Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,480 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:15 PM

How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) (8108 Views)

Nokia 9 Edge Coming With 5.5 Inch Display, 6GB RAM And 128GB Internal Memory / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / Two Simple Methods To Fix Android Camera Error (can't Connect To The Camera) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by DavidTheGeek: 1:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
We hate that notification.

That warning notification that tells us we're running out of memory.

It's annoying, especially when you're trying to install a new application.

Even if you just got your android phone newly or you're not experiencing the problem, read on. This tutorial is in two form: How to fix and How to avoid.

Your too many (or even few) apps is not what's using up your memory

If you have many apps on your phone, it's easy for you to assume it's the apps that are occupying your phone memory, but it's not.

Huh?

Probably you didn't read it well, go back and read that line.

Waiting...

You read it well.

Let me tell you something that will surprise you - There are some files - bugs - which are actually sharing your memory with your apps. This files even take up more memory than the apps installed on your phone.

How did i found out?

In my case (the phone is 2nd hand), i had only few apps - less than 200mb - but my 1gb memory was full.

Where did about 800mb+ go?

I had to search for it.

You know that popular saying "Na condition make crayfish bend"?

Well na condition make me find solution.

What's Eating Up Your Memory

The system constantly creates logs and debug files which you don't really need.

Whenever an app crashes, the system creates crash reports.

Also the apps you uninstall, sometimes leave data behind.

It is all this that accumulate over time and deprive you of your memory.

So even if you're not getting the low memory notification on your phone, just know it'll pop up someday, except you follow the simple steps i'll give to avoid it.

Recovering your internal memory is simple

Yes you can recover your memory back, and it's easy.

But...

Your phone must be rooted. If your phone isn't rooted, See 3 Easy Safe Ways to Root Your Android Phone Without Pc

Step 1: Download SD Maid on your phone

Step 2: Launch SD Maid. Click on the green "Scan" button and grant SD Maid super user permission.

- The scan takes some minutes, you have to patiently wait.
- Once the scan is completed, it will show you the amount of memory that is been occupied by the junks i told you about earlier in this post.

Step 3: You'll see a red "Clean" button after the scan, click on it and wait till the cleaning is finished.

Step 4: Now go to your phone settings and check your memory.

- You'll be amazed by the result. When i did mine the 1st time it freed over 800mb.

Avoiding it is simple too

From time to time, either weekly or monthly, you should follow the above procedure and re-run a scan with the app. This would prevent the system crash reports, logs, debug files and left over data from uninstalled apps from accumulating.

There you go!

I'd like to know how many mb this freed for you. Mine was 800mb+.

*******UPDATE*******
If you're using a Samsung device that's running on an android version above 2.3 (Gingerbread), ignore the above procedure and simply do this:

- Go to your dialer and type *#9900#.
Some options will appear.
- Select "delete dumpstate/logcat"
**It doesn't require root access**

Update provided by: DjAndroid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by Oritna94(m): 1:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
I" pls post it. Experiencing the same problem
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by DavidTheGeek: 1:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
Oritna94:
I" pls post it. Experiencing the same problem

Okay... i will. Lets wait for others.
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by padeolu: 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
'I"
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by DavidTheGeek: 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
I've updated it.
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by DavidTheGeek: 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
I've added screenshots too.
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by DavidTheGeek: 3:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
That's it. Waiting for testimonies. *lalasticlala, puskin do something.
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by DjAndroid: 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
Op, your procedure is for MTK devices.

For samsung galaxy users, no need to download any special app, no need to root your device, just dial *#9900#, and select "delete dumpstate/logcat" and everything is fine.

After dialing the code above, and nothing is displayed, then your Samsung galaxy device is not genuine.

Note: DO NOT DIAL THE CODE WITH A 3RD PARTY DIALER, Dial with your stock dialer.(the dialer that came with your phone)
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by DavidTheGeek: 5:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
DjAndroid:
Op, your procedure is for MTK devices.

For samsung galaxy users, no need to download any special app, no need to root your device, just dial *#9900#, and select "delete dumpstate/logcat" and everything is fine.

After dialing the code above, and nothing is displayed, then your Samsung galaxy device is not genuine.

Thanks for adding this too. I've updated the post to include that. Samsung devices running on android 2.3 or lower would have to root still, "delete dumpstate/logcat" is not included in the options.

1 Like

Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by porchster: 5:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
DavidTheGeek:
We hate that notification.

That warning notification that tells us we're running out of memory.

It's annoying, especially when you're trying to install a new application.

Even if you just got your android phone newly or you're not experiencing the problem, read on. This tutorial is in two form: How to fix and How to avoid.

Your too many (or even few) apps is not what's using up your memory

If you have many apps on your phone, it's easy for you to assume it's the apps that are occupying your phone memory, but it's not.

Huh?

Probably you didn't read it well, go back and read that line.

Waiting...

You read it well.

Let me tell you something that will surprise you - There are some files - bugs - which are actually sharing your memory with your apps. This files even take up more memory than the apps installed on your phone.

How did i found out?

In my case (the phone is 2nd hand), i had only few apps - less than 200mb - but my 1gb memory was full.

Where did about 800mb+ go?

I had to search for it.

You know that popular saying "Na condition make crayfish bend"?

Well na condition make me find solution.

