Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times (17086 Views)

Facebook, Google, Others Confirm Nigeria’s Requests For User Information / Buhari Has Practically Done Nothing To Grow Nigeria’s Economy - Financial Times / Financial Times calls Nigeria's economic approach the height of foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by emmalexabl(m): 11:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
president bubu is more confused than this my physics lecturer...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by emmalexabl(m): 11:12pm On Jan 31, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by lordcornel(m): 11:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
I need my own share....
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by TimeManager(m): 11:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
The government is still operating within the range of external borrowings as proposed in the budget. IMF officials do not manage those loans for us, we mismanaged them ourselves and with this government, i could go to sleep with my two eyes closed. I had to fend off the temptation of buttwhipping the last administration for her debt accumulation, most of all on recurrents. PMB need not be distracted by the wailing buffoons, we shall break them off.
The truth has spoken!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by talktimi(m): 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=AbuMaryam1 post=42505191][s]We trust the head of the government, no more ATM Dusuki. Handcuffs and shake is still existing. No shaking Buhari carry go.[/[/s]quote] grin typical

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by asEdeyHOT: 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
Descartes:
[s]Risky shocked shocked

Kemi Adeosun is a clueless, crude and incompetent Finance Minister who lacks the will and expertise to steer the sinking mono-economy of zoogeria in this trying time.
She should resign now or get sacked[/s].

Nonsense

What did your sister, Iweala do with the money she had?

She shared it with all her friends

Now let the real financial experts deal with her mess

Go and play somewhere and watch how real bosses move.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by InvertedHammer: 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
/
By the time they are done with Nigeria, it will be 1$ = N1,000.

When Lagarde visited Nigeria, I knew that "Economic hitmen" are on the prowl.

Goods will be priced in at 1$ = N300 from next month and the economic mismanagement sins of GEJ will come to surface.

Common oil in their backyard, freaking Nigerians cannot refine in this 2016.

Kudos to Nigerians whose lot in life is pursuit of happiness and mundane materials.

Colossal waste of brains! Nigeria is a true reflection of Blacks mentality.

\

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Good one. Lets see if this cash can eliminate insurgency in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by osusuallstars: 11:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
please world bank reject the begger , he will use it to buy cows from kenya

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by anonimi: 11:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
Obiagelli:
Why won't we borrow, saudi arabia' external reserves is $600 billion, Algeria has $155 billion, yet they have better infranstructure than ours.

Pity Nigeria

How much has Buhari RECOVERED since May 29 from all his STORIES of fighting the corruption of OTHERS and the voluntary returns he claims were made to him?
How much
It should fill up the gap of fallen crude price, not so since he has not stabilised oil price as he promised in FeBuhari grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3117154_img20151105161420_jpeg007b05bfa49c09b43abe5bc42f0158c1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837478_apczombie_jpeg18e83b86a22c6378b2e3f37984ea3432

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by emzila(m): 11:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
thundafire:
HAHAHHAAHAH cc mny after u will blame GEJ 4 helping u mismanage dy budget but u lack complete ideology in ruling naija i guess u taught u wer in ur daura town filled with almajiris PMB u re a failure by dy tym we approach 2018 u will borrow upto a trillion nd still blame past gov.
who do u think we should blame before? when oil was sold for $110plus per barrel what did Jonathan do? Saudi Arabia and other oil exporting nations are facing the same challenge Nigeria is facing but because they saved during d oil price boom, they are able to absorb the shock from oil price burst. if you don't know how the economy works, keep your mouth shot and ask people to explain to you. we have meager foreign reserve to fall back on. the question you should be asking is that what possible would Nigeria have been if Jonathan had won the last election. just like saraki said, I am not worried about the loan but about its uses.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by TimeManager(m): 11:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
We seek to diversify, but buffons are wailing export restrictions,
We probing to recover stolen funds, buffoons are wailing rule of law,
We borrowing to finance, buffoons yet again wailing more debt profile. There is only but one thing contained in their handout, & that's; wail, wail & wail.
The truth has spoken!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by emzila(m): 11:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
Obiagelli:
Why won't we borrow, saudi arabia' external reserves is $600 billion, Algeria has $155 billion, yet they have better infranstructure than ours.

Pity Nigeria
God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by emmalexabl(m): 11:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

Nonsense

What did your sister, Iweala do with the money she had?

She shared it with all her friends

Now let the real financial experts deal with her mess

Go and play somewhere and watch how real bosses move.

Lets not allow bigotry and nepotism becloud our judgement...
Adeosun is very green and naive
And she knows she is there on sufferance...
Its just a matter of time before GMB kicks her out and appoint a northerner...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by id911(m): 11:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
Over 6 Trillion budget, Capital exp. only 30%, recurrent a whooping 70%, 37% deficit, meaning we will borrow over 2 Trillion to finance the budget while the capital exp of 30% is less than over 2 trillion we will be borrowing.

