Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians (3353 Views)

Ruth Dulac⇨ Writer And Blogger Reviewed This New Drama Series. / All Star Batman & Robin #10 Reviewed / This Is The Best Movie Ever Made By Nigerians (movie) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2005
Hello,

This is a thread for those of us who have watched 'Hotel Rwanda' to discuss and review the movie. Feel free to be as free or formal as you like.

Seun.

1 Like

Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by dominobaby(f): 9:42am On Apr 05, 2005
well i aint one of those who have watched it and am i missing somfn there? wink

1 Like

Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by Ra(f): 11:23pm On Apr 05, 2005
dominobaby, you are indeed missing something here. Trust me, that film is simply amazing for want of a better qualifier. It's just not your everyday movie and all the more impressive because it's simply relating a true life story (Genocide in Rwanda, not as gory as the title suggests, don’t worry). You're positively gonna be on the edge of your chair from the very start to the end and even thereafter. I'll leave you to see the movie but you can check out the review at www.hotelrwanda.com
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by ebedoz: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2005
are u kidding me? I think every black man should watch that movie. I am not in Ninja so peeps i know what i am saying here. I watched the movie in the theater and all the whites were crying. It is by far the best that hollywood has release about the black race.... As per we Nigerians.... we all know about the Civil war, we know about all the killing that happen around us everyday. Lets face it - it is high time we started repairing, I am talking to we Nigerians...
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by hotangel2(f): 6:40am On Jun 22, 2005
that movie was great. The girl was a NIgerian girl (thumbs up for her). her name is some igbo name like that
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by terry(m): 12:31am On Aug 18, 2005
please i cant stand this Sophie Okonedo is Austrialian please
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by vexxy(f): 12:36am On Aug 18, 2005
She's mixed, right? Either way all of the actors did a wonderful job in that movie. It did a great job at potraying what happened. It should be a film watched by all.
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by hotangel2(f): 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2005
Okonedo isn't australian. She was Born in London to a Nigerian father and a British mother. tada!

1 Like

Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by Ra(f): 11:22pm On Aug 18, 2005
hot_angel, right you are! She said as much in an interview after the Hotel Rwanda. Erm... uncle Terry, seems lik we are the ones who 'can't stand this anymore', don't you think?
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by hotangel2(f): 3:36am On Aug 19, 2005
Ohh and that Nigerian Man is an Igbo man. So terry...whaddayafink?
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by jade(f): 2:53am On Aug 26, 2005
I am not a Nigerian but I have seen Hotel Rwanda, and I liked it alot.  I heard that this is the first major Hollywood movie about genocide in Rwanda.  Did not like the ending song by Wyclife(i think?) too much though, the lyrics...
And I hope the world would pay more attention to what is happening to Sudan now.

(i know this thread is about hollywood movie Hotel Rwanda but please allow me to mention) I also recommend another movie called "Sometimes in April", made by HBO, story about genocide in Rwanda.

