Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

After A Long Day Of Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After A Long Day Of Job Hunting (18153 Views)

Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media / What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by yoboworld: 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
It's funny how you can be putting all this effort and nothing is changing and all anyone can say is 'try harder', 'do more' and you damn well know you ain't lazy and you ain't holding back but you are gonna break if you just stretch any further.
Just as they say the results from a test does not define the smartest person in a class so does progress in our world does not define the best thinkers and hardest workers.
We just live in a stupid world where the variables doesn't just favour the common man, and for integrity sake you don't wanna soil your hands with the dirts of fraud and corruption that seems to be the only fertile ground available to the youth of our generation.
You get a decent education, push yourself beyond your limits to even work outside the confines of your school paper and still can't nail a good job. Only for the people who weren't interested in personal development to call the shots either cos they have routers as family members, neighbors or sugar daddies or mummies or cos they have themselves amassed illegal funds to buy themselves entrance into the Eden garden
To even add salt to injury we now have a government who is so focused on funds to pay back campaign expenditures than thinking of a way to help those that voted and conducted the elections (NYSC ad- hoc staffs) that brought it to Power... a friend said I am proud to be a Nigerian and he got a shocker reply from another who said God did not do him any Favour by making him come from this nonsense of a geographic mistake.........
Need I say more? Dis is exactly how I feel after a hard day of job hunting and thinking of going to my personal business this evening that would hardly even return 5 USD.....

39 Likes 9 Shares

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by VocalWalls: 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
yoboworld:
It's funny how you can be putting all this effort and nothing is changing and all anyone can say is 'try harder', 'do more' and you damn well know you ain't lazy and you ain't holding back but you are gonna break if you just stretch any further.
Just as they say the results from a test does not define the smartest person in a class so does progress in our world does not define the best thinkers and hardest workers.
We just live in a stupid world where the variables doesn't just favour the common man, and for integrity sake you don't wanna soil your hands with the dirts of fraud and corruption that seems to be the only fertile ground available to the youth of our generation.
You get a decent education, push yourself beyond your limits to even work outside the confines of your school paper and still can't nail a good job. Only for the people who weren't interested in personal development to call the shots either cos they have routers as family members, neighbors or sugar daddies or mummies or cos they have themselves amassed illegal funds to buy th

The point of realization, tho static, is a great progress...
This almost means you are probably not doing something right, or not chasing the right thing.
All that effort, if you channelled it into something else, will it fail?
You're hardworking, be hardworking to self.

7 Likes

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
Don't lose hope my friend!

Stay strong, nothing good ever came easy!

Keep fighting n pushing, that's what this world deserves, no matter where you find yourself...

Good luck!!

8 Likes

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Horlawoomey(m): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
Perseverance is key in a situation like this bro, job hunting made me leave my comfort zone for Lagos. Now it has been 2 weeks plus and am only able to get a research job that pays peanut daily, I kept to it not because I so much like it but because I know I can learn something there.

I trekked a distance of like 3km today trying to locate a place only to get there and referred to their main office in Ikoyi again.

I won't let that get to me cos I know without struggle, there is no success. We shall smile one day.

30 Likes

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by raayah(f): 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
That's the world for you, but keep pushing on. Eventually something will click.

To get my first job, I applied for over a year to over 200 jobs, I got only two interviews in all. Couldn't even go to the second one, could not afford the transport. I Cried, I was depressed... Too many emotions.

I wish I could tell you different, I went to see a professor in the university, telling him of my trouble, I broke down crying when telling him.
He called me a few weeks after (on a Friday) telling me to start work as a research engineer in the university. That was my first job.

You are very right, there's truth to who you know but keep trying.

Tell everyone you know that you're looking for a job. Carry your Resume Everywhere. Don't be picky,
Skills are very transferable, so even if they job advert is not related to your degree, apply.!

Brush up your application / cover letter. Make sure they are addressed to the company's address. Show that your skills match the one's requested.

