Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? (28101 Views)

How Do I Clear Dark Spots On My Skin?? / How To Get Rid Of Dark Knuckles Naturally / How To Remove Black Spots On My Skin (Caused By Mosquito Bites) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2009
I am somewhat lightskinned and all of a sudden, after trying an exfoliationg scrub on my legs, I have dark spots on both legs. I mean from my knees to my ankles with black discoloration. Pls people, how can i get rid of them or do I plan to see a dermatologist, it is not a pretty sight to behold and it happened so suddenly.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by chiogo(f): 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2009
Yeah, go see a dermatologist and they'd prescribe one of those topical creams like Metronidazole. They can be bought in drug stores but you need a prescription. I use one of those for something else though but I think they work for all kinda spots.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2009
chiogo:

Yeah, go see a dermatologist and they'd prescribe one of those topical creams like Metronidazole. They can be bought in drug stores but you need a prescription. I use one of those for something else though but I think they work for all kinda spots.

This would be another difficult task because i have never had or seen a dermatologist talk less of even knowing the good ones at a good cheap cost. It is really frustrating like where the hell did they come from all of a sudden, spoiling my legs.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 01, 2009
Please what kind of exfoliating scrub will do that? u sure say hydroquinine no dey?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by chiogo(f): 11:29pm On Jul 01, 2009
Nikky23:

This would be another difficult task because i have never had or seen a dermatologist talk less of even knowing the good ones at a good cheap cost. It is really frustrating like where the hell did they come from all of a sudden, spoiling my legs.
Well, it depends on where you stay. Are you in naija or. . . .?? I didn't actually see a dermatologist to get the cream I mentioned, my doctor just prescribed it for me.

How big are these spots? Most people get dark spots on the legs especially after shaving. I'm guessing the exfoliating scrub was for hair removal.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 11:32pm On Jul 01, 2009
chiogo:

Well, it depends on where you stay. Are you in naija or. . . .?? I didn't actually see a dermatologist to get the cream I mentioned, my doctor just prescribed it for me.

How big are these spots? Most people get dark spots on the legs especially after shaving. I'm guessing the exfoliating scrub was for hair removal.

ezinne1212:

Please what kind of exfoliating scrub will do that? u sure say hydroquinine no dey?

Exactly. I used Nair Hair remover. Exfoliator with skin renewal micro beads. i'm presently in america. It has spoilt my legs big time  and im somewhat light skinned.  It has no hydroquinine. The spots r not necessarily big but all over my legs now form my knees 2 my ankles with discoloration, im tempted 2 take a pic 2 show it but im confused. i rily want 2 get rid of them.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by chiogo(f): 11:43pm On Jul 01, 2009
Hmm, that's weird. I use Nair too and there appears to be black spots in my pores but not that big of a deal. you probably used the hair remover the wrong way or the product was contaminated. I would know if it's the same as mine if you post a picture. either way, use one of those creams, you can find them at CVS and Walgreen's. Just inquire, you probably don't need a prescription.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 11:49pm On Jul 01, 2009
chiogo:

Hmm, that's weird. I use Nair too and there appears to be black spots in my pores but not that big of a deal. you probably used the hair remover the wrong way or the product was contaminated. I would know if it's the same as mine if you post a picture. either way, use one of those creams, you can find them at CVS and Walgreen's. Just inquire, you probably don't need a prescription.

yeah rily weird because ive been using stuffs since just dis period, i dont rilyknow wat happened but b4 i knew i, both legs r filled with dark black spots. im doubtful of those creams @ walgreens and cvs, like ive tried using mederma 4 a small scar i had but it seems hopeless. i just want d best bet and where do u want me 2 show u d pic, here on NL?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 01, 2009
You cud be having a reaction, since ur in the states, best to check online for a dermatologist near you or ask your doctor for a referral.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 12:04am On Jul 02, 2009
chiogo:

ezinne1212:

You cud be having a reaction, since ur in the states, best to check online for a dermatologist near you or ask your doctor for a referral.

