So ur fone will work without a Sim abi?
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by OlujobaSamuel: 9:05am On Jan 29, 2016
I was expecting an instance to be cited but all I see is a blank statement without specific claim.
it won't be surprising if it's the same tax as they are taxed in lagos or ph, but they can't threaten those places due to the returns they get from them.

2 Likes

Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by kponkanaG3(m): 9:06am On Jan 29, 2016
okolimike:
Pls oooo I just have to use here to find out if this SMS is true....
Mtn requesting me to update my sim using my BVN number...
don't even think about it
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Kabba85(m): 9:09am On Jan 29, 2016
Toscoas2:

No network in ondo
town since... Aside ondo East I.e I tanks area of the town
Re: Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States by Youngpo413: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2016
AmazonKindle:
so WiFi when not connected to any network will it work
evawater:
Those wi-fi's take their source from those BTSs being shutdown.
poseidon12:

I'm glad you said you don't know the source of your free WiFi. It's the telecom operators that are providing it. So if they shut down, you can't get the WiFi.
deejeet1:
deejeet1:
kaymighty:

Have you forgotten the free hotspot is indirectly from one service provider, or you think it fell from heaven or blown from a nearby sea? If a state is to enforce any policy or law there should be a procedure not jungle justice. We are in a contemporary world we are no more in thr age of barbarism. Telecommunication gadgets and infrastructures shouldn't be pulled over like pepper sellers in Oshodi.
kaymighty:

kaymighty:

I thank you all for the correction,I really appreciate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get MTN 500MB With Just 100 Naira / How Do I Download Opera Mini To My Nokia 3110c / 5 Reasons Why Android Still Beats The Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.