Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari (8511 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Lay Claim To Ownership Of Benue Valley, Vow To Mobilise Herdsmen / Militant Group Orders All Niger Deltans To Return Home, Declares War On Nigeria / Fuel Hike Makes Deltans To Pay Higher Price In Delta State Govt Urban Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by talktimi(m): 12:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
Translation

"the oil in the Niger delta belongs to those of us who fought civil war on the part of Nigeria and that's why we own most oil wells"

Papa Ajasco

7 Likes

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2016
Op, add this.

1 Like

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Adminisher: 1:05pm On Feb 01, 2016
Pidggin:
The Oil belongs to Niger Delta, if anyone feels otherwise they can go and take the oil without compensating our natives.

Your IQ is very low.
What do you think has been happening for the last 55 years?.
All the oil companies have made money and Nigeria has experienced billions in oil boom in the 70s, 80s and 2010 to 2015.
As we are talking the people who own the oil - all Nigerians and Oil companies like Shell/ExxonMobil and Total have been enjoying it.
It worries me when young people don't display intelligence. The oil has been taken already. Compensation has been paid at 13% . They called it derivation and I agree it is too low. The Niger Delta deserves more revenue. However it is important to think and talk intelligently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
Calebsky:

According to PUNCH, the President said those of them, who participated in the nation’s 30-month civil war that left millions of Nigerians dead, found the belief of Nigerians, who lived in oil-rich areas that the natural resources belonged to them, very irritating.

Addressing Nigerians in Addis Ababa at a town hall meeting President Buhari said, “The theft of oil by some Nigerians that happen to live there, who feel that the oil belongs to them and not the country, is an irritating thing for those of us, who participated in the civil war for 30 months in which at least two million Nigerians were killed''.

Did the president really say that? shocked

http://www.punchng.com/anti-corruption-war-judiciary-my-main-headache-says-buhari/

No wonder he wants to jail Nnamdi Kanu for questioning the age long slave-master arrangement

5 Likes

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
No nah North East get the oil.

Illiteracy nah disease.
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
eagleeye2:
grin Buhari their god.......... Nigeria is one when it comes to oil, but some people belongs to the 5% When it comes to development.

Let him keep contradicting himself..

Selfish bigot he is.

1 Like

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by ahaz: 1:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
Calebsky:

According to PUNCH, the President said those of them, who participated in the nation’s 30-month civil war that left millions of Nigerians dead, found the belief of Nigerians, who lived in oil-rich areas that the natural resources belonged to them, very irritating.

Addressing Nigerians in Addis Ababa at a town hall meeting President Buhari said, “The theft of oil by some Nigerians that happen to live there, who feel that the oil belongs to them and not the country, is an irritating thing for those of us, who participated in the civil war for 30 months in which at least two million Nigerians were killed''.

Niger deltans read between the lines and receive sense? if the tomato farmer in the north is free to own its tomatoes why should the oil in our region belong to everybody? if some individuals are mining gold in niger unchallanged why should i be arrested for tapping crude in my land? if lagos remains the yoruba asset why should my oil belong to Nigeria? now I knew that that the conspiracy against Niger delta was an age long project owing to objs land use decree that gave an hausa and yoruba man asses to my oil witj insults and impunity...that means we arw used like pawns ti defeat the igbos and tuen around to treat us like rags...ah, we nigdr deltans must wise up befor its too late.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by sanandreas(m): 1:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
do government benefit from solid minerals mined in the north. Can southerners lay claim to these solid minerals.I wonder for this trainee president. He does not think before gushing out words. come 2019 you will be rooted out. u dont have any plan for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by hurricaneChris: 2:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
Am waiting for the people of South South to come and comment on this.

1 Like

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by fastestfinger: 2:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adminisher:

The oil does not belong to the people of the Niger Delta. It belongs to Nigeria . This is clear and ongoing. Nigeria has abused the land of the Niger Delta people and should be paying rent for surface rights and access rights. However where the oil is ; in the deep dark bowels of the earth 2km down is not Niger Delta at all
The oil belongs to the FG by law and shared with the companies that risked billions of dollars to look for the oil and are keeping hardworking engineers and scientists busy 24/7 for years to produce it. That business takes years to even break even and start making profit.
your logic is terribly flawed.

"quic quid plantatur solo solo cedit"... Whoever owns the land owns what is beneath it and what is above it.

