Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer (33032 Views)

Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer / How Lil Kesh’s Song, “efejoku” Made Me Lose A Job Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by gemtlesoul123: 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
Ori e baje
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Sharp212(m): 1:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
macklef:
Some people hate lil keshs song with passion.
I swear i can do the same if i want to employ someone and i hear those songs.
Am not d holy holy type o. But dos songs should not be played in public, u send a rong message
Even if u like it, use earpiece. Responsible people hate lil kesh. Na tout im b
Bro, that tout de live large pass most people u deem responsible and disciplined.

2 Likes

Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by onyowo(f): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
dazzlingd:
I don't believe this
Me too ohhhh.....
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by onyowo(f): 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
OP, wait are u kidding me
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by malikombi(m): 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
Cock and bull
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by onyowo(f): 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
I will insult the hell outta her that day...I'm not that desperate....for what na shuuuuuu....na chevron or Unicem on top paltry salary...TFH
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by ThinkingOutLoud(m): 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
She and her company dey mad
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by kingDELE(m): 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
macklef:
Am not d holy holy type o. But dos songs should not be played in public, u send a rong message
have you taken your drugs because i doubt if yuh are O.K.
hw will you say responsible pple hate lil kesh and i knw u ar not responsible.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by SPG4U(m): 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
espn:
my thoughts though.. yeah u are expected to either keep your phone on silent or switch em off.. if your story is true
bro no vex ooo, did you read the guys story, or u just glance true...

be sincere...

1 Like

Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Funkybabee(f): 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
don't worry bro another one will come, more far better than them. that's obstacle u meet when u want to become a successful man
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
Listen to me young man,

From my experience, that kind inhuman character behavior company is not meant for you. I wish to state that you deserve the best and that is what God is working for you. Have a little patience and don't relent. You will be employ this Feb.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Kogistate: 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
Irrespective of the HR personnel's (I'm assuming she must have been HR to make that call) opinion or views about your choice of music, she should have handled the situation better.

Please put the name of the company so we know to stay away.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by macklef(m): 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
kingDELE:

have you taken your drugs because i doubt if yuh are O.K.
hw will you say responsible pple hate lil kesh and i knw u ar not responsible.
Did i strike ur cord, hence the mention? Tell urself all u want. Its an irresponsible song for irresponsible people.
But, ones man meat is anoda mans poison anyways, but dat does not mean u should be calling
Bush rat chicken because u like d former.
Caio
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by serendipityF: 2:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
Lol...you suppose call her back with another number and swear for her wella...mtcheeew, Rubbish
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by macklef(m): 2:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
Sharp212:
Bro, that tout de live large pass most people u deem responsible and disciplined.
I do not disagree, d same way 419ers, Ritualists, thieves and Rapists leave large.
The fact someone lives large does not make him/her a force to be reckon with.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
Seriously, I wonder why people especially graduates still search for job in this country. I rather do yahoo daily, play MB 3x a week and hustle my painting job 5 times a month than turn slave for one stuuupid company. Mtchewwwwww
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by ThinkingOutLoud(m): 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
I hope you don't get to be in a position to hire people if this is the mentality you plan to use in shortlisting candidates.
macklef:
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by delishpot: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
Shioor. OP if Mabel says because of the music she heard , you are not the kind of person they want to employ, please send her an SMS saying if that company can stoop so low to hire her with that her bad character and attitude which stinks to hell and back, then that company is not the type you would want to work in.
Shikena.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by macklef(m): 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
ThinkingOutLoud:
I hope you don't get to be in a position to hire people if this is the mentality you plan to use in shortlisting candidates.

Mr man. Every company wants someone they can work with. Like minds should work togeda.
Havnt u heard of coys terminating employments of staff dat are in one scandal or d oda or dey are found in questionable places.
Etiquette is important in the official world, u must be careful of wat u do. Some actions just speak
Louder than words. Illd pick anoda candidate if d candidate i choose initially played any of lilkesh songs. It means d applicant has no inspiration in life
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by brownsug(f): 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Are we sure dis is not coming from don jazzy,character assasin

Aremu01:
Iranu
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by toprealman: 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nice attempt but it's just a lame way to make the artist part with some money. Bless ya hustle all the same!
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Sharp212(m): 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
macklef:

