Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,167 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! (12154 Views)

True Story Of Nairalander Who Relocated From Lagos To Anambra State / Breaking News...kogi Election Inconclusive-nta / Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by afla: 11:03am On Jan 29, 2016
The Election tribunal sitting in Lokoja has been moved to Abuja this morning. Security reasons were cited for the move.

The election petitions Tribunal, set us to entertain complaints arising from the Kogi state governorship poll, has been relocated to Abuja for further sittings on the order of the President of Court of Appeal, Justice Zainab Bulkashua.

Prior to its relocation, the tribunal made up of Justice Halima Mohammed (Chairperson), Justice Patricia Ajoku and Justice Ogbogo Ejembi, commenced sitting in Lokoja on January 11.

The relocation was announced by the Secretary to the Tribunal, Mr. Akanji Akinlabi in Lokoja.

The deputy governor-elect, James Faleke and immediate past governor, Idris Wada of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, are challenging the declaration of Yahaya Bello of All Progressives Congress, APC, as the winner of the poll.

The African Democratic Congress, All Progressives Grand Alliance, Labour Party, Progressive Peoples’ Alliance are the other petitioners.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/kogi-election-petitions-tribunal-relocated-to-abuja/
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by nomi007: 11:07am On Jan 29, 2016
Just one day after taking over from Wada and Yahaya Bello cannot guarantee the security of lives and property in kogi something Wada did effortlessly for 4 years. NA WA O!

cc Seun, Lalasticlala, Ishilove

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by ayourbamie: 11:07am On Jan 29, 2016
OK o... they should do and conclude fast. or what's delaying them. or are they short staffed?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by uloewa: 11:13am On Jan 29, 2016
Rivers, Akwa Ibom and taraba loading. GOD SAVE THE JUDICIARY FROM APC MANIPULATION!!!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by ozoigbondu: 11:15am On Jan 29, 2016
Whatever happens I trust the Supreme Court to return faleke's mandate

14 Likes

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by TippyTop(m): 11:15am On Jan 29, 2016
Faleke should forget it now its been moved to Abuja.

Bello would get the nod now.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by obge: 11:16am On Jan 29, 2016
This is Serious!!!! Nawa oooo,

cc Lalasticlala, Ishilove

hope this will move to front page for nairalanders to have there say.....
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by Mamatee07: 11:22am On Jan 29, 2016
They've started the wuruwuru angry, God pass them

1 Like

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by dustmalik: 11:31am On Jan 29, 2016
It's called Doctrine Of Necessity. This is purely for Security reasons. We all read about what happened at Ajaokuta yesterday, and we all know that there will continue to be tension in Kogi for a while to come. Some people are even instigating violence in order to render the state ungovernable. You don't have to wail over every issue. Prevention of unnecessary unrest is paramount over every other consideration.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by obge: 11:35am On Jan 29, 2016
APC - this change na wa o!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by fieldmarshal001(m): 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
dustmalik:
It's called Doctrine Of Necessity. This is purely for Security reasons. We all read about what happened at Ajaokuta yesterday, and we all know that there will continue to be tension in Kogi for a while to come. Some people are even instigating violence in order to render the state ungovernable. You don't have to wail over every issue. Prevention of unnecessary unrest is paramount over every other consideration.
so they know they're not doing the right thing and that's why they keep switching to avoid the wrath of the masses abi?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by kayusely: 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
dustmalik:
Thank you for telling the wailing wailers the bitter truth. Most of them are block-heads and morons.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by muteeyaz: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
Na wahoo ..if they like make them move am to London.. Justice must prevail...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by adexsammy245: 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
okay
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by philtex(m): 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
APSHIT

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
TippyTop:
Faleke should forget it now its been moved to Abuja.

Bello would get the nod now.

How many tribunals that come to Abuja ends up failing?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by alphamodel1(m): 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
All this tribunal buhaha is not helping this country move at the pace it ought to.
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by ademega(m): 9:03pm On Jan 29, 2016
y
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
k
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by RichDad1(m): 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
hmmmm...
Faleke is on the rise. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by MyLady11(m): 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
Owkay
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by olaolulazio(m): 9:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
Sorry to Faleke.
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by chimah3(m): 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
Jaga Jaga government angry

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by MagicBishop: 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Whatever happens I trust the Supreme Court to return faleke's mandate

Story.

The mandate died with Audu.

If it gets to the Supreme Court they will declare fresh elections.

And from there anarchy will flow in kogi.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by Laeroy(f): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
must u wail on every move by government to secure live and property?
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by MagicBishop: 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
alphamodel1:
All this tribunal buhaha is not helping this country move at the pace it ought to.

Faleke is the petitioner
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by BackitHere1: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
[size=23pt]Heart Touching story!!! This one cuts deep inside,will make you cry..!![/size]

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

One young man went to
apply for a managerial
position in a big company.
He passed the initial
interview, and now would
meet the director for the
final interview.
The director discovered
from his CV that the youth’s
academic achievements
were excellent.

He asked,
“Did you obtain any
scholarships in school?”
the youth answered “no”.
” Was it your father who
paid for your school fees?”
“My father passed away
when I was one year old, it
was my mother who paid
for my schoolfees.” he
replied.
” Where did your mother
work?”
“My mother worked as
clothes cleaner.”
The director requested the
youth to show his hands.
The youth showed a pair of
hands that were smooth
and perfect.

” Have you ever helped
your mother wash the
clothes before?”
“Never, my mother always
wanted me to study and
read more books. Besides,
my mother can wash
clothes faster than me.
The director said, “I have a
request. When you go
home today, go and clean
your mother’s hands, and
then see me tomorrow
morning.

The youth felt that his
chance of landing the job
was high. When he went
back home, he asked his
mother to let him clean her
hands. His mother felt
strange, happy but with
mixed feelings, she showed
her hands to her son.
[/b]
Read-The-Rest-Here
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by 5starmilitant: 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2016
I thought apc kogi picked yahaya bello, so why the fuss? why is nobody saying anything about party's candidate anymore, like they did to Saraki and co? I know BAT is the one giving this faleke mind. Someone there should call oyegun for me now.......
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2016
Dey don get deputy?
Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by MagicBishop: 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2016
Laeroy:
must u wail on every move by government to secure live and property?

This like almost all political and social crisis since may 29, 2015 were as a result of the stupidity of the Buhari govt.

Audu's death should have led to fresh elections but Tinubu wanted Faleke to inherit the mandate of a dead candidate who was never sworn in.

The unavoidable Shiite mess, the cancellation of the Rivers election by the APC manipulated tribunals and appeal courts as well as that of Akwa Ibom showed their foolish desperation.

And we don't need to state how Bayelsans were through the ballot box, able to resist their fraud and military invasion.

Every nonsense we see today is as a result of foolish desperation by the APC and Buhari

1 Like

Re: Breaking News- Kogi Election Tribunal Relocated From Lokoja To Abuja!!! by atesunate(m): 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2016
hmmmmm, but why.

Btw check my signature for a BOMB

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Releases Breakdown Of 2017 VAT Revenue For 10 Months / 2019: Tambuwal “under Pressure” To Run For President / Amosun is owing us 3 yrs Salaries , TASCE Workers Protest Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.