Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges (23480 Views)

Ondo Election: Tinubu Hails Akeredolu’s Victory, Oyegun, Buhari / Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR / Wike's Victory At Supreme Court: No Victory Yet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by toliba1(m): 7:07am On Feb 04, 2016
ABUJA—National Chairman of All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief John Oyegun, has called for the investigation of Supreme Court judges.

Oyegun made the call against the backdrop of his party’s loss of Rivers State governorship seat to the opposition People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

It will be recalled that the supreme court last week affirmed the election of the state governor, Nyesom Wike, and dismissed the prayers of the APC governorship candidate, Dakuku Peterside who prayed for cancellation of judgment of the state election petition tribunal.

But speaking in a meeting with a delegation of the party from the state, led by Peterside, Oyegun, who expressed shock over the ruling of the supreme court, said there was “something fundamentally wrong in the judiciary.”

On the demand of meeting with President Mohammadu Buhari which was canvassed by the delegation, Oyegun promised to schedule a meeting between the President and members of Rivers APC to address the state of the party in the state.

Oyegun said: “The APC National leadership has not neglected party leaders and supporters in Rivers State. The state has always been in the front burner of discussion and decision in the party. There is obviously something fundamentally wrong in Rivers State which needs to be investigated and addressed.

“Your visit has had a sober effect on me. This meeting will kickstart urgent actions to address what went wrong. As of today, there is an attempt being made by INEC to bar us from elections in Anambra and other states. We must address these issues. I still find the judgement on the Rivers State governorship election totally astonishing. There is something fundamentally wrong in the judiciary.

“We have lost very important resource-rich states to the PDP. No matter how crude oil prices have fallen, it is still the most important revenue earner for the country.

“I will take up your request to facilitate a meeting with the President. We will do that as soon as possible and also make it clear that there are problems which as a party, we must address.”

Speaking earlier on behalf of the delegation, Peterside said since they lost the case, the feeling of the people in the state was that of orphan.

He stated that the only consolation they had was the ministerial appointment given to their leader and former governor of the state, Chibuike Ameachi.
Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/wikes-victory-oyegun-calls-for-probe-of-s-court-judges/

2 Likes

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by psucc(m): 7:11am On Feb 04, 2016
Them am sure the APC had an unholy alliance and does not have the interest of Nigeria let alone Nigerians at heart.

This is the height of stupidity.

No change is so strong as to wipe away without leaving a trace of the former.

140 Likes 10 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by 1shortblackboy: 7:12am On Feb 04, 2016
Haahahahhaahaha

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by bonechamberlain(m): 7:13am On Feb 04, 2016
this man is a mad man, am ashamed for him, he should be careful with what he says.

the way things are now it's obvious buhari is not in control of somethings in the country, those in control were able to influence the appeal court to give judgement in favour of apc, but weren't able to influence the supreme Court, now they are meeting buhari to make sure he exerts pressure on the supreme Court. it's obvious oyegun and his fellow apc bandits don't have the interest of this nation at heart, from the kind of statements we hear.

181 Likes 14 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by Nellybank(m): 7:14am On Feb 04, 2016
I am an APC executive in my LGA but i am so much disappointed in this old man. So you really wanted the oil-rich-states so that you will continue from were pdp stopped. Hmmm... This country must be free one day from the hands of this rogues called polithievecians

194 Likes 15 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by orisa37: 7:16am On Feb 04, 2016
Oyegun is calling for lawlessness and anarchy. He is an evil monster that must be Stopped now or we all sink with him.

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by divinehand2003(m): 7:17am On Feb 04, 2016
Lol.
Oya EFCC and ICPC, we hand over those suspected judges to you with immediate effect for thorough probes.
Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by kingdompropty: 7:18am On Feb 04, 2016
We shall begin with Tribunal and Appeal court judges grin.

Criminal party - APC.

135 Likes 12 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by Mjshexy(f): 7:19am On Feb 04, 2016
Oyegun shouldn't be saying this, the same supreme court has upheld the victory of APC governors in the past but the highest court in the land was not called to be investigated then, we can't be in charge of the whole states in the country, it's not a do or die affair, the people have the right to choose who ever they want to lead them. It's time for us to face the more damning issues bedeviling us rather than wallowing in the past. Nigerians are eagerly waiting. God bless us all...

