Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation (25309 Views)

Woman Seeks Divorce Over Naming Ceremonies Without Rams / Lagos Pastor Divorces Wife For Sex & Food Starvation / Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by Adesiji77: 11:23am On Jan 30, 2016
The marriage between Tajueen Olalekan and Modinat was four years old when he asked the court for a divorce in September 2015.

Olalekan’s reason: he was being denied sex by Modinat and it was time to set the records straight since he could not understand why he was being denied his “rights”. “Anytime I propose love making to Modinat, she shuns me as if I am not entitled to it,” he had told a Mapo Customary Court sitting in Ibadan.

“All my efforts at making her agree with me failed. Her parents and relatives that I reported the incident to could not pacify her to change her attitude of starving me of sex. Although, I love her, I am now heartbroken, frustrated and completely disillusioned. Since we got married, I have always given her royal treatment by providing all her needs. “In fact, I invested in a business worth N1.6m for her.”

But defending her action, Modinat said she was sexually starving Olalekan to punish him for mismanaging the fund she gave to him to construct a house for her. She had said, “I was staying in Abidjan, where I was prosperous before I moved to Nigeria to marry him. “Before then, I had sent Olalekan huge sums of money to construct a house for me, but he somehow mismanaged the fund and did not construct it to my taste. That was the reason why I started starving him of sex.”

Marriage is a bond between two persons that is expected to last a lifetime, but in reality, it is increasingly cut short by divorce. Couples often come up with various reasons to break up with their partners, and of them is over sex starvation.

Experts react

A psychologist with the UNILAG, Prof. Oni Fagboungbe, said sex in marriage could be affected by economic factors which could instigate psychological causes.

Fagboungbe said the attitude of some couples could also change to each other with time, which could diminish their sexual desire.

He said, “These days, the economy is depressed and people are frustrated. Sex is something that is enjoyed enthusiastically, but when you are weighed down by other problems, such as ‘how to pay school fees, rent and other things like that’, it hampers enthusiasm and excitement about it and it will result in low sexual performance.”

While identifying cheating as a factor that can also make married persons lose interest in their partners, Fagboungbe urged couples to be wary of peer pressure which could lead them to cheat on their partners.

He, however, described effective communication between husband and wife as an effective tool to deal with the problem.

He said, “With effective communication, the husband can tell the wife his problems and vice versa. That way, their body will be prepared to accept the situation. But without communication, cognitive consistence theory will allow them to find reasons for whatever problem they are confronting.

“If the husband tells the wife that irregular salary payment frustrates and affects him, she will know the reason and will be prepared to cooperate with him. But when she suspects that there is another woman, her behaviour may be instigated by revenge and she will cheat too. It brings bigger problems that may lead to divorce.”

However, a nutritionist, Mr. Okunola Oladimeji, blamed the problem on dietary changes and the economy, saying, “The things we consume these days are more of processed sugary foods and junks like doughnuts, carbonated drinks, and sausages which can affect sexual performance.”

He said adequate exercises can improve the sex lives of couples, while identifying food items like beans, vegetables, fish, nuts, fruits, especially water melon, as also good for improved sexual performance in both male and female.

He said, “Instead of asking for sausage, ask for an apple or banana.”

Pastor Seyi Adeyemi of the Worship Centre (An assembly of Sons and Daughters of Christ Apostolic Church), who doubles as a marriage counsellor, said the problem of sex starvation in marriage could be as a result of emotional or economic problems.

“Maybe either of the parties is going through an emotional trouble which could affect sexual performance,” he said.

“Economy could be a factor because when a man is broke, he is probably not going to be thinking about sexual relationship, he would be thinking of how to make money.

“It could be a situation where either party is using sex as a tool to negotiate for something from the other which is absolute blackmail and evil.”

He, therefore, described sex as a “very vital aspect of marriage that should not be taken for granted because it can destroy the marriage”.

However, speaking from the Biblical perspective, Adeyemi said, “The Bible makes it clear that the husband should render onto the wife due benevolence and likewise the wife unto the husband. So the wife has no power over her body and the husband has no power over his.”

According to him, sexual abstinence is only permitted in marriage if both parties have consented to it, which could be during fasting.

Describing the modern day church as doing more to break off from the cultural barrier that saw sex, including in marriage as dirty, Adeyemi said, “I think more than ever before, there has been an increased awareness created by the church.

“A lot of churches have marriage seminars and various programmes, where these issues are major discussions. We pastors are making it clear that God has ordained sex within the confines of marriage. It is a legitimate act that is supposed to be enjoyed and not endured, so the perspective and attitude towards it must be positive.”

According to Sheikh AbdulRahman Ahmad of the Ansar-ud-deen Society of Nigeria, Islam considers marriage as a sacred covenant and family as the most important unit of the society.

He also blamed the problem on a number of issues, saying that “tension in the society from various angles, declining economic fortunes, sociopolitical and environmental problems combine to add tremendous stress on the society and the health of men and women and the family.”

Blaming the media for promoting single parenthood and disintegration of the family, Ahmad added, “Imagine a man that has been in traffic for close to six hours in a day and returns home and the wife is also tired. It is not a good condition. These are the realities of what we are dealing with.”