im thinking too it's a reaction, a bad one 4 dat matter. ive been using hair removals too, this just happened this period and i dont know why. i used to use mederma 4a small scar i had, but it just seemed hopeless thats y i dont really depend on creams from cvs and walgreens but i rily want this spots gone. i can show a pic 2 u both, because it is that bad but i dont if NL is ok?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by chiogo(f): 12:12am On Jul 02, 2009
LOL just put it on your profile for a minute and then take it off.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 12:17am On Jul 02, 2009
ok i would now in a minute
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 12:23am On Jul 02, 2009
Im trying 2 upload it as i just took them now so it would take a little while very soon
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 12:29am On Jul 02, 2009
did u see it, im removing it now
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 12:32am On Jul 02, 2009
ive removed it now
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by chiogo(f): 12:32am On Jul 02, 2009
Oops, sorry I missed it.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 12:37am On Jul 02, 2009
ok i put it now again. it is too enlarged and not a pretty sight so i nid 2 remove it asap.

ezinne1212, pls take a look @ it too now on my profile b4 i remove it
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by chiogo(f): 12:39am On Jul 02, 2009
Oh wow! I see it now, that's crazy. I never had those. you need to use something on it ASAP.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 12:44am On Jul 02, 2009
chiogo:

Oh wow! I see it now, that's crazy. I never had those. you need to use something on it ASAP.

yes i know i should but dont know where 2 start from or what 2 do, i guess a dermatologist
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by chiogo(f): 12:51am On Jul 02, 2009
Yeah, or a doctor in general. And if you don't have one, just go to a store(you mentioned earlier about not relying on CVS/Walgreen's products) but it won't hurt to try. I buy most of my body products there.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 12:54am On Jul 02, 2009
chiogo:

Yeah, or a doctor in general. And if you don't have one, just go to a store(you mentioned earlier about not relying on CVS/Walgreen's products) but it won't hurt to try. I buy most of my body products there.

thanks 4 ur help, i would asap. its just getting bad.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by chiogo(f): 12:57am On Jul 02, 2009
No problem. Good luck!
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by mohawkchic(f): 12:58am On Jul 02, 2009
~Was the exfoliating cream suited to your skin type?There's no specific rule that applies to getting rid of spots!What might work for someone might not necessarily work on your skin type,so your best option is seeing a Dermatologist!

~Maybe you'll find names of Cream/Lotion/Ways of getting rid of spots on this thread

How To Remove Black Spots On My Skin (Caused By Mosquito Bites)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4259.0.html
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by Nikky23: 1:13am On Jul 02, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Was the exfoliating cream suited to your skin type?There's no specific rule that applies to getting rid of spots!What might work for someone might not necessarily work on your skin type,so your best option is seeing a Dermatologist!

~Maybe you'll find names of Cream/Lotion/Ways of getting rid of spots on this thread

How To Remove Black Spots On My Skin (Caused By Mosquito Bites)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4259.0.html

thank, ill check them out but i rily need 2 see a dermatologist
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by 1stLadyRobinho: 1:13am On Aug 12, 2014
Hello Dolls, are u looking for that flawless fab glowing skin? add pin: 2BFFE36F
for 1stlady skincare customized toning creams, lightening creams, whitening creams

Half caste cream, Toning shower Gel,egyptian milk, snow white cream, morrocan milk, maintenance cream, Cuban glow cream, Dark knuckles/knees/elbow remover

Bridal glowing kit, Skin polisher, Dark Armpit eraser, Dark inner Thigh Eraser

pink lip magic balm, body scrubs and body butter, stretch mark remover, argan oil

Hot chocolate cream(for dark skinned ladies), lightening and whitening injectables and pills, exfoliating soaps, Sunburn eradicator(7days) acne remover, body polish etc STRICTLY HERBAL
GUARANTEED RESULTS FROM 7DAYS

add 1stlady:pin: 2BFFE36F

IG:1stladyskincare

whatsapp 07059900676 & 09027671957

Please like our page on facebook

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?fc=0&showPageSuggestions&id=169656663228927&_rdr

we also offer Skin Academy if u wanna be a PRO in skincare and be our own boss!!!
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by 1stLadyRobinho: 1:15am On Aug 12, 2014
Hello.... I am Olabisi, CEO 1stLady Makeover Concept 'n' More...we are using dis medium to introduce some of our beauty products(basically 4 brides to be because they are d center of attraction on their D-day so to say) but we've decided to introduce it to all because all women and ladies deserves 2 be treated as 1stLady.The name of this product is 1stLady Beauty HERBAL SPA SOAP. Action begins 3days!Ingredients are: coconut oil, Osun (cam wood)in it raw form, honey, cocoa pods, lemon, shea butter, carrots,Tamarin (not the extracted ones but the natural fruits....this soap repairs your skin, heals stretch marks, lighten ur skin, prevent and takes off pimples just 2 mention few.

