Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,846 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:17 AM

Program Mentorship For Those Programmers Who Are Motivated And Want To Improve - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Program Mentorship For Those Programmers Who Are Motivated And Want To Improve (1337 Views)

Looking For PHP Programmers Who Can Work On A Project / Learn To Code, Stay Motivated, And Land A Job. / happy weekend programmers who dont sleep because of a comma error (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Program Mentorship For Those Programmers Who Are Motivated And Want To Improve by DonSegmond(m): 1:36pm On Feb 01, 2016
I'm willing to take in a few mentees to mentor. If you are serious about developing your programming chops and wish to step up your game. Let me know. I'm going to limit this to 3 mentees. I'll work with you for 3 months, 90 days. In those 90 days, I'll work with you to grow your programming skills. I will give you assignments, I will give you materials to read, I will review your code and I'll advise you in what to study.

This is an unstructured mentoring approach based on your interested. So, you can write code in python, php, ruby, java, c#, c, whatever. I don't care. I unfortunately don't work with windows and never have. I'm strictly 100% Unix, but if you use windows, no problem. I'm not going to help you with problems such as windows, operating system, network configurations. I'm not going to help you write programs or do your homeworks.

I'm going to advise you, I'm going to look at your code and tell you on what to focus on.

Things I might cover, algorithms, data structures, object oriented programming, structured programming, design patterns, how to design programs, how to keep and simplify your programs, truing making MVC work for you, etc, other technologies, DB, Messaging Queues, Server configuration, security, etc

I have 20+ years in the industry, been using Unix since 95, I've done Security, DB Admin, Unix Admin, Software Development in various forms.

Send me an email (segmond at gmail DOT com), with a mini essay on your experience developing software and what you wish for your future within the software industry.
Re: Program Mentorship For Those Programmers Who Are Motivated And Want To Improve by Fulaman198(m): 6:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
I don't need a mentor but just thought I would ask what variant of UNIX have you been using? Mac OS X?
Re: Program Mentorship For Those Programmers Who Are Motivated And Want To Improve by DonSegmond(m): 3:28am On Feb 02, 2016
Fulaman198:
I'm don't need a mentor but just thought I would ask what variant of UNIX have you been using? Mac OS X?

I started out with BSD, then SunOS, Linux, Solaris, HPUX, then the (Free BSDs, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD) and now pretty much back to Linux with occasionally FreeBSD/OpenBSD here and there. For Linux distribution, I use Ubuntu for desktop, for servers, Debian, CentOS, Ubuntu.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My First Python Tutorial Has Been Released. / Change Your Thinking/approach / Help!!! I Formatted My HDD Without Backup, How May I Recover Formatted Files?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.