He said, “Islam is not saying that the women should only stay at home and make babies. It is not assigning the role of bread winning to the woman; it is the primary role of the man. But when situation calls for it and the woman is compelled to earn a living or advance her career, Islam allows it but then, the society must consider the cost because everything comes with a cost.”

http://www.punchng.com/shocker-tales-of-men-women-seeking-divorce-over-sex-starvation/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by SUPERPACK: 11:24am On Jan 30, 2016
ok
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by crackhaus: 11:39am On Jan 30, 2016
I'm yet to understand how a woman will starve me of sex and I will start crying and begging her for it or even threatening her with divorce.

We will simply live together the rest of our lives as friends in peace while I get it somewhere else...
Yea I know, that's an immoral and inconsiderate thing to do...but a woman starving her man of sex is even more immoral and inconsiderate - there's a special place in hell designed to accommodate women who do that gringrin

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by Ishilove: 12:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
Note to self: beans, vegetables, fish, nuts, fruits, especially water melon...

Issokaay! cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by Adesiji77: 12:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ishilove:

Issokaay! cheesy

I trust you will notice that tongue grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by kennyman2000(m): 12:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hmmmmm...
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by Hajisanni: 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
Why starve your partner sex though Chai, end time marriage
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by MrPetex(m): 1:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
I have ntn to say
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by Burger01(m): 1:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
smiley
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by simplemach(m): 1:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
konji wahala.
if girl stay your house for two days, na there you go know say to phuck na big work. I no blame people wen no fit DO am everyday jare, the thing no easy.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by pretydiva(f): 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
If christ is not made d foundation of any marriage, dat marriage can never stand. Invite christ into ur home today n see a positive turn around

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by Dandeson1(m): 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
I don't need your pusssy bitch I gat my own dicck- kanye west ..... why is the man complaining when he can travel to eritrea and marry 2 wifes

5 Likes

Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by henrydadon(m): 1:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
some people actually get married just for the sake of their sexual need..when they discover their pathner cant meet up with their demand they resort to divorce.
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by sukkot: 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
wink
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by onihaxy: 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
ok
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by KingsleyCEO: 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
This is why some men will always pull a Kanye and Orubebe at the same time on their wife.
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by Johnrake69: 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2016
WTF... End time wife
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by AishyWemsy(f): 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2016
Aditu ni oro yi. Who should we believe now? All in all I don't think this should lead to divorce. Though not easy, it should be a matter of forgiveness
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by MyLady11(m): 2:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hmmmm.
Life.
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by Bibors(m): 2:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
There are lots of factors affecting the current day naija man and families.
Almost every home have sex issues now but some homes are good at being able to conceal it.
Choices also differ, I am yet to see the naija guy man who doesn't/haven't cheat/ed.
Also all naija women are now taking to cheating too and calling it revenge.
Religion is only an opium now for the naija couples as they are holy in places of worship but jump out to cheat and revenge cheat.
Learn to live with your problems especially the ones you can't change and life will be easy to pass through.

1 Like

Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by shegxi(m): 2:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
I have tired......some go ask u weda sex na food wereas some are nt gettin enuf of it #lifeDrama

2 Likes

Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 30, 2016
You sex-starve me, I go out and get it somewhere else..... but there will be trouble if you complain about that.

You sex-starve me, I'll sex starve you....but there will be hell here on earth if you try getting it somewhere else.

SIMPLE.

So better not try sex starving me, cos you'll end up loosing the duel

3 Likes

Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by An0nimus: 2:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
Post too long. If you read every single line to the end I owe you one wheel barrow of garri to soak.
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by chimadabadtguy(m): 2:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
don't she ve junior ones
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by sukkot: 2:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
Freiden:
You sex-starve me, I go out and get it somewhere else..... but there will be trouble if you complain about that.

You sex-starve me, I'll sex starve you....but there will be hell here on earth if you try getting it somewhere else.

SIMPLE.

So better not try sex starving me, cos you'll end up loosing the duel
if you was doing it very well she wouldnt sex starve you na. all these men who cant yansh well and expect their wives to be yanshing them constantly sef. na wa oooo. if you eat bad food you go continue to dey eat am or you go avoid am ? undecided

8 Likes

Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by honeygirl17: 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
marriage without sex is hell, its like an engine without lubricant

2 Likes

Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by repogirl(f): 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
Na money dey always dey cause this kind fight fight.
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by Toks2008(m): 2:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ishilove:

Issokaay! cheesy

itumo?
Re: Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation by cynhamscakes(f): 2:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
I feel for the man ooo. Any man or woman deliberately starving his or her partner of sex should be ready to bear the consequences of such action. Imagine the torture.

Order for your very affordable wedding & birthday cakes. Send surprise cakes 2ur loved ones in Abuja.We deliver 2homes and offices. Call/whatsapp 07034794947, 08052874411, bb pin 531753fb. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Africa Really A Better Place to Raise A Child Than The Western World? / Pls Help A Nairalander's Baby Win Cussion's Baby Contest / Widow's Sons Arrested For Beating Her Young Boyfriend - VI, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.