Have you looked into universities, especially new and private ones, they have opportunities in all fields.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by olajideolajide(m): 7:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
i feel the same way you feel... and people called you any name cos you are not working. my little advise for you is to start your own business or you engage in learning hand skill... as for me i'm learning skilll.... i have been without job since last year April. still looking up to God. above alll keep to your God

4 Likes

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by raayah(f): 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
OP, I am very hopeful and positive for you. My Gut tells me that you will get a job soon.

There's light at the end of the tunnel.

9 Likes

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by siegfried99(m): 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hmm
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by kekakuz(m): 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
[size=20pt] worry not my guy
You see your change oriented government will soon start paying 5k to unemployed youths
So you can use it all to buy food from dangote and dangote gets richer and you are no longer hungry
It's a win win
And that is the implication of your government's idea of economic development

*****return to watching Sony max: most shocking********[/size]

5 Likes

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by englishmart(m): 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
i can't read that epistle, not after my long day at work

1 Like

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by brunofarad(m): 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
Ok
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Kelklein(m): 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
this guy blood dey hot o

**pours cold water on him **

calm down bro

#Welcome To Nigeria

1 Like

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by kennyman2000(m): 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
keep being hopeful bro. Keep working hard and keep assuming that brighter future is around the corner as that's what will keep you going!

Life isnt fair to anyone. Even to buhari,dangote cos everyone has one or two places thats of great concern to them which they've no control over at that particular time.

Life isnt just perfect for everyone. We need to strive to make it perfect. All the best bro!

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

1 Like

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hustling thingz
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Richie0974: 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
Speechless, this is what Nigeria has done to us...
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Ekejoestar(m): 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hmm
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by jeeqaa7(m): 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
ok
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Kangol99(m): 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
k
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by taurus21: 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
It’s tough out there, and finding a job is taking longer than I had hoped it would. But I’m keeping at it, and I know I’ll find the right opportunity.

1 Like

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by shizzy7(f): 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
Op, na the same hustling we dey oooooo...
I don waka

3 Likes

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by callJesu: 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
Rest please at necessary times
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2016
learn skill in school you people will not hear

you go suffer tay grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Kangol99(m): 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2016
yoboworld:
You get a decent education, push yourself beyond your limits to even work outside the confines of your school paper and still can't nail a good job. Only for the people who weren't interested in personal development to call the shots either cos they have routers as family members, neighbors or sugar daddies or mummies or cos they have themselves amassed illegal funds to buy themselves entrance into the Eden garden
To even add salt to injury we now have a government who is so focused on funds to pay back campaign expenditures than thinking of a way to help those that voted and conducted the elections (NYSC ad- hoc staffs) that brought it to Power... a friend said I am proud to be a Nigerian and he got a shocker reply from another who said God did not do him any Favour by making him come from this nonsense of a geographic mistake.........
Need I say more? Dis is exactly how I feel after a hard day of job hunting and thinking of going to my personal business this evening that would hardly even return 5 USD.....

Start an OnlineBusiness, work from home and make Money.
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Akkord4gov: 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
Nawa o
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by akankemi1(f): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
feel ur pain...e go better
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Kangol99(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by 5iveC(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
Learn a Skill, Start a business, Harness your talents. Look beyond the white, pink, blue or whatever collar job out there. And please FORGET ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT. Cause they really don't give a f'uc'k about us!
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by olisaEze(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
Nothing good ever comes cheap. If u dnt have a godfather,sugardaddy/mummy, dnt sweat it, persevere n ur kids won't have 2go thru wht ure goin thru nw. #nopricenopay

2 Likes

Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by Dessyjones(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
God's Not Dead broda...I do know how u feel
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by madenigga(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
H
Re: After A Long Day Of Job Hunting by cutetopsey(f): 7:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
hmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apply For The Chevron Nigeria Limited Internship Recruitment 2018 / Massive Vacancies At Ag Leventis Plc / Including CGPA In Curriculum Vitae Or Resume, Necessary Or Unnecessary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.