Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' (35274 Views)

Muhammadu Buhari International Market, Karu, Nasarawa State To Be Commissioned / We Can’t Float Naira, Cbn Tells Imf / British Companies And Others Control Over US$1trillion Of Africa's Resources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by Ofunaofu: 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
ABUJA – A director with the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Alhaji Muhammadu Kabiru Nuhu-Koko,has attributed the slow pace of the country’s economic growth to unwillingness of Nigerians to dump selfish desires for national interest.

This came as he regretted that a large number of Nigerians were splashing huge sums of money on the Ghanaian economy, in their bid to seek western knowledge at the detriment of the growth of their country.

Nuhu-Koko, who said until there was a drastic change of attitudes, the country’s quest to find itself among the top 20 economies of the world remain a mere dream, said discipline instilled on him by the nation’s apex bank had made him not to live outside his income.

He spoke, yesterday, in Abuja, at the occasion of Sir Alhaji Ahmadu Bello Sardauna Platinum Leadership Award, conferred on him by a group under the aegis of Northern Youth Network, NYN.

Alhaji Nuhu-Koko, who is the Head, Project Planning and Implementation Division of the CBN, said he was in control of over N200 billion in his departmental budget but can’t boast of not only N20 million in his account but also a house of his own.

The development, he disclosed, was due to his belief that only patriotism can take the country to its desired destination, and charged Nigerians to think of the interest of their country first in all their dealings.

“As you see me here, I supervise projects over N200 billion but I don’t have N20 million on my own apart from the house that government sold to me and another one in Lugbe that the bank bought and sold to staff which they are deducting from source.

“I don’t have any property in Abuja here. In fact, there was a time my budget was N200 billion but I cannot pass through here and you see a billionaire, not at all.

“That shows you the discipline we have in that system. So, we have set standard that if that standard would be a doubted across board, Nigeria will go places, “he said.

He charged Nigerians to think of investing home rather than outside the shores of the country, according to him, such development would create wealth for the nation.

Addressing the northern youths, he said:” Nigerians are spending billions of naira in training their children outside this country. In Ghana alone, the amount of money Nigerians spend in training their children is more than the budget of the National Universities Commission, NUC.

”All the budget of NUC is for the Nigerian universities. Now, the budget of NUC is not up to the amount Nigerians spend in training their children in Ghana.

”I am telling you this story as youths so that if you find yourselves in position one day, you can change things.”

While responding for request of the president of the organization, Comrade Mike Msuaah, that he should use his position t influence the bank to assist persons displaced by Boko Haram, in the North East part of the country, he said the Governor of CBN, had since dispatched a team of people to meet the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA ,to discuss areas of intervention.

“Concerning the IDPs, I am proud to inform you that the governor of Central Bank of Nigeria has sent teams to go round the IDPs, to go to NEMA, to ask for their needs so as to intervene and very soon, you will see the result from the CBN, “he said.

He enjoined the youths to work assiduously for the continuous peace and unity of the country, saying they must stand against any force that seek to divide the country.

Earlier, President, Northern Youth Network, Mike Msuaah, said the award on Alhaji Nuhu-Koko, was due to his undying passion for Nigeria,financial transparency,youth development and societal transformation of the country.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/i-control-over-n200-bn-but-cant-build-a-house-cbn-director-laments/

4 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
There's always a difference when God Himself blesses you!

Meanwhile for the dilector...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by Topccy007: 2:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by littlelion(m): 2:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
Your home is not on earth

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by toyeoye(m): 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
your reward is in heaven alhaji

20 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by Dedetwo(m): 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
This is another northerner who occupied a sensitive position in Nigeria that now attempts to shift the blame of Nigeria's socio-politico-economic woes to the general public. You, Alhjai Nuhu-Koko, and fellow northerners have driven Nigeria to bare wheels with no tires and I suggest you spare us this silly lamentation. Nigeria has become a piece of junk due to the reckless mannerism of leaders from northern region of Nigeria that steered the progression of the dumbass country for more than three decades.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by Flashh: 2:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
People who sells pepper on the street and in the market build their own house. So what is this one talking about?

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by hungryboy(m): 2:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
And why should we believe you without proof Alhaji?,
Even giving us your banking details won't do cos you might be using proxies to hide your wealth or you have a safe room where you keep your money at home.

16 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
Flashh:
People who sells pepper on the street and in the market build their own house. So what is the one talking about?
U dey mind am? So we shld start clapping that he couldn't build himself a house??

Women no go let am see road build house na

29 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by rusher14: 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nigerians would never believe you.

Many cannot understand how one might be the custodian of public funds without being the key beneficiary. It is not in our nature I guess.

Only your conscience can speak for you.

We need honest Nigerians desperately.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by uboma(m): 3:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
Flashh:
People who sells pepper on the street and in the market build their own house. So what is this one talking about?

the man is obviously a dumb fellow.

