Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City (1711 Views)

Pictures Of Kelechi Iheanacho From Grass To Grace. / Throwback Photo Of Kelechi Iheanacho: Then And Now / Arsenal Completes Signing Of Kelechi Nwakali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by omar22(m): 10:26am On Feb 02, 2016
Do you think the arrival of Pep Guardiola could spell the end of Kelechi Iheanacho time at the "Citizens", Because Kelechi Iheanacho is an understudy to Kunn Aguero but if Aguero isnt Pep's preferred choice of striker then that hinders the young Nigerians development at the club.
Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by bigtt76(f): 10:33am On Feb 02, 2016
Yea and Kelechi to me seem to be too full of himself shaaa. Look at him dragging ball with Sterling on Saturday wanting to take a penalty kick.he ought to respect his seniors or they would wreck his career. BTW ...if he had missed that kick .....it wouldn't have been funny tho.

omar22:
Do you think the arrival of Pep Guardiola could spell the end of Kelechi Iheanacho time at the "Citizens", Because Kelechi Iheanacho is an understudy to Kunn Aguero but if Aguero isnt Pep's preferred choice of striker then that hinders the young Nigerians development at the club.
Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by omar22(m): 10:50am On Feb 02, 2016
bigtt76:
Yea and Kelechi to me seem to be too full of himself shaaa. Look at him dragging ball with Sterling on Saturday wanting to take a penalty kick.he ought to respect his seniors or they would wreck his career. BTW ...if he had missed that kick .....it wouldn't have been funny tho.

Well if you have already scored 2 goals, you are entitle to have the chance to score a hatrick thats why the Argentine full back pulled rank and told Sterling to allow Kelechi to take the penalty, also Sterling met Kelechi at Man City. This was one reason why I dislike Lampard, on 2 ocassions both Solomon Kalou and Demba Ba had already scored 2 goals but Lampard didnt allow them the chance to score an hatrick.

4 Likes

Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by fulfillbill(m): 10:55am On Feb 02, 2016
City should sign the lad...getting better each game.
Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by Icon4s(m): 11:29am On Feb 02, 2016
omar22:

So Iheanacho's chances are tied to Aguero's being Pep's preferred choice or not ? That he is only there to understudy Aguero? I don't think so bro.

Iheanacho is not the kind of player any well meaning coach can ignore. If Pep choses to loan or sell him watchout how the likes of Manu, Arsenal and Chelsea will scamper for him.
Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by khattab02: 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
bigtt76:

It was Pellegrini's decision for him to take that penalty. Moreover both he and Sterling are still learning.
Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by khattab02: 12:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
I don't think so Op. He will always get his chances, the question now is, can he utilise them to the fullest?

1 Like

Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by omar22(m): 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
Icon4s:

So Iheanacho's chances are tied to Aguero's being Pep's preferred choice or not ? That he is only there to understudy Aguero? I don't think so bro.

Iheanacho is not the kind of player any well meaning coach can ignore. If Pep choses to loan or sell him watchout how the likes of Manu, Arsenal and Chelsea will scamper for him.

He is an understudy to Kunn Aguero unless you want to prove to me that him and Aguero are on equal level..

What makes you think Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal will scramble for a player that will be off to the African Nations Cup every 2 years, Chelsea is a team that goes for ready-made players, Man U on the other hand won buy him they have the young French player (Anthony Martial), Arsenal or Arsene Wenger wont buy him.
Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by bigtt76(f): 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
On the contrary, I learnt standing team captain Zabaleta (maybe acting on Pellegrini's instruction) prevailed on Sterling to allow Kelechi take the kick.

khattab02:
It was Pellegrini's decision for him to take that penalty. Moreover both he and Sterling are still learning.
Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by kenzysmith: 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
This op non even get brain o gardiola knows young talent wey he sees one so get ur fact ryt he will only play him at of position

2 Likes

Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by leader1(m): 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
i think kelechi is a rising star, that hat trick made him the youngest mancity player to net a hat trick, sterling himself should also learn from a player who won the fifa u17 worldcup and was voted mvp of the tournament. If u sell a player like kelechi, i promise he will hunt you anytime u meet.
Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by Icon4s(m): 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
omar22:

[b]He is an understudy to Kunn Aguero [/b]unless you want to prove to me that him and Aguero are on equal level..

