Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. (11652 Views)

Gov. Ambode At Signing Of Bond Deal With Issuing Houses At Lagos House, Ikeja / 5 Simple Ways To Reduce The Cost Of Your Building Project / How Much Is Your House Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. by NifemiOlu(m): 9:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
nikkyshyne:
So you bypassed the agent right?
I didn't bypass the agent, I put myself directly with the landlord in company of the agent. No stories. I got firsthand information.
Re: Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. by NifemiOlu(m): 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Hi, my cousin bro is planning on going to unilag soonest, what are the tips to avoid this house scams there and you know safest area to live close to the campus?
Relating with returning students will help a lot.
Re: Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. by Sunnypar(m): 4:51am On Feb 27, 2016
wisemany2k:

Please don't categorize all landlords as the bolded. I've lived as a tenant in some houses and I've never experienced any bad side of the landlords. Just because some landlords and agents swindle people off money doesn't mean all landlords and agents are fraudsters undecided

It's just like saying a Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa/Bini/Efik/Other tribe landlord molested a minor living with his tenant then we all conclude that everyone from the same tribe as the the landlord is a child molester? undecided
Very few are too good. My house, the landlady is OK, my uncle's house the woman is nice, my own house, the landlord is OK, even if he want to eat our money we usually know just give Baba, but note once the owner of the house is no longer alive.... Forget it, the children become greedy and words would fail me here.

1 Like

Re: Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. by Timtol(m): 11:24pm On Nov 21, 2017
Re: Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. by haywire07(m): 6:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
haywire07:
I wish to be scammed undecided
5 years after, I'm here rebuking this comment in Jesus name grin

I was shocked with the comment until I saw my monicka grin cheesy
Re: Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. by PaulH07: 3:11am On Nov 09, 2023
MosakuAW:
A word is enough for the wise.

So called landlords(ladies) are dubious, greedy and crazy people. Imagine me paying for 2yrs rent plus commission and damages adding up to N900,000 and after my rent expired, my landlady increases my rent to 500k from 350k just because a new 2 storey building was built beside my house and the landlord of the house requested for N500k per annum.

I refused to pay the 500k and asked her to give me quit notice of 6months or let me make the payment of 350K x2 of another 2yrs or i use 6-9months free in the apartment before parking out.

Today, the rest is history. You have to be strong and dont do gentle man things with all this landlords and agents.

I'm guessing this would be my fate too if I rent oh...
Re: Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. by PaulH07: 3:13am On Nov 09, 2023
Mekky2010:
In normal climes u actually agree on all terms, sign contract before payment. That contract becomes the authority under which payment is being made.

In Nigeria they keep shouting just pay if u like it o else somebody else will pay.

I was forming obodo oyibo while looking for house in Abj, nobody was even ready to show me the draft agreement not to talk of signing before payment.

Hmmm, this is scary

(1) (2) (Reply)

AMEN ESTATE PHASE 2 12million per plot with development fees inclusive / Remote IP-CCTV Security For Home/Business / 2 UNITS OF 3BEDROOM FLAT FOR SALE IN IKORODU !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.