Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,049 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? (41779 Views)

Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed / Guys That Can Cook Can Relate To These Photos / Maggi E~cook Book;assist Me,please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 5:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
Good evening all

I have been wondering why ladies can't cook good food without adding Maggi angry

What is the 'job' of Maggi in your cooking?

There was a day I told my gf that I don't put Maggi in my cooking and she was like " how will the food taste"?

Honestly speaking, I am a good cook and I don't use maggi for the past 3years now and I still get good taste.

Must u use Maggi?

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
It tastes good undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 5:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
YourMain:
It tastes good undecided
mine taste good "without" Maggi ma.

What's the difference?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
agarawu23:

What's the difference?

But I'm sure you use other spices to enhance the taste. no ?

18 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Onemansquad(m): 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
agarawu23:
What's the difference?
oga you are not alone it tastes good cos we are used to it

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
YourMain:

But I'm sure you use other spices to enhance the taste. no ?
no spices, SALT only.

Onemansquad:

oga you are not alone
it tastes good cos we are used to it

Yes bro
I stopped using maggi when I noticed salt alone can do the job , except for those that can't Cook.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by loomer: 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
I no kuku sabi cook, with or without Maggi I no dey see difference

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Onemansquad(m): 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
agarawu23:
no spices, SALT only.

Yes bro
I stopped using maggi when I noticed salt alone can do the job , except for those that can't Cook.
and pepper esp that fresh one chai"KILLER"

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
agarawu23:
no spices, SALT only.

Yes bro

If I may ask what kind of food do you make ? Maggi is about 80-90% salt Anyways.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
YourMain:

If I may ask what kind of food do you make ? Maggi is about 80-90% salt Anyways.
I make all food, I will Cook nice jollof rice for u without adding a pinch of Maggi.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
Onemansquad:

and pepper esp that fresh one chai"KILLER"
yes
But be careful with the amount of pepper u use cos it can change the taste of your food if u add much of it.
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
agarawu23:
I make all food, I will Cook nice jollof rice for u without adding a pinch of Maggi.

Oh lol well that makes sense. I understand.
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 5:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
YourMain:

Oh lol well that makes sense. I understand.
smiley
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Leebk: 1:11am On Feb 03, 2016
Pls can u explain how u cooked rice without maggi

37 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by lifenajeje(m): 7:17am On Feb 03, 2016
Op point of correction its called seasoning not maggi as maggi is a brand name....am a Knorr fan..forget Knorr chicken...beef etc..nothing like the ordinary Knorr...

To the topic...what is appealing to you is not to others...

Food taste better when seasoned or spiced.

I cook with and without seasing depending on what am eating and how I want the food to taste.

There is no need for argument......

Carry out a blind man's test.. It implies cook same food using same heat..same ingredients...same time ...one with salt and the other with salt and seasoning....serve it in two separate labelled bowls A&B ...blindfold fifty persons and ask them to taste...you can interchange the bowl to serve from first repeatedly... Let them tell u which is tastier....

I made a sugarless ice cream for a friend once he keeps coming back for more...y...cos what is appealing to you is not to others

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
loomer:
I no kuku sabi cook, with or without Maggi I no dey see difference
madam dey cook for u na, oga like u no need to enter kitchencheesy
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
Leebk:
Pls can u explain how u cooked rice without maggi
u want full explanation or just tip? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by loomer: 10:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
agarawu23:
madam dey cook for u na, oga like u no need to enter kitchencheesy

Lol, me no get madam for here o
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Leebk: 11:20am On Feb 04, 2016
I want full explanation
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 11:31am On Feb 04, 2016
lifenajeje:
Op point of correction its called seasoning not maggi as maggi is a brand name....am a Knorr fan..forget Knorr chicken...beef etc..nothing like the ordinary Knorr...

To the topic...what is appealing to you is not to others...

Food taste better when seasoned or spiced.

I cook with and without seasing depending on what am eating and how I want the food to taste.

There is no need for argument......

Carry out a blind man's test.. It implies cook same food using same heat..same ingredients...same time ...one with salt and the other with salt and seasoning....serve it in two separate labelled bowls A&B ...blindfold fifty persons and ask them to taste...you can interchange the bowl to serve from first repeatedly... Let them tell u which is tastier....