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by dustmalik: 7:20am On Feb 04, 2016
Nellybank:
I am an APC executive in my LGA but i am so much disappointed in this old man. So you really wanted the oil-rich-states so that you will continue from were pdp stopped. Hmmm... This country must be free one day from the hands of this rogues called polithievecians
Be wary of Vanguard. I'm sure they smuggled in that statement. Don't you think Oyegun would be so foolish to make such statement in a place full of press?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by yaqq: 7:20am On Feb 04, 2016
lol! d sole reason for upholding Wike is that even if a re-run is pass as judgement PDP will still win, so d judge saves d APC a lot of headache, u guys already control over 60% of states in Nigeria.... the oil part made me 'lol.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by ogba20: 7:22am On Feb 04, 2016
psucc:
Them am sure the APC had an unholy alliance and does not have the interest of Nigeria let alone Nigerians at heart.

This is the height of stupidity.

No change is so strong as to wipe away without leaving a trace of the former.
those that has an ear let them hear, look at the statement coming out a national leader of a party.God help your children

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by chubhiee: 7:24am On Feb 04, 2016
Gbawe, so this has been your plans all along?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by mazzi: 7:24am On Feb 04, 2016
All I wana tell you the don really care about us...michael jackson.

This man has no shame,how can he say such a thing in the public? So what I have been hearing that APC want oil states are true?

Moral lesson: never betray your people for any promise or interest.see APC people in rivers state are been treated like ophan.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by Gr8amechi: 7:26am On Feb 04, 2016
Today is my birthday show some love

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by AtlanticBreeze: 7:31am On Feb 04, 2016
in a sane country oyegun would have resigned over these shameful comments. Can't believe he said these... gosh

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by naijapips02: 7:31am On Feb 04, 2016
dustmalik:

Be wary of Vanguard. I'm sure they smuggled in that statement. Don't you think Oyegun would be so foolish to make such statement in a place full of press?

he made those statements, Sir.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by omowolewa: 7:37am On Feb 04, 2016
APC was caught napping, the supreme court judges acted on principles which Oyegun will be schooled on after his petition.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by orobs93(m): 7:41am On Feb 04, 2016
I just dey observe

1 Like

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by asha80(m): 7:42am On Feb 04, 2016
naijapips02:

are you serious? Did you see a video of that? If it is true then his this Freudian slip has revealed his true colours

1 Like

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by dustmalik: 7:44am On Feb 04, 2016
naijapips02:

Where is your proof, besides Vanguard says he did?
Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by lonelydora: 7:49am On Feb 04, 2016
Until we begin to see this country as ours and stop being partisan, then we can start moving forward as a country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by cutetopsey(f): 7:49am On Feb 04, 2016
What is wrong with this so called Oyegun and co......This people doesn't have the interest of we Nigerians at all...They are just after their own selfish interest.

Abegggiii, they should leave bihari out of this and go on their own to do anything they want to do on the case and shouldn't involve and tarnish the image of our reputable president.

Check my signature on how to get rid excess fats

4 Likes

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by brunofarad(m): 7:49am On Feb 04, 2016
Is this a clear case of clutching at a straw undecided

Time will tell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by steph2sweet(f): 7:49am On Feb 04, 2016
Lol, wonders shall never end, fighting a lost battle.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by UnknownT: 7:50am On Feb 04, 2016
Lol!!! He is still talking about Wike when we have moved over to Udom. He will soon wail again when Akwa Ibom's outcome gets to him grin grin grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:50am On Feb 04, 2016
Hahahaha this man is a joker una never begin see something

8 Likes

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by PAnaceA7(m): 7:50am On Feb 04, 2016
They should not waste any further resources

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by coldsummer: 7:51am On Feb 04, 2016
We all know everything is wrong With that judgement
Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by Pavarottii(m): 7:52am On Feb 04, 2016
APC will just shoot themselves with their own hands. Going against the highest order of Judiciary( a dangerous slide back to the military era). that's how they went against the Legislative. Not knowing. That they are all independent. Their allocation does not come from the executive, they av their own budget and all.
But wat surprises me d most is, what on earth is APC looking for? They av about 22states, PDP has 12states. Why do they want to rule in all states by all means in that motion forcefully imposing themselves on people, even if the people don't want them! They should govern and manage the one they have if truly they are 4 governance and not to loot the resources of some state.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by Seun360(m): 7:52am On Feb 04, 2016
I strongly support such move, they must be investigated.
Re: WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges by flokii: 7:52am On Feb 04, 2016
it's too bad o...

when elections didn't hold in that state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside Saraki’s ‘secret’ Meeting With Sheriff / Kogi 2019: Wada Camp Kicks Against Dino, Says ‘you Are A Comedian, Not Fit" / Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.