Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ (26619 Views)

FCMB Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does First City Monument Bank Pay? / Diamond Bank Sacks 400 Workers (document Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by akigbemaru: 8:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
Sacked workers.
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by billyG(m): 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
rolchi:

https://www.thecable.ng/economic-downturn-forces-fcmb-to-sack-150
what happened 2 all d billions of quarterly profits they hav been posting all these years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by Eluwilussit(m): 8:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
kulobyno:
It isn't really easy for banks these days. From TSA to Foreign exchange and to general economic downturn. How would the retrenched guys re asbsorbe into the society as job seekers after years of employee status. The funniest aspect is that bank staff can lead flamboyant lifestyles like tomorrow no dey. Most live fake lived and above their means. Car loan, this loan that loan.
E no go easy abeg

What was the govt thinking when it initiated those ideas? That's not what we needed. The economy needed stimulation and strangulation. There is time for everything under the sun.
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 8:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
We are in serious trouble in this nation. Lord those of us still working preserve our jobs .

3 Likes

Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by onatisi(m): 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2016
kulobyno:
It isn't really easy for banks these days. From TSA to Foreign exchange and to general economic downturn. How would the retrenched guys re asbsorbe into the society as job seekers after years of employee status. The funniest aspect is that bank staff can lead flamboyant lifestyles like tomorrow no dey. Most live fake lived and above their means. Car loan, this loan that loan.
E no go easy abeg
Many more bankers will soon be sacked in the coming months. I was in a bank yesterday and the banking hall was virtually empty,the cashiers refused to pay over the counter and said I should use the atm, buybi saw that they were doing nothing .very soon most of these cashiers will be pruned down.
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by viktor01(m): 9:05pm On Feb 01, 2016
Dear God,
May I never be a victim of such retrenchment and if I ever be, may it be for the purpose of a better Job offer.
Somebody echoe amen for me....
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
a lot of people ranting here didn't even read the article.

so many educated illiterates on this forum. undecided

they see a bad news, it's time for the vultures to gather.

let's blame the man we love to hate.
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by Gkemz: 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
I'm certainly sure they were sacked for their inability to meet the unrealistic targets. Well, it's normal among these banks. I call it wasted years working for bank that can easily lay you off once you failed to meet the demands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
franciskaine:
A pity that the already saturated labour market is still being over-stretched, the bitter truth remains that the top echelon of the banks management mortgage this banks through their under performing loans given to politicians and corrupt businessmen, and the lower staff cadre are made to bear the brunt. God help us all. 150 families thrown into financial distress, May we never witness financial downfall in 2016.
They will surely get a better offer elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by Sijo01(f): 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
This bank has been under lock and keyed for over 3months courtesy of the state government over tax matter in edo state
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by Adesiji77: 9:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
scribble:
Gtbank too

They are messing up

Did they lay off too? As in, recently?
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
Banking jobs is like a casual worker in Indian companies.No job security at all.
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by Nicepoker(m): 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
Real2020:
By the time Bubu is done with this country, yorubas will be trooping to SE for survival...mark my words!
how about those south easterners. in lagos. Mind u am South south.
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by wolewole200(m): 10:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
I think the news is under reported, or probably the "source" is in top management, if you get what I mean. A marketer in the bank - FCMB, whom I helped fumigated his site to be used for poultry this evening told me close to ONE THOUSAND STAFF were laid off.

That fear led him to start his poultry business again. According to him, that laying off of January 15 was the third in the series of sacking after those of November and December. So the story of sacking those under performing is nothing but balderdash.

All thanks to Baba and Emefiele.
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by legendsilver(m): 10:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by pedrilo: 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
This bank is shaky already. I don sharply go remove my 500k from their to my fbn account. I nor fit for my yam nor done
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by zurine(f): 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
my gawd
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by donem: 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
kossyablaze:
I dedicate this FTC to #ANAMBRARIANS #ManchesterutdFans
1 love my red devil Bro, but this your name shah, hope u ain't related to Andyblaze? cos the spread of Andyblazism must be curtailed by all means on this forum.
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by ayodara77(f): 10:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
Real2020:
By the time Bubu is done with this country, yorubas will be trooping to SE for survival...mark my words!

it will be a cold day in hell before Yoruba's will troop to SE, for survival, you talk off point, what has this discuss to do with this trash u wrote? is it d land dat is vomiting its children everyday dat others will run to?

2 Likes

Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
ayodara77:

it will be a cold day in hell before Yoruba's will troop to SE, for survival, you talk off point, what has this discuss to do with this trash u wrote? is it d land dat is vomiting its children everyday dat others will run to?

Arrogance. I'll personally stand at SE border to make sure your arrogant azz doesn't get in. Anoufia!
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by kossyablaze(m): 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
donem:

1 love my red devil Bro, but this your name shah, hope u ain't related to Andyblaze? cos the spread of Andyblazism must be curtailed by all means on this forum.
Haaaa Andy who?Dunno him o
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by spirit88: 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
Real2020:

Why nah? Why did you make it so obvious to everyone that you reason from the anus? RECEIVE SENSE IN JESUS NAME

2 Likes

Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by chiedu7: 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
Real2020:
[img]http://media./media/ZqlvCTNHpqrio/giphy.gif[/img]
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by Morenzy15: 12:32am On Feb 02, 2016
What are you still waiting for? Get your best valentine gift for your spouse now and get it delivered to your doorstep. The best wristwatches, Handsome Up, Instant breast lift for ladies/women, Mosquito killer lamp, Ultrasonic Electric mouse/rat killer, Mens slimming tummy/body shaper, selfie sticks, Tecno phantom pad II, Infinix zero 2 phone, portable car tire inflator, portable handheld sewing machine, female waist cincher, Teeth whitening pen, portable hair dryers and a whole lot of other products. Quickly place your order now on any of our online stores. konga.com/morenzy-business-classic, /fagbolade, www.kaymu.com.ng/seller/morenzy-business-classic. You can also call any of our business lines on 08028930179; 08068168250. We deliver nationwide within 3-5 days on pay on delivery.
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by totorimi: 7:21am On Feb 02, 2016
The worst part is that they are not giving them any money to go and start their lives. They should scrap all these new generation banks and let here be only three banks with branches everywhere. Banks tat will have unions to fight for their staff.
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by emecheboy2(m): 10:58am On Feb 02, 2016
TimeManager:
Before the wailing bufoons start buttlicking this news, go find out how many staffs mcdonalds laiid off in the U S. The phenomenon around the world is called GLOBAL economic downturn.The truth has spoken!

your brain need total overhauling.
Re: FirstCity Monument Bank Sacks 150 Staff Over 'Economic Downturn’ by Tusk: 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
The figure given of FCMB sack is not true as more staff had been earlier sacked beginning from late September 2015.

An insider in the bank revealed that they were a little bit above 1000 staff relieved of their duties and branches to be closed this year.

FCMB is not a bank to bank on.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Some Nigerians Obsessed With Attaching Their Job Titles To Their Names? / Court Awards N76m To Banker For Wrongful Sacking / Doing A Phd Is Often A Waste Of Time, Says The Economist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.