Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament (37732 Views)

Governor Wike Receives Goodluck Jonathan As He Lands In Port-harcourt. Photos / Goodluck Jonathan As An Election Observer In Tanzania (Photos) / Buhari Hails Jonathan At AU Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by stephenduru: 3:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
President Buhari has commended the gesture of the former president Goodluck Jonathan on relinquishing power after losing the 2015 general election which ensured that Nigeria remained peaceful despite predictions of tension before the elections.

The president lauded Jonathan while speaking at the European Union parliament’s plenary session in Strasbourg, France on Wednesday, February 3 while further stating that Jonathan set a trend that no other Nigerian leader has set.

He said: “Democracy has come to Nigeria to stay, sooner than we expected, Nigeria will be regarded as one of the strongest in Africa.”

President Buhari also restated the commitment of the government to find and rescue the abducted Chibok girls and ensure that they are reunited with their parents.

He said: “The government will not rest until the girls are rescued alive and reunited to their parents,”

He also noted that technological backwardness, poverty and diseases are one of the problems of the government.

President Buhari also spoke on the war aginst the Boko Haram terrorists and the military’s success so far?

“We have reorganised the Nigerian Armed Forces and repositioned them to deal decisively with the Boko Haram terrorists.

“Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states local government areas where the insurgents once dominated have been gradually recaptured.”

The president also said that the activities of the insurgents has been decimated to only the Sambisa Forest.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/jonathan-did-what-no-nigerian-has-ever.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by HungerBAD: 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
Mr President.

I beg to disagree with you. Goodluck Jonathan did not do anything special, he got his behind whopped by the Nigerian Electorate, tired of him and his thieving Cabal, and he respectfully did the RIGHT thing by handing over to the Winner.

Nigeria is still a Democratic Country, and there is nothing special if a "LOSER" passes on the BATON of Power to the "WINNER".

122 Likes 18 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by excellencyabia1: 3:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
k
Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
OK

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nothing special with his actions while in office.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Elosky20: 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
n
Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by divinehand2003(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
Give honour to those that deserve to be honoured.

169 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by inforesource: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
If the title was, "PMB bashed GEJ" then it will be news. PMB knows what it takes to let go power willingly in Africa. It isn't in our leaders blood. But thank God for GEJ for that single act that saves this great Nation from impending disaster.

God bless PMB
God bless GEJ
God has already blessed Nigeria.
Long live Federal Republic Of Nigeria

238 Likes 16 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by doyinisaac(m): 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Mr President.

I beg to disagree with you. Goodluck Jonathan did not do anything special, he got his behind whopped by the Nigerian Electorate, tired of him and his thieving Cabal, and he respectfully did the RIGHT thing by handing over to the Winner.

Nigeria is still a Democratic Country, and there is nothing special if a "LOSER" passes on the BATON of Power to the "WINNER".
Welcome to Nigeria,a country where people celebrate you for accepting defeat...just do election and loose and accept defeat then you become a hero...

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by zuby4real10(m): 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
GIRL : Dad, my fiance is a hausa man DAD : God forbid!, boko haram people!?.. GIRL : he's Dangote's brother DAD : Well; we re all human beings�!

106 Likes 14 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by tomakint: 3:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Mr President.

Truly hunger is bad.......won't you agree my guy undecided

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Vision4God: 3:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
U shall know d truth n d truth will set u free

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Goke7: 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Mr President.

its all diplomacy my brother, let's accept it like that especially for loosers, at least something to pacify them biko

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by yungpowers(m): 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
Ok
Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by dani3(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
Even BUBU knows that GEJ is a hero. Zombies how market una 5k alart never enter? grin

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by anwe: 3:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
Haters would have love Nigeria to go the way of Libya, Syria, Iraq. I thank God for a true Nigerian, the son of his father who said and I quote " I will improve the fortunes of election in Nigeria and that his ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian.
Today we can build on his successes and move this country forward. Nigeria will remain a great country because of the labour of our heroes past.
May God bless GEJ
May God bless PMB
May God bless Nigeria

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Tallesty1(m): 3:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Mr President.

Your opinion bro, you're entitled to it and PMB is also entitled to his own.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
Buhari,if you are so incapable of governance, you should resign with immediate alacrity. Too bad he could be praising that cunny boy,Jonathan,who tried desperately to truncate the 2015 presidential election via Orubebe. Buhari should be praising folks like Jega and the Nigerian populace. In appreciation of that, he should put in place progressing economic policy for the common man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by jumper524(m): 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
pls stop defending that man like say na beta person

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Pidggin(f): 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
If not for GEJ's wisdom there would have been bloodshed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by KINGwax007(m): 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
This PMB for deceive person sha..

How many democratic govt did we have in naija?

Even OBJ, a military man, in his time as the military dictator, handed over to a civilian without trying to die there.

Jonathan wey use all im life and the lives of others people to try and stay in power wey no work.

Yoruba say if person run say make he no be disappointed, if he got disappointed, na to run make person no die remain.

Dude don try, he don see say he's not wanted anymore, wetin he for do?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Phame: 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Mr President.

buhari is being careful with his words. If you want to know how he would take it out on gej, let's wait for the probe to be over. Gej lost and we kicked him out.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by cutestcee: 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Mr President.

Keep lamenting! Even your boss can now see and reason better than u, clown!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by LesbianBoy(m): 4:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
So even Certificate-less, Gworo-chewing, burukutu-sipping bastard buhari recognizes GEJ as the hero of our democracy? That's Good! BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN I LIKE HIM THOUGH. I hope the zombies can now see what we have been saying.

Meanwhile..

Buhari must be an IPOB youth for praising GEJ - APC zombies

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
No mata how lies travels the truth would surely catch up wit it someday.GEJ is no saint,but every rite tinkin nigerian would appreciate wat that man did for our country.GEJ for me and millions of nigerians that refuse to b zombies we appreciate u also sir

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by asadike(f): 4:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
Na so e dey start, i no say one day, Buhari go join d wailers club.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by TheOnlyWiseMan: 4:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Mr President.

Child of Pain and anger spotted.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Daintelectual(m): 4:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Mr President.

You are still a learner...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Lionsclaw: 4:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
Only his zombies dont know this. They have been programmed by default to be brainless since may 1st 2015

11 Likes

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by Lionsclaw: 4:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Mr President.

grin This thing happening to you is not your clear eyes na the way them programme you to reason lol

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Hails Jonathan As He Addressed The European Union Parliament by drss(m): 4:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
do we need d dullard to tell us wat we already know about GEJ's good sportmanship
- my political ambition is not worth d blood of any nigerian. -GEJ
- if i lose elections, baboon n dogs will soak in blood. - buari dullard.

Two quotes from nigeria's leaders, one d face of democracy in africa, d oda an embarassment to democracy.

28 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari In Exclusive Interview With NTA (Live Thread) / El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics / Dino Melaye Demands Refund Of Funds From Party Agents After Loosing Kogi Guber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.