http://www.hbo.com/films/sometimesinapril/?ntrack_para1=leftnav_category3_show3

Unfortunately Hotel Rwanda has not hit theatres here yet.  (i saw the video tape orderd from Amazon.com) People are collecting signatures to the ditributor, hope they will open here so that more people can see it.
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by Scorpio(f): 3:32am On Aug 29, 2005
Sophie Okonedo is an Edo girl( from her dad's side) n i think she did a good job on her part n so did Don Cheadle too. D movie was really touching, havin to c wat those ppl passed thru.
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2005
that movie was the BOMB BOMB BOMB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i watched it 12 times
its oscar worthy don chealde and sophie okonedo did a great job
the making was fantastic,perfect casting,it was so much
it expressed the conflict between the hutu and tutsi's of those days which is significant to the african culture and history
bravo to that movie
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by pharrod(m): 2:09am On Oct 26, 2005
How can man be so wicked to butcher his fellow man.I just finished watching a movie called HOTEL RWANDA.They are killing people like they are at the slaughter house .the genocide took place in 1994,within one week about eight hundred thousand people were killed and they were called cockroaches.Too Bad
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by cutiepie18(f): 8:03am On Dec 06, 2005
it was a really good movie and i will advice all yall to go watch it because it shows the courage n strength n togetherness of african people
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by cutiepie18(f): 8:04am On Dec 06, 2005
it was a really good movie and i will advice all yall to go watch it because it shows the courage n strength n togetherness of african people even though some africans were been cruel and killing each other it still is a good movie.
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by chocolatte(f): 10:42am On Dec 06, 2005
This film is amazing, I could not believe what I was watching actually happened. It made me review my life and all the things I moan about. I cried and I never cry at movies, it was deep.
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by sbucareer(f): 2:22am On Jan 09, 2006
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by Littleone(m): 9:15am On Jan 09, 2006
I have not seen Hotel Rwanda and sure do I am going to make a dash to get a copy. But have any of you seen Sometimes in April - another film about the Rwanda Genocide. I can bet you that was another movie that is great. I hgope these films are shown across the globe especially in Africa to warn people about the grave and great consequences of wars and the likes.
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by Scorpio(f): 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2006
@ Littleone, i haven't seen that..i'll look for it. The Constant Gardner is another african film(sorta)..y'all shud check it out!
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by dafman(m): 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2006
Hotel Rwanda is one movie that really made me HATE our leaders for always bringing out tribal issues whenever they want to achieve their selfish aims, we should all learn from the movie, nobody is going to save us from our troubles. There was a scene in the movie when some africans and Foreigners (Europeans and americans) where in a hotel now the Hutus where on their way to the hotel to slaughter the tutsis in that hotel when the U.N force came to evacuate the foreigners they refused to take the africans with them even though they could. My point is let's stop looking always to the west for solution to our problems we can do better if we contribute to the betterment of our own peoples
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by sbucareer(f): 4:55pm On Jan 10, 2006
"dafman":

Hotel Rwanda is one movie that really made me HATE our leaders for always bringing out tribal issues whenever they want to achieve their selfish aims, we should all learn from the movie, nobody is going to save us from our troubles. There was a scene in the movie when some africans and Foreigners (Europeans and americans) where in a hotel now the Hutus where on their way to the hotel to slaughter the tutsis in that hotel when the U.N force came to evacuate the foreigners they refused to take the africans with them even though they could. My point is let's stop looking always to the west for solution to our problems we can do better if we contribute to the betterment of our own peoples.

Well said dafman.
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by papermoon(f): 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2006
i saw hotel rwanda here in london with my boyfriend who is a foreigner and some of his clan members.................lets just say there was no dry eye in the audience that day.my oyinbo boyfriend that can like to pose and do hard man...chei..hotel rwanda floored him...infact he was wailing like a baby....that has to be one of the saddest movies i have ever seen.shame those that could have done something to help out when the whole genocide thing was breaking out were too busy worrying about the fact that those they were to help "were not just n*&&*rs but africans"....what a shame.... but there is a GOD.
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by ghettochyk(f): 3:09am On Jan 24, 2006
what a coincidence that i found this thread. i'd just seen this movie last night. it was so sad. my mom said it was like nigeria during the war. man, i cried...still sad,man.*sniffles* cry cry
i kept yelling at the screen. man, if i wuz there, i woulda....grrr!!!! angry angry
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by ghettochyk(f): 3:12am On Jan 24, 2006
hot-angel:

Ohh and that Nigerian Man is an Igbo man. So terry...whaddayafink?
yeah, i knew that name had to be african. it sounded nigerian, mainly igbo but i wasn't sure.
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by fauziyya(f): 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2006
hi i have watched both films and i dont know which is more pathetic but i believe what really described the rwandan pple`s situation generally at that time was sometimes in april.unlike hotel rwanda,it did not limit itself to the hotel but showed what women,children went through and i pray it does not happen again ever.
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by rikkyjen(m): 5:43am On Sep 27, 2006
Those Tutsi cockroaches!!! cheesy grin

Something interesting is that ifind it hard how Don Cheadle,an african-american could talk like an African.!! shocked
Re: 'Hotel Rwanda', reviewed by Nigerians by Kgdavid(m): 1:59am On Feb 27, 2010
ghettochyk:

what a coincidence that i found this thread. i'd just seen this movie last night. it was so sad. my mom said it was like nigeria during the war. man, i cried, still sad,man.*sniffles* cry cry
i kept yelling at the screen. man, i[b]f i wuz there, i woulda, grrr!!!! [/b]angry angry

if u were there you would have done nothing.

(1) (Reply)

Naruto Fans Who Is Stronger Between Might Gai And Hatake Kakashi As Of Last Week / Watch Big Brother Naija Fake Housemate, Ese Twerk (video) / Everybody Watched Titanic But Nobody Spotted This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.