Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,519 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

An Open Letter To Ace Ondo Sug President - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An Open Letter To Ace Ondo Sug President (1344 Views)

Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos / DELETE THIS THREAD / Uniabuja SUG President “okoye” Suspended For Looting Millions - 9jaflaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Ace Ondo Sug President by Emmmanuell: 10:27am On Feb 04, 2016
I hope it wont be out of place to congratulates you on your assumption of office as the student Union Government (SUG) President of our great citadel of learning for 2015/2016 Academic Session even though you assumed office over four months ago, how has the Journey been sir? Sir, Thank you for the Keke Napep transportation you initiated during your inaguration in September, 2015, kudos to you man, but let me remind you that the Keke Napep Initiative has not been helping matters on campus, it has little or no effect on campus, why? They are not enough, how can six Tricycle served over 15,000 Students?, i cant remember the last time i saw the tricycle on campus. Are they even still up to six ? Learnt you were able to liase with the College Management for the extension of the Deadline for the Payment of tution fees and the reduction in fine for late payment of tuition fees, kudos but may i take you down memory lane that that your predecessor (Com.Isiaka Kamorudeen) was able to liase with the same management team, through this mean, he made sure no students paid any fine for late payment, Students were even allowed to pay their tution fees when we were writing our first semester examination, you may ask me what is the difference between 5,000 and 10,000 Naira, not much sir. Did you take the NCE 3 Students into consideration while negotiating with the management on the extension of tuition fees time frame bearing in mind that they just finished their teaching Practice Last week and practically only a very few of them have even resumed on campus? Remember some of them did do their TP in Ondo town so they are more or less cut-off from what is happening on campus. The tuition fees for 200L Degree students was increased by the College Managment via Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) with the famous and now cliche word known as ''Adminstrative Charges'' i tried to check the Meaning of Adminstrative Charges but i couldnt find it in my dictionary, all you could tell Nigerian Students were some stories which i personally have not been able to comprehend. Do you know that the WIFI fees was increased from 1,500 to 3,000 this academic session, where is the WIFI? Learnt the Staffs are enjoying theirs, what about we Arbicans, are we not entitled to what we paid for?. Mr President sir, may i remind you that no Congress have been held this semester, i even learnt your office was Burgled, are we safe? Have you address the Press over this issue, have you tell the Nigerian Students what really happened. Learnt the Students (Both Freshers and Stalites) are not really paying the 500 Naira SUG Dues but the Salaries of your excos are being paid as at when due, learnt each exco recieved 20,000 last Month, how did you get that money? Do you have other means of sourcing for fund apart from the annual dues? what is the statement account of the Union? Have you been carrying the Press Along in your adminstration? When last did you address a Press Conference or grant an Interview to the Press men on Campus on the scope of things as regard your adminstration. Even learnt One of your exco whose Office is beside you has lease out his Office to a dry cleaner and he is collecting the rent, is it true sir? what about the Female Freshers always Parading the Union Building both day and night, are they the New College Supervisors? My President sir, is it true some men in Uniform tear-gassed you last month due to your intrusion into their 'Zone' if a whole SUG President can be tear gassed, what about we students? Does it mean you are feeble or not strong enough to be the SUG President? What about the unfortunate incident that happen few days ago where you were allegedly slapped by a student.Are we really safe, what do you think is responsible for this, dont you think you have to be more diplomatic in the way you handle things or better still change your strateg (ies). What is your current relationship with the men in Uniform on campus after the unfortunate incident that happened, have you reconciled with them? Have you forgiven them or you still insist on your words, i could remember i saw one of your Press statement where you allegedly called for their ban on campus, have you tried to bring them into ur fold, dont you think they are one of your students. Dont you think as the SUG President, you are more or less the Students father, who should correct and forgive his children. Whats up with Arbico FM? When are they getting their Frequency? Whats about your promise to improve the social life on campus, has it improve? when are you bringing the big artistes you promised us during your campaign to Arbico Land. Is your office open to students? Is there a suggestion box in your office where students can drop their idea and though. Think about this letter sir, i wish you the best. May the almighty bless you. Emmanuel Daraloye is a Freelance Journalist Based in Akure. #Arbico_Parrot #Extremely_Arbican
Re: An Open Letter To Ace Ondo Sug President by omodelesunky(m): 1:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
Well articulated....

(1) (Reply)

How Do We Convince The Future Generations That Education Is The Key To Success / Will There Be No Postume Exams This Year? / Question-Career Opportunities For Public Administration Students.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.