Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,458 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:44 PM

Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa (11113 Views)

Jonathan, Others Behind Ipob, No Nation, Not Nigeria Will Allow This - Minister / Count Anioma Nation Out Of The Niger Delta Republic! / BIAFRA: Okowa’s Aide Commends Members Of IPOB Over Peaceful Protest In Delta. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by oluwalfa: 8:37am On Feb 04, 2016
Even if he didn't say it, a Zoo governor is still a Zoo governor

If dem get liver, make them call for referendum
Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 04, 2016
IFEANYI MAKE IPOB NO HEAR YHU O
Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 04, 2016
LadyExcellency:
In the event of a referendum, the Governor has only one vote.

He has the right to campaign against Biafra and also to vote "NO" but the majority will have their way.

He failed to tell this audience that the midwest spearheaded the first coup.
the above IPOD is still dreaming about a referendum even with kanu still in jail. grin

This news will pepper IPOD youths tonight.

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/2667804_openteeth001001_jpeg8b44a7608399266384fa59984ac703d0[/img]

8 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Scholes007(m): 8:39am On Feb 04, 2016
CreampieAngela:
I am not the OP who posted the story. I am just telling you that the report was in the Authority Newspaper two days ago. You can keep playing the ostrich, the Chief Executive Officer of Delta hasa spoken. Delta has nothing to do with your _Biafraud
until it is posted here. He can say he is not in support of IPOB & MASSOB. Not all those up there.
Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:39am On Feb 04, 2016
CreampieAngela:
Bura Ubanka
Nkita kpulu ofor nna gi

2 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by akinyeleaa: 8:42am On Feb 04, 2016
Even though the news has no source yet, there is nothing surprising in this article, even wike and some others disowned Biafra a long time ago, why should Okowa's own be surprising. I served in Abia state with a dude from Asaba(Ogwashi uku precisely), they speak Igbo but do not like to be classed as Igbos

8 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by CreampieAngela(f): 8:42am On Feb 04, 2016
Scholes007:
until it is posted here. He can say he is not in support of IPOB & MASSOB. Not all those up there.
Okay, I have geard you. Delta is part of _biafraud. Are you happy now ?

3 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by KOBOJO: 8:48am On Feb 04, 2016
IFEANYI OKOWA.....even his name sounds more BIAFRA than mine...
Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by chiefobdk(m): 8:50am On Feb 04, 2016
sauce. wey d oil to digest dis yam.
Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 04, 2016
KOBOJO:
IFEANYI OKOWA.....even his name sounds more BIAFRA than mine...
the fact that you speak and bear and english name doesn't make you an English man.

Igbo is a language that can be spoken by any tribe or person without necessarily having to be Igbo.

Aniomas are not Igbos- Okowa 2016

9 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by mcvaeey(m): 9:01am On Feb 04, 2016
Useless people. Ipob and their director are hopeless and useless people. Nothing good can ever come out of them. You guys should bury your faces in shame. SS has rejected you guys on countless occasions. Where are those morons who cal anioma igboland? Anioma is pure bini land.

11 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by LadyExcellency: 9:02am On Feb 04, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
the above IPOD is still dreaming about a referendum even with kanu still in jail. grin

This news will pepper IPOD youths tonight.

Get good job and stop embarrassing yourself with virtual self worth. The IPOB are self reliant and successful in every area of their respective professions.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Kenai: 9:04am On Feb 04, 2016
post=42603566:
See them shocked Western propaganda they don land.

Gov Ifeanyi Okowo knows his root, always identifies with his people

Bros, there is a difference between "Igbo" and "Biafra". Do not let your emotions blur those lines.
Yes he respects and acknowledges his Igbo identity; but it doesn't mean he should support IPOB, just like I am full Igbo myself and do not support IPOB.
Frankly speaking, you cannot fault the man's statement as it is nothing but the truth. The Asaba constituency was never part of the originally planned Biafra even though they were our allies till the very end. Yes they are Igbo, but you must respect and accommodate ideological diversity.
What many of you don't realize is that you're destroying the Igbo cultural identity by reducing its history to nothing but the Biafra era. I feel there is more to us as a people than that, and it is pertinent we know when to draw the line lest we lose our sense of pride.
Thanks.

