Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,904 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. (37694 Views)

Observable Truth: Yoruba Has More Igbo Named Towns Than Ndigbo / The Truth The Igbos Won't Wanna Hear,or Admit / 6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by Ehiaguinanjohn(m): 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by emorse(m): 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2016
Freegift75:
I will come out with comprehensive facts about Money Ritual (Not Blood Money). Watchout ... This write up is trash

I promise to educate Nigerian the reality of Ritual and mostly Money ritual

Watch out

Fingers crossed. Following you already. This mystery must be demystified.
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by pulsa(m): 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
henrydadon:
This comment is pointless so you can stop reading it now. I said you can stop reading it now. Your wasting your time because you still are reading this pointless comment, so stop! I said stop! Okay what you want then you read it further but I tell you that it just isn't worth it, okay I had enough if you don't stop I stop !
I'm very persistent dude
I read am finish
gerrarahere man

1 Like

Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by Ameboperoo(m): 5:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/1931806/blood-money-how-real-it
Read this thread for better understanding.
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by yemoxyl(m): 5:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
In movies ghosts bring the money, where do they get the money from?

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by nonhuman(m): 5:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
interesting story. anything ritual started with the Yoruba
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by undisputedk: 5:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
hrhobi1:
It's not all yahoo boys that does ritual, some. Are just lucky, in-short less than 20% involve in money ritual. They simply prey on the greed of the white folks.

All Nigerian politicians are involved in rituals that I know for sure.

And you know this how? tongue
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by maleeks(m): 6:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
jydeskill1:
bros I pity u. I use to think d same way before but my brother Jazz is real, money ritual is real...if u want to confirm take a visit to Ogbomosho u will be amazed
@TheAgba, do not be deceieved nor wallow in ignorance, rituals is REAL, make research on Jinn, and you would understand life deeply
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by twosquare(m): 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
9jatatafo:
Is it spirit that bring the blood money? Does the spirit world mint currencies?
Perhaps you've forgotten there's a spirit called Mammon.... That's an ancient spirit that controls every legal tender in our world.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by hrhobi1(m): 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
neocortex:

You must be speaking from experience.

Yes a lot experience as an anti crime police officer
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by MagnaB: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
Okijajuju1:
Wetin these ones dey talk sef? angry

Goes back to doing Ogwu Ego for my customers.. angry

[img]http://soepic.pl/stor/items/0b7d33bbcfc8dd807.gif[/img]
You are foolish but u have a funny pinsure grin
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
yahoo plus is real. I have seen it. girls kpekus don suffer from all dis boys. I know a 23 years jobless boy born to a poor parents now has 4 houses & cars. just a laptop & money roll in. there are many boys I know like dat . some play football betting using fetish powers but dis generation & evil sha. heaven go hard

blood money is real. d spirit or demon called Mammon is d source.

money is d root of all evil indeed
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by ghostofsparta(m): 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
Freegift75:
I will come out with comprehensive facts about Money Ritual (Not Blood Money). Watchout ... This write up is trash

I promise to educate Nigerian the reality of Ritual and mostly Money ritual

Watch out
Never mind, I already did that here https://www.nairaland.com/2906582/traditional-yoruba-society-truth-behind#45031501
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by dejonathan(f): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2016
ghostofsparta:
@ Luyeanka

First of all, as I'd expected before clicking to read, you made the mistake of presenting Blood Money as Money Ritual which are entirely two different things.

Secondly, your write-up which pretends to reveal "the truth" behind a complex and gargantuan subject is nothing but a bland opinion of yours that fails to informs us on something 'typically uncommon' but somehow seems exhilarating to you because you just stumbled on figuring it and decide to share it.

Well, for your information, I haven't heard of the 'truncate-bleak future-to-ease-in-a-money-filled-one' MR, for I suspect this thread to be yet another another attempt to malign Yoruba believe system in general for it implores readers to pronounce the verdict you implied silently.

What I know is, a child whose destiny has being revealed to be 'dire and unfortunate' can be adjusted by doing certain rites and appeasement, therefore it is so-so unrelated to 'money ritual' because 'dire and unfortunate' not only refers to said child's financial status but to the totality of his success in every other thing in his/her future e.g. fame, marriage, child-bearing, business, etc likewise could a child whose future is revealed to be 'bright' can be disturbed (not destroyed). So how do they relate to MR ?