We also have Herbal whitening Soap, Cream Mixing Without HIDDEN STERIODS... please contact us for bookings on 07059900676 & 09027671957 & bbm 2BFFE36F

Olabisiwemmy029@gmail.com.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by fdmskincare: 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
Havin a beautiful skin doesn't necessary require a total complexion change, but nurturing the skin with every rightful need would award u dat youthful n sleek skin u deserve. At FDM skin care n therapeutical we not only grant u dat radiant skin u wish for but care for ur skin as well.
we have varieties of product of ur choice ranging from.

Whitening/lightening cream kit,
Brow sugar glow kit,
Ebony glow kit,
Lightening face cream kit,
Body/face moisturisers (noncomedogenic),
Face scrub,
Face cream for oily n dry face ,
Body scrub to exfoliate d skin,
Herbal black soap,
Lightening liquid soap ,
Glutathione soap,
Glutathione pills,
Beauty oil; gives u dat youthful n plumpy look enrich with vitamins ,Ahas n essential oils,
Stretch marks kit,
Treatment for dark knuckles/elbows/knees/ankles,
Treatment for sunburn/ Melasma,
Treatment for pimples n acne n discolouration,
Treatment for dark spot,
Topical vitamin c powder( l ascorbic)
Prevent ageing n nourishes d skin ,
Pimples extractor steel tool effective in removing (blackhead /white head/pustules n zit ),
Pimples powder,
Herbal Facial marks for oily face n pimples,
Face cleansers ,
After shave oil, prevent bumps n inflammation
Lactic acid 88% 240ml
Etc......
Note
All creams indicted with kit comes along with a face n body scrub n also a sample of d beuaty oil

Add us up on bb 2772A2FA
Or call or watapp us on
090 51394413, 09039030457

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by homesodear: 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
Do you desire a BEAUTIFUL skin tone? Get rid of DARK KNUCKLES, knees and spots fast, without the harsh side effects of mercury, hydroquinone or steroids? Do you desire FLAWLESS, YOUNGER and HEALTHY skin? Flawless Skin Managers will help you rediscover your skin’s natural beauty safely and gently enhance your skin tone and lighten your complexion as desired with our easy-do-it-yourself exciting Classes. Get exhaustive knowledge with great tips and ideas and a great perfect basis to do it yourself like a pro, all for less in the comfort of your home in our JUNE classes.
Come get it @ the Flawless Skin Managers Do It yourself Skin Lightening Training and Skill Development seminar.

Duration: 2 days
FOR LAGOS PARTICIPANTS AND IT’S ENVIRONS
COST PER HEAD: N40, 000
DATE: 19TH AND 20TH JUNE, 2015
VENUE: WELLNESS PLACE, SECOND FLOOR, BUFFALO HOUSE, 2 ALLEN AVENUE , IKEJA, LAGOS.

FOR PORT HACOURT PARTICIPANTS AND IT’S ENVIRONS
COST PER HEAD: N50, 000
DATE: 26TH AND 27TH JUNE, 2015
VENUE: 1 AMEN CLOSE BY MINI EZEKWU STR, OFF OKPORO ROAD, BY FIRST ARTILLERY BUSTOP, PORT HACOURT, RIVERS STATE

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Models, Spas and Beauty parlours owners, Skin therapists, Cosmetics/Skin care entrepreneurs, aspiring business owners, open to all male and female

COVERAGE:
• Skin Anatomy
• Facials for different skin Types/Skin Lightening soap recipe
• How to use Chemical Peel/Lactic Acid cream recipe
• Removal of dark Spots, Dark knuckles and Dark Knees
• Acne/Essential oil Treatment/Essential oils for Skin Lightening
• Homemade Cream recipes for Skin lightening (Night use)
• Homemade Facial Wipes/Anti Ageing Vitamin Serum
• Fast Stretch Marks removal that really works!!

Time: 10am prompt.

