Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:41 AM

Are We Alone In The Universe? - Science/Technology (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Are We Alone In The Universe? (54087 Views)

The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! / 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 4:45am On Jun 19, 2016
micodon:

Evidence of Faith in science... Good
undecided... WHAT'S THIS ONE SAYING? The presence of heavier elements which are only made in the final stages of a big star, in our sun is clear evidence of what?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by micodon(m): 8:05am On Jun 19, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
undecided... WHAT'S THIS ONE SAYING? The presence of heavier elements which are only made in the final stages of a big star, in our sun is clear evidence of what?

"statistically reasonable to expect... " your words exactly. Now define faith
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
micodon:

"statistically reasonable to expect... " your words exactly. Now define faith
... please, remind me of the basis on which I made that assertion?... I suppose you would agree that when making such assumptions, an event must be possible within the framework of KNOWN science, otherwise, one could simply conjure up any description or semi-mystical event he wishes in his attempt to make his model work... so, as long as I didn't break that rule, my argument remains logical...
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Litmus: 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
Perhaps the Earth is like some sort of egg/zygot meant to populate a dead universe with life....
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by micodon(m): 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
KingEtienneSky:
... please, remind me of the basis on which I made that assertion?... I suppose you would agree that when making such assumptions, an event must be possible within the framework of KNOWN science, otherwise, one could simply conjure up any description or semi-mystical event he wishes in his attempt to make his model work... so, as long as I didn't break that rule, my argument remains logical...

Still shooting yourself on the foot. Please define faith
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2016
I have been researching on Sumerian astronomy recently and their record seems to suggest extra-terrestrial life on a wobbling planet called Nibiru. Sitchin also claimed to have sighted such planet at close proximity with Pluto and that it had an effect on the orbits of Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune. Other solar systems are quite habitable but they are light years away from earth.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by 4amorc(m): 10:24am On Jan 08, 2017
Jimmyo3:
Lolz this is science beyond material practiced and believed by members of esoteric organisations like Amorc,grail message,Eckankar etc.

Go To www.AMORConline.com

and click on the Yellow tab to read the Rosicrucian Monographs For FREE!!!

In order to find Higher Reality, you must first wake up.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Animals! Super Animals! / New Fly Species Discovered In Australia Named After Marvel Superheroes (Photos) / Solar Eclipse Hits Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.