Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One (18664 Views)

Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection / How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS / What They Did Not Tell You About Government Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One by GeoOla25(m): 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2016
tammie24:
Don't try it ooo
do you hear state govs complaining about payments of salaries

if it a fed appointment would have been better
i work in a fed org
nothing special
since you are well paid where you are
better you remain and save money for the future
Cos you'll end up being frustrated

How can I get a fed govt. Job...ministry of solid mineral to be precise...pls here is my number 07069334964

1 Like

Re: Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One by H2Ossss(m): 10:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
heywhytech1:
Time To Pick Between Goverment Job And Firm

Nairalanda your advice is highly require in my case. I am currently working with a consulting firm here in Lagos, with no leave, no allowance but the salary make sense. Late last year I just decided I need to leave the place because I see no future there, I began to attend interview for other job, also told a family friend that is a politician that I need job. Last week Sunday the family friend called that she has secured employment for me with a state government in* (One of North central state)
Immediate I began to make enquiry about the salary, from my enquiry I was made to understand is around 34k when I am currently earning multiples of that. My parents are advising me to take up the offer and resigned in my place of work, please Nairalanda should I? I was called today to come and take appointment letter on Monday.

state govt. owes alot... salary is 34k... when will it get to 200k? after 20years?.... yes dere is job security but for that pay.... dats crap..... u hardly improve intellectually in a state govt job.. plz stick wit ur job, improve urself and seek greater opportunities.... IMO
Re: Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One by tammie24: 12:08am On Jan 30, 2016
GeoOla25:

How can I get a fed govt. Job...ministry of solid mineral to be precise...pls here is my number 07069334964
ehya
i only work there o
i no dey HR dept
i pray God will bless you with a good job soon, even better than a govt job (Amen)

1 Like

Re: Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One by fartkay(m): 12:17am On Jan 30, 2016
heywhytech1:
Am. A B.sc holder so I will be on level 8, but that this salary, I never also realize that State salary is that poor until now,you can also verify

U c me am looking for a gov job. I tire for firm job. No time for urself n even d money u earn.

There is job security in any gov job, even a gate man on their pay roll is entitled to entitlement gratitude n pension. In firm once u re laid off n paid off by by b dat.

More all so gov job u will ve time to even venture into oda biz. U know wat I mean
Re: Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One by iebelieve(m): 7:57am On Jan 30, 2016
@OP
I was in your shoes a couple of years ago.
I wanted to start my school consulting business .

Then ,I incidentally ran into one of my secondary schl teachers, we got talking and she saw my passion for education.

A week later, I got a call and she told me her husband was ready to help me get a job at the state ministry of education abeokuta.

I was in a dellema, just as you re Now though alittle different

But then, I learn the basis of career choice
1. The possibilities of personal growth and learning :

Today I read and have grown than I was years ago, because I have to learn to run a business.

I have met young people, entrepreneurs doing great things.
If I had gone for the ministry's job, I would have still resign or retired at old age and start this my business.
Why do I have to wait that long, when I can start now or then as the case may be.

2.the wealth creation option:
As a self employed person or business owner I determine my pay.
If you re in the govt sector, u can get some free money in terms of corruption,i don't think that's the kind of Nigeria you want.

3.job satisfaction:
is the govt job in your line of training, qualifications and passion and expertise.
If not run away!

4.job security: govt jobs gives security, but I prefer the risk

Modern day slavery is when people do jobs they do not like and get no satisfaction from.
Re: Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One by iebelieve(m): 8:07am On Jan 30, 2016
Dear sir,
With all due respect.
this your kind of thinking is anti-wealth creation for a 21st century youth.

When people start looking for job security then, they have lost the essence and vibe for meaningful contribution to the organization.

The reason the government sector is in such bad shape is because :" people leave the jobs to go do their jobs"

See to it that you love and enjoy what you re doing, then you will have time for everything else

fartkay:

U c me am looking for a gov job. I tire for firm job. No time for urself n even d money u earn.

There is job security in any gov job, even a gate man on their pay roll is entitled to entitlement gratitude n pension. In firm once u re laid off n paid off by by b dat.

More all so gov job u will ve time to even venture into oda biz. U know wat I mean
Re: Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One by 400billionman: 10:51am On Jan 30, 2016
heywhytech1:
Time To Pick Between Goverment Job And Firm

Nairalanda your advice is highly require in my case. I am currently working with a consulting firm here in Lagos, with no leave, no allowance but the salary make sense. Late last year I just decided I need to leave the place because I see no future there, I began to attend interview for other job, also told a family friend that is a politician that I need job. Last week Sunday the family friend called that she has secured employment for me with a state government in* (One of North central state)
Immediate I began to make enquiry about the salary, from my enquiry I was made to understand is around 34k when I am currently earning multiples of that. My parents are advising me to take up the offer and resigned in my place of work, please Nairalanda should I? I was called today to come and take appointment letter on Monday.

If you earn N100k now and govt job is 34k, i will stay with the higher paying job.

Later jump into Business. Unless u want to work for others all ur life.
Re: Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One by fartkay(m): 11:09am On Jan 30, 2016
iebelieve:
Dear sir,
With all due respect.
this your kind of thinking is anti-wealth creation for a 21st century youth.

When people start looking for job security then, they have lost the essence and vibe for meaningful contribution to the organization.

The reason the government sector is in such bad shape is because :" people leave the jobs to go do their jobs"

See to it that you love and enjoy what you re doing, then you will have time for everything else

I understand u so well.
A table as four leg to b stable. Ve dis at d back of ur mind.

My orge 4 gov job is because of d flexibility dat can make me venture into another thing. Not dat am lazy but I need a platform that will give me better advantage n not firm
Re: Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One by julchi: 10:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
How long will you be searching for job?

Do you know it's more stressful and cost effective than to create job opportunity?

Wake up NIGERIANS! I don't need job no matter the pay... you are free to join our company and be trained on a skill that will make you employer of labour. The sweetest thing is that you don't need thousands of capital to be an employer and stand on the receiving end, ofcz and be called BOSS!

Building from scratch series of companies have given me more confidence than ever... If you have a job, you don't need to quit for this, infact it should enhance your capacity in building fast! And then you can write your resignation letter... I mean sack your Boss as you have become a better BOSS

Get in touch with me, and be transformed for life!

WhatsApp +2348162883910
Re: Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One by merit1988(f): 4:59pm On May 19, 2017
Pls help a sister. I don't mind getting a lesser pay for a government job. 07068513265
Re: Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One by hugochuks60(m): 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
the private firm job also has gratuity n pensions too. the only thing is that all will be given to u at once as pay off n its higher because of d high salary.
I will advice u to stick to ur current job n look at for more opportunities or if u can secure a job is a Federal government regulatory agency, it will be better.
take note, most govt jobs r so poor in career development, poor in staff professionalism, poor in creativity n poor in management. that's y our economy is not in good shape. they r highly dependent on d private sector for most of the work dy do. so look before u leap. however d government agencies n uniform jobs r very good with good prospects.
however depending on ur age I will advice u to save n try doing business.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test / Which One Should I Choose / 183 Federal Ministries, Agencies In Massive Illegal Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.