|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,422,582 members, 5,435,203 topics. Date: Friday, 21 February 2020 at 07:32 PM
|Workshop Manager Vacancy by energyspecialis: 9:20am On Jan 29, 2016|
Location: Port Harcourt
Reports to: General Manager
We are currently working with a Leading Servicing Company for the Oil & Gas Sector in Nigeria for an urgent search for a Workshop Manager.
Our client hosts a comprehensive workshop facility in Port Harcourt.
Purpose of the Job
• This position will manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop.
• Co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
• Ensures that the objectives of the project quality plan are achieved.
• Ensures that quality requirements, as laid down for repair/maintenance obligations are accomplished.
• Markets the services of the workshop to major clients.
• Reviews and implements the project quality plan with the Project Manager.
• Ensures that Client’s project quality assurance requirements are fulfilled.
• Resolves Quality Assurance problems in close cooperation with project key personnel.
• Follow-up (corrective) actions to be taken – performs quality audits.
• Marketing of the workshop the workshop services to major clients.
• Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labor allocation for day to day operations.
• Co-ordinates resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
• Ensures supplies are ordered for each job
• Assist in quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
• Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
• Provide oversight and check job estimates.
• Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices.
• Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the General Manager.
• Report on manpower overturns or shortfalls.
• Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
• Work with the General Manager to respond to the client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
• Identify client’s needs and explain/demonstrate Company’s services to them, which involves but is not limited to technical descriptions of products and suggest appropriate solutions, discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
• Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquires.
• Identify staffs that require on-going trainings and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved, work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model resources is informed of trends in performance.
• Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• 10+ experience.
• Experience in Project Management is an added advantage.
• Experience in the maintenance of rotating equipment (pumps, turbines, compressors, etc.) will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge in costing services is a MUST.
• CAD drawing skills are an advantage but not essential.
• Project management experience.
• People management skills.
• Must be quality and productivity focused.
• Availability at short notice is imperative.
• NSE /COREN Certification is an added advantage.
• Must be visionary and innovative
• Must be a stand up individual
• Must be residing in Port Harcourt
• Must possess strong work ethics, values and principles with safety as the first priority
• Must be very organized and possess a high level of initiative
For more information on this or any other exciting role within Oil & Gas please forward a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Re: Workshop Manager Vacancy by dedons: 3:23pm On Jan 29, 2016|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31