Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? (41786 Views)

Sexism: Women Should Boycott Maggi Until Cover Is Changed / Guys That Can Cook Can Relate To These Photos / Maggi E~cook Book;assist Me,please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
I detest using stock cube to cook beans. Some people even go to an extent of adding curry and thyme inside soup. Chai! Some people they chop nonsense
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by omonnakoda: 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
Just Google the following

msg addiction maggi

Try an experiment and eat no Maggi for one month it will change your life.

In fact it is even possible to take it to the next level and use no salt .

It is an eye opening experience
That can be extended to other areas outside of food. One gets to realize that one often believes,without questioning, a lot of things that are not true........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Jdesilentkiller(m): 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
Seasoning or not, salt is bad for your heart......I believe Doctors in the house will back me up......
Op is either you have a weird taste bud or you use something to compliment the saesoning....I was priveledge to be in the UK and their food taste awful without "maggi/Royco/Knoll/Mr Chef" seasoning...my advice is that, too much salt is bad for your health and don't go abroad without carrying your seasoning along...
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
hadura29:

Mom schooled me on that way back, my brother it works wonder. People in the village don't use seasoning(Maggi) and they lived longer.. iru ati alubosa old time secret...
na so my brother

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 5:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
Kazrem:
My girlfriend doesn't use maggi too. I told a friend yesterday and she was surprised
I wonder o
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by huntax(m): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
dfrost:

Irú is natural, isn't it? The point agarawu23 is trying to achieve (correct me if I'm wrong) is can women cook tasty foods without seasoning?
The point I'm trying to make is that Iru is a seasoning, as opposed to the fact that they don't use anything but salt in villages.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by obowunmi(m): 5:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
Only really good cooks, can cook without maggi.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by knackz(m): 5:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
carluva:
Hmmmmmm........
if I talk wetin some gurlz from one part of d country (dnt want to mention d tribe) dey carry my eyes see for ds maggi or no maggi matter eennhh una go pity me cry cry cry cry imagine ds gurls cook BEANS, ordinary BEANS with a minimum of 6 cubes of seasoning, come stew side naaa, dey use a minimum of 9 cubes, d day I found out eernnhh, na dat day I begin cook my own food seperate. common indomie dem still dey use one cube join for d seadoning wey follow am come.
correct!!!
recently, some female.Fs of mind came to ma house, den one of dem volunteer to cook for us, when i went to kitchen to get i a glass of water,i was shocked when i saw 11 unwapped maggi cubes on a plate, i den ask her
is dis cubes for the food you are cooking?
sha smile nd said: yea there are bt am nt using salt cos the cubes contain much salt
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by akankemi1(f): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
shamecurls:
For the past 5 years, I dont use water, salt, maggi or vegetable oil to cook.

Been eating bread and pepsi all the while
correct guy.
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by msmon(m): 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
AdunniIwo:

God bless you! But, do u or do u not like seasoning?

*smile! What should i say? I'm out of choice so yes i do.
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by dfrost: 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
huntax:

The point I'm trying to make is that Iru is a seasoning, as opposed to the fact that they don't use anything but salt in villages.

But Irú is natural/native, isn't it?
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by trublvr(f): 5:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
Don't use your experience of a few to draw conclusions about all. My mother never used it and neither do I.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by AdunniIwo(f): 6:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
msmon:

*smile! What should i say? I'm out of choice so yes i do.

I do too angry bt I v eaten a lot of no-seasoning meals...d diff s nt so clear.
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by noblegrex: 6:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
agarawu23:
I make all food, I will Cook nice jollof rice for u without adding a pinch of Maggi.
just say you're diabetic or something must be wrong somewhere. It BIG FAT LIE. Some dog will not eat food without maggi... It doesn't matter the amount of FISH,MEAT or ONIONss you used it still cannot test as GOOD as when you used maggi. That's certain for sure.and the only food that can be managed without using maggi is maybe bean or beans soup,then stew.that's all.or you're still not Good enough in cooking.shikena
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2016
noblegrex:
just say you're diabetic or something must be wrong somewhere. It BIG FAT LIE. Some dog will not eat food without maggi... It doesn't matter the amount of FISH,MEAT or ONIONss you used it still cannot test as GOOD as when you used maggi. That's certain for sure.and the only food that can be managed without using maggi is maybe bean or beans soup,then stew.that's all.or you're still not Good enough in cooking.shikena
don't judge me,
You don't know what I can & can't do. You don't know me smiley
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by kachi19: 6:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:
i believe Royco should be there somewhere.....
Lol dah wan dey too cheesy
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by Sike(m): 6:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
I hope I can cook one day without using maggi
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by noblegrex: 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
agarawu23:
don't judge me,
You don't know what I can & can't do. You don't know me smiley
mr man.it doesn't matter who you're or how good you can cook or what you can do with food. I'm telling you categorically and specifically that its not POSSIBLE for you to cook without maggi as long as I know what maggi is and the kinds of food we've got in Nigeria.even outside nigeria and you'll have a good test as when you used maggi. Its what I know very very well. Just as I've said earlier except something is wrong somewhere cos even MR chef uses maggi even more than ordinary cooks. No offence intended, and I'm not saying you can't.But it can never have same test. NEVER

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
noblegrex:
mr man.it doesn't matter who you're or how good you can cook or what you can do with food. I'm telling you categorically and specifically that its not POSSIBLE for you to cook without maggi as long as I know what maggi is and the kinds of food we've got in Nigeria.even outside nigeria and you'll have a good test as when you used maggi. Its what I know very very well. Just as I've said earlier except something is wrong somewhere cos even MR chef uses maggi even more than ordinary cooks. No offence intended, and I'm not saying you can't.But it can never have same test. NEVER
lol

