Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,551 members, 7,801,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court (43394 Views)

Anambra PDP Primaries: We Were Threatened - Umahi / Why I Abstained From Anambra PDP Primaries – Oduah / Oseloka Obaze Wins Anambra PDP Governorship Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by holaralph(m): 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
mcee1:
It still baffles me how supreme court upheld wike's election Useless people.
. My Bro Mary Iboris work is what you see oooo....... And the power of huge money........... But don't worry very soon all what they cooked that made the house to burn we will all see it
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by ngoziama: 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2016
modath:
Apga people go dance today ehn... cheesy

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/breaking-news-supreme-court-sacks-remaining-anambra-senators-announces-replacements/

Supreme court what is your problem
Who are these fools chris ubah and annie okonkwo.ewooohhhhhh anambra is finished .what are these two going to do.apc just wants to reduce pdps strength in the house.
Tufiakwa for this judgement and the judges behind it.ewoooo
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by MossLuv: 4:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
I think they said no national assemble case goes beyond appeal court. Why surpreme court now?
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by holaralph(m): 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
phemmie06:

If he's around you complain of directing the judiciary.
Before I forget PDP how market
. Omo ti konibi, ti koni iran, tiko ni olubawi, to jabo latorun, omo ti won ko ti ko gba eko, awi igbo afo igba, lo maa n mu omo jati jati kika abamo benu nigbeyin. Omode nbu iroko on boju wo eyin, komo wipe oojo koni iroko n pani ti igi nla asi wo luni pa patapata. Omo alai ni eko....... Bi ose nbu Buhari yi beni awon kekeke maa fi se yeye ti iwo naa ba dagba ti odi ogbo . @ phemmie not you jare its pwayne2016 am talking to. He lack respect...... Imagine himtalking to PMB like whereas when he see PMB ON TO ONE He will be shaking to talk to him
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by ronald4lif(m): 4:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
Okay, so what this means is that a malefactor, abductor and chronic abuser of the law is now representing us, Ndi Anambra South, in the senate. Wow, interesting, really interesting.

By this verdict, we now have 3 Uba brothers who have represented my people in the upper chambers since 1999. And all of them are crooks and rapscallions who found their way through politics by virtue of Obasanjo's political diablerie in Anambra.

The Uba trinity influence in Anambra state and Anambra south in particular doesn't portend well for our dear state and until these rascals are defeated and exorcise from Anambra politics we shall continue to experience thuggery, backwardness and looting in our state.

I'm anticipating what would be the outcome and fate of Chris Uba at the ongoing trial on his participation in the Ekitigate scandal. Should this thug and criminal go scot free and represent us in the senate then our judiciary system is a joke. Really sad.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by porshuch: 4:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
YESO! WE KNOW THAT THE ELECTION RIGGING WAS A HIT BACK TO BACK, FROM ANAMBRA CENTRAL TO SOUTH AND NORTH, IYALAYA PDPs. APGA IS TAKING OVER . Lemme dust my voters card. Anambra here I come.

Apga is taking over.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by OBAGADAFFI: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
porshuch:
YESO! WE KNOW THAT THE ELECTION RIGGING WAS A HIT BACK TO BACK, FROM ANAMBRA CENTRAL TO SOUTH AND NORTH, IYALAYA PDPs. APGA IS TAKING OVER . Lemme dust my voters card. Anambra here I come.

Apga is taking over.

With these Judgement their will be no Senatorial elections in Anambra

The new PDP Senators will come in immediately.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by destinychildolu(m): 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
MossLuv:
I think they said no national assemble case goes beyond appeal court. Why surpreme court now?
It's pre election matter
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by Joarams(m): 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
I am still celebrating the victory of Wike over Buhari, Tinubu, Judas of Ubima and APC. This judgement is inconsequential

Haba! But you're jumping to conclusion. The issue was a pre-election matter to determine the rightful candidate of the PDP. The new people declared are still of the PDP. It's a very similar case to that of Amaechi in Rivers State (2007).

Relax! I believe time will tell what Buhari is now offering this country...a new lease of life for institutions of govt to run smoothly and professionally, with minimum interference (of course, we're not deceived that there'll suddenly be zero interference).

