Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:11 AM

UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students (8316 Views)

Rioting Students In Kano Destroy School Properties (Photos) / ASUU: We Have Had A Enough Of Toying With The Future Of Students -aruna Kadiri / Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by demi55: 6:03am On Feb 05, 2016
the thing is y did unilag admit up to 95 tudents for diploma. .

and 60 from utme!!!.hw can diploma be favored more than regular students and 4.11 cgpa used wow unilag u na try ooh....is it not supposed to be dat 95 be picked from utme and 60 from diploma....this is a simple case they should just tell the remaining mbbs to come next year and be admitted to 200level medicine. ..most importantly! !!! dah 4.11 must be reduced! !!!
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by demi55: 6:05am On Feb 05, 2016
4.11 is to high and 60!!...seriously unilag😯😯
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 6:45am On Feb 05, 2016
demi55:
it was 3.0!
you're a premed student unilag?course?
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by markemordi(m): 8:16am On Feb 05, 2016
demi55:
the thing is y did unilag admit up to 95 tudents for diploma. .

and 60 from utme!!!.hw can diploma be favored more than regular students and 4.11 cgpa used wow unilag u na try ooh....is it not supposed to be dat 95 be picked from utme and 60 from diploma....this is a simple case they should just tell the remaining mbbs to come next year and be admitted to 200level medicine. ..most importantly! !!! dah 4.11 must be reduced! !!!
Sorry to say but u are WRONG....They collected 65 from Diploma and they all got the highest point which is 16 equivalent to 5.0cgpa

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by demi55: 8:30am On Feb 05, 2016
labodinho:
you're a premed student unilag?course?
yes medicine
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by demi55: 8:32am On Feb 05, 2016
markemordi:

So to say but u are WRONG....They collected 65 from Diploma and they all got the highest point which is 16 equivalent to 5.0cgpa
my dear there was another list
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
demi55:
yes medicine
oh okay....wish i could ask some other confidential questions too but we can pin it down here. wink
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by davbravo(m): 2:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
demi55:
my dear there was another list
there was no other list , just 65 were admitted, u can check d list pasted on d notice board at idiaraba.....it also contains our matric numbers...... n besides they cant admit more than medicine's quota which is 150 n 95+60 is 155 which is not possible........Everyone is just carrying rumours around just to make those that entered with diploma look like d bad guys.......N also d reason y 65 were admitted is because they all got 16points which is d highest point attainable, so there was no way to increase d cutoff.........They also admitted 7 other students that applied with other certificates ( Cambridge A'level, etc) for medicine... nt everyone admitted through DE were diploma students.........which makes a total of 72 students admitted through DE for medicine.........78 slots were left for utme mbbs students ( don't know y they took only 60)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by davbravo(m): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
Those that didn't meet their cutoff have been transferred to other deparments
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 4:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
davbravo:
Those that didn't meet their cutoff have been transferred to other deparments

for Utme students?changed to departments in the college of medicine?
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by davbravo(m): 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
labodinho:

for Utme students?changed to departments in the college of medicine?
courses under faculty of science n psychology (social science)...I haven't seen the full list yet, so am not completely sure
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
davbravo:
ciurses under faculty of science n psychology (social science)...I haven't seen the full list yet, so am not completely sure

I guess they will open portal for course registration for them to registration their courses.They might the drag the case though.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 5:24pm On Feb 05, 2016
Unilag Pre-Med. crossing crisis for session 2014/2015

The long awaited list for the normal crossing of pre-medical student(100L) to pre-clinical(200L) was released this week on 1st of February,2016.Owing to the the normal criteria for crossing to 200L medical student which is 50-50-50 i.e. 50 in Physicals,50 in Chemicals and 50 in Biological courses and failure to the criteria will lead to repeating 100L and another failure in the repeated year will lead to change to another course in the Faculty of Science.But the list released turned the table all around which led to the crisis on ground.

There was a meeting held second semester the pre-med. student last session,2014/2015, with the Sub-Dean of Faculty of Science during the second semester which the main bone of contention of the meeting was that “adding the previous criteria which was the 50-50-50,the CGPA of the student will be a reference in determining their crossing over too” but then, the CGPA to be used was not given and cgpa to be used became a puzzle in everyone’s mind. https://unilaglabodinho./2016/02/05/unilag-pre-med-crossing-crisis-for-session-20142015/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by davbravo(m): 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
labodinho:

I guess they will open portal for course registration for them to registration their courses.They might the drag the case though.
yeah, i think so
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 5:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
davbravo:
yeah, i think so

Ok..I just checked Sub Dean's office now and nothing was posted there meaning the list is at idi araba or what do you think?
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by davbravo(m): 5:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
labodinho:

Ok..I just checked Sub Dean's office now and nothing was posted there meaning the list is at idi araba or what do you think?
it hasn't been pasted yet, those concerned can meet d sub dean...She'll show u d list..part of it was sent to my whatsapp group chat....that's a page below

Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
davbravo:

it hasn't been pasted yet, those concerned can meet d sub dean...She'll show u d list..part of it was sent to my whatsapp group chat....that's a page below

oh okay.Made sense at least.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by protonz(m): 6:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
this is so not right...we refuse dis fvcking list. from Rad to fisheries.
pls u all should endeavor to turn up @akoka on Monday by 8am....those affected can come with their parents.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by davbravo(m): 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
protonz:
this is so not right...we refuse dis fvcking list. from Rad to fisheries.
pls u all should endeavor to turn up @akoka on Monday by 8am....those affected can come with their parents.
Are u Richmond, just saw ur name on d list....My friend was given botany( originally radiography too)
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by demi55: 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
labodinho:

oh okay.Made sense at least.
makes what!...abeg oh this is wrong putting students that passed to a course they never bargained for!..they said no space at akoka b4 now now they hv created space!!....wow...they will look for space in idiaraba very soon

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by demi55: 7:20pm On Feb 05, 2016
davbravo:

there was no other list , just 65 were admitted, u can check d list pasted on d notice board at idiaraba.....it also contains our matric numbers...... n besides they cant admit more than medicine's quota which is 150 n 95+60 is 155 which is not possible........Everyone is just carrying rumours around just to make those that entered with diploma look like d bad guys.......N also d reason y 65 were admitted is because they all got 16points which is d highest point attainable, so there was no way to increase d cutoff.........They also admitted 7 other students that applied with other certificates ( Cambridge A'level, etc) for medicine... nt everyone admitted through DE were diploma students.........which makes a total of 72 students admitted through DE for medicine.........78 slots were left for utme mbbs students ( don't know y they took only 60)
are u a direct entry student for medicine
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by davbravo(m): 7:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
demi55:
are u a direct entry student for medicine
no, but my friends are.....Am for MLS
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by davbravo(m): 7:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
demi55:
makes what!...abeg oh this is wrong putting students that passed to a course they never bargained for!..they said no space at akoka b4 now now they hv created space!!....wow...they will look for space in idiaraba very soon
They can no longer create space at idiaraba except if d course is nt completely filled.......there's a particular number of students that can be inducted into their various councils( depending on d course), like I said for medicine its 150 n for other medical n paramedical courses its i think 50...... if the number of students taken into d college is more than that, then there'll be issues.....for example, my dept MLS, two sets have graduated but non as been inducted into the MLSCN because they're more than 50 for each set.....our HOD said they're still negotiating with d council, but they can't make d same mistake again.....so I think this may also b another reason y alot of students didn't crossover
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by opeaceo: 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2016
femozy:
I crave the indulgence of this media outlet to look into this matter going on currently at the University of Lagos. Students who were admitted into medical courses in 2014 were given a criteria to meet in their 100l  exams which is either a g.p of  2.0 or an average of 50/50/50 in their biological, physical and chemical aspects of their course to be able to cross to the college of medicine Idi-Araba.
      That is what we students were told on entry into the university during the orientation. And now upon seeing the list, the criteria was changed  not informing we students about it, picking just a few students, And not taking in those who passed the previous criteria given. On a normal circumstance those who can't make it are to take a change of course form into other available courses in the university but that closed only few days before the list of students that passed  the new criteria given was released. With the School fees portal closed, change of course closed, course registration closed. We re now being told to go and take another Jamb or differ our admissions to 2017. After spending a year in the school. Is that fair? On behalf of we affected students in the college of medicine Idi-Araba,  I ask that your media house sees into this matter and see that our rights as students are not taking for granted.

A gp of 2.0 for MBBS?? For other courses, it isnt even acceptable, a gp of 2.5 is the requirement. You guys need to slap whoever told you that, the gp required for crossover this year is kinda low, it is usually 4.5.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by opeaceo: 8:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
labodinho:

You say what?? Please don't bank on that, if you have an alternative, "shook" ya eye there ooo.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by protonz(m): 8:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
opeaceo:

A gp of 2.0 for MBBS?? For other courses, it isnt even acceptable, a gp of 2.5 is the requirement. You guys need to slap whoever told you that, the gp required for crossover this year is kinda low, it is usually 4.5.
wat is dis 1 saying undecided
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 8:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
demi55:

Not making sense o,i just rechecked the list,i didn't see the last column i thought they gave a slot at cmul for them.Sorry bout that jare.Let's see what comes up on Monday.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 8:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
opeaceo:

You say what?? Please don't bank on that, if you have an alternative, "shook" ya eye there ooo.

Tanx ma'am but i'm not affected.I'm a student of another Faculty of same Uni. and as for the reopening of portal,they will surely open it again.tanx
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
protonz:

I'm still wondering too o.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by opeaceo: 9:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
protonz:

I am saying that whoever told you that you need a gp of 2.0 to crossover told you a lie or probably, you're the one telling lies.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by opeaceo: 9:07pm On Feb 05, 2016
labodinho:

Tanx ma'am but i'm not affected.I'm a student of another Faculty of same Uni. and as for the reopening of portal,they will surely open it again.tanx

They won't open it anymore except for editing courses.
Re: UNILAG Wants To Destroy D Future Of Premed Students by labodinho: 9:11pm On Feb 05, 2016
opeaceo:

They won't open it anymore except for editing courses.

then why will they give them another course in the current session and refuse to open portal for reg. does that make any sense if they won't reopen it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebonyi Wins Democracy School Debate 2016 / Student Caught Having Sex With Lecturer’s Wife / Any Latest News About Oscotech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.