Okay bro
I hear u

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by frainc(m): 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
noblegrex:
Oga you can cook good and delicious meal without seasoning (maggi)

You can use natural seasoning like onion, crayfish and ogiri (iru)

Abi you be Maggi trained fellow?
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by ebyoma(f): 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
agarawu23:
just little salt and onion cool
Like seriously

I've heard and seen people who do not eat salt and was like WTF!!! And here is someone who doesn't cook his food with seasoning.. Na wa o.
Will still try it sha
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by ShayGirl(f): 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
lifenajeje:
Op point of correction its called seasoning not maggi as maggi is a brand name....am a Knorr fan..forget Knorr chicken...beef etc..nothing like the ordinary Knorr...

To the topic...what is appealing to you is not to others...

Food taste better when seasoned or spiced.

I cook with and without seasing depending on what am eating and how I want the food to taste.

There is no need for argument......

Carry out a blind man's test.. It implies cook same food using same heat..same ingredients...same time ...one with salt and the other with salt and seasoning....serve it in two separate labelled bowls A&B ...blindfold fifty persons and ask them to taste...you can interchange the bowl to serve from first repeatedly... Let them tell u which is tastier....

I made a sugarless ice cream for a friend once he keeps coming back for more...y...cos what is appealing to you is not to others

U jex spoke out my mind...Gud point!!undecidedundecided
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
ebyoma:

Like seriously

I've heard and seen people who do not eat salt and was like WTF!!!
And here is someone who doesn't cook his food with seasoning..
Na wa o.

Will still try it sha
lol
Na so oooo cheesy
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by noblegrex: 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
frainc:

I'm not saying you can't. But take it or leave it.it can never be as DELICIOUS as you're saying. Even if you're trained under the rivers or above the earth. You can never have that delicious test without maggi. No need for arguements.that's the fact.shikena

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by noblegrex: 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
frainc:

I'm not saying you can't. But take it or leave it.it can never be as DELICIOUS as you're saying. Even if you're trained under the rivers or above the earth. You can never have that delicious test without maggi. No need for arguements.that's the fact.shikena. And mind you, there are certain food you can cook without maggi...no need to contend that. Is as simple as that.
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by anigbajumo(m): 7:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
With or without maggi I no go no for mouth coz I no sabi Cook,I salute some guys wey knw how cook.Almost 5yrs in university no cooker be it gas,electric even stove not to talk of foodstuffs.
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by huntax(m): 7:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
dfrost:

But Irú is natural/native, isn't it?
Yeah... Sigh, u don't get what I mean. He said he uses ONLY salt.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by ShayGirl(f): 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
agarawu23:
Good evening all

I have been wondering why ladies can't cook good food without adding Maggi angry

What is the 'job' of Maggi in your cooking?

There was a day I told my gf that I don't put Maggi in my cooking and she was like " how will the food taste"?

Honestly speaking, I am a good cook and I don't use maggi for the past 3years now and I still get good taste.

Must u use Maggi?

Of course, Maggi isn't used in all foods u knw but like a Nairalander said up there, One man's food is definitely another man's poison... The fact u enjoy it doesn't mean others will and d fact that others used maggi in foods doesn't mean they cannot cook dear.

Just try using a cube to spice d taste of ur food and see if it wouldn't be much better than what u've been eating for d past three years.....
I'm not an "Excessive maggi" fan bt I jex do believe in Balancing Equation in everything u do which entails cooking too

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by agarawu23(m): 7:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
ShayGirl:

Of course, Maggi isn't used in all foods u knw but like a Nairalander said up there, One man's food is definitely another man's poison... The fact u enjoy it doesn't mean others will and d fact that others used maggi in foods doesn't mean they cannot cook dear.

Just try using a cube to spice d taste of ur food and see if it wouldn't be much better than what u've been eating for d past three years.....
I'm not an "Excessive maggi" fan bt I jex do believe in Balancing Equation in everything u do which entails cooking too
hmmmm.
Okay ma
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by sped1oro(m): 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
The best alternative to seasonings for food are white crayfish and locust bean. I have been cooking for more than 10 years without all these poisonous seasonings and if you taste my food it is difficult to know if it contains seasoning or not.
Also, for men who wants to always have strong erection and lasting pleasure, please stay away from seasonings as much as you can. Though, I have little control over food I eat outside my house, therefore, I limit and control how I eat outside to avoid too much consumption of these silent killers.
The locust bean in your food helps to improve your vision and sights, it also regulate and control your blood sugar level. Locust bean also helps to digest your food easily, it does not have any side effects at all.
While the white crayfish add a Natural spice and aroma to your food, it also help in improving your white blood cells because it's highly proteinous and vegetarians can not do without it.
Practice cooking with these two natural ingredients and come back and thank me later.

Www.hollalaycan.com
Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by ShayGirl(f): 7:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
agarawu23:
hmmmm.
Okay ma

Aiit sir!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? by possibilita(m): 7:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
loomer:

I dey tell you. The most important thing na make we chop belleful
no time jare,my style of cooking rice b like,wake up @ 3:30am,put rice inside water and add all the ingredient knwn if e no dey it will be excluded,light ma stove put the pot on fire and go back to sleep till I percieve the smell of burning food.the rest is history.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of The Most Expensive Fruits In The World / My simple Christmas Meal Today!!! Photos / Please Enough With The Record-A-Thons - GWR Replies Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.