This is the worst thing I have seen or heard since 1960 and yet all the economists, financial experts, professors and media houses in this country have all gone dumb. Smh

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by F22RAPTOR(m): 11:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
officially...things are on a downward spiral

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
APC IS DOIN ALL THY CAN TO RECOVER THEIR EXPENSES

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by Achuwa1(m): 11:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
Let Tinubu borrow Nigeeia na.
Afterall,it is his party APC tht is in power & he stole in excess during his regime as Lagos state governor & after his regime..
we will payback when oil price goes high & also compensate him by voting APC again,,,maybe not presidency again coz APC cannot manage the country,but we will give him some pdp states in the north to join to the already apc state tht they will win in 2019.
coz its very obvious Apc wount win 2019 presidency

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
Please somebody educate me. Where does this World Bank get their money from? Other developed countries right? Are these developed countries not in debt, as a matter of fact one of its sponsors, the USA, is trillions of dollars in debt. How can a debt ridden country, supply money it does not have to a World Bank, who in turn supplies it to an undisciplined underdeveloped country that does what with it exactly? NOTHING! Anytime I hear World Bank I sit back and watch the show like a movie, keep fooling yourselves!

Sheep!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by Eluwilussit(m): 11:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
psucc:
I can recalled an article that said 'when world bank visits, tears follows'. This was the primary reason of the World Bank President's' visit. But our govt were busy denying it just like OBJ denied his third term plot at the beginning.

Sincerely, the said budget has no inbuilt mechanism that will stimulate the economy as it is the usual 80-20 Recurrent-Capital stuff.

For goodness sake, what stops us from cutting out coat according to our size?

"No. Why should they cut our coat according to our size? We are still maintaining all the presidential fleets. Aso kitchen is still costing over a billion naira a year. Upper and lower houses still need over 3 billion naira for exotic cars."

Ajala just touched down. Maybe all this waka waka no dey cost tax payers money. Shameless govt.

Did I read something about stimulating the economy? What a stupid suggestion. Na wa o. The govt stopped importation of a lot of items and withdrew dollar from circulation, putting external businesses in dire straits, yet it claims to be stimulating the economy. How?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by Truckpusher(m): 11:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Obiagelli:

Pity Nigeria
Woe betides the man that will end up with you....smh

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by onatisi(m): 11:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
I have already said what will happen grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by Gora12: 11:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
By the time they are done with Nigeria, it will be 1$ = N1,000.

When Lagarde visited Nigeria, I knew that "Economic hitmen" are on the prowl.

Goods will be priced in at 1$ = N300 from next month and the economic mismanagement sins of GEJ will come to surface.

Common oil in their backyard, freaking Nigerians cannot refine in this 2016.

Kudos to Nigerians whose lot in life is pursuit of happiness and mundane materials.

Colossal waste of brains! Nigeria is a true reflection of Blacks mentality.

\
I tell u my broda the thing dey pain me no be small

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by koko2000: 11:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
Like it is unexpected? Right?

When The buffoon called Jonathan spent all the nation's finances to fund his failed second term aspirations

Nigeria is a mono economy and the oil we depend on is currently almost valueless, so what are the options?

Borrow and use the money judiciously

God bless Buhari

As judicious as the budget of 80 to 20 in support of recurrent expenditures. It is a pity.
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by bxcode(m): 11:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

When The buffoon called Jonathan spent all the nation's finances to fund his failed second term aspirations

Nigeria is a mono economy and the oil we depend on is currently almost valueless, so what are the options?

God bless Buhari
Just listen to yourself, borrow and use the money the money judiciously on what exactly?
Smh

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by Ibime(m): 11:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

God bless Buhari

You said it all.

Many Nigerians are fools and just like to rant upandan. Instead of going to hold Fortunato and his colleagues who stole all the reserves when the going was good and left nothing for the rainy day, they will be ranting like uneducated baboons.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
LordVarys:

https://next.ft.com/content/aeb1a978-c832-11e5-be0b-b7ece4e953a0

If there's a God this request will be soundly denied.

It's time to sash up our belts and stop borrowing.
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by asEdeyHOT: 12:02am On Feb 01, 2016
Ibime:

You said it all.

Many Nigerians are fools and just like to rant upandan. Instead of going to hold Fortunato and his colleagues who stole all the reserves when the going was good and left nothing for the rainy day, they will be ranting like uneducated baboons.

Thanks sir
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by ZUBY77(m): 12:16am On Feb 01, 2016
psucc:
I can recalled an article that said 'when world bank visits, tears follows'. This was the primary reason of the World Bank President's' visit. But our govt were busy denying it just like OBJ denied his third term plot at the beginning.

Sincerely, the said budget has no inbuilt mechanism that will stimulate the economy as it is the usual 80-20 Recurrent-Capital stuff.

For goodness sake, what stops us from cutting out coat according to our size?

Dont mind them. You have a budget that maintains 2 billion food for one man and billions for private jets and you are borrowing money.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by macaranta(m): 12:22am On Feb 01, 2016
Oil has really made us lazy..so when you can't fund your budget,your next action is to borrow?
Smh
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by Ugosample(m): 12:24am On Feb 01, 2016
id911:
Over 6 Trillion budget, Capital exp. only 30%, recurrent a whooping 70%, 37% deficit, meaning we will borrow over 2 Trillion to finance the budget while the capital exp of 30% is less than over 2 trillion we will be borrowing.

This is the worst thing I have seen or heard since 1960 and yet all the economists, financial experts, professors and media houses in this country have all gone dumb. Smh

This is sad
Re: Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times by odogwu125: 12:27am On Feb 01, 2016
I just de laf these yeye yorubas and dia poor job defending Dull.ardinho.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians React Over Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Attack. / Soldiers Deployed To Stop Benue-Ebonyi Boundary Clash / Soludo Inaugurates Construction Of Drug Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.