PS: Okowa being a proud Igbo does not change the fact that he does not support the Biafra agitation.

15 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:05am On Feb 04, 2016
akinyeleaa:
Even though the news has no source yet, there is nothing surprising in this article, even wike and some others disowned Biafra a long time ago, why should Okowa's own be surprising. I served in Abia state with a dude from Asaba(Ogwashi uku precisely), they speak Igbo but do not like to be classed as Igbos
Really! I had similar experience when I served in Ogun, Awujale of Ijebu land told us When we went to his palace that Ijebu people are not Yoruba, that they migrated from Sudan he told us historical migration of Ijebu people, seriously I was surprise that day my thought it means prominent Ijebu sons and daughters are all migrates, like Awo, Adenuga etc.

5 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by chiefobdk(m): 9:11am On Feb 04, 2016
akinyeleaa:

do you kno the distance from Asaba to ogwashi uku.

easy on d lies Biko

2 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by chiefobdk(m): 9:12am On Feb 04, 2016
no ofemmanuu to take chop dis amala.
Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 04, 2016
On the issue of Anioma being part of Biafran
territory, the governor said: “Biafra
agitation, we have criticized it. Aniomaland
as it is said, from here, was part of Bendel
State, it was part of the Midwest Region.
“We were never part of the South East and
obviously we cannot be said to be part of
them. We may speak the same language but
we were never part of the South East. We
were part of the old Midwest, we were part
of Bendel, we are now Delta State and we
are Deltans.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/i-have-no-
problem-with-uduaghan-okowa/

The above vanguard link contains his statement.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by MonPro: 9:24am On Feb 04, 2016
akinyeleaa:

Every yoruba man has a friend or two from anioma who hates Igbos and loves Yorubas. Friends that only exist in their imagination. He even thinks Ogwashiuku is the same as Asaba. cheesy lol.

5 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Wizprodigy: 9:27am On Feb 04, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
the fact that you speak and bear and english name doesn't make you an English man.

Igbo is a language that can be spoken by any tribe or person without necessarily having to be Igbo.

Aniomas are not Igbos- Okowa 2016
You are right bro, same thing to the ilaesa and the ijebus they are not yorubas also.

3 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Arch1: 9:29am On Feb 04, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
On the issue of Anioma being part of Biafran
territory, the governor said: “Biafra
agitation, we have criticized it. Aniomaland
as it is said, from here, was part of Bendel
State, it was part of the Midwest Region.
“We were never part of the South East and
obviously we cannot be said to be part of
them. We may speak the same language but
we were never part of the South East. We
were part of the old Midwest, we were part
of Bendel, we are now Delta State and we
are Deltans.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/i-have-no-
problem-with-uduaghan-okowa/

The above vanguard link contains his statement.
So the news is also in the Vanguard. I read some say the report can also be found in the Authority Newspaper.

1 Like

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by nelsonegware: 9:33am On Feb 04, 2016
By Theophilus Onojeghen and Offor Onukwuwe On 04/02/2016 05:15:46 AM Share Forget Delta, Gov Okowa warns Biafran separatists
For pro-Biafra agitators who want Delta State to be part of Biafra Republic, Gover­nor Ifeanyi Okowa has asked them to forget their ambition because no part of the state will be ceded to the proposed Republic.
The governor said although cer­tain parts of the state speak simi­lar language with leaders of the Bi­afra State promoters, “this does not mean that Delta has become part of the struggle or the South East region.”
Okowa disclosed this on Wednesday during his first interac­tive session with journalists at the Government House in Asaba, the state capital.
Fielding questions from report­ers, the governor said that “Delta State has never been, and is not part of the South East.”
He narrated how Delta was for­merly a part of the then Mid-West­ern Region, then the defunct Bendel State, before it was created alongside Edo State.
Okowa said: “Biafra agitation, we criticise it. Anioma land as it is said, was part of Bendel State; we were part of the Mid-West State, we have not been part of the South East. So obvi­ously, we cannot be said to be part of them (Biafra). We may speak a sim­ilar language, but we are not part of the South East. We were part of the Mid-West, now we are Deltans.”
The governor, who spoke on a range of issues, faulted the alleged Federal Government’s move to scrap some higher institutions, including the Maritime University located at Okerenkoko in Gbaramatu.
He argued that there is need for the Federal Government to set up more universities, instead scrapping the established ones, like the mari­time university which is one of a kind in the country. The governor revealed that leaders of Gbaramatu Kingdom have approached the state govern­ment for negotiations with the Fed­eral Government on the matter.
On the Supreme Court judg­ment of Tuesday, Governor Okowa said he won the April 11 governorship election overwhelmingly, even Del­ta Central where his two opponents: Chief Great Ogboru and Olorogun O’tega Emerhor hail from. He stat­ed that the legal battle among them has distracted governance in the state, and an insult on Deltans, who mas­sively voted for him.
Okowa said that although he had forgiven his opponents over the legal run, they should apologise to the peo­ple of the state.
His words: “As for me, I have forgiven them, because we all knew that we won the election. Ahead of the April 11 election, when we were busy campaigning everywhere, my two brothers (Ogboru and Emerhor) were struggling in one senatorial dis­trict over who will control the votes in that senatorial district, without really campaigning, and they want to gov­ern Delta State.

