Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

8 Steps That Will Instantly Turn Transform The Nigerian Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Steps That Will Instantly Turn Transform The Nigerian Economy (662 Views)

IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… / OPC Members To Transform To Snakes And Lions To Fight Militants In Ogun / 12 Things Buhari Govt Is Putting In Place To Revive Nigerian Economy - Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Steps That Will Instantly Turn Transform The Nigerian Economy by continentalceo(m): 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
Can this government stop Playing blames games and focus on the reality of the current state of the Economy. All I see everyday is the Past Government did this and that. Here are the reasons why I know that this government might turn out to be a scam.

Nigeria has all it takes to solve all its economic problems and still generate revenue for the government alongside.
How can they do this?

1.ROADS-If the government can go into partnership with private investors like its done in the west, by mounting toll gates on every major road and charge drivers one naira Per crossing of any tollgate to every car apart from public transport. The government then takes 20kobo and the company takes 80kobo. The company will maintain the roads and the Govenment will still generate revenue from doing nothing and Nigerians are happy to pay because the roads smooth, lightened and kept safe by the Company. Everyone wins.

2. Ban all imported items that are produced locally and encourage the Local items with available and easily accessible loan.

3. Revoke all the Oil Products Marketer's licence and replace them with giving out licence to build refineries no matter how little their capacity.

4. Power- Give free land and Minimal tax to every company that want to invest in power. Every state should have at least 5 diffrent sources of Power to encourages competition. Bring in chinese companies to come and Produce cheap solar Panel and Inverters here in Nigeria.

5. Rail- Partner with the Chinese on rail projects in Nigeria and only accept the latest rail technologies.

6. Give out Cash Awards to the best graduating student of every department in every government School in Nigeria.

7. Encourage Local Miners to get foreign Partners and Get free Minning Licence.

8. Give Nafdac Registration Number for free to any producer after Testing his/her Product and you are sure its safe for public consumption instead let them Pay taxes every year to Nafdac

If the government can do all these then in 5years Nigeria will be the China of Africa. We will start by exporting to other African Economies and everything will fall into place Naturally.

But if this government that I so hoped will bring change can not Put aside Party afflictions, blame games, sentiments, incessant Foreign trips,Political jargon etc and start Making tough policies then we are all screwed.

Pls Feel Free to Add yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Steps That Will Instantly Turn Transform The Nigerian Economy by HungerBAD: 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
I like this list.

The number 6 though.

I will advise the Government not to give any monetary compensation, as this might make the system to be crooked,instead scholarships should be encouraged.

One of the biggest factors for any economy to thrive, if not the biggest is Electricity. If our Power can really be stabilized, then i see other things following.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Steps That Will Instantly Turn Transform The Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
Following
Re: 8 Steps That Will Instantly Turn Transform The Nigerian Economy by kayfra: 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
Your list doesn't consider realities of a democratic government. They are too arbitrary without any considerations for reality.
Re: 8 Steps That Will Instantly Turn Transform The Nigerian Economy by ijedallar: 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
number 7 & 8 will be the fastest and greatest point
Re: 8 Steps That Will Instantly Turn Transform The Nigerian Economy by udumosam23(m): 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
On point. If you contest with this points as your agenda, guy you go win 2019 election

(1) (Reply)

Corruption Allegations: Probe Me, Gani Adams Tells EFCC / Former Minister Of Health, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu Dumps PDP For APC / Judge: Rickey Tarfa Harassing My Court With 90 Sans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.