Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

ACCA And CIMA, Which Is Better - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ACCA And CIMA, Which Is Better (2673 Views)

Information On ACCA And ICAN + Which One Is Best? / Acca And Dip-ifr E-books And Photocopy Material @ A Cheaper Rate / Acca And Cfa Scholars, Lets Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACCA And CIMA, Which Is Better by cnc(m): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2009
I'm really contemplating on which to go for.
Re: ACCA And CIMA, Which Is Better by Nevillexus: 9:34am On Jul 02, 2009
I,m certified in both,go for ACCA.

1 Like

Re: ACCA And CIMA, Which Is Better by cnc(m): 9:51am On Jul 02, 2009
pls, what's the duration for each of them?
Re: ACCA And CIMA, Which Is Better by Jaytee67(m): 11:04am On Jul 02, 2009
Duration will depend on the individual, i.e. YOU
I am an ICAN member and I know that our professional students have up to 10 years from the date of their registrations to pass all the stages of the professional exam and qualify as a chartered accountant. The exams is twice in a year (May and November) for ICAN and this is to say that a very serious and brilliant student can pass two stages in a year and in two or three years, he is done. Wishing you the very best but as you are considering ACCA and CIMA, try and put ACA (ICAN) into your consideration. You may wish to know that ICAN is the only IFAC recognized accounting professional body in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ACCA And CIMA, Which Is Better by Nevillexus: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2009
CNC,
Please go for what is international recognized,U can always get 100% exemption into ICAN upon completion of ACCA.I will be ICAN member soon without sitting any exams. Go to www.accaglobal.com,it is what i recommend for you.I have recommendable experience and i know what i,m saying.About the duration of ACCA,U can take 3-4 years to complete,I took 3 years for it,forget the 10 years thing,it isn,t for u and i.Remember in this innovative and emerging world of finance,u need to aim at the top cause it,s less crowded.U can get some free materials and tips from this site:http://opentuition.com. If u have any problem or further enquiry email me using dnevillez@gmail.com. "ACCA,QUALIFY FOR LIFE"
Re: ACCA And CIMA, Which Is Better by cnc(m): 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2009
Nevillexus:

CNC,
Please go for what is international recognized,U can always get 100% exemption into ICAN upon completion of ACCA.I will be ICAN member soon without sitting any exams. Go to www.accaglobal.com,it is what i recommend for you.I have recommendable experience and i know what i,m saying.About the duration of ACCA,U can take 3-4 years to complete,I took 3 years for it,forget the 10 years thing,it isn,t for u and i.Remember in this innovative and emerging world of finance,u need to aim at the top cause it,s less crowded.U can get some free materials and tips from this site:http://opentuition.com. If u have any problem or further enquiry email me using dnevillez@gmail.com. "ACCA,QUALIFY FOR LIFE"

Nevillexus, thanks a lot.
What's the registration process like? and possible study centres (wkends). if i register this month, will i be legible to start writing this december? which period in the months of june and december do the exams hold.
Re: ACCA And CIMA, Which Is Better by Nevillexus: 3:46pm On Jul 02, 2009
Hi,
The ACCA registration process is very simple,go to www.accaglobal.com and click on JOIN US,then follow the instructions and ride on.Make sure u also send hard copies of required supported documents to ACCA-UK (check postal address on website).About fees payment,u can use credit card ,cheque or get help from centres or ACCA naija.Yes, u can register now and be eligible for the Dec 09 diet,deadline is 15th Aug 09 but i will advice u start the registration now.About the tuition centres i don,t know much because i never used one.Use this link to research on some centres in Nig:http://www.3vltd.com/acca/tuition.html.Exams are usually held from 1st monday of June/Dec. Dec diet will be from 7 Dec-16 Dec. Remember no exam is difficult,let no one tell u that F5,F7,F8 or P1 is difficult.Nurture your capacity and realize your dreams.

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Postgraduate Admission / 2015/2016 UNILAG Postgraduate Admission Form Now On Sale / My Brother's Jamb 2017 Utme Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.