Why is it seen as a violation when an aircraft flies over a country's airspace without permission?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Ogbuefi2020: 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
cc TonyeBacanista.
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by MyGeneration(m): 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
The oil belongs to all if us, anybody who doesn't like it shud go nd die.
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by papaejima1: 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adminisher:

The oil does not belong to the people of the Niger Delta. It belongs to Nigeria . This is clear and ongoing. Nigeria has abused the land of the Niger Delta people and should be paying rent for surface rights and access rights. However where the oil is ; in the deep dark bowels of the earth 2km down is not Niger Delta at all
The oil belongs to the FG by law and shared with the companies that risked billions of dollars to look for the oil and are keeping hardworking engineers and scientists busy 24/7 for years to produce it. That business takes years to even break even and start making profit.
Clap for yourself.
Now tell me who owns the cows that feed on the free grass growing in the Niger Delta?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Plus10(m): 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
Imagine what a President of a nation said shm

3 Likes

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Adminisher: 3:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
fastestfinger:

"quic quid plantatur solo solo cedit"... Whoever owns the land owns what is beneath it and what is above it.

Why is it seen as a violation when an aircraft flies over a country's airspace without permission?
You have just given the correct example. No individual has right over airspace. Only federal government . No state government can assert right over air space. Meanwhile an individual can build a house as high as exactly where international civil aviation laws permit

1 Like

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Adminisher: 3:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
papaejima1:

Clap for yourself.
Now tell me who owns the cows that feed on the free grass growing in the Niger Delta?

Anything on the surface belongs to the individuals, state government, community, families . If you see anybody grazing on your land throw them out.

1 Like

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Adminisher: 3:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
sanandreas:
do government benefit from solid minerals mined in the north. Can southerners lay claim to these solid minerals.I wonder for this trainee president. He does not think before gushing out words. come 2019 you will be rooted out. u dont have any plan for Nigeria.

Yes. All the solid minerals they are mining illegally in the North belongs to the whole of Nigeria. Southerners can institute a class action suit to force the FG to clamp down on illegal miners within a time and we can claim damages for rights infringement and loss of economic value to an asset we co-own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Adminisher: 3:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
ahaz:
Niger deltans read between the lines and receive sense? if the tomato farmer in the north is free to own its tomatoes why should the oil in our region belong to everybody? if some individuals are mining gold in niger unchallanged why should i be arrested for tapping crude in my land? if lagos remains the yoruba asset why should my oil belong to Nigeria? now I knew that that the conspiracy against Niger delta was an age long project owing to objs land use decree that gave an hausa and yoruba man asses to my oil witj insults and impunity...that means we arw used like pawns ti defeat the igbos and tuen around to treat us like rags...ah, we nigdr deltans must wise up befor its too late.

Anybody mining in the north is a criminal. It is worse than oil theft and just as damaging. We should pressure FG to clampdown. Tomatoes and surface farming is not a good example. Nobody can take that from the individual or community. The issue is minerals.
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Kc3000: 3:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
irunooboo:
Yorubas own Lagos cos it is located in our region and besides Lagos is not a natural resources like oil and solid minerals. We worked hard to build Lagos into a mega city. No tribe can claim Lagos apart from we yorubas.

All Nigerians owns the oil in the Niger delta just like every Nigerian own the lagoon in Lagos.

Yeah, Yorubas built Lagos just like the Gwaris built Abuja.
One day, they'll also ask everyone to leave Abuja for them.

7 Likes

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Calebsky(m): 3:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
fastestfinger:

Bless your thoughts brotherly.

The oil belongs to the niger delta.

The legal standpoint.
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Adminisher: 5:16pm On Feb 01, 2016
Calebsky:

Bless your thoughts brotherly.

The oil belongs to the niger delta.

The legal standpoint.
Please explain legally why the Niger Delta State governments are not possessing the crude oil. Why have they not appropriated it.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by onyfrank: 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adminisher:

Thank you. Our first landlord in 1969 in Lagos was an Ibo man. Extremely hard working, living in Enugu . I still marvel at Nigeria as an old man now when I recall just 11 months after civil war a man like that could take his hard earned property and still be making money from it . No Yoruba man disturbed or stole Ibo properties like it happened in Porthar court. Most of the nice 3 and 4 star hotels in Abuja are owned by Ibos. It will be theirs for ever. I was in the thick forest of Ilara, Lagos State last month and low and behold a Bayelsa man was there talking about doing fish farming in partnership with the natives. No body can challenge you on surface land rights to farm or live if you have ownership

People are just LYING to you. Abeokuta people cannot hold Nigeria to ransom for cement that is coming from their land. It is the Federal Government property licensed to Dangote. Ajaoukuta, NigerIan should have been making $5bn every year from this if the project had worked . No Igbira or Okenne man can do rubbish.
Everything below SIX feet is the FG's.
c argument. tell ur FG to come and suck my stool na, bkus its even 20ft down in my toilet suckaway. Na their own, it almost filled up

3 Likes

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by murphyibiam15(m): 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
Calebsky:

seriously on this particular issue i think buhari is 100% correct....am an igbo guy but hpw can the niger deltans be blowing up pipelines of which themselves are also Nigerians...the oil is for all Nigerians abeg
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
PMB did not say this......
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Ariani: 6:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
the President said those of them, who participated in the nation’s 30-month civil war that left millions of Nigerians dead, found the belief of Nigerians, who lived in oil-rich areas that the natural resources belonged to them, very irritating.

