Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) (41635 Views)

Scammer Hacked A Girl Facebook Account(pic) / ATM Camera Exposes Guy Who Stole ATM Card And Withdrew Money At Fidelity Bank / Man Strips Half Unclad In GT Bank Afta Money Vanished 4rm His Account(Pic,Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by NEHLIVE: 1:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
A primary school teacher identified as Evi Iwaha pictured above, has narrated how some robbers attacked her,took her ATM card and cleared her account in the early hours of Saturday January 30th.

She narrated her story to The Nation. [b]"It happened a few minutes to 6.00am; I’d boarded a bus supposedly to Oshodi from Obanikoro. No sooner had the bus moved than they sprang into action. The first thing they did was grab my phone; ‘What do you do? Where are you coming from?’one of them asked. I was hopeful that they’d take pity on me, having told them I was just a primary school teacher.

Why bother to ask if it meant nothing to them? After rummaging through my wallet, they found two ATM cards and some cash. The question that followed hit me with a bang. ‘What’s your pin number?’ Instinctively, I hesitated for a while, but a resounding slap on my face soon got me spilling it out. These guys were actually going to do the unimaginable. They were going to clear my account. To think that I was about experiencing stories that had seemed far away. I looked up in time to see another member of the gang, sitting in the front seat. They called him officer. I don’t know if he was some military officer or if the name was just a code name. Even though I was still a little dazed from the slap, I couldn’t but notice the gun that hung loosely in the man’s hand, as he spoke to his colleague. He quickly handed the ATM cards to another member who played the role of a bus conductor. The driver slowed down at my inquisitor’s command, and the bus conductor jumped off the bus on his way to emptying my accounts. I silently wished I had payed the money into my friend’s account, he had asked me to do so to avoid spending it, since I’m saving towards paying my rent. Meanwhile, while we awaited the arrival of the messenger, the bus kept going round and round. In the process, the two women I met on the bus were told to disembark, and two others, a guy and his girlfriend were picked up at the next stop. They were lucky, as they didn’t have any ATM card on them. They were ripped of their phones and the only one thousand Naira note the guy had on him. They had also searched the lady who came on at the same time as I did.

Obviously they didn’t get much from her. I was their sacrificial lamb. Soon my phone beeped – an indication that the money had been withdrawn. Then they drove back to the spot where they had dropped off the bus conductor, picked him up and drove off. By all means, it was a smooth operation, and we were home-bound now. I silently prayed that they dropped me off at a safe place. All along, I didn’t know where we were because I had been sitting on the floor of the bus. Suddenly, the bus pulled to a stop and we were all told to alight. I discovered that they had dropped us at the toll-gate. My inquisitor who had promised to give me transport money to take me home had either forgotten or couldn’t care less. They zoomed off as soon as we were all out of the bus. I stood there thinking of how to get to my place in Gbagada, until one good Nigerian who happened to be passing by came to my rescue by giving me N100, my exact fare home.”she said
[/b]

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/02/how-robbers-stole-my-atm-card-and.html

2 Shares

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by NEHLIVE: 1:18pm On Feb 01, 2016

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Vivalavida99(f): 1:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
This is very bad, hope you recover from this unfortunate incident.

May the robbers never find peace unless they repent.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by rollUP(m): 1:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nice operation.

If to say na me dem collect my atm, after them check my balance dem go pity me give me tfare to go house. Na only my phone go pain me

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Cholls(m): 1:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
my sister God go punish them!

He Who Sow Must Surely Reap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Oladimejy(m): 1:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
I feel her story
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by nikkiking(m): 1:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
rollUP:
Nice operation.

If to say na me dem collect my atm, after them check my balance dem go pity me give me tfare to go house. Na only my phone go pain me
is that how poor u are.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by MosakuAW(m): 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
Eya! Sorry madam.

I was once a victim of this ATM card robbery. I was held at gun point @ATM and they requested me to withdraw the daily limitation from my account which was 150k.

After that incident, i open a new account with another bank where i put my life savings and i never requested for ATM card. Whenever i needed money, all i do is internet banking transfer of the amount needed to my other bank accounts.

One needs to careful in this country, things are hard and people become more desperate to get money anyhow.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by rollUP(m): 1:46pm On Feb 01, 2016
nikkiking:
is that how poor u are.

Why u come dey take my matter personal
?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by missvera(f): 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hmmm, time to stop putting my ATM card inside my purse before going out. # Agba to Jin si koto ko ara yoku logbon ni.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by ratchy: 2:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
daylight robbery, b angryut these days sef wey 6am go be like 3am

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by feldido(m): 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
Sad story
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Houseofglam7(f): 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
This is just wickedness!
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Ugobxt(m): 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
Its a pity cry
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by seunfunmi33(m): 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
rollUP:
Nice operation.
but serious beating go follow sha

1 Like

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by ceeceebobo(m): 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
Sad lipsrsealed
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by iamauxin(m): 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nawah....sorry ooo. it's gonna be a maximum of 5 times anyways....just wondering how much was withdrawn. she should have told us!

1 Like

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by naijaboiy: 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
Eyah embarassed
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
This is bad oo.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by zinachidi(m): 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
eeyaah, primary school teacher, in these hard times. God go swear for those people
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by yomalex(m): 5:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
Crazy
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by jamex93(m): 5:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
Chai
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by DirtyGold: 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
If Nigeria was indeed a giant of Africa, the thiefs would have been identified by now because atm machines do have cameras for transactions.

Naija, what's tha business?

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by seunfunmi33(m): 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
MosakuAW:

Eya! Sorry madam.

I was once a victim of this ATM card robbery. I was held at gun point @ATM and they requested me to withdraw the daily limitation from my account which was 150k.

After that incident, i open a new account with another bank where i put my life savings and i never requested for ATM card. Whenever i needed money, all i do is internet banking transfer of the amount needed to my other bank accounts.

One needs to careful in this country, things are hard and people become more desperate to get money anyhow.
but you know that your smart move might be risky at times. Robbers are liable to harm you when you don't have anything on you

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by kennyman2000(m): 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Whizkeey(m): 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
See gobe
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by viktor01(m): 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
Wow...! am touched.
May God restore all what was stolen from you.

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Guyman02: 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
I have a second current account that is not connected to any ATM with instruction to the bank not to pay any cheque signed by me above a certain limit as I have had a page in my cheque book stolen and used to withdraw from my account in another state which I suspect was done by a relation with connivance of bank staff, the bank investigated and came to the conclusion that my cheque book was not cloned and I saw that a page was ripped off in the middle; I put only money I want to spend within a certain period on the account with ATM.

1 Like

Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by sukkot: 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
well dayum
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by yomalex(m): 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
missvera:
Hmmm, time to stop putting my ATM card inside my purse before going out. # Agba to Jin si koto ko ara yoku logbon ni.
ododo oro ni o
Re: Robbers Seize Teacher's ATM Card, Withdraw All The Money In Her Account (Pic) by Lexusgs430: 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
The reason why you have 2 accounts linked. Majority of funds stays in savings(no atm card access) and move money online, when required!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) / How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) / EndSars: We Have Received Reports Of Crimes - ICC Prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.