Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job (20437 Views)

Don't Give Up: After Several Rejections, I Got A Good Job / I Just Need A Better Paying Job Biko!!!! / 3 Steps To Get A High Paying Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by helovesme(f): 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
when it comes to work especially at this stage of your career, do not be sentimentally attached because when its time for the company to downsize or if you do anything that warrants a sack, there are usually no sentiments.

drop your resignation letter and move on to the new job.

if you boss is as nice as you say he is, he will match the offer of the new company or offer you much more.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Marriott1980(m): 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Let me give you a very blunt advice, If you want to move to the new job, dont think of your boss just move on. The reason for saying this is because employers dont really care about employees in the long run, what they care about is their company. If your boss get someone better than you today, he wont hesitate to let you go.

Put this in mind "LOVE YOUR JOB, DONT LOVE YOUR COMPANY"

4 Likes

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by iamosamede55: 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
prico32:
Hi Nlanders, I finished service few months ago & all through my period of staying at home I applied for quite a number of jobs.

As God will have it I was invited for a job interview, went successful & I got the job. I have been working for a month now & everyday my boss just complements how I am the person for this job they have been searching for & he's quite friendly to me.

Just few days back, one of the many jobs I applied for during my days of staying home invited me for an interview which also was successful & I was offered a job, this new job salary is like 3times my present job salary.

I've created a good relationship with my boss, really don't k ow how to tell him I'm leaving just a month of working with him. Please I need your advice, what should I do in this situation?

You have to be very careful with such decisions. Though nothing in life is guaranteed. I had a similar experience in 2013.. I got a new job after just one month. The new job was times 4 in terms of salary, inline with my career goals, better working conditions, better staff welfare, so naturally i porter. But just a year later, I lost the job due to lack of projects. Had to stay for 5montgs before I could land something again, and till now my career us still not stable.
Note I served in am oil and gas servicing compan, firsy job was in FMCG( Natural prime resources limited) makers of so klin detergent. The new offer I got was in the oil and gas industry ( engineering design services)
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by nifty247(m): 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
Since the two jobs are from private companies, I will advice you to please go for the new Job with big pay. Neither of the two jobs is having job guaranty.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by yakubuadeiza(m): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Cutehector:
Just go meet him and tell him u got a better paying job and you have someone you knw Dat will replace you immediately. Wen u do Dat, pm me. cool

Can't just stop laughing at your egoistic responce.......I no blaim u sha, #anywhichway#
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by 123papas(m): 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
Bad advice. If he increases it, he may deal with him later.
Kgdavid:

Have an honest discussion with your current boss. Perhaps he might increase your pay.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Adesiji77: 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
debbie:
It is too early to start running from one job to another...what if you pick up this new one and after some weeks you get a BETTER OFFER? Pay is a very important factor,but right now you need to focus on developing your self.What worked for mr A may not work for you.In your present job is it in line with your career prospects? A I understand the dilemma you are in,but be very wise.....you are just starting.
Personally,continue with your present job and grow....THERE IS NO END TO A BETTER PAYING JOB OUT THERE.EVERYDAY JOBS KEEP EVOLVING AND PAY RISE TOO.

Spot on!
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by 123papas(m): 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
well said
Marriott1980:
Let me give you a very blunt advice, If you want to move to the new job, dont think of your boss just move on. The reason for saying this is because employers dont really care about employees in the long run, what they care about is their company. If your boss get someone better than you today, he wont hesitate to let you go.

Put this in mind "LOVE YOUR JOB, DONT LOVE YOUR COMPANY"
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Blackops(m): 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
Cutehector:
Just go meet him and tell him u got a better paying job and you have someone you knw Dat will replace you immediately. Wen u do Dat, pm me. cool
Wagbayi... Boys no dey waste time... May you walk and never stumble.

1 Like

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by CravingChic: 4:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
Cutehector:
oya gv me ur new job then
Lwkmd! I like this guy! No time for chere kam bia
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Anomnakachukwu: 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
pls, if your current job has anything to do with chemistry, pls let me know so that i will apply. MSc Analytic and industrial chemistry.

Bros, ur decision wont be easy. I really do not know what more to add to the good advice many have given here. But pls, if the one you reject has anything to do with industrial chemistry, let me know. pm me pls pls pls. I will rain blessings and prayers on you forever. I will sow seeds in churches in your name. -pls pls pls
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
If your boss gets a better job with a pay 3 times what he's been paid,he will never think twice before taking the offer.I believe you'll still have a good relationship with your new boss.
prico32:
Hi Nlanders, I finished service few months ago & all through my period of staying at home I applied for quite a number of jobs.

As God will have it I was invited for a job interview, went successful & I got the job. I have been working for a month now & everyday my boss just complements how I am the person for this job they have been searching for & he's quite friendly to me.

Just few days back, one of the many jobs I applied for during my days of staying home invited me for an interview which also was successful & I was offered a job, this new job salary is like 3times my present job salary.

I've created a good relationship with my boss, really don't k ow how to tell him I'm leaving just a month of working with him. Please I need your advice, what should I do in this situation?

