Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

I Bought Shares But Haven't Recieved Any Certificates - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / I Bought Shares But Haven't Recieved Any Certificates (1023 Views)

Email Frauds Thread... Post Scam Mails You Have Recieved Here / Which Nigerian Stocks Have You Bought Or Sold? / Intercontinental Bank Share Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bought Shares But Haven't Recieved Any Certificates by ogbus: 4:19am On Jun 30, 2009
i bought shares more than a year ago and still has not received any certificates. So i want to verify the veracity of the transaction if i have not been duped. How then can i do the verification?
Re: I Bought Shares But Haven't Recieved Any Certificates by naijacutee(f): 7:09am On Jun 30, 2009
What is the point of asking for answers to be sent to your e-mail? What if someone sends you a message and attempts to dupe you again? Isn't it better for all responses to be put out here for the whole world to see, so others in the same dilemma would be able to rub minds with you, and also those who have had success with the company can testify also.
Re: I Bought Shares But Haven't Recieved Any Certificates by ogbus: 8:34am On Jun 30, 2009
thanks very much,it did not even cross my mind to have help placed openly on the forum.please all answers to be on the forum.
Re: I Bought Shares But Haven't Recieved Any Certificates by IFELEKE(m): 10:23am On Jun 30, 2009
@Poster
What company's share did you buy?Maybe I could Help Out.
Re: I Bought Shares But Haven't Recieved Any Certificates by eruchi: 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2009
Please dear nairalanders i've also got the same issue. i bought firstbank shares in the 2007 IPO my colleagues also did.
everyone else has gotten either their share certificate or share dividend but, i've not heard a word.
I've been to First Regeistrers twice here in p.h the guy there said my name is not on the data base so he can't help. i'd really appreciate your assistance.
thanks.
Re: I Bought Shares But Haven't Recieved Any Certificates by IFELEKE(m): 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2009
@eruchi
Definately something is wrong somewhere.
Do you have evidence of payment/photocopy of the form you filled with you?
If yes, where did you effect that payment?
Let me have answers to these questions before I proffer solutions.
Re: I Bought Shares But Haven't Recieved Any Certificates by atilla(m): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2009
If you have problems with certificate/dividend in order for people to help you, please post

1. The company you have problem with
2. year of public offer
3. if you have photocopy of application form or receipt from the bank/ company/receiving agent
4. Where/who you submitted the application form to.

@eruchi do you have photocopy of application form and where did you submit this application form.
@ogbus, you have to post all details so people will know how to advice you!
Re: I Bought Shares But Haven't Recieved Any Certificates by eruchi: 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
Ii was the IPO of First Bank around march/ april 2007. i have the teller of marina branch of first bank. the forms were sent through DHL cos a number of my colleagues also bought the same time with me. i can also get the photocopy of the form too. The payment was processed thru rumukwurushi branch in port harcourt.
i've taken the teller to the bank and the acknowledged the payment. tahnks for the concern i hope it will be fruitful.
Re: I Bought Shares But Haven't Recieved Any Certificates by atilla(m): 9:06am On Jul 02, 2009
Let me ask you one question, Whose account did you pay the money into? Stock broker, agent, friends acct, bank?

You can go to the registrars with a photocopy of your application form and a copy of the bank teller. Make sure you go with photocopies and try to keep the originals unless they give u a stamped copy when collecting from you.

With the application form they will be able to search for your application using different details on your form because during that offer they made a lot of mistakes on the names on certificates so the guy could have been searching for the wrong name. Do you understand what I mean? For example instead of searching for Eruchi maybe your name on the system is Erychi. If they still cant find your name then ask them how you will go about getting your money refunded.

Do this then get back to us on the outcome. Good luck.
Re: I Bought Shares But Haven't Recieved Any Certificates by eruchi: 9:54am On Jul 02, 2009
Atilla thanks for your help i'll try tis step and hope it gets me some good result. i paid into First Bank account not a friends a/c anyway.

(1) (Reply)

How To Company Shares! / Abuja Car Owners / How To Make Money Per Seconds Per Seconds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.