FEES include Registration and Lecture, Course Materials, Selected Skin Care goody bags, Product sampling, Group Photograph, Snacks and Lunch and Certificate of Participation.
PARTICIPATION: Please confirm your participation by calling or add on Whatsapp 08034917464. Free gift for the first 20 participants to register. You could also send an email to flawlessskinmanagers@gmail.com for more enquiries.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by homesodear: 9:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
A TREATMENT THAT TRULY HEALS STRETCH MARKS!!! 100% (Don’t waste your money and time with costly treatments!)

Did you know that applying topical products such as plant oils, cocoa butter or any skin-care product promising to prevent, reduce or eliminate stretch marks doesn’t work? Massaging skin with rich oils and creams may feel nice, but the claims of such products only add up to anticipation and frustration. Topical skin-care products can’t raise the indentations back to where the skin level used to be. Broken elastin fibers, far below the skin’s surface,is damaged beyond the reparative or preventative capability of any moisturizer or oil.

In contrast to expensive laser treatments, chemical peels, micro dermabrasion and surgical treatments that is only offered in dermatologist offices, Flawless skin Managers offer you this amazing 4 stage package combo, made up of strictly natural ingredients with no side effects, that is harmless, safe for those with allergy to chemical reactions, those that are not suitable for cosmic laser treatments. Instead it gives a long term beautiful skin without blemish, slows the ageing process, prevents wrinkles and fine lines, and helps keeps your skin supple and tight due to collagen production beneath your skin. You will typically see an improvement to your stretch marks within 2-3 weeks of using this package and get a huge saving form expensive treatments!

Best part, all is done in the comfort of your home! Package cost N45, 000. Call or add on whatsapp 08034917464.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by fdmskincare: 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
Havin a beautiful skin doesn't necessary require a total complexion change, but nurturing the skin with every rightful need would award u dat youthful n sleek skin u deserve. At FDM skin care n therapeutical we not only grant u dat radiant skin u wish for but care for ur skin as well.
we have varieties of product of ur choice ranging from.

Whitening/lightening cream kit,
Brow sugar glow kit,
Ebony glow kit,
Lightening face cream kit,
Body/face moisturisers (noncomedogenic),
Face scrub,
Face cream for oily n dry face ,
Body scrub to exfoliate d skin,
Herbal black soap,
Lightening liquid soap ,
Glutathione soap,
Glutathione pills,
Beauty oil; gives u dat youthful n plumpy look enrich with vitamins ,Ahas n essential oils,
Stretch marks kit,
Treatment for dark knuckles/elbows/knees/ankles,
Treatment for sunburn/ Melasma,
Treatment for pimples n acne n discolouration,
Treatment for dark spot,
Topical vitamin c powder( l ascorbic)
Prevent ageing n nourishes d skin ,
Pimples extractor steel tool effective in removing (blackhead /white head/pustules n zit ),
Pimples powder,
Herbal Facial marks for oily face n pimples,
Face cleansers ,
After shave oil, prevent bumps n inflammation
Lactic acid 88% 240ml
Etc......
Note
All creams indicted with kit comes along with a face n body scrub n also a sample of d beuaty oil

Add us up on bb 2772A2FA
Or call or watapp us on

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Dark Discolouration Spots On My Legs? by 1stLadyRobinho: 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hello Dolls, are u looking for that flawless fab glowing skin? add pin: 2BFFE36F
for 1stlady skincare customized toning creams, lightening creams, whitening creams

Half caste cream, Toning shower Gel,egyptian milk, snow white cream, morrocan milk, maintenance cream, Cuban glow cream, Dark knuckles/knees/elbow remover

Bridal glowing kit, Skin polisher, Dark Armpit eraser, Dark inner Thigh Eraser

pink lip magic balm, body scrubs and body butter, stretch mark remover, argan oil

Hot chocolate cream(for dark skinned ladies), lightening and whitening injectables and pills, exfoliating soaps, Sunburn eradicator(7days) acne remover, body polish etc STRICTLY HERBAL
GUARANTEED RESULTS FROM 7DAYS

add 1stlady:pin: 2BFFE36F

IG:1stladyskincare

whatsapp 07059900676 & 09027671957

Please like our page on facebook

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?fc=0&showPageSuggestions&id=169656663228927&_rdr

we also offer Skin Academy if u wanna be a PRO in skincare and be our own boss!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Students Design “Anti-Molestation” Underwear That Electric Shocks Attackers / Miss Polo Contestants Hosted By Ben Bruce At Silverbird Gallery / Ladies, Would You Rock This Hairstyle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.