What's Eating Up Your Memory

The system constantly creates logs and debug files which you don't really need.

Whenever an app crashes, the system creates crash reports.

Also the apps you uninstall, sometimes leave data behind.

It is all this that accumulate over time and deprive you of your memory.

So even if you're not getting the low memory notification on your phone, just know it'll pop up someday, except you follow the simple steps i'll give to avoid it.

Recovering your internal memory is simple

Yes you can recover your memory back, and it's easy.

But...

Your phone must be rooted. If your phone isn't rooted, just mention me and let me know. I'll tell you how to quickly root your phone without pc

Step 1: Download SD Maid on your phone

Step 2: Launch SD Maid. Click on the green "Scan" button and grant SD Maid super user permission.

- The scan takes some minutes, you have to patiently wait.
- Once the scan is completed, it will show you the amount of memory that is been occupied by the junks i told you about earlier in this post.

Step 3: You'll see a red "Clean" button after the scan, click on it and wait till the cleaning is finished.

Step 4: Now go to your phone settings and check your memory.

- You'll be amazed by the result. When i did mine the 1st time it freed over 800mb.

Avoiding it is simple too

From time to time, either weekly or monthly, you should follow the above procedure and re-run a scan with the app. This would prevent the system crash reports, logs, debug files and left over data from uninstalled apps from accumulating.

There you go!

I'd like to know how many mb this freed for you. Mine was 800mb+.

*******UPDATE*******
If you're using a Samsung device that's running on an android version above 2.3 (Gingerbread), ignore the above procedure and simply do this:

- Go to your dialer and type *#9900#.
Some options will appear.
- Select "delete dumpstate/logcat"
**It doesn't require root access**

Update provided by: DjAndroid

PLS HOW CAN I ROOT MY ITEL701 TABLET PHONE... THANKS
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by Kelklein(m): 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
@DavidTheGeek please tell me how I can root my infinix x600 (hot note 2)
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by DavidTheGeek: 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
Kelklein:
@DavidTheGeek please tell me how I can root my infinix x600 (hot note 2)

Rooting Infinix x600 requires pc. Most android rooting app can't root the phone. If you have a system, Here's how to root it
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by porchster: 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

Rooting Infinix x600 requires pc. Most android rooting app can't root the phone. If you have a system, Here's how to root it

Thanks for the info on your signature, pls help me out... would love to root my itel phone
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by porchster: 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
DavidTheGeek:

Thanks for the info on your signature it really worked, pls help me out... would love to root my itel phone
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by daphid25(m): 7:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
A friend of mine have been having issues like that with his infinix, but i told him to get a phone like mine(camon c8), but he refused.
Is there something he can do about his infinx? his phone is not rooted tho.
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by butterflyy(f): 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
My Z10 is so bad, and I don't know how to root it
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by fredie107(m): 8:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
Wow. Cleared up to 1gig
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by Jinf: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
My account "DavidTheGeek" has been banned. I'll reply with this account.
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by Jinf: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
daphid25:
A friend of mine have been having issues like that with his infinix, but i told him to get a phone like mine(camon c8), but he refused.
Is there something he can do about his infinx? his phone is not rooted tho.

I don't know what infinix your friend is using, but tell him to try rooting with King Root. King Root roots some Infinix phones.

-IamDavidTheGeek
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by Jinf: 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
fredie107:
Wow. Cleared up to 1gig

Wow! A whole 1gig grin
You should bookmark the link in my signature for more android tips.

-IamDavidTheGeek
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by Jinf: 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
butterflyy:
My Z10 is so bad, and I don't know how to root it

Oops! I'm sorry i don't have a solution for you. Rooting Z10 - as 'little' as i know - isn't possible.

-IamDavidTheGeek
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by cruz22(m): 10:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
Please how do I root lenovo s60 running on Android 5.0.2...it is not an mtk device
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by Jinf: 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
cruz22:
Please how do I root lenovo s60 running on Android 5.0.2...it is not an mtk device

You'll need a pc. Read how here. Hope that helps.

You should submit your email on my blog SmartDroidTips to receive other android tips. It's free.

IamDavidTheGeek
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by ProffM(m): 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
Jinf thumbs up bro pls how do i root my sony experia?
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by Jinf: 11:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
ProffM:
Jinf thumbs up bro
pls how do i root my sony experia?

Thanks bro.

If your Xperia runs on android 4.4.2 (KitKat) and lower, use Towelroot. Download to your phone. Open it and click “Make it rain”.

IamDavidTheGeek
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by overdrive(m): 11:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
How do I root my Techno l3
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by Giifted: 5:32am On Feb 02, 2016
The delete dumpsters thing didn't work for my Samsung tablet. embarassed
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by holtby09(m): 5:43am On Feb 02, 2016
please , how do i root Itel it 1404 ? help.......
Re: How To Fix Android Low Internal Memory Problem (How To Avoid It On Your Phone) by Jinf: 7:45am On Feb 02, 2016
Giifted:
The delete dumpsters thing didn't work for my Samsung tablet. embarassed

Use the app method if your phone is rooted.

IamDavidTheGeek

(1) (2) (Reply)

The New Google Cardboard Visual Reality / Whatsapp Stickers Are Being Abused And It Is Annoying / Nigeria Has 67 Million Inactive Phone Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.