Finally, given to the catchy title of this thread one would think it would be as in-depth and gripping as the front-gracing one I wrote here The Unvarnished Truth About Money Ritual I am thinking of writing a part II because I've garnered more information ever since I wrote that, NL most times sickens me these days because of the continuous surge in olodo population that has dominated it, replacing it core system which used to sustain intelligent, analytical and educative responders with one that now promote an arena where the most wittiest, sassiest, insulting and discriminatory gladiators wrestle for First To Comment, Let-Me-Just-Post-Something-Even-If-It's-Irrelevant-To-The-Topic among several zany tournaments.

What do you want to do with answers that are way beyond your understanding, just visit the link I gave to the OP to first of all know the difference between Blood Money and Money Ritual which everyone erroneously use interchangeably.

MODs and SuperMODs if you can't repost informative threads on front page, here are some interesting ones:
What Will Happen If An Unstoppable Force Hits An Immovable Object

Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities

Exodus:Gods & Kings: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value

ṢANGÓ - One of the 401
Mispercieved ÍRUNMO̩LẸ Force

Gorgeous Guys - More Of A Curse Than Gift In Nigeria

Until They Can Operate At Zero Visibility, Stealth Fighter Jets Are Incomplete
Bro you don't have to abuse me by calling me olodo now... am only looking for answers to the questions that are baffling me
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by dejonathan(f): 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
Abbycuttie:

omo Kekere n se e....omo de o mo Ogun o n pe lefo(pikin wey no sabi charm dey call am ordinary leaf)...... ask d deity
I no fit ask the deity's oo... cos i no even knw wer dem dey
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
maleeks:

@TheAgba, do not be deceieved nor wallow in ignorance, rituals is REAL, make research on Jinn, and you would understand life deeply

Please, forget all this hear say. What you guys so believe in is same thing as calling tricks, magic. And of course magic doesn't exist.

Shine yours eyes abeg...no let another man shine am for you.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
It is not a metaphore,its called so cos it require human blood/life to acquire it,though its falls under illgotten too,but any illegal money that is not your sweat and gift is illgotten and bloodmoney is not just metafore.
Keneking:
Blood money is a metaphor used to classify ill gotten-wealth in society cheesy.
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by bibiking7(m): 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2016

Shyte is quite simple and its world wide. You call on the devil or demons, give it what it wants and it will give you what you want. The only problem is that the devil keeps on collecting until you slip up. Even in religion, people can communicate with the devil. Its the opposite of communicating with God. So to holla at the devil, do the opposite of what pleases God. For example, For muslims, you could holla at a jinn if you could read some verses of the Quran backwards and then perform some rituals, you could tie pages of the Quran to your feet and enter the toilet and then perform some rituals, etc. Catholics too have some stuffs. If there were no demons, there would not be exorcisms. Once knew a guy that could turn sand to rice or garri. Its all demonology. Go and watch super natural. Check out this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xy9k0fa3A0

P.S.
Please stay away from magic and all that stuff, shyte dont always end well.

Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
amiskurie:
Now go back to modakeke,ask the Baba if there's juice money too?

...and the lifespan of the doer.

So,if its lifespan is 100yrs,you should borrow me 100 Naira and help me buy VIJU MILK and give it to the Baba.My name is Amiskurie. Accnt xxx542366

..And,I will be expecting alerts of not less than 29billion USD,so that Dangote can respect me.

..And so that I can finally marry Kendall jenner,Gigi hadid,keke parmer and to hijack osas ighodaro from that former Dada boy.

#Amiskurie. Aka #VijuMoney
You no go marry linda ikeji?
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
Yahoo plus and blood money are two separate things entirely,some yahoo boys advance from plus to blood money,its just a matter of preference
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by pablus: 10:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
is this fiction?
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by Bishops10(m): 11:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Tell that to Eze Ego.. angry
Tell Ezego his money was a metaphor.. angry
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by patwilly(m): 11:20pm On Apr 25, 2016
ghostofsparta:
@ Luyeanka

First of all, as I'd expected before clicking to read, you made the mistake of presenting Blood Money as Money Ritual which are entirely two different things.

Secondly, your write-up which pretends to reveal "the truth" behind a complex and gargantuan subject is nothing but a bland opinion of yours that fails to informs us on something 'typically uncommon' but somehow seems exhilarating to you because you just stumbled on figuring it and decide to share it.

Well, for your information, I haven't heard of the 'truncate-bleak future-to-ease-in-a-money-filled-one' MR, for I suspect this thread to be yet another another attempt to malign Yoruba believe system in general for it implores readers to pronounce the verdict you implied silently.

What I know is, a child whose destiny has being revealed to be 'dire and unfortunate' can be adjusted by doing certain rites and appeasement, therefore it is so-so unrelated to 'money ritual' because 'dire and unfortunate' not only refers to said child's financial status but to the totality of his success in every other thing in his/her future e.g. fame, marriage, child-bearing, business, etc likewise could a child whose future is revealed to be 'bright' can be disturbed (not destroyed). So how do they relate to MR ?

