Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness (27169 Views)

Sunday Oliseh Appointed As Head Coach Of Fortuna Sittard (Dutch Club) / Kanu Nwankwo And Oliseh Mourn Amodu / Sunday Oliseh At Bayern Munich Stadium ( Allianz Arena) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by zone20: 6:56am On Feb 01, 2016
THERE has been so much speculation and guess work on the na­ture of Coach Sunday Oliseh’s illness that there are even insinua­tions that it could be the “handiwork of his en­emies”

Since he assumed of­fice as coach of the Su­per Eagles, the former Super Eagles star has­dnot spent quality time with the team due to an ailment that had seen him going in and out of hospital

On Sunday we report­ed that the coach who led the Eagles to a disas­trous outing in Rwanda did not come back with the team because of what close associates termed “fear for his life”

Today, Daily Sun­Sports can exclusively report that if Coach Oliseh was a player, he would not have been signed by Nigeria for “chronic injury” prob­lems.

A very authoritative source told us yester­day that the NFF did not investigate properly before signing Oliseh as he is “not fit”

“During the World Cup in Brazil, Oliseh was part of the techni­cal study group, yet he did not write down one sentence because he was reported ill while he was in Brazil.

His colleagues virtu­ally helped him to write his report.

“At one stage he was vomiting so much that we thought he will die. It was okay for us to ask him to take time out to treat himself while cov­er up for him.

“Am sure the NFF did not know he was not medically fit, if not they would not have gone for him, “our source insisted.

This exclusive rev­elation has put paid to insinuations by sympa­thizers who laid his ill­ness on the doorstep of “enemies” who want to eliminate him from the national team job.

With CHAN out of the way and the Na­tions Cup preliminar­ies in March, the NFF will need a fit Oliseh to take charge of the chal­lenging double header against Egypt.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/r-e-v-e-a-l-e-d-the-truth-about-olisehs-illness/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 01, 2016
Ok
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by bewla(m): 7:15am On Feb 01, 2016
juju
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by AdemolaA2: 9:40am On Feb 01, 2016
Nigerians and sentiments are like bread and butter .. What enemies is Mr Oliseh talking about here.. '' All I see is GREED. You are unfit for the job , then resign or be sacked . simple!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by chykmoni(m): 9:41am On Feb 01, 2016
I thought before you get any job, you must go for your medical to check if you are fit for the task ahead. NFF needed a replacement of Keshi at all cost. IMO Keshi seems to know better than Oliseh. NFF the "confusionist"

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by looseweight: 9:41am On Feb 01, 2016
Its not sin if someone is sick...I wish him quick recovery.....
Care to loose some pounds of fat using natural supplement, click the link in my profile for more information

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by Gkemz: 9:41am On Feb 01, 2016
If he's not capable of handling the position of a coach, he should have rejected the promising offer right from onset. Being a good player during his time doesn't necessarily suggest he's gonna perform wonderfully well on coaching side.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by dguizman(m): 9:41am On Feb 01, 2016
Ok we have heard,but he sha failed @ chan
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by Psalm18: 9:42am On Feb 01, 2016
The 'truth' is just more conjectures and guess work.

With the way, the SUN worded the headline, I was expecting the actual name of the illness.

Sensationalism is thy name, Sun newspaper.

Oliseh should be asked to step aside based on compassionate grounds.
He is clearly not the best fit for the eagles.
I just pray he is now humbled to realise the hard work Keshi put in place to win the afcon.

8 Likes

Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by Seequadry(m): 9:42am On Feb 01, 2016
may God help him....
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by kceewhyte(m): 9:43am On Feb 01, 2016
I wish u quick recovery Oliseh

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by GboyegaD(m): 9:43am On Feb 01, 2016
Why then did he put in for the position? Greed is in our DNA.
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 01, 2016
Ogun laye

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by BTT(m): 9:44am On Feb 01, 2016
Leave truth matter, give me the facts.
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by rawpadgin(m): 9:44am On Feb 01, 2016
cool
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by Alison7777(f): 9:44am On Feb 01, 2016
Oga sunday, u don fail. Go repackage
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by nikkiking(m): 9:44am On Feb 01, 2016
Nff don come again.
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by Wizdray: 9:45am On Feb 01, 2016
Hmmmm Truly his enemies are at work May God heal Him..
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by Walelavender(m): 9:45am On Feb 01, 2016
Amaju Pinnick should be held responsible. We can't afford to miss out at the Nation's cup next year. Fire Oliseh now!
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by justmenoni: 9:45am On Feb 01, 2016
Fuji

bewla:
juju
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by mkoabiola: 9:46am On Feb 01, 2016
Which kind junk journalism b ds.
Which one b enemies for d sickness
Wat is d nature of hs sickness?
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by totorimi: 9:47am On Feb 01, 2016
He looks sickly
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 01, 2016
Black man.

White man can never hide his illness no matter how highly placed in the society.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by NaLaugh: 9:47am On Feb 01, 2016
I see.
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by diasporaman(m): 9:47am On Feb 01, 2016
Which kind story be this for this new month

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by mediachirps(m): 9:48am On Feb 01, 2016
He denied his origin.
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by dampraise(m): 9:48am On Feb 01, 2016
Gkemz:
If he's not capable of handling the position of a coach, he should have rejected the promising offer right from onset. Being a good player during his time doesn't necessarily suggest he's gonna perform wonderfully well on coaching side.
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by ayusco85(m): 9:48am On Feb 01, 2016
Ok
chykmoni:
I thought before you get any job, you must go for your medical to check if you are fit for the task ahead. NFF needed a replacement of Keshi at all cost. IMO Keshi seems to know better than Oliseh. NFF the "confusionist"

NFF will regret sacking Keshi. Day go soon break for dem
Re: The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness by ilyas26(m): 9:49am On Feb 01, 2016
He should resign honourably since he has health issues. There's no need to drag nigeria down the drain bcoz he's sick

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFCON 2019: CAF Takes Final Decision On Use Of VAR / 14 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids / Joe Erico "Jogo Bonito" Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.