Kikiki! Aha! Now you are talking. One Nigeria built on Crude oil. What happens when crude oil becomes useless? grin

4 Likes

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by Ariani: 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
PMB did not say this......

Your fellow Yorubas and Northerners are already looking for means to explain this Buhari statement away, and you are here doubting if he said so, like it would make any difference to you if he said so or not, since we all know that you will continue supporting him and see no wrong in this his statement, once you finally confirm he truly uttered them.

3 Likes

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by babyfaceafrica: 6:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
Ariani:

Your fellow Yorubas and Northerners are already looking for means to explain this Buhari statement away, and you are here doubting if he said so, like it would make any difference to you if he said so or not, since we all know that you will continue supporting him and see no wrong in this his statement, once you finally confirm he truly uttered them.
you said so....
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by MonPro: 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
"We killed the Easterners for oil and nothing else"- Benjamin Adekunle.

Hope those that claim SS can now see why kanu is right.

Can pro-Nigeria easterners now see the truth that kanu is forcing out of their mouths?

Make i siddon look.

3 Likes

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by MonPro: 7:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
Adminisher:

GOD will bless you for saying that. No educated Yoruba person will argue that. As a Yoruba man I dint even want Lagos for only Yorubas. It will devalue and subtract from the colour

Let's stop deceiving ourselves for the sake of 'one nigeria'. Even your Yoruba brothers will disagree with you. Deep down within you, you are playing pranks.

1 Like

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by MonPro: 7:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
NormalCodes:

http://www.punchng.com/anti-corruption-war-judiciary-my-main-headache-says-buhari/

No wonder he wants to jail Nnamdi Kanu for questioning the age long slave-master arrangement

Kanu is in for DARING TO QUESTION THE STATUS QUO WHERE ONE PART OF COUNTRY (FULANI) BELIEVES THEY OWN THE OTHER PARTS AND EVERYTHING IN IT ( THE REST OF US) AS WAR-BOOTY. I Pity any southerner or middle-beltan fighting and mocking kanu.

Check out the list of oil well owner 87% are all from the north and many fought the oil war against the East. From Danjuma to IBB to Abacha's family (Who Buhari believe was never corrupt).

Buhari believes Abacha was not corrupt because Abach was among those that fought and won the oil war, therefore he deserves to loot as much as he want. But how dare Ibori, GEJ, Tompolo and other NDeltan slaves touch their (fulani) oil booty without permission from the Fulani masters.

This is what kanu have been preaching, thank God it came from Buhari's mouth this time.

When the tape of farouk claiming that bayelsa's oil belong to jigawa came out, Barcanista called it IPob propaganda, i shook my head and pitied him. When an hausa/fulani says he owns your oil, he is speaking the mind of the Sultan and every northern leader. This is what they tell themselves in their mosques up north.

5 Likes

Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by MonPro: 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
sanandreas:

You really think Buhari will relinquish power easily? A fulani man? Why do you think he engineering the exit of Nigeria from ICC? You were used during the election, you've been DUPED AND DUMPED. Fulani will only leave power by the barrel of the gun. The south and the middle-belt must start thinking and very fast too.
Re: Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari by BraniacX(m): 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
[size=30]PRESIDENT BUHARI!!! YOU ARE VERY VERY VERY MAD ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY MAD!![/size] if this statement credited to you is true indeed may GOD that created us punish you personally and your daura security services unceasingly you think your hausa fulani parasites were the only ones who fought and bled in the civil war? many towns and clansmen of mine from delta state fought and died under incompetent generals of the Nigerian army and a spineless quota system product like you who should never have made officer in a sane society when qualified o'level holders like my parents cousins and siblings had to fight, die and grind their way painstakingly up a quota system enshrined, nepotic and tribalistic military that promoted illiterate incompetents like you and raised you to limelight dares lay claim to Niger Delta oil!! Niger delta oil belongs to Niger Deltans and all the dantatas ndimis alakijas and what not that say otherwise are free to go drill on their graveyard states angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does It Mean That Southeast Nigeria Is Not Landlocked Like We Are Told? / Uche Erondu Asked FG To Investigate Nnamdi Kanu's Sudden Disappearance / Nigeria, Saudi Arabia Meet To Boost Refineries, Pipelines, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.