Finally, given to the catchy title of this thread one would think it would be as in-depth and gripping as the front-gracing one I wrote here The Unvarnished Truth About Money Ritual I am thinking of writing a part II because I've garnered more information ever since I wrote that, NL most times sickens me these days because of the continuous surge in olodo population that has dominated it, replacing it core system which used to sustain intelligent, analytical and educative responders with one that now promote an arena where the most wittiest, sassiest, insulting and discriminatory gladiators wrestle for First To Comment, Let-Me-Just-Post-Something-Even-If-It's-Irrelevant-To-The-Topic among several zany tournaments.

What do you want to do with answers that are way beyond your understanding, just visit the link I gave to the OP to first of all know the difference between Blood Money and Money Ritual which everyone erroneously use interchangeably.

MODs and SuperMODs if you can't repost informative threads on front page, here are some interesting ones:

Exodus:Gods & Kings: Why The Film Shouldn't Be Regarded More Than Its Entertainment Value

ṢANGÓ - One of the 401

This post is very inspiring and intellectual. A shame Nairaland has had its standards thrown to the dogs, the more reason I'm calling out for Seun to create a intellectual sub forum on here just like sports, career etc. Somewhere persons with more than an average interest in intellectualism can stay and jaw jaw away from the maddening, juvenile crowd that pervades Nairaland these days.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by mykohayz(m): 12:39am On Apr 26, 2016
cekhoe:
I have been meaning to ask, all this blood money that people are spending, is it from CBN?

Plus who has b33n signing the currency, the deity or the CBN governor ??
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by ghostofsparta(m): 8:03am On Apr 26, 2016
dejonathan:
Bro you don't have to abuse me by calling me olodo now... am only looking for answers to the questions that are baffling me
Abuse you how ? That's not even a verbal abuse. And I don't think you're among the 'olodo' populace who don't express true curiosity. If you're indeed baffled then venture out to do research and come back and share your findings like some of us do.

patwilly:

This post is very inspiring and intellectual. A shame Nairaland has had its standards thrown to the dogs, the more reason I'm calling out for Seun to create a intellectual sub forum on here just like sports, career etc. Somewhere persons with more than an average interest in intellectualism can stay and jaw jaw away from the maddening, juvenile crowd that pervades Nairaland these days.
You aren't the first nor would be the last to raise this issue with Seun. Several systems has being suggested but I think he won't budge because he's like "As the owner of NL, I will keep to whatever I deem necessary for the traffic and financial sustenance of my hard-work".
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by paschal87: 9:33am On Apr 26, 2016
this blood money thing is so annoying..bt if it wrks 4 u carry go...na u and God go get am
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by de1de1SnrAd: 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
This is so weak and so unreal! Please if you must write always remember that not everyone that reads your write-ups may have the time to to find out the truth or be mature enough to identify what is called fallacy. I hope the OP too will borrow a little sense from this comment. While i agree with @ghostofsparta (though i did not read/open your link)
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by Luyeanka(f): 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2016
ghostofsparta:
@ Luyeanka

ṢANGÓ - One of the 401

From what you could deduce, the poster of the topic is the writer?
When you read something to find faults, this is what you get. The writer of the article said it's a man's account of what he was told.
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by Luyeanka(f): 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2016
de1de1SnrAd:
This is so weak and so unreal! Please if you must write always remember that not everyone that reads your write-ups may have the time to to find out the truth or be mature enough to identify what is called fallacy. I hope the OP too will borrow a little sense from this comment. While i agree with @ghostofsparta (though i did not read/open your link)
You could also borrow a little sense from the fact that the OP is not the writer of the post. That is why a link was attached to the base of the post.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by samuelizko(m): 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
Tom29i:
yahoo plus is real. I have seen it. girls kpekus don suffer from all dis boys. I know a 23 years jobless boy born to a poor parents now has 4 houses & cars. just a laptop & money roll in. there are many boys I know like dat . some play football betting using fetish powers but dis generation & evil sha. heaven go hard

blood money is real. d spirit or demon called Mammon is d source.

money is d root of all evil indeed

abeg,,help me with the sport betting guy
Re: Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. by baby124: 3:52am On May 22, 2017
Nothing like blood money exists. It's just mad men who call themselves babalawo and they are blood thirsty that push desperate people to take lives. Or they use this people for organ transplant. There is no shortcut to success in this life except through hardwork.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? / Olori Badirat Olaitan And Her Sons Stun In New Photos / 10 Ways To Say ‘hello’ To A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.