Interference comes from anyone, not just the head, it's a bad culture that has been ingrained, where an individual, because he/she is highly positioned in government thinks he can tell others how to do their jobs.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by prophetfire: 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2016
yaki84:
wat I read is chris ubah will replace andy ubah, while annie okonkwo will replace stella oduah.
I believe strongly those 2 r still of pdp!
cos nass election petition stops at appeal.
my own na akwaibom judgement, so anambra thing no consain me.
annie okonkwo will replace earlier sacked ekwunife from anambra central. Chris will replace andy from anambra south. Odua is for anambra north.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by Pchinak: 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2016
modath:

Educate me, I like to learn... I thought the people are not in support of the enforcement of the sacked candidates? Thx

Not really. Those candidates were the PDP supposed reps in the last election. It is quite arguable if they won the elections free and fair against the APGA candidates, but one thing is sure, the people of Anambra will rather prefer them than the group that will take over from them now, which includes Chris Uba, Annie okonkwo and John Okechukwu. One has to note that the court did not cancel the election, so like in Amechi vs Omehia case the new group will just take over from the old. That's how Andy Uba got to Senate in his first term.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by Obum22(m): 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
ozoigbondu:
From your link

To replace them, according to the Supreme Court, are Chris Ubah (Anambra South) and Annie Okonkwo (Anambra Central).Which means no rerun for anambra central
theeagleonline.com.ng/breaking-news-supreme-court-sacks-remaining-anambra-senators-announces-replacements/

Read and comprehend my dear
what It means now is that Annie Okonkwo will fly PDP's flag in the coming rerun Cuz the court of appeal had already nullified Anambra central. Be guided!
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by Pchinak: 5:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
Blitz888:

Great News!
Now who replaces Our dear Princess Stella Adaeze Oduah cos I don't see any name form Anambra North?

It Could also mean that the Anambra Central rescheduled election is a non-starter... I seriously feel for Uche Ekwunife and her co-travellers cos there'll never be room enough in Anambra to accommodate her and her marauding band.

OMAMBALA ADIGO MMA!!!

John Okechukwu is the name of this faction's candidate from Anambra North.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by modath(f): 5:42pm On Jan 29, 2016
Pchinak:

Not really. Those candidates were the PDP supposed reps in the last election. It is quite arguable if they won the elections free and fair against the APGA candidates, but one thing is sure, the people of Anambra will rather prefer them than the group that will take over from them now, which includes Chris Uba, Annie okonkwo and John Okechukwu. One has to note that the court did not cancel the election, so like in Amechi vs Omehia case the new group will just take over from the old. That's how Andy Uba got to Senate in his first term.

But from what I gathered, the Oduah & Co were not the "authentic" primary winners, rather it was Patience, Peter Obi & Arthur Eze that muscled in & substituted their names...

The election wasn't cancelled, you are very correct but the Chris Uba faction + Reps will take over & the nullified one I haven't gotten my very informed person's Opinion yet...

But one thing I'm in the dark about is ; "why didn't the Ekwunife, Oduah & co want to go through the proper primaries with delegates but sought to arm twist the state Exco?

Are they not popular Cos all the contenders are all "peppered", so that couldn't have helped...
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by OBAGADAFFI: 5:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
Obum22:
what It means now is that Annie Okonkwo will fly PDP's flag in the coming rerun Cuz the court of appeal had already nullified Anambra central. Be guided!

There won't be a rerun, Supreme court judgement overrules everything.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by Pchinak: 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2016
modath:

But from what I gathered, the Oduah & Co were not the "authentic" primary winners, rather it was Patience, Peter Obi & Arthur Eze that muscled in & substituted their names...

The election wasn't cancelled, you are very correct but the Chris Uba faction + Reps will take over & the nullified one I haven't gotten my very informed person's Opinion yet...

But one thing I'm in the dark about is ; "why didn't the Ekwunife, Oduah & co want to go through the proper primaries with delegates but sought to arm twist the state Exco?

Are they not popular Cos all the contenders are all "peppered", so that couldn't have helped...

PDP's leadership tussle in Anambra is as old as the nascent democracy. There isn't a point in time you don't have factions, however what happened during the election was that the Oduah group was the group recognized by the national body at the time out of the three groups that surfaced. But now the supreme Court has said that one of the other two was the authentic one. Stella and co are quite popular, especially Ekwunife, but as you can see now, they were in the wrong faction.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by AtlanticBreeze: 5:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

There won't be a rerun, Supreme court judgement overrules everything.
the rerun will go on.. The court of appeal is the highest decision making body in electoral matters.. that election remains nullified. Annie Okonkwo was unlucky.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by caselessogbuagu: 5:59pm On Jan 29, 2016
mcee1:
It still baffles me how supreme court upheld wike's election Useless people.
I no fit cry!
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by AtlanticBreeze: 6:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
Pchinak:

PDP's leadership tussle in Anambra is as old as the nascent democracy. There isn't a point in time you don't have factions, however what happened during the election was that the Oduah group was the group recognized by the national body at the time out of the three groups that surfaced. But now the supreme Court has said that one of the other two was the authentic one. Stella and co are quite popular, especially Ekwunife, but as you can see now, they were in the wrong faction.
I really pity Stella, I was hoping she would leverage on the two factions since she was a very popular candidate. You only ignore Chris Uba at your peril. Ekwunife couldn't have won in a free and fair contest. Anyway, I blame them for undermining Chris Uba in Pdp anambra affair.. Chris is grassroots to the core.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by BALLOSKI: 6:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
modath:
Progressive01 , NgeneUkwenu, musKeeto, seunmsg, arressa, midolian, thevoice, passingshot , keneking (,& his primate cheesy) abagworo, obiagelli , balloski, mynd44
I'm still yet to recover from the shock of that supreme court judgement. I think this story right here is something to toast to.