SHARE ON:
Share Facebook Twitter Google+

3 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2016
Wizprodigy:

You are right bro, same thing to the ilaesa and the ijebus they are not yorubas also.
give me a link to where they made such statement. IPOD fool

4 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by IgboDelta: 9:34am On Feb 04, 2016
ANIOMA IS PART OF BIAFRA
Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by misterawo: 9:39am On Feb 04, 2016
Didn't Ohaneze Ndigbo disown Biafra? He took a stand that is politically correct in the meantime. That does not change anything on the ground. He will be swept off his feet by Biafra wind of change.

3 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by misterawo: 9:42am On Feb 04, 2016
chiefobdk:

easy on d lies Biko

About 60 miles. They are far apart.
Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Princewill1(m): 9:42am On Feb 04, 2016
What is new here?

SE governors are not in support of Biafra,so what is news if a SS governor is not in support of it?

Biafra is a masses movement and not an elite project.The elite are comfortable with one-Nigeria because it favors them.

That SE governors is against Biafra has not stop the movement in SE likewise in Delta.

All over the world,revolution are carried out by the masses and not the elite.

9 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Wizprodigy: 9:43am On Feb 04, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
give me a link to where they made such statement. IPOD fool
Baby stop crying. You said that speaking a language doesn't make you an indigene, agreed. So why are you crying foul on this? Iteshikiri said they are not yoruba you guys wailed saying their language is yoruboid. Oodua slave to a fulani master.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Swizdoe(m): 9:43am On Feb 04, 2016
Which one be anioma nation again...
so many nations inside one nation (Nigeria)
Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by IkennaNweke(m): 9:45am On Feb 04, 2016
Kanwuliajeje:
Amen and TUFIAKWA at the same time!
Preach it BRO!!! kiss
Anioma can NEVER join those 'efulefus'! Ta!!!

Mumu, but Nzeogwu will be referred as an Igbo man, and his coup as Igbo coup

5 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by Scholes007(m): 9:57am On Feb 04, 2016
CreampieAngela:
Okay, I have geard you. Delta is part of _biafraud. Are you happy now ?
clearly you don't understand my stand. I don't support the current biafran struggle but peddling lies that may affect the unity of igbo nation should/can't be accepted.
Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by chosen04(f): 10:06am On Feb 04, 2016
IkennaNweke:

Mumu, but Nzeogwu will be referred as an Igbo man, and his coup as Igbo coup
You dey mind the Zombias and their level of reasoning?

3 Likes

Re: Anioma Nation Not Part Of Biafra — Okowa by akinyeleaa: 10:28am On Feb 04, 2016
chiefobdk:

easy on d lies Biko
Why should I care about the distance?
The dude is from anioma, lives in asaba.
Actually, I don't even want you to believe, we know on which side you stand, so no ish

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2017 Ogun State Christmas Carol Service In Pictures / Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep / Taraba, Middle Belt Groups Reject Army Panel Report On Danjuma’s Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.