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Femich18(m): 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
Bro, just quit dt work and resume at d oda place...uve seen s better offer and why should u reject Wre ur effort will be appreciated more financially. Dnt tell me u trying to be faithful or forming loyalty.. I'm very sure if ur boss was in ur shoe he won't have a second taught about u .Xo pls quit now
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Tswata1992: 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Blackops:

Wagbayi... Boys no dey waste time... May you walk and never stumble.
.lol ,you funny die
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Jennifer89(f): 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Patented:
3 times ur current salary...............where does the confusion arise?

abg help me ask op
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Mekyno(m): 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
prico32:

ur are underpaid there. If ur very close wit ur oga, ask for pay rise dat is equal or near to the pay offered by d new firm; if he/they refuse, then humbly and respectifully resign bt be smart oo.
D present (old) firm may want to play smart. Dnt name the new firm. Gudluk
NB: ans dis: if ur oga get a job that will pay him 3x his current salary, what do u tink he will do?
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by galantjoe(m): 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
i have been in this kind situation before. i made terrible mistake by reject the offer for a bigger paying job.

i just resign from your current job and accept the offer for the bigger pay job.
Ultimately everything ends in paying your bills.

whether your employer treat you fine, that is their initial sweet tongue. they own the means and you own them obligations
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Cutehector(m): 4:58pm On Feb 04, 2016
6fit:

guy u are on point, d OP shuld choose one and advertise d other on NL let apply or better still PM me
cheesy
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Ayauche(f): 5:22pm On Feb 04, 2016
prico32:

It will really hurt him & I value relationship more

Then stay with him, was also in ur shoes but I chose to stay where I was cos like u, my boss is very understanding, appreciative and evryday I learn a lot 4rm him as he doesn't hesistate to put me thru new things.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by CoralEdge: 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2016

Same shit happened to me but i dont give shit
[/quote]
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by carpenter(m): 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
iamosamede55:

You have to be very careful with such decisions. Though nothing in life is guaranteed. I had a similar experience in 2013.. I got a new job after just one month. The new job was times 4 in terms of salary, inline with my career goals, better working conditions, better staff welfare, so naturally i porter. But just a year later, I lost the job due to lack of projects. Had to stay for 5montgs before I could land something again, and till now my career us still not stable.
Note I served in am oil and gas servicing compan, firsy job was in FMCG( Natural prime resources limited) makers of so klin detergent. The new offer I got was in the oil and gas industry ( engineering design services)

Bros,

If I had such a deal a 100 times, I will pick the new job a 100 times. Money made in 1 year is equivalent to what you would have made in the old job for four years or at best 2-3 years. Yes,you stayed home for 5 months but still a fantastic deal and to crown it, it had better working conditions and welfare.

And you are very correct, nothing is guaranteed.

2 Likes

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by ikhibones(m): 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Guy u sabi ursef..more sk to ur rizla winkGuy u sabi ursef..more sk to ur rizla
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by ikhibones(m): 5:48pm On Feb 04, 2016
Cutehector:
guy u sabi ursef..mor sk to ur rizla
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by pabjo: 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
angry
Cutehector:
Just go meet him and tell him u got a better paying job and you have someone you knw Dat will replace you immediately. Wen u do Dat, pm me. God bless your hustling, one thing you dnt know is that firm hv a choice and no matter how capable you are their wil hardly recommend you for the job. cool
Cutehector:
Cutehector:
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Franky826: 6:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=Cutehector post=42611508]Just go meet him and tell him u got a better paying job and you have someone you knw Dat will replace you immediately. Wen u do Dat, pm me. cool

dude you damn smart
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Kgdavid(m): 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
123papas:
Bad advice. If he increases it, he may deal with him later.

Deal with him how? I had the same experience... got a job that would ave paid me close to twice what i was earning but i wanted to stay where i was, so i simply showed my boss my offer letter and made him understand that i needed something more tangible than what he was offering. He increased my pay to almost match that of the other job and i stayed. No problems at all.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by Ymodulus: 6:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
makky04:
Think about which one is in line with your career.
[b]Money isn't everything, [/b]but experience will take you to greater heights.

Think of which one has more prospects and aligns with your goals.

Most importantly , Pray.

"Decision determines Destiny".

Good luck!!!

Lies!!!!!!!!

Don't listen to him. Money is all in Life. I said so
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by omegatwelve: 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
If both of them are in line with your career i suggest you go for the higher pay one.
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by smoby(m): 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
3x. Paying better hummmmm.......
Dis one is strong
Wait let me ask IFA ....

Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by christineg5(f): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2016
smoby:
3x. Paying better hummmmm.......
Dis one is strong
Wait let me ask IFA ....

great
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by MISSNORA(f): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2016
prico32:

Dear pls how do apply?u use job sites or wat?
Re: Confused: Got A Better Paying Job A Month After I Got A Job by MiztaSanchez22(m): 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
tataiwo09:
lemme book space..brb
grin
tataiwo09:
lemme book space..brb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Channels TV 2019 Job Recruitment / Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m / Just Got A Job.. Praise God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.