*sticks 'good time ' by kiss daniel on replay*
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by nickxtra(m): 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Supreme Court does not sit on national Assembly elections it a pre election matter

To replace them, according to the Supreme Court, are Chris Ubah (Anambra South) (PDP) and Annie Okonkwo (Anambra Central)(PDP).
Na wao! Chris Uba is going to senate?
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by nickxtra(m): 6:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
holaralph:
. My Bro Mary Iboris work is what you see oooo....... And the power of huge money........... But don't worry very soon all what they cooked that made the house to burn we will all see it
Mary Odili
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by Pchinak: 6:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

I really pity Stella, I was hoping she would leverage on the two factions since she was a very popular candidate. You only ignore Chris Uba at your peril. Ekwunife couldn't have won in a free and fair contest. Anyway, I blame them for undermining Chris Uba in Pdp anambra affair.. Chris is grassroots to the core.

Chris is grassroot surely and could win primaries in PDP no doubt, but I am not so sure of his emerging victorious in the open elections against Apga. As per Ekwunife, I may have a different opinion on that, considering her opponent in apga (who is his own greatest enemy). I agree with you on the Princess.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by AtlanticBreeze: 6:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
Pchinak:

Chris is grassroot surely and could win primaries in PDP no doubt, but I am not so sure of his emerging victorious in the open elections against Apga. As per Ekwunife, I may have a different opinion on that, considering her opponent in apga (who is his own greatest enemy). I agree with you on the Princess.
apga fielded a weak candidate in Anambra South. Ernest Ndukwe. Chris ubah will beat him black and blue in a free and fair election, I'm from that axis..
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by AtlanticBreeze: 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
BALLOSKI:

I'm still yet to recover from the shock of that supreme court judgement. I think this story right here is something to toast to.

please make sure you don't recover. Wike of life!
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by OBAGADAFFI: 6:58pm On Jan 29, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

the rerun will go on.. The court of appeal is the highest decision making body in electoral matters.. that election remains nullified. Annie Okonkwo was unlucky.

You forgot Wike election matter was finalized by the Supreme court this week.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by modath(f): 7:15pm On Jan 29, 2016
BALLOSKI:

Shift make i join you for good thing jare... smiley

Me sef dey nod head to "Good Time" by my own next rated artist, the boy just dey delay hin album but i know he will bring the fire.... wink
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by AtlanticBreeze: 7:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

You forgot Wike election matter was finalized by the Supreme court this week.
All electoral cases ends at the appeal court except Governorship and Presidential which ends at the supreme Court. know your constitution
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by Pchinak: 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

apga fielded a weak candidate in Anambra South. Ernest Ndukwe. Chris ubah will beat him black and blue in a free and fair election, I'm from that axis..

Hahaha @ black and blue. Anyway I am hearing a very reasonable argument that primaries are conducted by the national, and that issues of candidacy was not before the supreme court hence the Senators remain. We shall see how this plays out.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by AtlanticBreeze: 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2016
Pchinak:

Hahaha @ black and blue. Anyway I am hearing a very reasonable argument that primaries are conducted by the national, and that issues of candidacy was not before the supreme court hence the Senators remain. We shall see how this plays out.
I think people are trying to twist the judgement to suit them. Some are even saying there will be no more rerun in the central as this ruling will overrule it. lol.
Remember this case has lingered, I remember INEC accepted only this faction till the last minute when the Andy Uba faction secured a court judgement and then INEC replaced them, so this faction has gotten a last superior judgement, no twisting the facts. They automatically claim the seats!
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by Jdesilentkiller(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
modath:

I don't know for others but I think Oduah was compensated with the ticket after her ministerial miscalculation. GEJ, who was reluctant to sack her despite overwhelming call for her on the stake, armtwisted the state in giving her that ticket.........mistress things........well that my personal opinion, I may be wrong though.
Re: Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court by Pchinak: 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

I think people are trying to twist the judgement to suit them. Some are even saying there will be no more rerun in the central as this ruling will overrule it. lol.
Remember this case has lingered, I remember INEC accepted only this faction till the last minute when the Andy Uba faction secured a court judgement and then INEC replaced them, so this faction has gotten a last superior judgement, no twisting the facts. They automatically claim the seats!

That's my thought too, until I start to here this other side, these days one never knows where judgement turns to. Imagine if the court of appeal was to be the final court in this matter, how different the outcome would have been. See as lawyers just de enjoy, no be them country de hard for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am One Of The Unhappiest Leaders In The World – Buhari / Bola Ige's Murder: Omisore Replies Soyinka, 'Ask your cousin, OBJ' / Nothern Group Removes Shettima As Patron Over Statement On Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.