I do not disagree, d same way 419ers, Ritualists, thieves and Rapists leave large.
The fact someone lives large does not make him/her a force to be reckon with.
Sure, but been an artist is far above been a ritualist, rapists and the rest of them. The society does not frown at an artist the same way it does to ritualist and rapists.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by MrEdimulo82(m): 3:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
Yeye dey smell....make una dey deceive una self. choice of music
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by macklef(m): 4:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
Sharp212:
Sure, but been an artist is far above been a ritualist, rapists and the rest of them. The society does not frown at an artist the same way it does to ritualist and rapists.
Yeah. But artists such as lilkesh dosnt rock my boat. D same way some feel about charly boy.
Decency does it for me. My bad i guess
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by Sharp212(m): 4:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
macklef:

Yeah. But artists such as lilkesh dosnt rock my boat. D same way some feel about charly boy.
Decency does it for me. My bad i guess
I got it
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by HomeOfMe(f): 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
Although I'm not a fan of lil'kesh and his silly songs,but that was not enough reason for them to have denied you employment-what sort of thing is that? The kind of life you lead outside your work environment is strictly personal and not anybody's business.
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by aalex1: 4:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
Take ur case to public complaints commission,hope u've not deleted d text message and mobile numbers used to call you...make ur complaint,u have a case against dem..they hav no ryt to use such words to you....u can sue.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1088-the-disastrous-way-i-lost-a-job-because-of-lil-kesh-s-song-efejoku[/quote]
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by goldstarpamela(f): 4:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
Pls who knows any recruitment company in Abuja?? I just relocated to Abuja after I lost my job a month ago. Pls a sis is in dire need of a job!!
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by swimcash(m): 5:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
onismate:
I had seen couple of people come up online to complain about unemployment. I took it so easily not until I graduated and finished my NYSC that I began feeling the heat of unemployment and job hunting fire. Being a serious unemployed in Nigeria Is frustrating and intimidating.

My first ever job I applied for my NYSC, after the application, with even my 2.1 grade I wasn’t even invited for any form of test or interview. Na so I begin apply oo and yet nothing positive showed forth. One that pained me was the one I and 4 of my friends applied for. 4 of my friends were called and I was left behind. That one pain me sote I began crying. I felt intimidated, that I wasn’t good enough. I felt dejected and down casted. I felt I wasn’t up to my peers standard. All that made me strong.

Late 2015, November precisely I applied for a job in Abuja in an Auditing firm. A friend of mine sent me the link to apply. After applying, I was waiting for a feedback till the end of December. Yet no call or email, or even flash came from them. Na so I just forget about them, filling 2015 has gone with it.

On the 5th of January 2016 I visited my friend of mine in wuse. When I got there he was having a mini indoor party with his wife to be. They were playing “Efejoku” by Lil kesh. They were feeling the song. Immediately my phone rang. I checked the number calling and it wasn’t a number saved on my phone. I went to a corner that I could be able to speak audibly with the caller. I picked the call and it was a female voice. She said her name was Mabel and she was calling from the auditing firm I applied for the past year. Immediately I heard that, I immediately composed myself. But I was shocked the questions she started asking me. At first I thought it was a joke or complement but later, no be complement oo. Below was how our conversation went.

Mabel---- Good afternoon. My name is mabel, I believe am speaking with ********?

Me – Good afternoon .Yes you are.

Mabel---- Am from ******* Auditing firm. You applied for one of our vacant posts

Me ------- Yes I did.

Na here the call come turn another thing.

Mabel ------ Ehmm, what kind of song is that ?

Me---- Song! Which song?

Mabel—The song at the background. Or are you not the one playing that song

Then I realized she was talking about the song “efejoku” playing at my own end. I never knew she was hearing it because I was not close to the parlour where the song is being played. I was quit far from the speakers. I told her it’s my friend’s place.

Mabel ---- Why do you people like all these kind of wordly songs?

Me no know wetin to answer her. I thought she was calling to tell me that I have made it and their company had recruited me. I no come know the one wey she dey talk about song.

Me------ *silence**

Mabel---- It seems this is the kind of song you like too, you and your friends?

Me ---- Not at all ma, I …..

She cuts in

Mabel --- Our company wants responsible and sound people. Not mad men.

Me--- (I didn’t know what to tell her) Am in my friends place.

Mabel --- Your friend’s place? You guys stay in a ghetto area because we don’t want employees to bring thugs and ghetto into our company.

Me--- No ma aaa oooo. Am not in a ghetto.

Before I could finish she has cut the call. I was very pained and angry. My friend asked me to go to their office in Wuse the next day.