What makes you think Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal will scramble for a player that will be off to the African Nations Cup every 2 years, Chelsea is a team that goes for ready-made players, Man U on the other hand won buy him they have the young French player (Anthony Martial), Arsenal or Arsene Wenger wont buy him.

You are telling me Iheanacho is in Mancity to only be an understudy to Aguero? And he and Aguero are not on the same level no doubt but I am telling you that his future in City is not tied to Aguero as u pit it.

Mikel, Drogba and Essien were in Chelsea and yet attended the AFCON severally and that did nt diminish their value in their club.
Eboue, Javinho and Kolo Toure were at Arsenal and Wenger never held them back
Mancity has not held Yaya Toure back from attending the AFCON.

Arsene Wenger has just signed 3 Nigerian Teenagers in 1week; does he not think or believe those players will eventually play at the AFCON one day?

Bros abeg leave that AFCON excuse. Any good coach can sign any good player. And I tell you that we Nigerians don't need to worry about Iheanacho's future at City even with Guardiola as long as he keeps performing. He is getting better and better and so Pep would want to keep him for the future.

3 Likes

Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by omar22(m): 5:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
Icon4s:

You are telling me Iheanacho is in Mancity to only be an understudy to Aguero? And he and Aguero are not on the same level no doubt but I am telling you that his future in City is not tied to Aguero as u pit it.

Mikel, Drogba and Essien were in Chelsea and yet attended the AFCON severally and that did nt diminish their value in their club.

Arsene Wenger has just signed 3 Nigerian Teenagers in 1week; does he not think or believe those players will eventually play at the AFCON one day?

Bros abeg leave that AFCON excuse. Any good coach can sign any good player. And I tell you that we Nigerians don't need to worry about Iheanacho's future at City even with Guardiola as long as he keeps performing. He is getting better and better and so Pep would want to keep him for the future.

I think your missing my point, yes he is an understudy to Aguero because he is still learning and a back up to Aguero just like Harry Kane was an understudy and one day he will be number one.

The 3 Nigerians that Wenger bought one of them Wenger has been urging England to use him instead of Nigeria, the other 2 are a long way from the first team and they were bought from academies in Nigeria not from top clubs, you honestly think Arsene will wanna a kid at a very high price knowing that he can get a similar player for close to nothing and Man city will not sell a player to Arsenal unless if he is out of contract. Ten years ago to clubs where buying African players but not anymore.
Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by khattab02: 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
Icon4s:

very good point bro! Someone was mocking Fergie on the excuse of Afcon, he said ''yet how many Champions league has he won?'' didn't Drogba played in the Afcon 2012 and still won the Champions league??

What of Eto'o who played Afcon 2010 and still won treble? If 'm not mistaken I think he is the only player who has won treble back to back with two clubs.

1 Like

Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by khattab02: 5:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
omar22:

I think your missing my point, yes he is an understudy to Aguero because he is still learning and a back up to Aguero just like Harry Kane was an understudy and one day he will be number one.

The 3 Nigerians that Wenger bought one of them Wenger has been urging England to use him instead of Nigeria, the other 2 are a long way from the first team and they were bought from academies in Nigeria not from top clubs, you honestly think Arsene will wanna a kid at a very high price knowing that he can get a similar player for close to nothing and Man city will not sell a player to Arsenal unless if he is out of contract. Ten years ago to clubs where buying African players but not anymore.
do you know why? Because we don't have too many African players performing currently. But I can tell you that clubs will rush for Aubameyang and Ighalo shoud they be on sale! What of Sadio Mane, and Ahmed Musa? Everton signed a Senegalese striker on dedline day for £13. Something.
Re: Arrival Of Guardiola Could Spell The End Of Kelechi Iheanacho Career At Man City by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
half of the people commenting here are morons. Unbelievable comments undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Man City Coach Pep Guardiola Confirms Arsenal Wanted Sterling And Sanchez Swap / Watch Canelo Vs Golovkin / Blood Gushes Out Of Wayne Rooney's Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.