Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,402 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? (41795 Views)

Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed / Guys That Can Cook Can Relate To These Photos / Maggi E~cook Book;assist Me,please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by tpiar: 6:45am On Mar 27, 2016
agarawu23:
Good evening all

I have been wondering why ladies can't cook good food without adding Maggi angry

What is the 'job' of Maggi in your cooking?

There was a day I told my gf that I don't put Maggi in my cooking and she was like " how will the food taste"?

Honestly speaking, I am a good cook and I don't use maggi for the past 3years now and I still get good taste.

Must u use Maggi?

I dont get the point of your grouse.

Why are you concerned if people you dont know and will never meet, use maggi?

11 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by carluva(m): 8:18am On Mar 27, 2016
lol....bros na normal way they prepare d beans nd noodles ooohh. I jst weak!
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 9:17am On Mar 27, 2016
tpiar:

I dont get the point of your grouse.

Why are you concerned if people you dont know and will never meet, use maggi?
lol
Just saying....
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 9:19am On Mar 27, 2016
porozhniy:
^^^ Oga, did they by any chance prepare beans peppersoup? Or worse still 'indomie peppersoup' whereby the solid noodles melts into wet flour?
oga
Indomie no be food jare grin
Na lazy girls dey cook am

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 9:20am On Mar 27, 2016
carluva:
lol....bros na normal way they prepare d beans nd noodles ooohh. I jst weak!
I tire o
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by chimah3(m): 2:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
It's a seasoning. Or u like tasteless food?? undecided
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by MrCork: 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
agarawu23:
Good evening all

I have been wondering why ladies can't cook good food without adding Maggi angry

There was a day I told my gf that I don't put Maggi in my cooking and she was like " how will the food taste"?

Honestly speaking, I am a good cook and I don't use maggi for the past 3years now and I still get good taste.

Must u use Maggi?

.....ARE THEY YOUR SERVANT??.... BUSH MAN!!! angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by mexyk(m): 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
So it's only ladies dat cook right? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
It is called seasoning not maggi.maggi is a brand name..

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by scent9(f): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
It's lyk saying y can't ladies cook without salt. If u say without seasoning it's understandable nt Maggi.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by remigiusizunna(m): 2:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
I wonder why AGARUWA can't browse without internet? Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Kyllahmc(m): 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
I Cant even differentiate a food cooked with maggi and the one cooked without maggi... my own na to chop belle full

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by AmAlbert(m): 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
Una neva try use dogonyaro and aki awusa before cook, try am make you know say taste and highness na 2 different things grin grin grin grin

*sips dogonyaro and aki awusa

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Fr33born(m): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
If you taste food cooked by an Nsukka girl, na there u go see maggi nah. They magginify their food no be small

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by ewizard1: 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
So funny most people dont know its called Seasoning... grin

Same for Noodles!
You will hear "I like that Chikki/Golden Penny Indomie"
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
I wonder why you would say ladies, is it only ladies that cook with seasoning(s).
I can very well cook without seasoning (s), but every other variable like crayfish, okporoko...etc should be present_ crayfish especially. Without that, I wonder what it would taste like, my husband won't even eat such food.

Anyhow you like it, cook biko, just don't overdo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Caracta(f): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
That's because you enjoy it that way. Some do not.

My dad likes his food without seasonings and onions. My mum likes hers with lots of onions and a bit of seasoning. Both of them goes 'urgghh' on each other. And I go 'yummy' on both. So it all depends on what works for you.

Don't be surprised someone would go 'yuck' on that food you hype so well.

As for me, eat healthy and go easy on seasonings.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by ewizard1: 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
MrCork:

.....ARE THEY YOUR SERVANT??.... BUSH MAN!!! angry
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by shamecurls(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
For the past 5 years, I dont use water, salt, maggi or vegetable oil to cook.

Been eating bread and pepsi all the while

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Sunnycliff(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
Because of too Mich cooking of indomie and watching of telemundo
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by bizgai(m): 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
lifenajeje:
Op point of correction its called seasoning not maggi as maggi is a brand name....am a Knorr fan..forget Knorr chicken...beef etc..nothing like the ordinary Knorr...

To the topic...what is appealing to you is not to others...

Food taste better when seasoned or spiced.

I cook with and without seasing depending on what am eating and how I want the food to taste.

There is no need for argument......

Carry out a blind man's test.. It implies cook same food using same heat..same ingredients...same time ...one with salt and the other with salt and seasoning....serve it in two separate labelled bowls A&B ...blindfold fifty persons and ask them to taste...you can interchange the bowl to serve from first repeatedly... Let them tell u which is tastier....

I made a sugarless ice cream for a friend once he keeps coming back for more...y...cos what is appealing to you is not to others
tell me more about SUGARLESS ICE CREAM
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Amhappy(f): 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
What the alternative to the seasoning? The local spice does not work for all food.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Elle277(f): 2:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
can't imagine it o...I will give it a try #enoughcrayfish
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Codes151(m): 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
Oga cook make we taste! Try beans or porridge yam

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by chimmyluv90: 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
Start frm ur mum n sisters,,,,,do dey or can dey cook wifout maggi? Charity begins @ home
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Babyphinas(f): 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
I will try it out
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Godnifemi(m): 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
Yeah, I tink I agree with the OP on the topic, I have also stopped using seasoning cos of all the substances used in producing the seasoningseasoning, I have a friend of mine that use seasoning to wash his whites, I don't wanna mention names
I stopped using seasoning the day I realized that we have enough seasoning we can use in this country but we fail to tap into it, for example, crayfish is a good and natural spice that can go for any food no matter the occasion another is our locust beans, feel free to browse or read about this two and you would understand better what message I'm trying to pass across. There's a company that has even packaged this two in a more preservable and cost efficient wayway, I use it and quite a number of people also useuse, I was introduced to it by someone n till today, my family has been enjoying meals witout Maggi or seasoning.
The company name is Nifemi Ventures makers of Nifemi Spice and flavourflavour, they have locust beans spice that we all call and know as Iru, they also ve locust beans +crayfish spice, other spice include ginger, garlic, onion with locust beans.
I think this is way better that all these chemicals that we consume and believe we are eating

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by yadnus1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
We don't cook with Maggi or any MSG brand for that matter in my home right from my childhood. In fact the first day l saw one was when l went on holiday in my pry sch days.My Mum seasons her cooking by adding grounded shrimps. Now no MSG beats grounded dry shrimps-especially the tiny white ones,l use it too in my bachelorhood days and when l eventually got married.l eat meals prepared with MSG when l eat outside only and they never tasted like the one prepared with grounded shrimps. Anybody with an active taste bud will testify to this.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Pedro369(m): 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
ωнσ ιs ∂ cαυsε σғ тнιs sнιт σғ ησт α∂∂ιηg мαggι вυнαяι (ℓιкε) ρ∂ρ (sнαяε) εη∂ тιмε тяεη∂
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by solidman59(m): 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
You are certainly not a good cook. Ewwwwww, how do you even swallow such tasteless meals? . I smell you are a yoruba guy.
agarawu23:
Good evening all

Must u use Maggi?
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Malakh: 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
it's called sweet poison aka MSG

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by evatee(m): 2:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
Maggi is doing same job make up is doing on the face of our ladies....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Enough With The Record-A-Thons - GWR Replies Nigerians / My simple Christmas Meal Today!!! Photos / Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.