The next day I went to their office. I met with one of the staffs who asked me to wait for one Mr. James na so I begin wait till the Mr. James came. I explained what happened the previous day to him. He laughed and asked me to come back the next day. When I came back the next day, the Mr james directed me to one Mrs Dammy. I guessed she was the one that called the other day. But it was unfortunate that the Mrs Dammy was not around. I was asked to wait. Na so I wait reach 4pm, work close. I came back the next day, security no come allow me enter. Few days ago I got a text from an unknown number which I believe it’s from the firm. The text read. “Sorry we can’t employ you. We don’t employ thugs in ******* firm.” The thing pain me again. That was how I lost this job.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1088-the-disastrous-way-i-lost-a-job-because-of-lil-kesh-s-song-efejoku
n u xpect us 2 believe dis trash
onismate:
I had seen couple of people come up online to complain about unemployment. I took it so easily not until I graduated and finished my NYSC that I began feeling the heat of unemployment and job hunting fire. Being a serious unemployed in Nigeria Is frustrating and intimidating.

My first ever job I applied for my NYSC, after the application, with even my 2.1 grade I wasn’t even invited for any form of test or interview. Na so I begin apply oo and yet nothing positive showed forth. One that pained me was the one I and 4 of my friends applied for. 4 of my friends were called and I was left behind. That one pain me sote I began crying. I felt intimidated, that I wasn’t good enough. I felt dejected and down casted. I felt I wasn’t up to my peers standard. All that made me strong.

Late 2015, November precisely I applied for a job in Abuja in an Auditing firm. A friend of mine sent me the link to apply. After applying, I was waiting for a feedback till the end of December. Yet no call or email, or even flash came from them. Na so I just forget about them, filling 2015 has gone with it.

On the 5th of January 2016 I visited my friend of mine in wuse. When I got there he was having a mini indoor party with his wife to be. They were playing “Efejoku” by Lil kesh. They were feeling the song. Immediately my phone rang. I checked the number calling and it wasn’t a number saved on my phone. I went to a corner that I could be able to speak audibly with the caller. I picked the call and it was a female voice. She said her name was Mabel and she was calling from the auditing firm I applied for the past year. Immediately I heard that, I immediately composed myself. But I was shocked the questions she started asking me. At first I thought it was a joke or complement but later, no be complement oo. Below was how our conversation went.

Mabel---- Good afternoon. My name is mabel, I believe am speaking with ********?

Me – Good afternoon .Yes you are.

Mabel---- Am from ******* Auditing firm. You applied for one of our vacant posts

Me ------- Yes I did.

Na here the call come turn another thing.

Mabel ------ Ehmm, what kind of song is that ?

Me---- Song! Which song?

Mabel—The song at the background. Or are you not the one playing that song

Then I realized she was talking about the song “efejoku” playing at my own end. I never knew she was hearing it because I was not close to the parlour where the song is being played. I was quit far from the speakers. I told her it’s my friend’s place.

Mabel ---- Why do you people like all these kind of wordly songs?

Me no know wetin to answer her. I thought she was calling to tell me that I have made it and their company had recruited me. I no come know the one wey she dey talk about song.

Me------ *silence**

Mabel---- It seems this is the kind of song you like too, you and your friends?

Me ---- Not at all ma, I …..

She cuts in

Mabel --- Our company wants responsible and sound people. Not mad men.

Me--- (I didn’t know what to tell her) Am in my friends place.

Mabel --- Your friend’s place? You guys stay in a ghetto area because we don’t want employees to bring thugs and ghetto into our company.

Me--- No ma aaa oooo. Am not in a ghetto.

Before I could finish she has cut the call. I was very pained and angry. My friend asked me to go to their office in Wuse the next day.

The next day I went to their office. I met with one of the staffs who asked me to wait for one Mr. James na so I begin wait till the Mr. James came. I explained what happened the previous day to him. He laughed and asked me to come back the next day. When I came back the next day, the Mr james directed me to one Mrs Dammy. I guessed she was the one that called the other day. But it was unfortunate that the Mrs Dammy was not around. I was asked to wait. Na so I wait reach 4pm, work close. I came back the next day, security no come allow me enter. Few days ago I got a text from an unknown number which I believe it’s from the firm. The text read. “Sorry we can’t employ you. We don’t employ thugs in ******* firm.” The thing pain me again. That was how I lost this job.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1088-the-disastrous-way-i-lost-a-job-because-of-lil-kesh-s-song-efejoku
n u xpect us 2 believe dis trash
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by ewizard1: 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
LieNus!!!
Re: How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer by udysweet(f): 5:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
LaurelP:

grin gbam gbam dim dim
Hahahaha! Abi o. If u listen to Yaw' on wazobia FM 95.1 you will hear him make use of the word often.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Just Got A Job In A University With My 3rd Class. / An Ugly Experience With A HR Officer In Abuja / Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.