Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,725 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives (26369 Views)

EFCC Traces Properties To Dudafa (Lagos & Bayelsa Properties) / EFCC Traces $20bn Missing Oil Cash To Jonathan’s Campaign / 'All Former Air Force Chiefs Diverted N558.2million Monthly'-Ex-NAF Finance Dir. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Caseless: 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has discovered N17.5 billion in the accounts of wives of three Airforce chiefs.

Impeccable sources said that the monies were scattered in various banks accounts.

It was learnt that huge amount of money has also been traced to the accounts of children of some indicted serving and retired military officers.
A source familiar with the investigation said that N13 billion was traced to the banks’ accounts of a wife of a retired Air Vice Marshal who held strategic position in the Nigeria Air Force (NAF).

In the bank accounts of another wife of a retired service chief, N3 billion was found, while N1.5 billion was found in the bank accounts of a wife of a serving senior officer.

It was learnt that the officers handled the finance, budget and accounts of NAF.

“You can’t believe the discoveries we have made so far. We have traced monies to accounts of wives of three air force officers. So far, in the accounts of the wife of one of the officers indicted in the arms deal, N13 billion was found in different banks. In another instance, N3 billion was found in the accounts of a wife of a senior air force officer. Also, in another account, N1.5 billion was found in the accounts of a wife of an Air Commodore who is not among the list of indicted military officers.

“The officers have been confronted with the bank statements and they have owned up to the ownership of the monies. There is no way they could deny ownership of the monies because of the sources and transactions. The bank statements were enough proofs,” a source familiar with the investigation said.

The source added that arrangements have been made for the officers “to sign off the N17.5 billion to government.”

According to him, there have been series of meetings between EFCC operatives and bank officials with the indicted officers in attendance wherein they have agreed to give the money to the Federal Government.

“The indicted officers confessed that the monies are proceeds from arms procurement, contract awards and other deals. They have agreed to part with the money. But that is not the end of the matter. Their trial will still go ahead,” the source said

https://www.today.ng/news/national/74297/efcc-traces-n17-5bn-to-accounts-of-ex-naf-chiefs-wives

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
We will recover all the funds looted from Nigeria no matter where they are hidden and no matter how long it will take. Buhari

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by StOla: 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
What did you think?

Behind every corrupt public officer, there is a conniving wife who masks their theft with remarks like "God has blessed us".

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Elosky20: 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
Na tracing we go chop, when will they be jailed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by TippyTop(m): 6:58pm On Feb 02, 2016
Why do these people use their wives or daughters?

For instance Buhari's Aisha was used to siphon money and was even indicted in the united states.
See below
The United States Justice Department revealed that the All Progressive Congress Presidential Candidate, APC, Muhammadu Buhari’s Aisha Buhari, was used as conduit and engaged in fraudulent wire transfers, from her Nigerian account in favour of Congressman Jefferson via the ANJ Group LLC.
The US District Court Memo states that Congressman William J. Jefferson between August 2000 and August 2005, Congressman Jefferson sought hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of himself and family members.
Read rest of story here:
http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/criminal-fraud/legacy/2012/06/01/11-06-09jefferson-sent-memo.pdf

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Caseless: 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
The indicted officers confessed that the monies are proceeds from arms procurement, contract awards and other deals. They have agreed to part with the money.
yam eaters in uniform, kindly return our yam.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
Jonathan sef

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by seunmsg(m): 6:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
Nawa o, GEJ and his criminal cronies almost ruined this country o. EFCC should first recover all the stolen funds from those who are ready to cooperate and then charge the recalcitrant once to court. Getting the money back is the most important thing for now.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by TippyTop(m): 7:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
StOla:
What did you think?

Behind every corrupt public officer, there is a conniving wife who masks their theft with remarks like "God has blessed us".

Yes o
Like Aisha Buhari, read her story here:
http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/criminal-fraud/legacy/2012/06/01/11-06-09jefferson-sent-memo.pdf

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by chriskosherbal(m): 7:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
Pls let's go after them oooo
Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Caseless: 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
Elosky20:
Na tracing we go chop, when will they be jailed
Read here...

But that is not the end of the matter. Their trial will still go ahead,” the source said

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
Until they trace Ameachi and Fashola loot, I am not impressed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by arewafederation: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
At this rate, PMB would not have to borrow a kobo to finance our budget.

Btw: Caseless is on fire today.

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by arewafederation: 7:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
Angelberry:
Until they trace Ameachi and Fashola loot, I am not impressed

Sorry bro, but nobody is trying to impress you.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Caseless: 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
arewafederation:
At this rate, PMB would not have to borrow a kobo to finance our budget.

Btw: Caseless is on fire today.

grin grin grin Sai a hankali .

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by arewafederation: 7:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
Caseless:
grin grin grin Sai a hankali .

Barka da dawo wa! cool
Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
arewafederation:

Sorry bro, but nobody is trying to impress you.
Go get your likes and leave my moniker out of your likes hunting. I said my opinion and moved on, you should do same. don't ever quote me again!

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Caseless: 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
arewafederation:

Barka da dawo wa! cool
maza , ina godiya. Godiya Kai Da'ma.
Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
arewafederation:

Barka da dawo wa! cool
Pay N10 to my account 4 speaking vernacular

1 Like

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Caseless: 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
Angelberry:

Go get your likes and leave my moniker out of your likes hunting. I said my opinion and moved on, you should do same. don't ever quote me again!
just quoted you, so what?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by arresa: 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
Grand supervisor, controller and director of stealing and looting activities with his looting gang and service chiefs...

grin grin

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by arewafederation: 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2016
Angelberry:

And if I do? undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by arewafederation: 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

Pay N10 to my account 4 speaking vernacular

Kai wawa ne? grin

Ni ba Sambo Dasuki bane.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Descartes: 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
shocked shocked

Meanwhile, Bokoharam has be technically been defeated while the defeated group are still ravaging borno

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
Caseless:
just quoted you, so what?
You may end up derailing your thread
Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by koboko69: 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
TippyTop:
Why do these people use their wives or daughters?

For instance Buhari's Aisha was used to siphon money and was even indicted in the united states.

U think non Igbos have time for beer palor gists?

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Retributionn: 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
Jonathan and his 40 thieves

Wicked Drunkard man

May God punish him and all IPOB wailers

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
arewafederation:

And if I do? undecided
I will ignore u

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by Caseless: 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Angelberry:

You may end up derailing your thread
are u troublemaker?

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by arewafederation: 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Descartes:
shocked shocked

Meanwhile, Bokoharam has be technically been defeated while the defeated group are still ravaging borno

All thanks to the ineffectual buffoon and his service chiefs.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by arewafederation: 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Angelberry:

I will ignore u

And then what?

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Traces N17.5bn To Accounts Of Ex-naf Chiefs’ Wives by TippyTop(m): 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
koboko69:

U think non Igbos have time for beer palor gists?
Whatever!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Suntai Discharged From German Hospital / NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage / Oby Ezekwesili Meets Nigerians In South Africa, Demands Apology From Ramphosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.