I made a sugarless ice cream for a friend once he keeps coming back for more...y...cos what is appealing to you is not to others
if after all your seasoning and your food is still tasteless without salt, what's the 'job' of the seasonings then? If salt can give u the perfect taste after adding 10 different seasonings, why cant u come into conclusion that salt is the only key to make your food taste great?

I even hear say all this seasoning dey cause cancer and different types of diseases. Why do villagers live longer than we in the cities? No be because of our chop chop?

6 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by loomer: 11:33am On Feb 04, 2016
agarawu23:
if after all your seasoning and your food is still tasteless without salt, what's the 'job' of the seasonings then? If salt can give u the perfect taste after adding 10 different seasonings, why cant u come into conclusion that salt is the only key to make your food taste great.

I even hear say all this seasoning dey cause cancer and different types of diseases. Why do villagers live longer than we in the cities? No be because of our chop chop?

Na McDonald's win am na.
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 11:42am On Feb 04, 2016
loomer:

Na McDonald's win am na.
lol
Abi na
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by lifenajeje(m): 7:28am On Feb 08, 2016
agarawu23:
if after all your seasoning and your food is still tasteless without salt, what's the 'job' of the seasonings then? If salt can give u the perfect taste after adding 10 different seasonings, why cant u come into conclusion that salt is the only key to make your food taste great?

Salt alone does not give perfect taste stop arguing and carry out a blind man test....who tell u say village people no dey use seasoning....I dey see Dem for my village and other communities wet I don visit south east and west...

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 7:37am On Feb 08, 2016
lifenajeje:

Salt alone does not give perfect taste stop arguing and carry out a blind man test....who tell u say village people no dey use seasoning....I dey see Dem for my village and other communities wet I don visit south east and west...
any person wey tell u that one should come and try a cooking contest with me. cool

Old women don't use maggi unless the ones wey their eyes don open. Even my grandmother wey don open eyes no dey use maggi.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by lifenajeje(m): 8:29am On Feb 08, 2016
agarawu23:
any person wey tell u that one should come and try a cooking contest with me. cool

Old women don't use maggi unless the ones wey their eyes don open. Even my grandmother wey don open eyes no dey use maggi.

If u are based in Lagos am up to the challenge.......but if u are not carry out a blind mans test.

7 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by JayJustus(m): 12:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
thank God someone opened this thread... I've been saying it and will continue to say it...cooking with MSG (seasoning) is not only unhealthy but a culinary crime... I have been cooking for the past 4 years without seasoning...all you need to do is develop flavours and it's not rocket science to develop flavours without seasonings...

I'd advice you watch this show called Cutthroat kitchen...you'd learn how to cook better without msg...SAY NO TO MAGGI

10 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by herboshedhe(f): 3:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
like seriously??
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by katerine7(f): 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
see debate. ..interesting
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
herboshedhe:
like seriously??
katerine7:
see debate. ..interesting
yes

Say NO to maggi and live a healthy life smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by herboshedhe(f): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
agarawu23:
yes
Say NO to maggi and live a healthy life smiley
tohhhhh

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by carluva(m): 7:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
Hmmmmmm........
if I talk wetin some gurlz from one part of d country (dnt want to mention d tribe) dey carry my eyes see for ds maggi or no maggi matter eennhh una go pity me cry cry cry cry imagine ds gurls cook BEANS, ordinary BEANS with a minimum of 6 cubes of seasoning, come stew side naaa, dey use a minimum of 9 cubes, d day I found out eernnhh, na dat day I begin cook my own food seperate. common indomie dem still dey use one cube join for d seadoning wey follow am come.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by porozhniy(m): 11:28pm On Mar 26, 2016
^^^ Oga, did they by any chance prepare beans peppersoup? Or worse still 'indomie peppersoup' whereby the solid noodles melts into wet flour?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of The Most Expensive Fruits In The World / My simple Christmas Meal Today!!! Photos / Please Enough With The Record-A-Thons - GWR Replies Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.