Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Warning: Parvo On The Rise - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Warning: Parvo On The Rise (1334 Views)

Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy / I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo / My Wonderful Dog Taken Away By Parvo :( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning: Parvo On The Rise by Prodeegee(m): 7:13am On Feb 01, 2016
The weather out there isn't friendly to human, and of course to our dogs too. This is the season when parvo is rampant (november-march).

I have received several calls on dogs throwing up frequently or having bloody diarrhea. Please one you notice you dog stops eating or throws up or is feeling weak don't hesitate to call your vet.

Isolate any dog that has signs of parvo.

Parvo, if caught early can always be treated.

Be safe; Have a pleasant week.

4 Likes

Re: Warning: Parvo On The Rise by xreal: 8:31am On Feb 01, 2016
Thanks for the info and awareness.
Re: Warning: Parvo On The Rise by Prodeegee(m): 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
It is important to give your puppies vitamin C syrup, if you have puppies at home. This helps them fight infection. Also ensure the vaccinations are up to date.

2 Likes

Re: Warning: Parvo On The Rise by philfrey08: 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
pARVO cases is on the rise in Ibadan
Re: Warning: Parvo On The Rise by megastu(m): 2:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
It killed a puppy i just bought and also affected my two adult dogs but they survived.
Re: Warning: Parvo On The Rise by philfrey08: 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
megastu:
It killed a puppy i just bought and also affected my two adult dogs but they survived.

My adult caucasian has all her hairs gone....Can this be Parvo or Minge?
Re: Warning: Parvo On The Rise by Seun(m): 2:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
How is it treated?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warning: Parvo On The Rise by philfrey08: 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
Seun:
How is it treated?

Im currently treating mine at the Vet teaching hospital in Unibadan as all private owners are rejecting parvo cases.

Its all drip things.They try manage the disease by treating the symptoms
Re: Warning: Parvo On The Rise by Prodeegee(m): 9:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
Seun:
How is it treated?
parvo can't be treated. Can only be managed.

Catching it early is the key to your pups survival. So once ur dog stops eating and has diarrhea, call your vet immediately.
Re: Warning: Parvo On The Rise by BomboyOnline: 11:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
philfrey08:

My adult caucasian has all her hairs gone....Can this be Parvo or Minge?

Mange.

1 Like

Re: Warning: Parvo On The Rise by Stancrus(m): 11:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
Nice write up op mind you parvo virus has exactly the same symptoms with salmon poisoning so many people normally mistake salmon for parvo and vise varsa I have seen cases where even inexperienced vets mistake salmon poisoning for parvo virus and gave the puppy wrong medications we just have to be very careful and cautious to really understand the symptoms we see on our pets no doubt parvo is on the rise this season sadly I have two friends that lost there pet to parvo virus so sad they neva noticed it on time we all just have to be very carefull
Re: Warning: Parvo On The Rise by obidike1: 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
precautions- Wash the cage every 2weeks with hypo and ariel detergents. .....hypo has been tested to fight virus. Allow the cage to dry very well before u move ur pet in. It has worked for me. cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Massive boerbel Puppies For Sale / How To Convert Your Dog To A Police Detective (Reader's Discretion) / List Of Dog Breeds In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.