He claims not to have a house of his own but later listed 2 houses (one in Lugbe) which he acquired from the proceeds of his salary. Where else would the money to acquire the 2 properties come from? And is Lugbe not part of Abuja for him to say he has no house in Abuja.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by uboma(m): 3:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ofunaofu:
A director with the Central Bank of Nigeria,
CBN, Alhaji Muhammadu Kabiru Nuhu-Koko,has
attributed the slow pace of the country's economic
growth to unwillingness of Nigerians to dump
selfish desires for national interest.
This came as he regretted that a large number of
Nigerians were splashing huge sums of money on
the Ghanaian economy, in their bid to seek western
knowledge at the detriment of the growth of their
country.
Nuhu-Koko, who said until there was a drastic
change of attitudes, the country's quest to find itself
among the top 20 economies of the world remain a
mere dream, said discipline instilled on him by the
nation's apex bank had made him not to live
outside his income.
He spoke, yesterday, in Abuja, at the occasion of Sir
Alhaji Ahmadu Bello Sardauna Platinum Leadership
Award, conferred on him by a group under the aegis
of Northern Youth Network, NYN.
Alhaji Nuhu-Koko, who is the Head, Project
Planning and Implementation Division of the CBN,
said he was in control of over N200 billion in his
departmental budget but can't boast of not only N20
million in his account but also a house of his own.
The development, he disclosed, was due to his
belief that only patriotism can take the country to
its desired destination, and charged Nigerians to
think of the interest of their country first in all their
dealings.
"As you see me here, I supervise projects over
N200 billion but I don't have N20 million on my
own apart from the house that government sold to
me and another one in Lugbe that the bank bought
and sold to staff which they are deducting from
source.
"I don't have any property in Abuja here. In fact,
there was a time my budget was N200 billion but I
cannot pass through here and you see a billionaire,
not at all.
"That shows you the discipline we have in that
system. So, we have set standard that if that
standard would be a doubted across board, Nigeria
will go places, "he said.
He charged Nigerians to think of investing home
rather than outside the shores of the country,
according to him, such development would create
wealth for the nation.
Addressing the northern youths, he said:" Nigerians
are spending billions of naira in training their
children outside this country. In Ghana alone, the
amount of money Nigerians spend in training their
children is more than the budget of the National
Universities Commission, NUC.
''All the budget of NUC is for the Nigerian
universities. Now, the budget of NUC is not up to
the amount Nigerians spend in training their children
in Ghana.
''I am telling you this story as youths so that if you
find yourselves in position one day, you can change
things."
While responding for request of the president of the
organization, Comrade Mike Msuaah, that he should
use his position t influence the bank to assist
persons displaced by Boko Haram, in the North
East part of the country, he said the Governor of
CBN, had since dispatched a team of people to
meet the National Emergency Management Agency,
NEMA ,to discuss areas of intervention.
"Concerning the IDPs, I am proud to inform you that
the governor of Central Bank of Nigeria has sent
teams to go round the IDPs, to go to NEMA, to ask
for their needs so as to intervene and very soon,
you will see the result from the CBN, "he said.
He enjoined the youths to work assiduously for the
continuous peace and unity of the country, saying
they must stand against any force that seek to
divide the country.
Earlier, President, Northern Youth Network, Mike
Msuaah, said the award on Alhaji Nuhu-Koko, was
due to his undying passion for Nigeria,financial
transparency,youth development and societal
transformation of the country.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/i-control-over-n200-bn-but-cant-build-a-house-cbn-director-laments/
Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by looseweight: 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Don't form GEJ who had no shoes or GMB who had no house during their reign.

Am not saying you should corrupt yourself with the funds at your disposal but if you are prudent in spending, you ought to get a house for yourself by now...

BTW, He forgot to tell us his take home every month...

For more information about how to get flat tummy, click on my signature or profile

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by costandi(m): 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nigeria, a place where not being corrupt is an achievement sad

13 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by yanabasee(m): 6:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
Lemme read first!
Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by powerfulsettingz: 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
Story for the gods
Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by raayah(f): 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2016

“As you see me here, I supervise projects over N200 billion but I don’t have N20 million on my own apart from the house that government sold to me and another one in Lugbe that the bank bought and sold to staff which they are deducting from source.

Very misleading!

According to sources online, Nigeria has 117 places of higher institution ( 1 in Nigeria , assuming each school takes in 5000 students a year on average.e, only 585000 students get admission. Jamb takes about 1.5 million students a year. So even if all universities in Nigeria take full capacity of 5000, there are still at least a million students willing to get an education.

What should this extra 1 million a year students do? Wait and try again and join the next batch, higher numbers? some of them have to migrate to other countries where it is possible to get higher education.

The former government tried to add universities to the country but not sure about this government.

I am not even going to touch on the standards of the institutions. We all know that one.

Until the government builds more universities, and increases the standard of education, students will keep going out of the country to get an education.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by Emekamex(m): 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
There will always be corruption if we keep allowing politicians have direct access to public funds just like this man in charge of 200 billion.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by Trone: 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
So? You expecting us to contribute? Gerrarahere joor!
Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by idrisalomagold(m): 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
Madness of the highest order.
Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by dan55: 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
Really
Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
Sir u only control it, it's not yours. Is Like plenty corn in a bottle in d eye of a big fowl.
But sir ur salary can build u a good house if u are nt a reckless spender.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by henrydadon(m): 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
let him touch a single cent of that money he will surely find him self behind EFCC bars..the fear of Efcc during Buhari tenure is the beginning of wisdom...better for him to lament now that he has his freedom than for him to lament behind bars

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by viktor01(m): 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
We have heard stories meant to earn trust and sympathy like this before from Buhari so spare us all these lies.
What are we suppose to do BTW? Maybe we should start making donations to build you a house.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by KingsleyCEO: 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
another version of Buhari's story.

3 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by stanbuggy(m): 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
Clown
Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by wristbangle: 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
Big liar
Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by RedCapChief(m): 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
This man already has two houses

Besides, if a CBN director can't save/invest money to build a house, then he doesn't have my sympathy.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by orijintv(m): 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
You No Get Moni To Build House ?? God Punish Yu And Ur Generation For This Obvious Lie Wey U Just Lie So undecided
Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
Scrap Jamb and watch the education sector come alive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by otokx(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
This man is a big joker, he has 2 Houses and what is he saying?

4 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' by BaddieKay(f): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
K

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Now 63rd, Elon Musk Tops 100 Billionaires Ranking / Obi Cubana Pays Homage To Arthur Eze In Ukpo Anambra: Video / 8 Best Fiverr Gigs That Will Make You $3,000 In 2 Months 100% Guarantee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.